Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Mr.H wrote: »
    Yet I have proven it :rolleyes:

In your own head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Noone is re-writing history

Do you not think we havent played tough games already??

United and Arsenal both away

Stoke who are a good side who embarrassed us last year we have played away

Villa who are a bogey side we have also played

Do you not think we have played tough games so far???

We have played a couple of tough games. I'm not sure who is arguing that. I'm simply pointing out we've been ****e this season. Like piss poor.

Rodgers unwillingness to recognise that and eagerness to talk himself up again on the back of one semi-average performance sums up why he has to go. And why he will be gone soon enough.
    Its common when a team play poorly that the manager concentrates on trying to sort out the team instead of talking to the media. Maybe he was giving them a boll9king for all we know. What ever he did they picked up their game the weekend.

It's not common for a supposedly top PL team to struggle badly against a league 2 side and then for the manager to dodge the press, that's not common at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

NukaCola wrote: »
    In your own head.

Well I have the facts down mate. Show me I am wrong. I have no issue with you thinking any different. I am just saying that this whole "Sturridge is injury prone" stuff is blown way out of proportion and is often exaggerated.

He missed 6 weeks of football in 4 years before joining us and almost half that is due to a virus.................. which is not an injury

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

I thought Lucas and Sakho were the cure to all our defensive ills???
    Great to see Sturridge back and scoring but we're brittle as sh*te at the back.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Noone is re-writing history

Do you not think we havent played tough games already??

United and Arsenal both away

Stoke who are a good side who embarrassed us last year we have played away

Villa who are a bogey side we have also played

Do you not think we have played tough games so far???

Jebus West Ham have beaten ourselves, Arsenal and City all away

Its common when a team play poorly that the manager concentrates on trying to sort out the team instead of talking to the media. Maybe he was giving them a boll9king for all we know. What ever he did they picked up their game the weekend.

- We got 1 point from the games against Arsenal and Man U.
    - Stoke got their first win of the season at the weekend. Tough place to go for us historically, but this season they have been awful.
    - Villa are 3rd bottom, have won 1 game, played terribly on Saturday, yet we let them score twice against us.
    - West Ham have some great away results, yes, but they are not a great team. It can possibly be put down to a freak result, but we were so abysmally bad in that game it was almost funny.

I hope we are here in January with you and the other positive guys essentially giving us the big "I told you so" as we sit in 3rd, 3 points off top or something. I doubt it will be the case though.

I essentially don't care what Rodgers says to the media, but it does seem more often than not that he does himself no favours in this regard. If we continue to do well with Sturridge back then that's good, although it does beg the question of over-reliance on him. If we can only play 2 up top with him in the team then thatis a failure by him or the club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Well I have the facts down mate. Show me I am wrong. I have no issue with you thinking any different. I am just saying that this whole "Sturridge is injury prone" stuff is blown way out of proportion and is often exaggerated.

He missed 6 weeks of football in 4 years before joining us and almost half that is due to a virus.................. which is not an injury

sturridge-injury.jpg

Mr Alan wrote: »
    We have played a couple of tough games. I'm not sure who is arguing that. I'm simply pointing out we've been ****e this season. Like piss poor.

Rodgers unwillingness to recognise that and eagerness to talk himself up again on the back of one semi-average performance sums up why he has to go. And why he will be gone soon enough.

While our backline did look shaky and we switched off at times, we were far better than "semi-average"

Jose is having a "piss poor" season and noone thinks he should go? Its because we are 7 games in....................

Rodgers was given a chance in the summer. So give him an actual chance and not jump on him after a bad result.

The only sh1t result was against West ham and they beat City and Arsenal away also.

United away............. so what that we lost. That happens and shouldnt be the "sacking result".

Bad performances .......... its the start of the season everyone plays bad until Octoberish.

The league cup game................ 50 off shots against a team that were fighting for their lives in their champions league final. It happens. We still won.

If in January we are nowhere near 4th he will go.

He is safe until then
    It's not common for a supposedly top PL team to struggle badly against a league 2 side and then for the manager to dodge the press, that's not common at all.

Isnt it?? Fergie never did it? Rafa never did it? Jose? Wenger?

Boll9x mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    I thought Lucas and Sakho were the cure to all our defensive ills???
    Great to see Sturridge back and scoring but we're brittle as sh*te at the back.

I thought three CBs two wingbacks and a DM were meant to be the cure! Just goes to show that Rodgers tinkering by putting a midfielder in defence etc isn't addressing some basic issues of defending technique and strategies.

While our backline did look shaky and we switched off at times, we were far better than "semi-average"

Jose is having a "piss poor" season and noone thinks he should go? Its because we are 7 games in....................

Rodgers was given a chance in the summer. So give him an actual chance and not jump on him after a bad result.

The only sh1t result was against West ham and they beat City and Arsenal away also.

United away............. so what that we lost. That happens and shouldnt be the "sacking result".

Bad performances .......... its the start of the season everyone plays bad until Octoberish.

The league cup game................ 50 off shots against a team that were fighting for their lives in their champions league final. It happens. We still won.

If in January we are nowhere near 4th he will go.

He is safe until then

Isnt it?? Fergie never did it? Rafa never did it? Jose? Wenger?

Boll9x mate

Essentially, everything is rosey

:rolleyes:

God the sooner he is sacked so we don't have to put up with rubbish posts like the above, better for all concerned.

I suppose, I'd have to get your take on what you think injury prone is.

To me, a player missing 362 days of football and on average 20+ games a season in the last 3 years is injury prone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

sturridge-injury.jpg

I think the positive we can take from that info-graphic, is, sure he's injury prone but it only seems to affect his legs.
    Over 50% of his body for the majority of the time is fully 100% fit.

5starpool wrote: »
    - We got 1 point from the games against Arsenal and Man U.
    - Stoke got their first win of the season at the weekend. Tough place to go for us historically, but this season they have been awful.
    - Villa are 3rd bottom, have won 1 game, played terribly on Saturday, yet we let them score twice against us.
    - West Ham have some great away results, yes, but they are not a great team. It can possibly be put down to a freak result, but we were so abysmally bad in that game it was almost funny.

I hope we are here in January with you and the other positive guys essentially giving us the big "I told you so" as we sit in 3rd, 3 points off top or something. I doubt it will be the case though.

I essentially don't care what Rodgers says to the media, but it does seem more often than not that he does himself no favours in this regard. If we continue to do well with Sturridge back then that's good, although it does beg the question of over-reliance on him. If we can only play 2 up top with him in the team then thatis a failure by him or the club.

West ham are 3rd in the league and have played Liverpool Arsenal and City all away.

We have played tough games and at the start of the season we would have identified them as tough games. So regardless of form we are where we are and have these games done and dusted.
    sturridge-injury.jpg

Proves my point about exaggeration

His Hip/Tigh - lists
    Feb 2013 twice for instance. It was actually a groin strain that kept him out for one match.
    March 2013 - missed one match. He wasnt in the squad as he was rested along with few others for the game against Wigan. Wasnt injured. Played all through March.
    May 2013 - he played every game................

That image is not accurate at all and is one of the things that best proves my point

(that image was on a dail mail article that also exaggerated how Injury prone he was prior to liverpool)

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I think the positive we can take from that info-graphic, is, sure he's injury prone but it only seems to affect his legs.

If you exclude his legs he's the fittest player in the premier League.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

God the sooner he is sacked so we don't have to put up with rubbish posts like the above, better for all concerned.

How did you manage to get off such a high horse when we finished 2nd in the league? It must have been some fall from grace and I'm annoyed I wasn't around to see it.

OwaynOTT wrote: »

The image was taken from the dailymail and is completely wrong

I suppose, I'd have to get your take on what you think injury prone is.

To me, a player missing 362 days of football and on average 20+ games a season in the last 3 years is injury prone.

How many did he miss before he came to Liverpool??

He missed one full season last year and before that had the injuury record of any striker

Please you only post when we are playing bad. The quicker we get into form and you f9ck off into your hide away the better.

Everything I said in my post is true. I am not claiming everything is rosey. I am pointing out that we played some tough games (on paper) and they are done with now.

How did you manage to get off such a high horse when we finished 2nd in the league? It must have been some fall from grace and I'm annoyed I wasn't around to see it.

I got off it with ease - was delighted to be wrong

If I'm wrong, I'll say I'm wrong

I didn't think we could compete for anything with Rodgers at the helm. I was wrong and said as much. It transpired that a couple of world class players performing to a world class level could drag him along and nearly go the whole way

Let's see if you and your ilk will hold your hands up and admit yous were wrong when he's booted out on his arse and ends up managing the likes of West Brom for the remainder of his career

I didn't think we could compete for anything with Rodgers at the helm. I was wrong and said as much. It transpired that a couple of world class players performing to a world class level could drag him along and nearly go the whole way

Let's see if you and your ilk will hold your hands up and admit yous were wrong when he's booted out on his arse and ends up managing the likes of West Brom for the remainder of his career

No you wont, Youll disappear so noone can call you out on it

So we win - you're delighted
    We lose, manager is sacked - you're delighted.

That's a nice little scenario you've got going for yourself.

No you wont, Youll disappear so noone can call you out on it

He won't have to. Rodgers is starting to crack and will be sacked soon enough.

Rodgers aint going anywhere until at least the new year

• Advertisement

You said that last week, wasn't he meant to be sacked on Friday morning?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭dogbert27

This is another gripe. This is a lie that has started to become a "truth" around here.

Rodgers first season! Was that not him performing? Did he not do better than the previous manager?

Rodgers first season was a success considering the state of the team he took over.

What?!

He had the worst start to a Liverpool season since 1927.

The team he inherited had just got to an FA Cup final and won the league cup.

The team he inherited had beaten Arsenal in the league, Chelsea and Man City in the League Cup and Man United in the FA Cup. They could perform on their day.

Dalglish had us qualified for Europe.

Rodgers did better in the league by 3 wins but he got nowhere in the cups or Europe and didn't get us qualified for Europe.

How in the name of God is his first season considered a success?? :confused:

It was not a successful season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,932 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Please you only post when we are playing bad.

The quicker we get into form and you f9ck off into your hide away the better.

Well we have been playing badly for over a year now!

Wow so now you are telling posters not to post because you don't agree with them posting about how badly we are playing.

I guess I didn't see the notice that Boards.ie had changed to Boards.NorthKorea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I read elsewhere online

Fine margins :cool:
    wrote:

Whatever you think of Brendan, there are very fine lines that define how you are perceived.

For example, if Coutinho slots that chance against Norwich, or squares it and we score, we have 14 points and are in 3rd.

If one of those bar strikes or Cech’s mega save(s) don’t happen, we take 3 points at Arsenal and are top on 17.

Split second events – decision making, physical strikes of the ball, ref/lino calls, define outcomes.

Similarly, if Benteke’s goal v Stoke is called offside we draw and could be 2 points down (on 9), and also if Bournemouth’s goal is given we end up drawing that too and lose another 2….and are languishing on 7 points in 16th.

Small moments therefore being the difference between us being 1st and 16th. Small moments that – at the time they happen, on the pitch - the manager has no influence on. I know he influences other things, that’s not my point.

Btw we are 8th, halfway between 1st and 16th. Maybe it all does even up over the course of the season? Who knew!

dogbert27 wrote: »
    What?!

He had the worst start to a Liverpool season since 1927.

The team he inherited had just got to an FA Cup final and won the league cup.

The team he inherited had beaten Arsenal in the league, Chelsea and Man City in the League Cup and Man United in the FA Cup. They could perform on their day.

Dalglish had us qualified for Europe.

Rodgers did better in the league by 3 wins but he got nowhere in the cups or Europe and didn't get us qualified for Europe.

How in the name of God is his first season considered a success?? :confused:

It was not a successful season.

Dalglish qualified for europe through a cup

His league form was a joke. Rodgers inherited old players who were on huge wages. He reduced the average age by about 5 years.

We had 7 players over 28 at the club when Rodgers took over

As for Rodgers in Europe we topped our group.................... We lost on away goals.............

That was a huge improvement on the season before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

the rodgers is good, the rodgers is gr8

7f634e05888db8aaa23a62df0aa5d5a86705622a-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Fine margins

I read elsewhere online

You should know by know that we only deal in extremes here on the LFC train wreck thread ;)

How many did he miss before he came to Liverpool??

Why is that relevant? Is the last 3 years not a big enough time frame?

Well we have been playing badly for over a year now!

Wow so now you are telling posters not to post because you don't agree with them posting about how badly we are playing.

I guess I didn't see the notice that Boards.ie had changed to Boards.NorthKorea

Not telling him to not post. I just know he will disappear as usual when things arent bad enough for him for him to slate the team

• Advertisement

The image was taken from the dailymail and is completely wrong

Its correct if taken from here http://ie.soccerway.com/players/daniel-sturridge/5206/

Depends on where the data is coming from

Not telling him to not post. I just know he will disappear as usual when things arent bad enough for him for him to slate the team

All these claims have been proved false through the years about Mr.Alan.

The quicker we get into form and you f9ck off into your hide away the better.

Reads like that to me as you think MrAlan only posts when we are playing badly which is in fact a myth.

Why is that relevant? Is the last 3 years not a big enough time frame?

NO!

Injury prone is when a player picks up injuries very easily over the course of his/her career

He has picked up one really bad injury last season in his leg that led to other injuries in that leg while trying to recover.

One injury in his legs gave him one season of injuries.

Your ignoring the first year year and a half he was here and his career prior to Liverpool meaning that you just dont want to see any different.

If you cant have an open mind and actually look at the data I have provided then whats the point :rolleyes:

One season does not make a player injury prone.

Jack Wilshere picks up long term injuries all the time, he is injury prone. Owen picked up injuries that made him miss a few games at a time, he was injury prone.

Before Liverpool Danny missed 20 games "due to injury" in 7 years. And half of those he claims were Chelsea just making excuses not to pick him (because when he played he played well and he wasnt one of Chelsea's world class names)

But ignore that ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭mudstack

Rodgers was manager of the season the season before last.

If Suarez was the sole reason for our 2nd place finish the season before last then how come we finished 7th the season before that when Suarez scored 23 goals?

Last season was a disaster and set us back. We lost Suarez and Sturridge through injury. Gerard was only a shadow of his former self. They were our 3 best players the season before.

Rodgers was left with a choice between Balotelli and Eto to replace Suarez, he chose Balotelli.

The club has gone after top players but not one of the players City, Chelsea or Arsenal have signed would have come to Liverpool.
    We're buying players with potential to be top players, not players who are proven top class.

Lovren turned out to be a disaster when every man and his dog was hailing him as a great signing.

Lallana spent most of the season injured.

So it's gonna take time to recover from that.
    Warner has said that Rodgers was more involved in the signings this year.
    For me they all look good signings so far but they will take time to gel.

Personally I'm looking forward to seeing Benteke, Sturridge, Coutinho, Firmino, Henderson and Milner in the same team with Lallana, Ings, Origi and Ibe to come in.

The makings are there of a good team.
    Rodgers deserves at least the season to get it right.
    Bringing someone else in now and expecting miracles is folly.

Its correct if taken from here http://ie.soccerway.com/players/daniel-sturridge/5206/

Depends on where the data is coming from

Thats true it does depend

But here is some data that shows how many games he actually missed

http://www.transfermarkt.com/daniel-sturridge/verletzungen/spieler/47082

But again read carefully as some overlap

• Advertisement

Back to football.

Goalkeeper changes coming?

Vigouroux recalled from loan spell by Liverpool
    GOALKEEPER Lawrence Vigouroux has been recalled from his loan spell at Swindon Town by parent club Liverpool, according to reports.

Vigouroux started Town’s opening eight League One fixtures of the campaign but was dropped to the bench for Saturday’s 2-1 defeat at home to Colchester United because of a ‘disciplinary internal matter’ believed to be over a training issue.

http://www.gazetteandherald.co.uk/sport/swindontown/news/13788176.Vigouroux_recalled_from_loan_spell_by_Liverpool/

All these claims have been proved false through the years about Mr.Alan.
    Reads like that to me as you think MrAlan only posts when we are playing badly which is in fact a myth.

Yet now he has disappeared again when called on it

I have no issue with MrAlan and I have no problem with him even slating the manager.

But if I see something I dont agree with I am going to call him on it the same way I will call everyone else on it. If he doesnt agree with me he can call me on what he thinks I am talking BS about.

Like a few of you thinking I am full of sh1t about Sturridges injuries. I have no problem with that. Call me on things if you think I am wrong.

But I wont go hiding just because someone disagrees.

It just "feels like" MrAlan comes on here to say a few outlandish statements to get some wound up and then sits back to watch what happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

What are peoples opinion on Can ?

I don't think he is good enough yet for a side trying to challenge for top 4. His awarness of what is happening around him is poor ,although maybe that comes with more time on the pitch.
    What is his best postion ?
    What postion do Liverpool need him in ?

Does Rodgers need to play him more and have him learn the role on the pitch or drop him /loan him out ?
    Is pitch time as a CB or a FB harming or helping the lad ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Back to football.

Goalkeeper changes coming?

Vigouroux recalled from loan spell by Liverpool

http://www.gazetteandherald.co.uk/sport/swindontown/news/13788176.Vigouroux_recalled_from_loan_spell_by_Liverpool/
    Looks like Swindon just wanted rid of him.

NO!

I dont agree with you. Not in the slightest. Danny misses way too many games for LFC and thats all I care about.

As a Liverpool player he is injury prone. You are writing off last year like it was a one off and using data from seasons where he didn't play regularly to "prove" he hasn't injury issues.

He's had multiple muscle injuries and setbacks for us. To say that Daniel Sturridge is not injury prone at this moment in time is false.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I don't think he is good enough yet for a side trying to challenge for top 4. His awarness of what is happening around him is poor ,although maybe that comes with more time on the pitch.

Does Rodgers need to play him more and have him learn the role on the pitch or drop him /loan him out ?
    We are wrecking him by shunting him around into different positions if you ask me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,954 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

He's a CM. At the moment I wouldn't have him starting in the league when everyone is fit. He's a good player to have on the bench, he can change games when he comes on. I'd have him starting in the cups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

If we're playing 352, I'd far prefer Gomez in as the 3rd CB than Can, tbh.

He's fine when he's facing the play, but dreadful at defending from crosses. Both when the cross is from his side, or when he's at the back post defending the ball in. The latter in particular he's a nightmare at.

With Henderson out, we probably need Can to step up and become more disciplined in a midfield role anyway, as we lack that speed and mobility. He has a lot to learn though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Yet I have proven it :rolleyes:

Wow. We barely beat a horrendous Aston Villa side and all of a sudden Rodgers & his defenders try to re-write history and pretend there's no issue and we've had a decent start :rolleyes:

He'll be sacked soon enough, we play some decent teams over the next few weeks and quite simply, we're so poor that decent teams will beat us with relative ease more often than not.
    NO!

Injury prone is when a player picks up injuries very easily over the course of his/her career

He has picked up one really bad injury last season in his leg that led to other injuries in that leg while trying to recover.

One injury in his legs gave him one season of injuries.

Your ignoring the first year year and a half he was here and his career prior to Liverpool meaning that you just dont want to see any different.

If you cant have an open mind and actually look at the data I have provided then whats the point :rolleyes:

One season does not make a player injury prone.

Jack Wilshere picks up long term injuries all the time, he is injury prone. Owen picked up injuries that made him miss a few games at a time, he was injury prone.

Before Liverpool Danny missed 20 games "due to injury" in 7 years. And half of those he claims were Chelsea just making excuses not to pick him (because when he played he played well and he wasnt one of Chelsea's world class names)

But ignore that ;)

Two posters, one battle for supremacy in the emoticon wars. There will be blood.

mosstin wrote: »
    Two posters, one battle for supremacy in the emoticon wars. There will be blood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

It's more like 2 girls 1 cup around here at the minute, the thread is that hard to look at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,298 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Watching the Sunday Supplement and one journalist made a comment that really summed us up. Liverpool for the last decade sell at the top of the market and buy in the middle.

They also had a lot of good to say about Rodgers and didn't blame him entirely for the current troubles. They were very fair in their criticism and praise. Its not on Rodgers that he has had his best player sold every summer and having to integrate another 7 players into the squad. From January 13 to May 14 their was a clear progression and style to Liverpool's play, but for some reason he has abandoned his principles, the very principles that got him the job in the first place. Down to inexperience he has resulted to altering his philosophy but he isn't even sure how to project that style onto the pitch, resulting in the players looking like a bunch of strangers.

He is regarded an excellent coach, but his management of a large squad and input in transfers has left a lot to be desired.

I dont agree with you. Not in the slightest. Danny misses way too many games for LFC and thats all I care about.

As a Liverpool player he is injury prone. You are writing off last year like it was a one off and using data from seasons where he didn't play regularly to "prove" he hasn't injury issues.

He's had multiple muscle injuries and setbacks for us. To say that Daniel Sturridge is not injury prone at this moment in time is false.

Thats fine that we dont agree. Not the first time probably wont be the last :D

BUT I am just saying that before least season he wouldnt have been called "injury prone"

I just think that the one bad season in his whole career has wrongly labled him as "injury prone"

If he is injury prone he will keep breaking down. If not he will be able to play 30+ games a season (in all comps) for us. So I hope I am right that he isnt injury prone and that he does manage to play 30+ games a season for us. Missing the odd game I have no issue with but missing 20+ games a season would be dire and very much injury prone.

But I am sure we all hope he plays a great deal of games this season or until we get a replacement, whatever the case is

corwill wrote: »
    It's more like 2 girls 1 cup around here at the minute, the thread is that hard to look at.

I knew there was a weird taste in my mouth :D

Come back MrAlan. Lets let bygones be bygones. Its all just a bit of craic at the end of the day

rob316 wrote: »
    Watching the Sunday Supplement and one journalist made a comment that really summed us up. Liverpool for the last decade sell at the top of the market and buy in the middle.

They also had a lot of good to say about Rodgers and didn't blame him entirely for the current troubles. They were very fair in their criticism and praise. Its not on Rodgers that he has had his best player sold every summer and having to integrate another 7 players into the squad. From January 13 to May 14 their was a clear progression and style to Liverpool's play, but for some reason he has abandoned his principles, the very principles that got him the job in the first place. Down to inexperience he has resulted to altering his philosophy but he isn't even sure how to project that style onto the pitch, resulting in the players looking like a bunch of strangers.

He is regarded an excellent coach, but his management of a large squad and input in transfers has left a lot to be desired.

How is he an excellent coach when there hasn't been a single player bought in the last 2 years who has improved their form under Rodgers? In fact nearly every player has regressed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement