Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I don't need a crystal ball, it's called having a bit of knowledge. I'm 100% sure we will get more than 1 point from the next 4 games.

That's not what you said originally though. Stop moving the goalposts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

We have no World class players and we have European class players.

We do have the best player in a poor league :) and when fit we have one top class premier league striker.

The rest of the squad vary from poor, average, good and not bad at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

That's not what you said originally though. Stop moving the goalposts.

I said I think 10 points is a possibility.

I said there is zero chance of only getting 1 point.

Learn to read if you're going to try and be smart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭6am7f9zxrsjvnb

mosstin wrote: »
    We have 2 world class players? Really?
    Coutinho isn't at that level yet and Danny isn't either. Unless you're thinking of other players?
    World class is a frequently misused term.
    For me it's a player who would shine in any of the top 4 sides and the top 3 in Spain and top 1 in France or Germany.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

World Class is far too subjective a term for this thread, or forum. Let's just go by players rated 88+ in Fifa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Nice to see Brod bare some teeth yesterday.
    Suarez,Sturridge and Sterling had the class to dictate how he set up his team in 13/14.

Last year he lost all 3.It was always going to be a struggle.Ancellotti,while respecting the club's heritage,would run a mile.He's used to having at least 6 world class players at his disposal.Liverpool have 2.
    How many of the Liverpool squad would get in to a Top 4 starting 11?
    City- Sturridge (fully fit)
    Chelsea- Sturridge
    Arsenal- Sturridge,Lucas (based on yesterday)
    United- Sturridge,Coutinho

How the hell is Rodgers under pressure to finish 4th?
    Edge out Spurs and hit 70 points should be his brief.

And forget about the whole 'player recruitment' argument.No one has a clue who makes those decisions these days.
    Who would Coutinho replace in the United team?

Also Sturridge wouldn't get in ahead of Costa and Aguero, that's mental stuff. He'd get in the United team on current ability but it would be at the expense of Martial who could become a better player.

Liam O wrote: »

Also Sturridge wouldn't get in ahead of Costa and Aguero, that's mental stuff. He'd get in the United team on current ability but it would be at the expense of Martial who could become a better player.

Or he could become Macheda, he has played 5 games I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,954 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

My definition of world class is the top 3-5 players in their position.

No one at Liverpool is there yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Thidp

No way Sturridge would have a place in Manchester City.

They play with one striker and Aguero is about 100x a better player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

For me it's a player who would shine in any of the top 4 sides and the top 3 in Spain and top 1 in France or Germany.

Watching too many of Rodgers press conferences. You sound like him lol. But I agree Sturridge is a top class striker but needs to stay fit. We are lucky that the committee overruled Rodgers since he didn't want him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Do you understand how the points system works?

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Do you understand how the points system works?

Again, stop trying to be smart, I fear it doesn't suit you.

I said I think 10 points are a possibility, I didn't say we WOULD get them.

I said WE WILL get more than 1 point.

Where is the confusion here?

My definition of world class is the top 3-5 players in their position.

No one at Liverpool is there yet.

Which begs the question...Why do 9 in 10 posters here want him gone when the club are 3 points from a top 4 berth?

Again, stop trying to be smart, I fear it doesn't suit you.

I said I think 10 points are a possibility, I didn't say we WOULD get them.

I said WE WILL get more than 1 point.

Where is the confusion here?

Stop being stupid, I fear you'll bring the whole thread down to your level. You said there is no chance we will get one point, if we lose 3 games and draw one how many points will we have from the four games?

• Advertisement

Stop being stupid, I fear you'll bring the whole thread down to your level. You said there is no chance we will get one point, if we lose 3 games and draw one how many points will we have from the four games?

Yes and I feel we will get more than 1 draw. How is this confusing you?

You made a bet earlier that we will get either 0 points or just 1. Don't try and backtrack on it already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

K-9 wrote: »
    Villa, Norwich and West Ham at home, we took 4 points.

West Ham are beating all the top teams
    5starpool wrote: »
    We're not on track as things stand. It's not a 5000m race where it can be preferable to wait in the pack until the end when you sprint clear. We're certainly not out of things, but being 7th isn't being on track.

Also, I may be wrong, but we were closer to the relegation places than the CL ones 12 hours ago, weren't we?

No we where 5 points from relegation and 4 from champions league

Listen all I am saying is that as much any team we are in the race right now. Liverpool are far from stable but I think the Internet Anti-Rodgers campaign have conned a lot over the last couple of weeks. They have made it seem like Liverpool were f1cked and if Rodgers doesnt go we are in for a relegation battle.

Truth is that we are aiming for a top 4 this season and a trophy.

Fact is we are past the first hurdle in the league cup and even the Europa. 3 wins in the next 5 (euro) games gives us 10 points in the group. We are also within 2 points of top 4 and are potentially one favourable weekend away from jumping right in there

Yes and I feel we will get more than 1 draw. How is this confusing you?

You made a bet earlier that we will get either 0 points or just 1. Don't try and backtrack on it already.

I won that bet already. Do you not understand chance/probability either, the points system, the English language?

Grayditch wrote: »
    World Class is far too subjective a term for this thread, or forum. Let's just go by players rated 88+ in Fifa.

Thank jebus that someone is talking sense :D

Seriously though this "world class" talk is just boll8x

World class to me may not be to another person. Really who gives a sh1t if we have 11 world class players or none. In Istanbul we had NO world class players. Not even Stevie f'n G was considered "world class" at the time.

As long as our team is effective it matters not that we have "world class" players. We just need players that are good at their role and imo we have players who should be efficient in their roles.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

You should be happy to give 100/1 odds or better then to someone on us getting exactly 1 point in the next 4 games.

Turty will give you a fiver if we get more (or less to sweeten the deal) than 1 point, you give him 500 if we get exactly 1 point.

Seems like a free fiver to you if there is zero chance of it happening. You might even give odds of 1000/1 to incentivise him if it's free money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Which begs the question...Why do 9 in 10 posters here want him gone when the club are 3 points from a top 4 berth?

Because there has been no improvement over last season, he can't organize a defence, he's constantly saying he's rebuilding and we can challenge next season, and never before has an LFC manager had to rely on one player keeping him in a job.

I won that bet already. Do you not understand chance/probability either, the points system, the English language?

You've won a bet that possibly cannot be won for 4 league games? Good man.

Are we going to have 2 pages on the difference between virtual zero chance and literal zero chance, now lads? I don't think I could handle the excitement.

5starpool wrote: »
    You should be happy to give 100/1 odds or better then to someone on us getting exactly 1 point in the next 4 games.

Turty will give you a fiver if we get more (or less to sweeten the deal) than 1 point, you give him 500 if we get exactly 1 point.

Seems like a free fiver to you if there is zero chance of it happening. You might even give odds of 1000/1 to incentivise him if it's free money.

I told the other poster to name his stake. He named it, I agreed.

Liam O wrote: »

Fair enough on Aguero..I think Sturridge is better than Costa.Coutinho would add some creativity to United's midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

This thread since last weekend:

train-derail-o.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

This thread is rapidly turning into so much garbage. Painful stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

You've won a bet that possibly cannot be won for 4 league games? Good man.

He has. You said there was no chance of 1 point out of the next 4 games. There is a chance of anything between 0-12, with the exception of 11.

You may well believe we will get more than 1, but that's not what you bet.

Name your terms and stake.
    Very tempted to say forum access for the good of the thread but we both know you'll be back again.

Just give 50 euro to charity and stick the proof up here, good kid.
    Either is good with me.
    I told the other poster to name his stake. He named it, I agreed.

Doesn't seem like terms was agreed to me, unless Turty is the worst punter in the world and agreed to an even price bet on 1 point in 4 games which would be madness. Not clear to me anyhow, plus there were 2 stakes mentioned, doesn't say which would be the stake.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

I know it's the cool thing to blame Caovyn for the thread but he's far from the only culprit, plenty of posters tripping over themselves to try and be funny or to antagonise him.

• Advertisement

Mr.H wrote: »
    3 wins in the next 5 (euro) games gives us 10 points in the group. We are also within 2 points of top 4 and are potentially one favourable weekend away from jumping right in there

That would be brilliant, believe me, I'll be running around with my underpants on my head in celebration.

But can you not see why some of your fellow fans are concerned that, on the basis of the quality of performances over the last 20 games or so, right up to yesterday afternoon, we're not likely to find ourselves in such a happy position?

I'm not for a minute asking you to agree with them. But you can see where they're coming from, right? That most of them are sincere in their concern, and it's not some dark, personal vendetta against Rodgers fuelled by factors unrelated to his stewardship?

For instance, I can see exactly where you're coming from, and while I don't agree with you, I accept that you're not mad or delusional or at the Kool-Aid or any other such nonsense.

Maybe I'm cracked, I dunno, just it would be nice if we all remembered we were on the same side.

I know it's the cool thing to blame Caovyn for the thread but he's far from the only culprit, plenty of posters tripping over themselves to try and be funny or to antagonise him.

This /\

My advise would be Caovyn, Just ignore the ones trying to wind you up mate. Its turning into a pathetic p1ssing contest right now. You arent coming across to anyone in a bad way so its safe to not get drawn into nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

It's impossible to ignore him cos people keep quoting him. If people stopped taking the bait we might have a decent thread

This /\

My advise would be Caovyn, Just ignore the ones trying to wind you up mate. Its turning into a pathetic p1ssing contest right now. You arent coming across to anyone in a bad way so its safe to not get drawn into nonsense.

lol

I admit I'm probably not helping things and will chill out a bit, but the bolded bit above is just so wrong.

You arent coming across to anyone in a bad way so its safe to not get drawn into nonsense.

Ah here...

You and him should form a klique.

This /\

This one even has my sarcasm detector confused.

**** this.
    330.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,954 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

No one's picking on the lad, look through his posts, it's just a load of unbacked claims and loaded questions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

You and him should form a klique.

Like a moth to a flame!

Lots of folk would agree it's a poor Superthread, lots of shyte being posted, check out the top 3 posters and pin blame accordingly.

corwill wrote: »
    That would be brilliant, believe me, I'll be running around with my underpants on my head in celebration.

But can you not see why some of your fellow fans are concerned that, on the basis of the quality of performances over the last 20 games or so, right up to yesterday afternoon, we're not likely to find ourselves in such a happy position?

I'm not for a minute asking you to agree with them. But you can see where they're coming from, right? That most of them are sincere in their concern, and it's not some dark, personal vendetta against Rodgers fuelled by factors unrelated to his stewardship?

For instance, I can see exactly where you're coming from, and while I don't agree with you, I accept that you're not mad or delusional or at the Kool-Aid or any other such nonsense.

Maybe I'm cracked, I dunno, just it would be nice if we all remembered we were on the same side.

Def mate

I get why people are concerned. Over the last couple of weeks my girlfriend would testify to my growing concern. I wont try to convince anyone to change their minds on their opinions because football is just all about opinions. I love having a bit of banter and debate about opinions.

When I say stuff I just try to show what my opinion is and I often try to make it clear that everyone else doesnt have to/probably shouldnt :D agree with me.

A lot of people are saying this whole last 20 games or the last 18 months and such. I am trying to stay positive by thinking last year was just one of those anomaly's that should never have happened and I dont think we will ever really get why it happened. Just a number of sh1tty small things that added together. So I have given the benefit of the doubt and written off last year. This season however didnt start great but if you see our actually position in every competition we are exactly where we would want to be (unless we expected to win the league of course)

Thats why I am optimistic.

But if we get a top 4 buddy we will all be celebrating and it wont matter what side of the debate anyone was on :o

Ah come on guys and gals he/she (sorry Caovyn I dont know which), got caught up in a debate and now it is just been dragged along and been used to get some cheap digs in.

Who here doesnt say the odd stupid thing??? :D I know I ALWAYS do (possibly within the last couple of posts :D)

Benimar wrote: »
    He has. You said there was no chance of 1 point out of the next 4 games. There is a chance of anything between 0-12, with the exception of 11.

You may well believe we will get more than 1, but that's not what you bet.

I said there is zero chance we only get 1 point over the next 4 league games. Are you now confused aswell?

This is how I feel reading this thread in the last hour.

tumblr_lzq2qgznGn1qeyggno1_400.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

Can ye pm each other and stop ruining the thread.

• Advertisement

GbPWkc5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Post count doesn't matter to ****. Numerous people have kept saying that the thread is gone to **** and that they have him or another on ignore.

Just because you have a bee in your bonnet about a poster. It should have anything to do with how people perceive Caovyn

This is how I feel reading this thread in the last hour.

tumblr_lzq2qgznGn1qeyggno1_400.jpg

Personally I blame folk who can't understand basic English. If I gave a ****e I'd nearly say the ganging up was bordering on bullying, luckily though I just don't care.

I said there is zero chance we only get 1 point over the next 4 league games. Are you now confused aswell?

200_s.gif

Post count doesn't matter to ****. Numerous people have kept saying that the thread is gone to **** and that they have him on ignore.

Just because you have a bee in your bonnet about a poster. It should have anything to do with how people perceive Caovyn

Cant we all just get along :o

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement