Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgent Help Needed from eircom

Options
  • 04-09-2015 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, My partner has just applied for a landline into the house that she just bought and moved into 3 weeks ago and has been rejected by eircom credit vetting.  She has just taken out a mortgage over a month ago so obviously has a clean credit history.  She cannot get broadband into the house at all until the line is installed and needs to work from home 2 days per week.  This is an extremely stressful situation on top of moving into the house she cannot actually work there now and eircom will not say why she is rejected.   This is literally effecting her life. If the bank can give her a mortgage eircom should be able to give a landline for 30eur per month!!! They have asked to write in a letter to eircom but the reply will take weeks, this is extremely urgent as it's effecting her job. Can someone please help as there is obviously a mistake made somewhere????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

ejdunne12 wrote: »
    Hi, My partner has just applied for a landline into the house that she just bought and moved into 3 weeks ago and has been rejected by eircom credit vetting.  She has just taken out a mortgage over a month ago so obviously has a clean credit history.  She cannot get broadband into the house at all until the line is installed and needs to work from home 2 days per week.  This is an extremely stressful situation on top of moving into the house she cannot actually work there now and eircom will not say why she is rejected.   This is literally effecting her life. If the bank can give her a mortgage eircom should be able to give a landline for 30eur per month!!! They have asked to write in a letter to eircom but the reply will take weeks, this is extremely urgent as it's effecting her job. Can someone please help as there is obviously a mistake made somewhere????
    Hi ejdunne12

This does seem quite odd in consideration of the circumstances you outlined - however ultimately all challenges to the credit vetting teams decision must be put in writing. I understand this is a laborious way to appeal but there is no other department or route to take to challenge this.

My own advice would be: In some cases where the wrong direct debit details have been entered the vetting will automatically fail but only the vetting team can confirm this. You could re-place the order online (ensuring correct direct debit details are entered) and let me know when placed and I'll check the progress of the order.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement