Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Alonso77 wrote: »
    I'd say Rodgers himself is amazed he is still in the job. Following the stoke disgrace he had the look of a guy who thought he was done. The presser following that game had an air of doom about it.

Again, following the Carlisle sludgefest, not showing up for the press and on Fri talking in a resigned tone about possibly not being at the club etc, there was that same air that the end was nigh.

He is still in charge, and all of a sudden talking himself up big time. Maybe he has been reassured from above or maybe it's the last sting of a dying wasp so to speak.

Interesting times ahead.

The only interesting thing is seeing so many Liverpool "supporters" become bitter about the manager being still in charge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Mr.H wrote: »
    The only interesting thing is seeing so many Liverpool "supporters" become bitter about the manager being still in charge

I ain't bitter, just speculating like everyone else on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Kids back in the 90's 00's supported Celtic as a second club because it was the Irish thing to do. Its boll9x.

Yeah, I'm sure you have a much more valid reason for supporting Liverpool than any random Irish person does for supporting Celtic. Having a go at people for not being tribalistic and purist enough for your liking is pathetic. It's literally none of your concern if people want to support two teams who play in different countries, in different leagues. Loads of the people on this thread follow LOI teams, too. Is that mad? I know you like having a pop at them too.

You're a very, very, very, very bad poster. Posting. You are bad at it. A bad thread contributor. Bad at this thread and the posting of posts therein. Please try to get better at the thread by not posting bad posts in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

So most of the fans are bitter and are not real 'supporters' because they want Rodgers out?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

So most of the fans are bitter and are not real 'supporters' because they want Rodgers out?

Do you know what the word "support" means?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Alonso77 wrote: »
    I'd say Rodgers himself is amazed he is still in the job. Following the stoke disgrace he had the look of a guy who thought he was done. The presser following that game had an air of doom about it.

Again, following the Carlisle sludgefest, not showing up for the press and on Fri talking in a resigned tone about possibly not being at the club etc, there was that same air that the end was nigh.

He is still in charge, and all of a sudden talking himself up big time. Maybe he has been reassured from above or maybe it's the last sting of a dying wasp so to speak.

Interesting times ahead.

Would you expect him to be triumphalist after a 6-1 defeat and doesn't he have every right to also fight his corner.

I don't know what people expect him to do when interviewed to be honest.

He hasn't given the lad a chance. He should be playing instead of Lovren or the makeshift defender Can. Playing him once and the dropping him for the next few games isn't giving him a chance.

Once?

Started first game against Stoke
    Started second game against Bournemouth

Everyone slated Rodgers for not playing Moreno

Started third game against Arsenal
    Started forth game against West Ham
    Started fifth game against Man Utd
    Started sixth game against Bordeaux

Benched for Norwich
    Benched for Carlisle
    Benched for Villa

So thats 6 games he has started and during a spell where everyone wants the manager sacked.

Now maybe you mean he deserves to be tried in the center and that I would agree. But Sakho Skrtel Lovren and Toure are all better options right now while we try to get consistency.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

murpho999 wrote: »
    Would you expect him to be triumphalist after a 6-1 defeat and doesn't he have every right to also fight his corner.

I don't know what people expect him to do when interviewed to be honest.

I don't expect anything from anyone, I am just expressing how I thought his demeanor betrayed possible insecurities about his position. Feel free to read into what I said to suit yourself. Tis all the one to me. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

So having an opinion on whether you think Rodgers is a good coach or not is 'making stuff up'?

i can't for the life of me accept that Rodgers is bad at everything.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm sure you have a much more valid reason for supporting Liverpool than any random Irish person does for supporting Celtic. Having a go at people for not being tribalistic and purist enough for your liking is pathetic. It's literally none of your concern if people want to support two teams who play in different countries, in different leagues. Loads of the people on this thread follow LOI teams, too. Is that mad? I know you like having a pop at them too.

You're a very, very, very, very bad poster. Posting. You are bad at it. A bad thread contributor. Bad at this thread and the posting of posts therein. Please try to get better at the thread by not posting bad posts in it.

WTF you on about bad poster?? Yea because my posts arent just mindless jerk fests like yours. Give over. At least I have an opinion and Im not afraid of people disagreeing with me.

As for the LOI stop lying. See this is more boll9x lying that goes on in here. Dont agree with the couple of circle jerkers and they make stuff up. I dont ever have a go at the LOI lads.

Getting onto me about having an opinion and then attacking my opinion. sad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,298 ✭✭✭✭rob316

So having an opinion on whether you think Rodgers is a good coach or not is 'making stuff up'?

Not at all but your criteria for whether he is a good coach is wrong. Totally ignoring the job he has done with the players he inherited and his 2 most successful buys. He deserves to be turfed out but give the man some bit of credit. It's ok ya know to want him out and say some redeeming things about him, you can still keep your I HATE RODGERS membership:pac:

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

You have said yourself you have criteria for when you think a manager should go. You have said here somewhere (can't be arsed to look it up) that if Rodgers is in position X by Christmas you think he should be sacked. I'm assuming you wanted Hodgson sacked before he actually was (perhaps not, but that's what an assumption does).

Does that mean that you aren't a supporter if at any point you think the club should change manager? Were you a supporter when you (probably) wanted Hodgson gone?

We know what supporter means, it means we want the best for the club. If you somehow think that it means we blindly follow everything to do with the club, players, manager, then it is you who are incorrect, once again, in your definitions. We support the club as an entity, not individuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Is Sahko still the second coming or have we realised that we hyped him to bits simply because Rodgers wasnt picking him and it was an easy way to have a go at the manager?

He's pretty average. Not terrible, but like all our defenders prone to mistakes, occasionally beaten too easily but capable of really decent performances.

The worst of this committee nonsense has been the failure to bring in a realiable cb. What should have been a comfortable win was once again undermined and jeopardised by weak defending. Can was simply awful for his goal. Lovren-esque. He is not a CB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Yet now he has disappeared again when called on it

Disappeared? It's a ****ing forum, I don't need to be actively posting 24/7. I had some real life stuff to look after, apologies for not seeking your permission to go offline.

I've posted here consistently for over a decade. Through highs, through lows, through awesomeness and through averageness.

If it seems like maybe over the last while I only post when we're doing poorly...maybe it's because we've been consistently doing poorly for pretty much 18 months?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Do you support Brendan Rodgers, or Liverpool, or Barcelona??

A little pathetic dont you think?

Just a lot of hot air no substance?

I literally explained why it was a bad post. You're gas. I bet you've already started to bash aimlessly away at the keyboard before you've even read this sentence. Still reading? What are you still reading for, this is valuable keyboard mashing time!

5starpool wrote: »
    You have said yourself you have criteria for when you think a manager should go. You have said here somewhere (can't be arsed to look it up) that if Rodgers is in position X by Christmas you think he should be sacked. I'm assuming you wanted Hodgson sacked before he actually was (perhaps not, but that's what an assumption does).

Does that mean that you aren't a supporter if at any point you think the club should change manager? Were you a supporter when you (probably) wanted Hodgson gone?

We know what supporter means, it means we want the best for the club. If you somehow think that it means we blindly follow everything to do with the club, players, manager, then it is you who are incorrect, once again, in your definitions. We support the club as an entity, not individuals.

Do you think that if we're in the same situation I'll be calling Rodgers a scumbag and completely defiling everything he has done at the club?

No, I will say his time is up and be thankful for the work he has done. And until that day comes I will still be supportive of him.

I won't be foaming at the lips in anticipation of a bad result so it means he will be sacked. Right up until the end the man will have my support in the hope he can turn it around.

Is that OK for you and the rest of the thread?

Do you support Brendan Rodgers, or Liverpool, or Barcelona??

Celtic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Thread's going all

Marvel_Civil_War_cover.jpg.CROP.promovar-mediumlarge.jpg

Only a matter of time before someone does what needs to be done.

You're talking about me, aren't you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,954 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Is Sahko still the second coming or have we realised that we hyped him to bits simply because Rodgers wasnt picking him and it was an easy way to have a go at the manager?

He's pretty average. Not terrible, but like all our defenders prone to mistakes, occasionally beaten too easily but capable of really decent performances.

The worst of this committee nonsense has been the failure to bring in a realiable cb. What should have been a comfortable win was once again undermined and jeopardised by weak defending. Can was simply awful for his goal. Lovren-esque. He is not a CB.

He's hardly put a foot wrong since his introduction back into the team. Sakho is a really good player, one of the better CBs in the league. The team has never been coached well defensively but bar a few misplaced passes and poor touches he's been a very good player for us. I'm happy to have him in the starting line up for years to come.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Do you think that if we're in the same situation I'll be calling Rodgers a scumbag and completely defiling everything he has done at the club?

No, I will say his time is up and be thankful for the work he has done. And until that day comes I will still be supportive of him.

I won't be foaming at the lips in anticipation of a bad result so it means he will be sacked. Right up until the end the man will have my support in the hope he can turn it around.

Is that OK for you and the rest of the thread?

Very few people are doing this. The implication that Tipsy was replying to implied lots of us were not real supporters by the use of the words "so many" and double quotes around the word supporters. Most of us who think that it is time for a managerial change have not come to this conclusion lightly, and the implication by Mr H that we are less worthy supporters is an insult to us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Ok folks, it's been getting ridiculous.

Cut out the sniping, sly digs, betting, goading, etc. It's honestly not funny and it's not cool.

We're never all going to get along all the time. We're not going to agree all the time. But we can be civil. We can disagree, debate, argue and such without all the shíte.

This bollocks stops now, or people are going to get punished.

And it's not all one person, before many of you start pointing the finger.

Stop the penis measuring, and get on with posting normally.

I fancy us to draw with Everton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

7 inches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

He's hardly put a foot wrong since his introduction back into the team. Sakho is a really good player, one of the better CBs in the league. The team has never been coached well defensively but bar a few misplaced passes and poor touches he's been a very good player for us. I'm happy to have him in the starting line up for years to come.

I'm happy he's there too but Saturday wasn't a good game for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

thread truly symbolizes the plight of lfc the last quarter of a century, infighting,up n coming members,old members stirring the pot after being bitter for years,new members thinking they know it all,solid team players...

and of course the useless ones who get suspended a lot due to too many yellow cards

:P

5starpool wrote: »
    Very few people are doing this. The implication that Tipsy was replying to implied lots of us were not real supporters by the use of the words "so many" and double quotes around the word supporters. Most of us who think that it is time for a managerial change have not come to this conclusion lightly, and the implication by Mr H that we are less worthy supporters is an insult to us.

Not trying to imply you are less worthy a supporter. I just said "supporters" trying to justify why some of us look like we are blindly backing the Rodg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

mosstin wrote: »
    7 inches.

Liar more lies :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

brevity wrote: »

Would rather play two proper strikers and have Firmino behind them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

He hasn't given the lad a chance. He should be playing instead of Lovren or the makeshift defender Can. Playing him once and the dropping him for the next few games isn't giving him a chance.

He played 5 or 6 games, not once, that's called giving him a chance.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

magma69 wrote: »

That is a stat that wouldn't exactly fill you with confidence going into the derby at the weekend. Rodgers is playing a risky game with some of the quotes he came out with at the weekend hyping himself up, I'd imagine if we lost to Everton there will be a huge backlash, especially if the performance is poor.

Rodgers go at his critics are from somebody who knows he may be gone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Would rather play two proper strikers and have Firmino behind them.

Apparently that won't get the best out of him - play him off Benteke with Coutinho behind them.

If Sturridge gets injured, I'd be interested to see how that (Benteke & Firmino) would work.

• Advertisement

To me this is our best lineup:

D5qNCMm.jpg

Benteke for Ings possibly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

NukaCola wrote: »
    BR found his voice again I see. Where was all this after the Carlisle game?

Nothing to get upset about if we are being honest. I find it funny though that after a brutal result you send out Gary Mc and after a good one you cant get him to shut up.

We will likely go and lose out next match now. Happens virtually every time.

If the owners don't sack him, then fair enough. Can only back him and hope that results become a lot more consistent.

Just wish he would keep his mouth shut after a win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

To me this is our best lineup:

D5qNCMm.jpg

Benteke for Ings possibly.

32 million very hard to leave him out.

One of the better CBs in the league is wishful nonsense frankly.

Thanks for being frank.

If you're going to reply to my post why not give an argument rather than just saying it's "nonsense". Adds nothing to the thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

You don't half spout some inaccurate sh1t Tipsy :rolleyes:
    Drunk again :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

The league is pretty short on quality CBs in fairness.

niallo27 wrote: »
    32 million very hard to leave him out.

Really I'm happy to see either of them, just put Ings in because he's doing well at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

It's hard to get mad at that.

Thanks for being frank.

If you're going to reply to my post why not give an argument rather than just saying it's "nonsense". Adds nothing to the thread.

Frankly, watch the games. He really should have got up to that ball for the 2nd goal, his distribution is good but he is gung ho in defence, he is not a great communicator or organiser and frankly, really really frankly, I can only think that someone who believes he is amongst the best in the league has an axe to grind and not capable of being remotely objective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

magma69 wrote: »

Why not March 17th 2014?

That really is a terrible record by any standard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Frankly, watch the games. He really should have got up to that ball for the 2nd goal, his distribution is good but he is gung ho in defence, he is not a great communicator or organiser and frankly, really really frankly, I can only think that someone who believes he is amongst the best in the league has an axe to grind and not capable of being remotely objective.

You think he should have won the header on Villa's second goal?

Gestede had a massive run on him, the cross was perfect and let's not forget Gestede has scored the most headed goals in England's top 4 leagues over the past 2 seasons. No CB in the league was stopping him from getting to that ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Can't stop laughing at that Vigouroux story hahahaha

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement