Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Knex. wrote: »
    Hardly though. Not unless he shows complete incompetence in the training ground, which I doubt he does.

Top tier club managers all over the world talk like this, especially when their back is to the wall. You have to back yourself.
    Most managers don't talk so much to the media all the time. Rodgers has always tried to have a very good relationship with the media & maybe he thought that would spare him getting alot of criticism when things are not going well. All he should have said as most managers would have is there is always pressure at big clubs. So many of his quotes have come back to bite & really he should learn to keep his mouth shut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Knex. wrote: »
    In the context, its fine. You can't have it both ways, anyway. Wanting him out for results, but on the flip side, giving out when he takes credit for results in a different time period.

Its all or nothing.

As Grayditch said, quotes are fine. Results are bad. The latter is clouding the former here for many.

But it's not all or nothing, really. If he'd come off the back of a run of half a dozen good results and performances, then he'd have earned the pop he wanted to have at the Sky ex-LFC pundits or whoever. Squeaking past Sherwood's Villa at home, having hid behind Gary Mac during the week, is not quite yet the time to don the cape of Captain Billybigballs.

Is it tomorrow the sacking is being unannounced chaps?

Augeo wrote: »
    Is it tomorrow the sacking is being unannounced chaps?

He's certainly talking a lot more like a guy who thinks he's going to be around for a while than he was on Friday morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,932 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

What Brendan is reading at the moment the best selling self help motivational book.

charlie+sheen+self+help+book_width_640x.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

corwill wrote: »
    He's certainly talking a lot more like a guy who thinks he's going to be around for a while than he was on Friday morning.

Its that or he is going out with a flourish (or possibly an aneurysm)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Americans like an overly confident, brash atthichood, where self reflection and second guessing yourself is a weakness.

B-Rod is pure nailing in the interviews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

Lads I think some of you are taking those quotes a bit too seriously. He's being heavily criticised and he's responding to the critics saying he's the same manager who was in charge when we almost won the league and he can get back to that. I also don't take from the quotes that he's criticising our current group of players, more so that he's saying we lost Suarez and pretty much Sturridge for last season and now Sterling this season. Judge him for our performances not for quotes where he's defending himself as a manager. If he doesn't believe in what he's doing then we're ****ed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

MD1990 wrote: »
    I think Rodgers is saying I because he is referencing about all the specualtion about his future as manager. Because if he had that sort of attitude around the players they would stop playing for him.

Both Milner and Lucas have come out with encouraging quotes.

Tbh Rodgers doesn't bother me that much, Mourinho is more annoying atm but everybody knows what he is at this stage.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

punk_one82 wrote: »
    Lads I think some of you are taking those quotes a bit too seriously. He's being heavily criticised and he's responding to the critics saying he's the same manager who was in charge when we almost won the league and he can get back to that. I also don't take from the quotes that he's criticising our current group of players, more so that he's saying we lost Suarez and pretty much Sturridge for last season and now Sterling this season. Judge him for our performances not for quotes where he's defending himself as a manager. If he doesn't believe in what he's doing then we're ****ed.

Not directed at you at all. But so many people not saying this.

And Gerrard is gone aswel. Massive psychological effect on the group, no doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

LiamoSail wrote: »
    "Scandi's". Did you walk back through Dublin airport with a copy of the Echo under your arm and a scouse twang to your voice?

Thing that always strikes me is that those who give off about the Scandanavians going to games etc are the same that'll slate the Irish for similar once they're chatting to someone else

I wasn't giving off about anyone and the taxi driver wasn't either he just made comment when I mentioned the amount of scandi's over for the game. Taxi drivers are delighted cause between the irish and scandi's it keeps them busy in work. I couldn't give a Fcuk where ppl come from. They are all FANS, and they pay their hard earned money to go.

Regarding the term scandi's. As mentioned above its a term used quiet a lot, not just in Liverpool.
    I have played lots of poker around the country and the big festivals and the amount of Scandinavians that come over is huge.

punk_one82 wrote: »
    Judge him for our performances not for quotes where he's defending himself as a manager.

I can only speak for myself, but my opinion of him is, first and foremost, based on performances, which have been unsatisfactory for some time. It's just interesting to note that, if you take Rodgers at his word, he doesn't judge himself on those same performances.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Liam O wrote: »
    Clyne or Darmian maybe, to suggest Coutinho is at the level of Mata is ridiculous imo. When Mata was Coutinhos age he was a standout attacking player at the European Champions. Coutinho is pretty far from there atm.
    The year Chelsea finished 6th in the league which is a more realistic measure of the true level of that chelsea team. In four full seasons in England mata has league finishes of 6th , 3rd , 7th and 4th. Mata plays to the right side at utd anyway the likes of rooney, fellaini get trusted with the central role.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Rodgers statement:
    He is completely right to talk like that. People having a go are just annoyed he still has a job and could do well.

I wonder how much of that 300 million was spent on players he didn't want? Plus how do we know he didn't want Sturridge? More sh1t talk from the anti crowed? Same people that claim Sakho was unwanted despite new contract and captainsy last week?

As for Mata:
    Mata was not wanted by Jose and isn't rated in Spain at all. Coutinho on the other hand could go to Barca or Real. Mate is/was all hype and although talented is not as good as Coutinho. Although he is a better finisher he has less pace and he is more one dimensional with his runs. Coutinhos passing is more expansive and despite his new found greed he has a good long strike.

Mata was never the player United fans claim he was. He isn't even a number 10. He is number 2 (sh1t) striker who plays deep because he isn't good enough up front. Basically the Spanish Rooney. If Spain have a fit side Mata doesn't get called up let alone play.

Clyne:
    Haha give me a break. The united fella better? When? When United signed him he was better? Surely wasn't the day before. Clyne is younger faster and great going forward and defensively. Clyne is a one of the best RB's in the league (Top 3/4 anyway. Coleman is number one the last couple years)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Mr.H wrote: »
    Rodgers statement:
    He is completely right to talk like that. People having a go are just annoyed he still has a job and could do well.

I wonder how much of that 300 million was spent on players he didn't want? Plus how do we know he didn't want Sturridge? More sh1t talk from the anti crowed? Same people that claim Sakho was unwanted despite new contract and captainsy last week?

As for Mata:
    Mata was not wanted by Jose and isn't rated in Spain at all. Coutinho on the other hand could go to Barca or Real. Mate is/was all hype and although talented is not as good as Coutinho. Although he is a better finisher he has less pace and he is more one dimensional with his runs. Coutinhos passing is more expansive and despite his new found greed he has a good long strike.

Mata was never the player United fans claim he was. He isn't even a number 10. He is number 2 (sh1t) striker who plays deep because he isn't good enough up front. Basically the Spanish Rooney. If Spain have a fit side Mata doesn't get called up let alone play.

Clyne:
    Haha give me a break. The united fella better? When? When United signed him he was better? Surely wasn't the day before. Clyne is younger faster and great going forward and defensively. Clyne is a one of the best RB's in the league (Top 3/4 anyway. Coleman is number one the last couple years)

Going by your first sentence, Coutinho wasn't wanted by a poor Inter side. The most one eyed argument I've seen on here. Laughable. They are 2 different players. Both are class on their day, with Mata being more consistent, but Courinho has a few years to catch up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

So Brendan who nearly won the league two seasons ago?

Rodgers: "I am the same man who nearly won us the league, but better. If you give me the tools I’ll do the work."

Brendan F.C

Going by your first sentence, Coutinho wasn't wanted by a poor Inter side. The most one eyed argument I've seen on here. Laughable. They are 2 different players. Both are class on their day, with Mata being more consistent, but Courinho has a few years to catch up.

What are you on about different players??? They are both tought of as "creative number 10's!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are not talking a target striker and a fox in the box here. We are talking pure creative talents. On that basis Coutinho is far the better player.

Coutinho was sold from Inter as they were still feeling the financial effects of Jose's plight on the team by having a lot of OLD over paid players on the books. Since he was 20 and not at his potential they had no choice but to sell. They had a very small squad the season he left.

As for consistency...................... You have seen Mata play yea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

BR found his voice again I see. Where was all this after the Carlisle game?

Nothing to get upset about if we are being honest. I find it funny though that after a brutal result you send out Gary Mc and after a good one you cant get him to shut up.

Brendan F.C

Considering people were giving Suarez sole credit for it, I say its fair game for him to make that claim

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

What are you on about different players??? They are both tought of as "creative number 10's!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are not talking a target striker and a fox in the box here. We are talking pure creative talents. On that basis Coutinho is far the better player.

Coutinho was sold from Inter as they were still feeling the financial effects of Jose's plight on the team by having a lot of OLD over paid players on the books. Since he was 20 and not at his potential they had no choice but to sell. They had a very small squad the season he left.

As for consistency...................... You have seen Mata play yea?

Mata is more a between the lines player, dropping between midfield and forward, putting in through balls or 1/2s. Coutinho is more a get the ball and drive forward to pick a pass or shoot. If you can't see the difference I can't help you

Rodgers statement:

If those people you refer to (LFC fans) thought he could do well, why would we be annoyed? That makes no sense. If we were sitting on 15+ points and a string of positive performances, rather than a continuation of last year's poor form, I know I'd be delighted with him and for him.

NukaCola wrote: »
    BR found his voice again I see. Where was all this after the Carlisle game?

Nothing to get upset about if we are being honest. I find it funny though that after a brutal result you send out Gary Mc and after a good one you cant get him to shut up.

By that logic he would have sent Gary Mc out for the pre match aswell??

The players are clearly behind him and showed it on the pitch. He has pipped up and went to shut up people who are lying about how bad he is doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

The players are clearly behind him and showed it on the pitch. He has pipped up and went to shut up people who are lying about how bad he is doing.

The fans?

He has pipped up and went to shut up people who are lying about how bad he is doing.

"Lying"??? Really?

Mata is more a between the lines player, dropping between midfield and forward, putting in through balls or 1/2s. Coutinho is more a get the ball and drive forward to pick a pass or shoot. If you can't see the difference I can't help you

You mean the way Coutinho has played (when at his best)????

Seriously you are talking like you have never watched him play. Coutinhos best play has been quick one twos and runs into the box which is what Mata "best attribute" is.

They are very similar players but Mata is more one dimensional.

They both play between the midfield and striker. They both like to get forward into the box using one twos. Coutinho is more willing to take on a shot from the edge of the area but his quick one two and run into the box are what he does best. This season however to his detriment Coutinho has looked to shoot more from long range. I personally think he is trying to fill to role of "Mr Liverpool" by trying to be our star man, when we just need him to keep doing what he was doing before which is create goals for others.
    If those people you refer to (LFC fans) thought he could do well, why would we be annoyed? That makes no sense. If we were sitting on 15+ points and a string of positive performances, rather than a continuation of last year's poor form, I know I'd be delighted with him and for him.

You may be delighted but there is an element that get a sick satisfaction of us (more-so managers they dont like) losing. We had people on here claiming they hoped we would lose and came across as Liverpool fans. So my statement carries water mate.

• Advertisement

You mean the way Coutinho has played (when at his best)????

Seriously you are talking like you have never watched him play. Coutinhos best play has been quick one twos and runs into the box which is what Mata "best attribute" is.

They are very similar players but Mata is more one dimensional.

They both play between the midfield and striker. They both like to get forward into the box using one twos. Coutinho is more willing to take on a shot from the edge of the area but his quick one two and run into the box are what he does best. This season however to his detriment Coutinho has looked to shoot more from long range. I personally think he is trying to fill to role of "Mr Liverpool" by trying to be our star man, when we just need him to keep doing what he was doing before which is create goals for others.

You may be delighted but there is an element that get a sick satisfaction of us (more-so managers they dont like) losing. We had people on here claiming they hoped we would lose and came across as Liverpool fans. So my statement carries water mate.

Sorry, pretty much nothing you say holds so much as a molecule of H2O after your "lying" faeces.

"Lying"??? Really?

Statements like:

"We are closer to relegation than CL" - prior to Villa game even though we were 4 off 4th and 5 off 17th

"we will never go close to winning anything with Brendan" - We have!

Just a couple of statements made in here last week.

Yes a lot of sh1t talk going on lately about Brendan. I mean ffs if we had the same start as Chelsea I would understand but he is right when he says City, Chelsea and Arsenal have all lost more games this season (in all comps) than we have, yet the pitch forks are out for Rodgers.

A certain element are p1ssed he didnt get the chop last season and instead of giving him a chance they are on his back after a couple of bad results. Bad performances happen at the start of every season. Wins come before form every year to every club.

Sorry, pretty much nothing you say holds so much as a molecule of H2O after your "lying" faeces.

So noone on here for example has lied or tried to manipulate the truth about the state of Liverpool right now?? Cmon mate take the head out of the sand.

Personally I think he can do well and whatever he says to the media rarely annoys me, the latest quotes are class imo, fair play to him.

Roll on EL Thursday & the derby Sunday.

I can totally understand how folks feel differently though, personally I never warmed to Houllier.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭S. Goodspeed

Regarding Brendan's quotes there, i think its hard not to see them as a dig at the current squad (whether he consciously meant that or not I don't know). He really is playing the victim with a lot of it though. He is the second longest serving manager in the PL and he hasn't performed in 18 months (or put differently, he has only performed for one season out of 3 +), can he really expect there NOT to be a campaign to get rid??

Losing Suarez - Not BR's fault
    Losing Gerrard from the team - Not BR's fault
    Losing Sturridge to injury - Not BR's fault

Not replacing Suaraz - BR's fault
    Losing Gerrard from the club - Probably BR's fault
    Not getting a replacement for an injury prone Sturridge before last season - BR's fault
    Making no improvements to the defence while at the club - BR's fault

• Advertisement

Augeo wrote: »
    Personally I think he can do well and whatever he says to the media rarely annoys me, the latest quotes are class imo, fair play to him.

Roll on EL Thursday & the derby Sunday.

I can totally understand how folks feel differently though, personally I never warmed to Houllier.

I completely agree

I get why people feel change is needed as there is a serious level of frustration lately. As I have said in many conversations here I also was close to being in the Rodgers-out camp. I think this weekend has kinda woken me up though.

Things are frustrating. But frustrating doesnt always mean things are bad. We are in a good spot and after 9 games we are in a position we all would have hoped for before the start of the season.

2 points off 4th, 5 off 1st.
    Next round of the League cup (home against Bournemouth, albeit a bad feeling the league game will come back to haunt us)
    An away point against the strongest (other) side in our group of the EL.

We have played Arsenal, United ans Stoke all away and we have played our bogey side in Villa. We have lost to Wets ham but every top side is losing to those f9ckers.

We could be in a really good place IF we can put a run together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Sometimes I can't believe what I'm reading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Coutinho isn't the player a lot of people think he is yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,954 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Coutinho and Mata are quite different players. Mata is at his best very high up the pitch, just off the striker. I think Coutinho's best position is actually as one of the two CMs in a diamond, where he can control the game more.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Rodgers takes sole credit for 2nd place finish, people freak out.

The same people who have no issue in completely disregarding Rodgers input on that season while saying it was solely down to Luis Suarez.

You couldn't make this up :)

Edit: I forgot to say sole credit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Can we please stop comparing Coutinho to Mata, or anyone else, for that matter.

I can only speak for myself, but my opinion of him is, first and foremost, based on performances, which have been unsatisfactory for some time. It's just interesting to note that, if you take Rodgers at his word, he doesn't judge himself on those same performances.

At his word he's judging himself on the fact that when he's had a group of players that he's satisfied with they came incredibly close to winning the league?

I'm not being a Rodgers defender here, I'm literally just pointing out that some people here are relentless when it comes to finding fault with what he says in press conferences. He's sitting in front of a group of journalists so they can get quotes to write articles. It's really not that big a deal.

I'm sure Rodgers knows last season and the performances this season haven't been good enough. Just because he doesn't come out and say we've played terribly to journalists doesn't mean he's not berating the players in the dressing room for such performances, and not analysing where he can do better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Rodgers takes credit for 2nd place finish, people freak out.

The same people who have no issue in completely disregarding Rodgers input on that season while saying it was solely down to Luis Suarez.

Well, those two sentences would actually be consistent with each other, though, wouldn't they?

Any irony would come about by people totally blaming him for results thus far this year, and refusing to give him from any credit for that 2nd place season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,954 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Rodgers takes credit for 2nd place finish, people freak out.

Well yeah that makes sense. There's nothing contradictory about those two situations.

Not getting a replacement for an injury prone Sturridge before last season - BR's fault

Do people really think Rodgers didn't try to replace Suarez or Sturridge?

Don't you think he knew we needed good strikers to fill the voids?
    Didn't Gerrard say in his book that when Rodgers came to him about Balotelli he stated it was a last resort and a gamble?

There's a transfer committee in place. Rodgers doesn't do the negotiating when it comes to transfers. He doesn't decide how much wages FSG are willing to pay or the transfer fees. Without us knowing exactly what happened when it came to trying to replace Suarez and Sturridge, how can you turn around and say it was his fault?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Been a bit of a mad weekend, so only catching up here now.

For my thoughts on the game, honestly, I think it was one of the best performances I have seen from us this season. Yes, the defence was a mess any we looked like could concede at anytime, but going forward, we looked about as fluid and cohesive as we have in months. Thought Sturridge was the player of the game with his pace, clever touches, great runs and clinical finishing. Both himself and Coutinho are by far the players with the most ability and intelligence that we have in the squad to play fast, one touch, counter attacking football. We desperately need another player in the front positions to be able to get onto the same wavelength as these two - it remains to be seen whether anyone can/will. Lucas had one of his best games for us in a awhile too and controlled the game. Having said that, I thought Villa really played into his hands by basically standing off him and allowing him to do as he willed. None of the teams we play in October are going to afford him that luxury. He wasn't mentioned much, but thought that Milner had his best game for us too. A lot of his work rate seems to get ignored, but on Saturday his sheer force of will and persistence was rewarded with a well taken goal.

Going forward, the next 3 league games were always going to be the decider in whether Rodgers stays or goes. Everton, Spurs and Southampton are teams we'd expect to be finishing in 6th, 7th and 8th just behind us - so a key barometer of whether we're exceeding or missing expectations will be our results against them. If we fail to win any of those three games, I'd expect Rodgers to get sacked. Four points or so, and we can probably continue to limp on with Rodgers.

Regarding Brendan's quotes there, i think its hard not to see them as a dig at the current squad (whether he consciously meant that or not I don't know). He really is playing the victim with a lot of it though. He is the second longest serving manager in the PL and he hasn't performed in 18 months (or put differently, he has only performed for one season out of 3 +), can he really expect there NOT to be a campaign to get rid??

This is another gripe. This is a lie that has started to become a "truth" around here.

Rodgers first season! Was that not him performing? Did he not do better than the previous manager?
    • He finished the season with 9 more points than the previous year.
    • He got rid of OLD/ Overpaid players who were happy to collect a wage and sit on the bench.
    • He lowered the average age of the squad
    • He gave more young lads a chance and Sterling thrived under him

Rodgers first season was a success considering the state of the team he took over. His second season was a great success which is the reason we underestimate what he did the first year here.
    Losing Suarez - Not BR's fault
    Losing Gerrard from the team - Not BR's fault
    Losing Sturridge to injury - Not BR's fault

Replacing Suarez??? We tried!!! We chased Sanchez all summer only for him to want to go to London, Ahem, I mean, er, Arsenal

Gerrard was offered a contract by the people handling contracts (not Rodgers) but the contract didnt guarantee he would be getting first team action. He seeked assurances and Rodgers told him he wouldnt pretend that his game time wouldnt have to be managed which is fair.

Sturridge arrived January 2012
    • First season he was here for 21 games (all comps) and played 17 of them (considering he spent the season at Chelsea "injured" (but he claims he wasnt and he just wasnt rated at Chelsea).
    • Second season he played 33 of our 43 games. Had an ankle sprain. But with squad rotation and not picked for the first League cup game thats a fair turn out.
    • Third season (last year) he played only 17 games and was playing through injury at that. Last year was his ONLY injury prone season in his entire career!

Before last year his only lenghty layoffs were a Malleolar injury when he was at City (he was 18) and he missed a month. He then had a virus which kept him out another 2 weeks.

He then had a "hamstring injury" at chelsea the season we bought him, but claims it was a twinge and was fit to play the following game but was not wanted at chelsea. Injury was an excuse used not to pick him.

That was the extent of Dannys "injury proneness"

You can see his inujuries here. But read carefully if you do as some injuries "overlap" therefore while it says he missed 9 games for a Torn Ankle Ligament, he also missed 9 games for a Sprained Ankle. These of course were the same injury and the same 9 games. Looks like he missed 18 games but actually missed 9.

http://www.transfermarkt.com/daniel-sturridge/verletzungen/spieler/47082

Sturridge being injury prone is a myth and as for Rodgers not bringing in cover.....................

Last season we had
    Sturridge, Mario, Lambert, Borini, Marko and Sterling, who could all play up top. If that wasnt "cover" I dont know what is. Albeit it wasnt good cover but noone could have seen Mario failing so bad.

The season prior Lambert outscored; Gerrard, RVP and Benteke.

Our biggest issue was we didnt test Sanchez's resolve enough, cash wise. That is on, whoever was negotiating and not Rodgers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Wow. We barely beat a horrendous Aston Villa side and all of a sudden Rodgers & his defenders try to re-write history and pretend there's no issue and we've had a decent start :rolleyes:

He'll be sacked soon enough, we play some decent teams over the next few weeks and quite simply, we're so poor that decent teams will beat us with relative ease more often than not.

Faulty logic maybe.

After the Carlisle game he didnt talk, I cant find a single quote until the pre match presser when things had somewhat blown over. After the Villa game its billy big balls again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

After the Villa game its billy big balls again.

This isn't a one off thing, he constantly does this and it nearly always ends up making him look like a tit

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Wow. We barely beat a horrendous Aston Villa side and all of a sudden Rodgers & his defenders try to re-write history and pretend there's no issue and we've had a decent start :Rolleyes:

He'll be sacked soon enough, we play some decent teams over the next few weeks and quite simply, we're so poor that decent teams will beat us with relative ease more often than not.

Sure we are 5 points off top.

Nevermind that we have a derby game coming up or we have to play Spurs/Southampton/Chelsea in the coming weeks. Everything is grand Al. Everything.

I know we haven't been playing well but thats going to change because of all the reasons. Stop being so critical of BR. Sure he's great.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Wow. We barely beat a horrendous Aston Villa side and all of a sudden Rodgers & his defenders try to re-write history and pretend there's no issue and we've had a decent start :Rolleyes:

Noone is re-writing history

Do you not think we havent played tough games already??

United and Arsenal both away

Stoke who are a good side who embarrassed us last year we have played away

Villa who are a bogey side we have also played

Do you not think we have played tough games so far???

Jebus West Ham have beaten ourselves, Arsenal and City all away
    Faulty logic maybe.

After the Carlisle game he didnt talk, I cant find a single quote until the pre match presser when things had somewhat blown over. After the Villa game its billy big balls again.

Its common when a team play poorly that the manager concentrates on trying to sort out the team instead of talking to the media. Maybe he was giving them a boll9king for all we know. What ever he did they picked up their game the weekend.

Sturridge being injury prone is a myth

That is an absolutely crazy statement.

That is an absolutely crazy statement.

Yet I have proven it :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Its common when a team play poorly that the manager concentrates on trying to sort out the team instead of talking to the media. Maybe he was giving them a boll9king for all we know. What ever he did they picked up their game the weekend.

I don't have a problem with anything he said. He does a lot of talking to the media, which suddenly stopped after a terrible display midweek. It was more an observation.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement