Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Ings had a great game at OT last year scored a nice goal aswell. I hope he is up top with benteke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Ings had a great game at OT last year scored a nice goal aswell. I hope he is up top with benteke.
    We've persisted with one up front for far too long, we are not creating enough chances and not controlling games either, so I'd be happy to see Benteke and Ings get a chance up front together. Hopefully we will see a cohesive team soon, because the disjointed way we play at the moment is hard to watch. We can't be relying on a bit of magic to get through every game.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

mav79 wrote: »
    We've persisted with one up front for far too long, we are not creating enough chances and not controlling games either, so I'd be happy to see Benteke and Ings get a chance up front together. Hopefully we will see a cohesive team soon, because the disjointed way we play at the moment is hard to watch. We can't be relying on a bit of magic to get through every game.
    Gomez at lb isn't helping from an attacking sense either as we are very predictable to defend against. We constantly come inside and never cross the ball which is fairly stupid when you have benteke in your team.

Gomez at lb isn't helping from an attacking sense either as we are very predictable to defend against. We constantly come inside and never cross the ball which is fairly stupid when you have benteke in your team.

Gomez did brilliantly to fill in for a few games when we had injuries, just like when Can filled in in defence last year, or when Flanagan played at Lb. But if you keep persisting with them they are going to be shown up, its just bad management. Opposition managers just target the players and eventually they will make mistakes. Once Moreno was fit he should have gone back into the Lb spot. And if Rodgers was not happy with Moreno he should have replaced him in the summer with a Lb not a kid who has never played there before. Sick of players being played out of position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

chelsea are worse than us right now,this pleases me greatly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

They'll still beat Arsenal next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Turtyturd wrote: »
    They'll still beat Arsenal next week.

That says more about arsenal than Chelsea.

Palace, Swansea and Leicester are better than us now which does not please me at all.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

LOAN WATCH final tally.

Sheyi Ojo (Wolves),
    Lloyd Jones (Blackpool)
    Vigouroux, Williams, Stewart (Swindon Town )
    Harry Wilson (Crewe)
    Danny Ward, Ryan McLaughlin (Aberdeen)
    Wisdom (Norwich)
    Markovic (Fenerbache)
    Samed Yesil (Lucerne)
    Joe Maguire (Leyton Orient)
    Ryan Kent (Coventry)
    Allan (HJK)
    Taiwo Awoniyi (FSV Frankfurt)
    Sergio Canos (Brentford)

plus Balotelli (Milan) Ilori (Villa) and Alberto (Deportivo) none of whom are coming back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

As suspected Lovren starts. Remarkable.

• Advertisement

mosstin wrote: »

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

mosstin wrote: »

Rodgers will keep playing him to prove a point. It will take a succession of mistakes for him to get dropped I think.

Rodgers will keep playing him to prove a point. It will take a succession of mistakes for him to get dropped I think.

Which would in turn succeed the previous succession of mistakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

There's already been a succession of mistakes. What does he have to do to get dropped? Kill someone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

How long is a succession though? A succession of stupid mistakes will see us at the bottom of the table.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Rodgers knows what he is doing with Lovren he will turn him into the best defender in the world!

The bench is really weak no game changers there.

Rodgers knows what he is doing with Lovren he will turn him into the best defender in the world!

Neither will be at the club long enough for this to happen.

Seriously, what is Rodgers thinking? If he keeps playing the catastrophe that is Lovren, does he realise his job is on the line?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Amazing how quickly it changes. Was looking at it against stoke thinking it says decent.

Missing arguably 3 starters that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Of all the players to put your job on the line for would anyone pick Lovren?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Fellani up top for Utd. This will be a long 90 mins

United's long ball game and Felliani's elbows could see them down to 10 men.

Could even out Renlvo starting.

Not too surprising with Coutinho, Henderson, Sturridge and Lallana all unavailable.

Great to see ings starting, will occupy defenders, knows where goal is too and will get in box. Lucas will presumably not get forward too much so the 2 CBs might hold up with his help :)

Big chance for Firmino to play #10 with 2 forwards ahead of him.

