Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Another fair weather fan deserting the match thread at the first sniff of a ticket.

But but but I also support Shamrock Rovers!!!

Hehehe, doing a Mada

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

But but but I also support Shamrock Rovers!!!

Booo, down with Shams.

Just watching that Cruyff video again

Gomez--Skitles--Sakho

<--Lucas
    Can
    Moreno
    Milner

Ings--Sturridge--Coutinho

The back 3 are fine, Clyne is undroppable imo and so too Henderson when fit. That formation isn't the best use of our resources imo, Milner at the tip of a diamond midfield with Lucas as DM and 2 wingers would be a disaster I reckon.

Knex. wrote: »

Those on about boxing and MMA, this is even more true for them. You cannot let emotions take over in the ring......

To be fair I reckon people were alluding to the ability to keep going even when you are getting hammered and to stick it out, keep the defence up and jab, punch when you can rather than going all guns blazing in round 1 of a 10 round contest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Knowing what you're supposed to do in every playing scenario & being able to do it instinctively without hesitation win more matches than notions of heart and passion.

Unfortunately defensively we look unsure and hesitant....so maybe a bit more blood and thunder would make up for a few deficiencies back there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

RIP to the greatest legend this club has ever seen

shankly_1_1421x853.jpg

5starpool wrote: »
    Booo, down with Shams.

Only one real rovers, pal

;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Knowing what you're supposed to do in every playing scenario & being able to do it instinctively without hesitation win more matches than notions of heart and passion.

Unfortunately defensively we look unsure and hesitant....so maybe a bit more blood and thunder would make up for a few deficiencies back there.

This is where you really miss someone with the precision and detail oriented view, like Rafa.

It's no surprise that his Liverpool teams conceded half the number of goals - they all knew exactly what to do and when to do it. Not just the defenders, everyone.

I think Klopp brings this too...his teams are always very well disciplined and hardworking. Ancelotti's not so much. It's the main reason I think i'd actually prefer Klopp for us...Ancelotti maybe offers the players too much freedom. Fine if they're great players, but I'm not sure I trust our guys as much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Only one real rovers, pal

;-)

Melchester?

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    This is where you really miss someone with the precision and detail oriented view, like Rafa.

It's no surprise that his Liverpool teams conceded half the number of goals - they all knew exactly what to do and when to do it. Not just the defenders, everyone.

I think Klopp brings this too...his teams are always very well disciplined and hardworking. Ancelotti's not so much. It's the main reason I think i'd actually prefer Klopp for us...Ancelotti maybe offers the players too much freedom. Fine if they're great players, but I'm not sure I trust our guys as much.

He had some great players in defense too, Carragher, Sami, Mascherano out in front, Reina in goal...we have no one at the minute fit to lace their boots.

Melchester?
    :eek::eek::eek:
    :D200px-Shamrock_Rovers_FC_logo.svg.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

He had some great players in defense too, Carragher, Sami, Mascherano out in front, Reina in goal...we have no one at the minute fit to lace their boots.

Rafa knew the importance of a solid spine and always made that his priority and where he spent nearly all the money he was given.

Rodgers has signed Mignolet, Lovren and Joe Allen.

bur wrote: »
    Rafa knew the importance of a solid spine and always made that his priority and where he spent nearly all the money he was given.

Rodgers has signed Mignolet, Lovren and Joe Allen.

Aquilani?

Rafa didn't sign Carragher or Hyppia in fairness.

Anyway, this whole Rafa thing has me bored to tears. He is gone. He went at the right time imho. Some people feel otherwise. Fine. All the same he hasn't been the Liverpool manager since 2010, five years ago.

Be nice to look forward rather than constantly backwards, bickering about the past and going on about past glories. That's what people take the ´piss out of us about these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Bogdan, Toure, Ibe, Rossiter, Gomez, Origi, Allen, Lallana all likely to start on Thursday according to twitter.

We *may* win, but are these games essentially only being used as fodder to give players games? I have distaste for that approach, and no, doing this won't guarantee us a positive result on Sunday before anyone comes up with that old chestnut.

Seems to be the rugby world cup approach, try and keep everybody happy.

I've no problem with the squad and the young lads getting games tbh.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Knex. wrote: »
    Differentiating between the heart and the mind is bit bolloxy.

Its all about focusing the mind, not letting emotions get in the way, and staying calm and committed.

Those on about boxing and MMA, this is even more true for them. You cannot let emotions take over in the ring, or the cage, where the slightest mistake leads to you being on your face.

Bit more leeway in football, but you can be passionate and focused all the same.

Especially when giving it a bit of welly is more important.

K-9 wrote: »
    Seems to be the rugby world cup approach, try and keep everybody happy.

I've no problem with the squad and the young lads getting games tbh.

Again, will you care if we lose? There is a slightly bigger chance of us not beating Sion than of Ireland not beating Romania in rugby with the second string.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Again, will you care if we lose? There is a slightly bigger chance of us not beating Sion than of Ireland not beating Romania in rugby with the second string.

If we lose I fully expect 'The Rodgers' to throw Buford T under the bus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

#Buford T. Justice V out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Ideally a balance will be reached. There should be enough quality there to get a result and like Sakho and Moreno, a chance to get back in the first 11.

We've an expensive academy system and these games are great for young lads breaking into the set up, we've also a big squad now, something we've never really had. Not getting a result still doesn't mean its the wrong thing to do.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement

K-9 wrote: »
    Ideally a balance will be reached. There should be enough quality there to get a result and like Sakho and Moreno, a chance to get back in the first 11.

We've an expensive academy system and these games are great for young lads breaking into the set up, we've also a big squad now, something we've never really had. Not getting a result still doesn't mean its the wrong thing to do.

It's the downside of having 25+ senior players. Obviously everyone wants us to have strength in depth, but I don't want us to essentially punt a competition to give people the occasional game. If we can negotiate the group stages this way then great, but I'm not confident we can.

If we lose I fully expect 'The Rodgers' to throw Buford T under the bus.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQF5R1j5Tsy-UZZLTaFlyX7tqYRwM4Qg0h4sm2kc5PWHfmFBuYbdA
    I'm not that easy to kill.

#Buford T. Justice V out.
    ....of the country till Saturday morning, please call back then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

martyos121 wrote: »
    Exactly. Heart wins no matches in this sport, it only really counts in physical sports like rugby, boxing, MMA etc.

Heart gets you destroyed in football because you over-commit to challenges and leave yourself open. When a team makes an impressive comeback like Everton did last night, it has fcuk all to do with heart, and everything to do with a change of tactics. Leave the emotion at home and do the job you're being paid so handsomely for.

Needed to get that out of my system.

lol, I disagree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

RIP to the greatest legend this club has ever seen

shankly_1_1421x853.jpg

What's this about?

What's this about?

It's his anniversary today.

It's his anniversary today.

The broken image link probably doesn't help matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    lol, I disagree

Starting a post with 'lol' is bad posting. You should know better, you often tell others about their bad posting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Love Moreno :D

CQFQyn2WgAA6Qwz.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Ojo's just scored 2 goals in 3 minutes for Wolves against Fulham.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Sheyi Ojo on target for wolves tonight.

Ojo's just scored 2 goals in 3 minutes for Wolves against Fulham.

1st was actually deflected in by Le Fondre :mad:

Enrique did that on the training ground when he was blacklisted and was called every name under the sun by fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

1st was actually deflected in by Le Fondre :D

Ah, Livescore letting me down.

Ah, Livescore letting me down.

Radio 5 actually said he scored the 1st but corrected it when goal flash for the 2nd

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Enrique did that on the training ground when he was blacklisted and was called every name under the sun by fans.

I think you might be slightly exaggerating with every name under the sun, give us a few examples of the ones that really offended you?

Carlisle winning at Leyton Orient.
    So that means we are better than the O's

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :D

Liverpool are 8/15 to heat sion on Thursday, Ireland were about 1/80 to beat Romania, much more than a slightly bigger chance of us not beating them according to bookmakers who are rather decent at quantifying the chances of such things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

What's this about?

Died 34 years ago today.

b_Pts_NMI.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Its ok everyone is ****e.

Augeo wrote: »
    Liverpool are 8/15 to heat sion on Thursday, Ireland were about 1/80 to beat Romania, much more than a slightly bigger chance of us not beating them according to bookmakers who are rather decent at quantifying the chances of such things.

hqdefault.jpg
    iWKad22.jpg?fb

Sarcasm me arse kid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Moreno is starting to resemble a starting option again, it gives players a pass on things like high jinks in the park with their mutt. Not being a vain orange muscle-bound freak helps also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Wenger, Rodgers and Mourinho all under pressure.

If we pass up on Klopp and he heads to one of them, we're in a spot of bother. Unless Rodgers turns things around :)

Sarcasm me arse kid.

Kid? Who calls someone 'kid'?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

It's very much looking like our only hope of CL is winning the Europa league, both long and short term.

It's the only way it looks like England are going to hang on to their 4th CL spot.

At least Roma lost as well.

Died 34 years ago today.

b_Pts_NMI.jpg

Thanks. Yeah,I knew that but I couldn't see the picture in the original post.

a
    Kid? Who calls someone 'kid'?

Very popular in cork.
    Moreso than startrek memes on boards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

brevity wrote: »
    Wenger, Rodgers and Mourinho all under pressure.

What's the big difference between Rodgers & the two others?

a

Very popular in cork.
    Moreso than startrek memes on boards

Is it? I thought they said 'biy' in Cork?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement