Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Personally I blame folk who can't understand basic English. If I gave a ****e I'd nearly say the ganging up was bordering on bullying, luckily though I just don't care.

Dude stop worrying about what others on THE INTERNET think about you. Just relax and start talking about something else and everyone will move on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Grayditch wrote: »
    Are we going to have 2 pages on the difference between virtual zero chance and literal zero chance, now lads? I don't think I could handle the excitement.

Well I'm on the edge of my seat wondering what'll happen next. I do live a very sheltered life though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

bullying

That's just plain bull****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,933 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Back to Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Mazzarri to meet Liverpool?
    Reports in Italy claim former Inter Coach Walter Mazzarri has flown to England to meet Liverpool.

The Reds’ current manager Brendan Rodgers is under pressure after a poor start to the season, despite significant investment this summer.

According to Italia 24 News, Mazzarri took a Ryanair flight to Liverpool from Pisa airport at 10.10 this morning, with the website carrying a picture which appears to be Mazzarri in the departure lounge.

The site claims that the ex-Nerazzurri boss will meet with the hierarchy at Anfield, making him a serious candidate in the event of Rodgers’ departure.

The move would be good news for Inter, who are still paying Mazzarri after sacking him last year in favour of Roberto Mancini.

If he were to take over at Liverpool, the Beneamata would save a year’s payment on his salary of around €5m gross, with his contract having been due to expire in June next year.

Highlighted part lol :pac:

http://www.football-italia.net/73471/mazzarri-meet-liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I said there is zero chance we only get 1 point over the next 4 league games. Are you now confused aswell?
    Personally I blame folk who can't understand basic English. If I gave a ****e I'd nearly say the ganging up was bordering on bullying, luckily though I just don't care.

Chance is a possibility of something happening.

You made a bet that there is zero chance in getting 1 point in the next 4 games.

There is, no matter how small you perceive it to be.

The correct bet would be, "I predict that Liverpool will get more than one point in the next four games". Funnily enough basic English has been used against you to lose your bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

Back to Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Mazzarri to meet Liverpool?

Highlighted part lol :pac:

http://www.football-italia.net/73471/mazzarri-meet-liverpool

Please no...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

NukaCola wrote: »

You made a bet that there is zero chance in getting 1 point in the next 4 games.

The correct bet would be, "I predict that Liverpool will get more than one point in the next four games". Funnily enough basic English has been used against you to lose your bet.

That makes perfect sense. You've cleared it all up and ruined the thread on me. I'll have to spend the rest of the day whittling sticks or something now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Great to see Sturridge scoring again. I was saying to my friend last week that he may well be Rodgers saviour and then yesterday happened!

Still a shambles with defending, but I think it's something that will never change.

Hope we can put a run together now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It's really hard to argue with that explanation of what happened with the bet. It's really hard to care, though. It'll be really hard to keep reading about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Yakult wrote: »
    Great to see Sturridge scoring again. I was saying to my friend last week that he may well be Rodgers saviour and then yesterday happened!

Still a shambles with defending, but I think it's something that will never change.

Hope we can put a run together now.

What's this off topic rubbish?

• Advertisement

Fair play to the lad :)

Fair play to the lad :)

And he didn't do his cruciate when celebrating:D

Fingers crossed for the lad he will get a full injury free season ahead of him with lots of goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,392 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Fair enough on Aguero..I think Sturridge is better than Costa.Coutinho would add some creativity to United's midfield.

There probably isn't too much between Costa and Sturridge overall, Costa is far better for the Chelsea system though.

Coutinho would add creativity. Kind of like what Mata does just worse?

To be fair to Brendan Rodgers in his interviews, although I had to stop watching them, I'd be a bit embarrassed if the manager said something like Mourinho did about Newcastle. "Against some teams they sweat blood, and against others they don’t. It is an attitude typical of a team that wins nothing."

It's probably better to have a manager who bigs himself up, rather than one that slates everyone around him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I stopped bothering with the which Liverpool players would get into other teams argument. When they said suarez wouldn't get into the utd team.

I stopped bothering with the which Liverpool players would get into other teams argument. When they said suarez wouldn't get into the utd team.

Wasn't that when Suarez was being outscored by RVP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Liam O wrote: »
    There probably isn't too much between Costa and Sturridge overall, Costa is far better for the Chelsea system though.

Coutinho would add creativity. Kind of like what Mata does just worse?

Coutinho > Mata

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Wasn't that when Suarez was being outscored by RVP?

And the argument for rooney was

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Turtyturd wrote: »
    What's this off topic rubbish?

Amm.. Uh.. I meant I like eggs for breakfast, preferably scrambled, with some toast, lightly toasted and a pound of butter. And tay. Earl grey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2015/09/reports-jurgen-klopp-would-demand-transfer-overhaul-if-appointed-liverpool-manager/
    Jurgen Klopp “would demand the end of Liverpool’s transfer committee” if he takes over from Brendan Rodgers as Reds manager.

That is according to the Mail‘s Joe Bernstein, who suggests that Klopp would interested in the role—but only if his stipulations were met by Liverpool owners Fenway Sports Group.

“The German tactician has also made it clear he would only be interested in ending his sabbatical by taking a job at Anfield if he is a unanimous choice rather than just elements within the club,” Berstein claims.

He later continues: “The former Borussia Dortmund manager is open to the idea of managing one of Europe’s traditional big clubs but only on his terms.”

Essentially it means removing the transfer committee and hiring a Sporting Director.

Klopp officially turn's down job because of what he read as an agenda against the Liverpool manager on a internet message board in Ireland.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/Klopp

And the argument for rooney was

Rooney was still scoring about 1 in two as the 2nd striker and doing a lot of other things.
    Mr.H wrote: »
    Coutinho > Mata

Come back to me when he wins something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I said I think 10 points is a possibility.

I said there is zero chance of only getting 1 point.

Learn to read if you're going to try and be smart.

So what happens if you lose 3 and draw 1?? I'm confused about that.

What a ridiculous thing to say, no matter who you think is better.

• Advertisement

brevity wrote: »
    http://www.thisisanfield.com/2015/09/reports-jurgen-klopp-would-demand-transfer-overhaul-if-appointed-liverpool-manager/

Essentially it means removing the transfer committee and hiring a Sporting Director.

That would be for the best no matter who comes in.

FjGIclW.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

I lose the bet.

Haha, the worst possible argument for which player is better than the other :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

15406149607_532e2bf934_m.jpg
    P1100594.jpg

• Advertisement

What a ridiculous thing to say, no matter who you think is better.

Ah it was a bit lazy I know, but I didn't want to get into how Mata was key in a Champions League win due to aforementioned laziness.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    15406149607_532e2bf934_m.jpg
    P1100594.jpg

Get a 4 in 1 you heathen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 268 ✭✭Paddy Dreadful

Coutinho > Mata

LOL:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Get a 4 in 1 you heathen.

No need for meat, it takes up precious space thats needed for rice and chips.

Oh and a wee tip for 3&1 fans, ask for salt & chilli chips. Its such a winner.

I lose the bet.

But if there is "zero possibility" of Liverpool getting 1 point from the next 4 league games, how is it possible for them to get 1 point from their next 4 league games?? Surely "zero possibility" precludes Liverpool from getting 1 point.

Weren't you chastising people for their grasp of the English language?

To bring things back on track I think we have the basics of a good team. We need a new goalie and the defence needs work, but in front of that we have plenty.

Unfortunately, our defence has been porous throughout Rodgers reign. He doesn't seem to be able to be able to organise it. Even in our second placed season, the defence was poor but we scored a lot of goals to cover this. This will be his ultimate undoing. If you want success in any competition you need a solid defence.

To bring things back on track I think we have the basics of a good team. We need a new goalie and the defence needs work, but in front of that we have plenty.

Unfortunately, our defence has been porous throughout Rodgers reign. He doesn't seem to be able to be able to organise it. Even in our second placed season, the defence was poor but we scored a lot of goals to cover this. This will be his ultimate undoing. If you want success in any competition you need a solid defence.

I don't follow Celtic, it's weird that they seem to be in a very similar situation to ourselves.

There's a great example of the thread being derailed before your eyes.

a2c1d3bdc1c8af61e5369d49d4b6fa56.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

People are calling you out on all your backtracking and moving the goalposts so stop with the 'I'm being bullied' shyte.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I lose the bet.

You already lost the bet.
    There's zero chance we only get 1 point from the next 4 games in the league.
    Turtyturd wrote: »
    Waant to make a bet on that?

You accepted the terms.

You didn't reply to my earlier post but here it is again in case you missed it.
    NukaCola wrote: »

Now pay the price and lets all shut up about the ****ing bet.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Rooney was still scoring about 1 in two as the 2nd striker and doing a lot of other things.

Come back to me when Mata stops doing everything at a snails pace. Coutinho is a better player.

First live game of the season for me :)

Delighted with the result.

Defensively we are still a mess. I've conceded this will always be the way under Rodgers.

Attacking wise Sturridge was a joy. He's still a tad rusty which is mad. Really hope he stays fit as he's a joy to watch tbh.

Lucas was my motm.

Daniel Sturridge he was running through on goal
    Singing "Do wah diddy, diddy, dum diddy do"
    Passed a defender and he slots it in the net

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

LOAN WATCH now with three added players

Sheyi Ojo (Wolves) - Came on at 65 mins in 1-1 away draw
    Lloyd Jones (Blackpool) - full game in 2-0 defeat
    Vigouroux, Williams, Stewart (Swindon Town) - Vig on bench and Williams played full game, Stewart not in squad defeated 1-2.
    Harry Wilson (Crewe) - came on at 77 mins in 1-1 away draw
    Danny Ward, Ryan McLaughlin (Aberdeen) - Ward full game in 2-1 defeat, McLaughlin unused sub
    Wisdom (Norwich) - Unused sub
    Markovic (Fenerbache) - Started game but subbed on 38 mins with injury
    Samed Yesil (Lucerne) started game and scored winning and only goal subbed on 65 mins.
    Joe Maguire (Leyton Orient) - not in squad
    Ryan Kent (Coventry) Full game in a 2-1 defeat
    Allan (HJK) - played full game on Wednesday and had a hand in each of goals 3-0 win
    Taiwo (FSV Frankfurt) - On bench but didn't play
    Sergio Canos (Brentford) - Came off the bench on 73 mins in 1-2 defeat
    Balotelli (Milan) played full game in 1-0 defeat
    Ilori (Villa) not in squad
    Alberto (Deportivo) Assist for one goal in 3-0 win (they are doing pretty well)

Notes - The Swindon loanees are slipping out of contention with only Williams now keeping his place, Awoniyi got his first match squad inclusion. Samed Yesil started his first League game, scoring the winner should do him a power of good. Danny Ward let in two goals for the first time this season in SP and suffered first defeat. Still 4 points ahead of Celtic though.

What's the Mata talk about?

He was cast aside by the best manager around and sold for top cash. Mourinhio is no fool.

Coutinho for me is still learning. Plenty to learn yet but he's a player I'd pay to watch. I'd hazard a guess next season will be his last. That's probably optimistic too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Coutinho > Mata

There are more letters in Coutinho's name than Mata yes

But in terms of football ability Coutinho isn't as good as Juan Mata, not a chance. Coutinho looks good in a Liverpool team like Sterling did and when he started playing with better players he has been a class below, like Coutinho if he moves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

rarnes1 wrote: »
    First live game of the season for me :)

Delighted with the result.

Defensively we are still a mess. I've conceded this will always be the way under Rodgers.

Attacking wise Sturridge was a joy. He's still a tad rusty which is mad. Really hope he stays fit as he's a joy to watch tbh.

Lucas was my motm.

Daniel Sturridge he was running through on goal
    Passed a defender and he slots it in the net

:)

What was the crowd like at 3-2. Was it nervous. I'm heading over to the Derby next week.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    What's the Mata talk about?

He was cast aside by the best manager around and sold for top cash. Mourinhio is no fool.

Coutinho for me is still learning. Plenty to learn yet but he's a player I'd pay to watch. I'd hazard a guess next season will be his last. That's probably optimistic too.

For every 9/10 game Coutinhio has, he has five 5/10 games. He's still terribly inconsistent. But as you say he is still young and the consistency will come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Great day yesterday.
    Milner, Lucas, Ings all boss :)
    Sturridge 1st half was off the pace but 2nd half was electric, he could have scored 4 himself.
    The noise from the kop was amazing, as we were 5 rows from the back :)
    Roll on the derby game and lets take the toffess.
    Can't wait to go back in January for the Utd game hopefully :)

It was nice to see the team arrive as well, couldn't believe the amount of scandi's over there.

The taxi driver (his son great mates with Gerrard) who has 3 season tickets, was saying that there were 1000 season tickets picked up by Norwegians.

The new stand looks very impressive with what has been done so far on it.

RODGERS OUT :D

• Advertisement

niallo27 wrote: »
    What was the crowd like at 3-2. Was it nervous. I'm heading over to the Derby next week.

Nervy enough. Understandable I guess considering our defence. Great crack though. Almost forgot how magic a live game is

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement