Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a good support shoe for a kid

Options
  • 04-09-2015 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, my 8 year old son needs to wear good support trainers. I usually get him Asics but they quite narrow for him. Any recommendations folks??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Go to a proper shoe shop and ask them!
    Thats what we did with my widefooted wee fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Geox. If you're in Dublin, go to Cripps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

Thanks folks...Asics are always recommended to me...but will try the Geox

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

New Balance do wide fitting for adults.
    Dunno bout kids.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Moved to Parenting. Read the Parenting forum charter.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I would go to a good shoe shop and chat to them.
    My smallest has hypermobility issues and we had to get her supportive shoes. we found the staff in Paul Byron in Maynooth brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 robbo2

Don't bother going to Cripps.... have had my two year old back twice with wrong fitting shoes, first time was given the totally wrong size. Allowed for a mistake the first time as they can happen, they fixed this. Second time ended up in A&E because of the wrong shoe, and my child not being able to walk after wearing the shoe's for a week..... didn't even get an apology from the staff they just brushed it off. To serious a thing to get wrong in kids who's feet are still developing.... never be going back.... very unprofessional

Advertisement