I fancy 3 pts today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Happy to see Ings playing. He mightn't be the best striker in the world, but he has pace and makes lots of runs, which should take some defenders away from Benteke and give him space.

Hopefully BR packs that midfield with the trio of Milner, Lucas and Can and allows Firmino to roam around that #10 spot.

Fellaini is a handful but hopefully Lovren will go to the jacks before the game so he won't sh*t himself when he gets chased again.

I'd love a win, but a draw at United is never a bad result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

A draw in our current form would be a good result.

Im hoping Ings will give us the pace up front to allow Benteke to get into the box.

Vicxas wrote: »
    A draw in our current form would be a good result.

What is our current form? The West Ham game was sh*te, yeah, but let's not forget how good we were at the Emirates either.

I'd take a draw, but I don't think the West Ham game is a proper reflection on our form so far this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

If I were Sakho I think my transfer request would have gone in to the club around 4:31 today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

What is our current form? The West Ham game was sh*te, yeah, but let's not forget how good we were at the Emirates either.

I'd take a draw, but I don't think the West Ham game is a proper reflection on our form so far this season.

A half hour good performance against Arsenal is the only positive for this season, everything else has been a disaster mainly down to the clueless idiot manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

A draw at OT is generally a good result. No change with today's game.

A half hour good performance against Arsenal is the only positive for this season, everything else has been a disaster mainly down to the clueless idiot manager.

Yeah, let's just ignore the 6/6 points we picked up from the first 2 games.

Look, I don't like BR that much, and he's done a lot of stupid sh*t this season (persisting with Lovren being the main one) but I give credit where credit is due, and after the first 3 games I was quite happy with where we were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

Call me a balding middle-aged narcissist with a penchant for buggery, but I think O'Nelvr might do ok against Fellaini today.

Yeah, let's just ignore the 6/6 points we picked up from the first 2 games.

Look, I don't like BR that much, and he's done a lot of stupid sh*t this season (persisting with Lovren being the main one) but I give credit where credit is due, and after the first 3 games I was quite happy with where we were.

Bournemouth were robbed and Couthino was about to be subbed against Stoke. They were awful performances settled by poor officials and a moment of magic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Really REALLY want a good result today but can't see where its gonna come form. Hopefully Ings and Benteke can do the business but it really depends on the midfield supplying them.

Less said about the defence the better.

Edit: I am loving the misspellings of Elvron's name

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

lovren starting is pure defiant madness and it will heap pressure on the player.

lovren starting is pure defiant madness and it will heap pressure on the player.

Makes you wonder is Rodgers being told to play him or just bad management.

Lovren with a 30 yard screamer in Fergie time for the win.

Fans in fine voice.

• Advertisement

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Fans in fine voice.

Always are against the old enemy. Its the one game i HATE losing as social media becomes unbearable

Mignolet Mignoletting Voerlning.

Hoffenheim have sold us Gok Wan's sister and called her Firmino.

A travesty for both clubs. Hundreds of millions spent and pure and utter shyte to show for it.

Benteke has to be seriously questioning his move, he was getting better service at Villa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

A travesty for both clubs. Hundreds of millions spent and pure and utter shyte to show for it.

Absolutely scutter - in all my memories of this match, this is easily the worst first half I have ever seen between both, neither team look at all ar$ed...

You know I really don't think this was the death by football Brendan had originally talked about when he arrived.

Have defended alright apart from the usual brain farts from the muppets at the back. Our use of the ball has been utterly dreadful though.

I've been watching Liverpool for years. And this is by far the most boring performance i have ever seen

I am very worried for the season if this is our performance benchmark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

My god we are so poor.

Really disappointed by Firmino.

He looks so lazy at times something I wouldnt have attributed to him. He chases down but when there is a counter on, you can see him jogging towards the goal.

Don't want to single him out as hes been no worse than everyone else, but for a 30 million pound signing you would hope hed offer a spark. At least Benteke is holding it up well and making himself busy.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement