Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Mr Alan wrote: »
    What's the big difference between Rodgers & the two others?

You don't take shots at them at every single opportunity?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

5starpool wrote: »
    It's the downside of having 25+ senior players. Obviously everyone wants us to have strength in depth, but I don't want us to essentially punt a competition to give people the occasional game. If we can negotiate the group stages this way then great, but I'm not confident we can.

Its hardly punting the competition now, that's a bit OTTish.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Mr Alan wrote: »
    What's the big difference between Rodgers & the two others?

At this moment in time there's probably more of a chance of Mourinho being sacked than Rodgers...you know what their owner is like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Gbear wrote: »
    It's very much looking like our only hope of CL is winning the Europa league, both long and short term.

It's the only way it looks like England are going to hang on to their 4th CL spot.

At least Roma lost as well.

I thought it was a case of England losing a place only if none of their teams make quarter-finals and the Italinas do?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

At this moment in time there's probably more of a chance of Mourinho being sacked than Rodgers...you know what their owner is like.

I think he'll be gone by Christmas. I can't wait to see what he says tonight and see what he does to deflect attention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,298 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Kid? Who calls someone 'kid'?

In cork we do kid. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

If only we still had Luis wed be making a mockery of the "greatest league in the world". Really is getting shown up on how overrated it has become

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I think he'll be gone by Christmas. I can't wait to see what he says tonight and see what he does to deflect attention.

Thought you were criticising Rodgers for a moment there, I was in shock :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

They're due a change at this stage.

Wenger punting the CL too apparently.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Augeo wrote: »
    a

Very popular in cork.
    rob316 wrote: »

You learn something new every day :)

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

K-9 wrote: »

It's far from unthinkable that with a second string team tomorrow we'll struggle to get a win, and then we go to Russia where we definitely won;t fly most of our first team. We might get through the group, but if we do it'll be by not trying as much as we should, and in the case that we don't it will have been because the person in charge decided not to care enough.

That'll constitute punting it to me anyhow. Im hoping we'll still have enough to get through against some fairly poor teams, but we need to improve on the performance in Bordeaux last week.

You learn something new every day :)
    Indeed :)
    It's far from unthinkable that with a second string team tomorrow we'll struggle to get a win, and then we go to Russia where we definitely won;t fly most of our first team. We might get through the group, but if we do it'll be by not trying as much as we should, and in the case that we don't it will have been because the person in charge decided not to care enough.

That'll constitute punting it to me anyhow. Im hoping we'll still have enough to get through against some fairly poor teams, but we need to improve on the performance in Bordeaux last week.

Sturridge will be on the bench I expect, no problem with origi getting a start. With firmino injured I reckon coutinho can't be risked, lallana can step in.

Lucas is beyond 3 games/week, good opportunity for rossiter, Allen is decent to he fair and needs games too.

Gomez isn't a worry.... Nor Ibe even if he isn't overly effective he's a handful.

Toure is the only worry in the rumoured 2nd string to come in but he brings experience to complement all the youth, this season we have a squad and we need to use it.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

My main worry is not that the players aren't good enough in most cases, but that they haven't played enough to play as well as they should. Also, if we go back to one up front again and if it's Origi, he will probably look horribly isolated again. I hope Ings plays anyhow as he seems to have the energy and legs for it and if we play 2 up top again as we should all along, we might be ok.

We'll find out on Thursday anyhow I guess. He might only change a few places to negate my worries somewhat, but I expect 6-7 anyhow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

***Luis Suarez Nostalgia Alert***

Earlier Barca were 0-1 down to Bayer Leverkusen who scored with a Papadopoulos goal in the 22nd minute. The rest of the half and much of the 2nd half saw Barca get kept at bay by inspirational goalkeeping by Leno who made a string of top class saves. It went on and on till the 80th minute sees the game still perched at 0-1 until a scramble in the box sees Barca player Sergei poke home the equaliser from 1 yard out. Suarez was standing at the far edge of the six yard box as the ball crossed the line, almost 10 yards from where the goal was scored. Luis immediately sees red and bolts on a sprint into the back of the net to get that fcukin ball back up to midfield. In doing so his determination to win the game was such that he beats the much closer Sergei into the back of the net to pick up the ball.

Suarez plants the ball on the centre spot and the game moves on. Two minutes later Luis rockets a bullet of a shot into the top corner of the net and its 2-1 to Barca, game over, turned on its head.

God I miss Luis, he can chew my face anytime he likes

***Nostalgia Alert is now over***

But someone please tell me we have a few extras above his £65m fee???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

K-9 wrote: »

No it's not, I'd give it a bit of welly, kid/gurl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

rob316 wrote: »

Limerick aswell kid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

In fact its probably more of a limerick thing than a cork thing even.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Muahahaha wrote: »
    ***Luis Suarez Nostalgia Alert***

Earlier Barca were 0-1 down to Bayer Leverkusen who scored with a Papadopoulos goal in the 22nd minute. The rest of the half and much of the 2nd half saw Barca get kept at bay by inspirational goalkeeping by Leno who made a string of top class saves. It went on and on till the 80th minute sees the game still perched at 0-1 until a scramble in the box sees Barca player Sergei poke home the equaliser from 1 yard out. Suarez was standing at the far edge of the six yard box as the ball crossed the line, almost 10 yards from where the goal was scored. Luis immediately sees red and bolts on a sprint into the back of the net to get that fcukin ball back up to midfield. In doing so his determination to win the game was such that he beats the much closer Sergei into the back of the net to pick up the ball.

Suarez plants the ball on the centre spot and the game moves on. Two minutes later Luis rockets a bullet of a shot into the top corner of the net and its 2-1 to Barca, game over, turned on its head.

Nostalgia... Papa... Leno.

Kess? Is that you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Aquilani?

Aquilani is a poor argument given that we were restricted to doing transfers with teams who owed us money.
    Rafa didn't sign Carragher or Hyppia in fairness.

He didn't sign them but he did make Carragher a centre back who under Houllier was being used as a utility full back
    Anyway, this whole Rafa thing has me bored to tears. He is gone. He went at the right time imho. Some people feel otherwise. Fine. All the same he hasn't been the Liverpool manager since 2010, five years ago.

I think a lot of Rafa supporters were of the frame of mind that a change was needed but the fear was who he would be replaced with. There was an opportunity at the time to get Pelligrini but as usual with Chritian Purslow and the owners of the time they went with Roy Hodgson.

Be nice to look forward rather than constantly backwards, bickering about the past and going on about past glories. That's what people take the ´piss out of us about these days.

It would be nice to look forward but the reservations of the current manager is that he is now being doubted to take the club further. Therefore when things are not going well people will always look back to previous managers for comparison.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

dogbert27 wrote: »
    I think a lot of Rafa supporters were of the frame of mind that a change was needed.

Yeah but a change of ownership, not manager.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Yeah but a change of ownership, not manager.

But unfortunately that wasn't going to be the case in the summer of 2010 and it looked like the struggle Rafa was having at the time with the owners was affecting what was happening on the pitch.

I would have loved him to stay on and see how he worked with FSG. I think he would have got a lot more from the 300 million spent to date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

But unfortunately that wasn't going to be the case in the summer of 2010 and it looked like the struggle Rafa was having at the time with the owners was affecting what was happening on the pitch.

I would have loved him to stay on and see how he worked with FSG. I think he would have got a lot more from the 300 million spent to date.

I've thought about that alright, how Rafa would have worked with FSG. I think he'd have got more for the money they spent.

monkey9 wrote: »
    I've thought about that alright, how Rafa would have worked with FSG. I think he'd have got more for the money they spent.

He might have convinced Torres to stay that January too and we would have ended up with Torres and Suarez instead of Andy Carroll!

My main worry is not that the players aren't good enough in most cases, but that they haven't played enough to play as well as they should. Also, if we go back to one up front again and if it's Origi, he will probably look horribly isolated again. I hope Ings plays anyhow as he seems to have the energy and legs for it and if we play 2 up top again as we should all along, we might be ok........

I'm actually a tad concerned with our dwindling options due to injury, with Benrteke out short term and Sturridge just back coupled with Ferminio's back injury (an apparent 2nd striker option) and games coming thick and fast Origi needs to show something, do/can we risk Ings 3 times/week? He's very much 100% go sort of chap to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ojo's goal from last night.

http://gfycat.com/BestThriftyDromaeosaur

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

He might have convinced Torres to stay that January too and we would have ended up with Torres and Suarez instead of Andy Carroll!

Selling Torres when we did is one of the best transfers we have ever been involved in. He was finished.

Selling Torres when we did is one of the best transfers we have ever been involved in. He was finished.

He scored 4 goals for us in January. There was hope he was re-discovering form under new ownership and manager.

Chelsea didn't utilise him properly and he lost confidence.

He did go on however to win the Champions League, FA Cup and Europa Cup with them.

He also scored in the Euro 2012 final.

At Liverpool everything was there for him to be a great player although I don't know how many trophies he would have ended up with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

He scored 4 goals for us in January. There was hope he was re-discovering form under new ownership and manager.

Chelsea didn't utilise him properly and he lost confidence.

He did go on however to win the Champions League, FA Cup and Europa Cup with them.

He also scored in the Euro 2012 final.

At Liverpool everything was there for him to be a great player although I don't know how many trophies he would have ended up with.

Apart from about a 2.5 year period at Liverpool where he was unplayable, Torres has flattered to deceive for a lot of his career. It looks increasingly like Rafa had the perfect system to get the best out of Torres with Gerrard behind him. Once Torres started to slow, it became more obvious that technically he was below par.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Ojo's goal from last night.

http://gfycat.com/BestThriftyDromaeosaur

While he is a bit in and out, the goals and chances he creates have been pretty good quality so far.

Swindon Town have taken Larry "doesn't give a tuppence" Vigouroux back, just common sense really.

..... Once Torres started to slow, it became more obvious that technically he was below par.

He was/is definitely less effective anyway.
    Conversely I reckon Sturridge has all the requirements to be a very successful striker when he slows a tad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

He was/is definitely less effective anyway.
    Conversely I reckon Sturridge has all the requirements to be a very successful striker when he slows a tad.

I'd have to disagree with that tbh. Sturridge relies on bursting past defenders with his pace, combined with his excellent finishing. His dribbling or passing isn't quite good enough to cope without pace. Great long-range shots though, it's one other thing he has going for him.

martyos121 wrote: »
    .... His dribbling or passing isn't quite good enough to cope without pace. ....

The joys of opinion, I'm amazed to read that tbh, there is a difference between utilising pace & being reliant on it of course :)

The joys of opinion, I'm amazed to read that tbh, there is a difference between utilising pace & being reliant on it of course :)

Yeah fair enough, but I just don't think he'd be called a top striker without his pace, whereas he most certainly is with it. Never said he was reliant on it, but his goal tally would be significantly lower if he wasn't so quick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Everton 3 - Liverpool 4.
    Sturridge (2) Ings, Ibe

Fifa said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Grayditch wrote: »
    Everton 3 - Liverpool 4.
    Sturridge (2) Ings, Ibe

Fifa said.

Ibe scoring !
    I would love love love to see it but his current form he could not hit sand if he fell of a camel !

It was a worldie, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

martyos121 wrote: »
    I'd have to disagree with that tbh. Sturridge relies on bursting past defenders with his pace, combined with his excellent finishing. His dribbling or passing isn't quite good enough to cope without pace. Great long-range shots though, it's one other thing he has going for him.

I would have said Sturridge is incredibly technically proficient when it comes to passing and dribbling. He does have issues about actually releasing the ball but I always thought he was a great passer of it, I often remember him dropping deep and spraying it out wide with ease.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

She's gas.

Linda knows when Klopp's birthday is, he's on his way to Anfield!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

She's no Hulk Hogan when it comes to shout outs.

I don't get it - he is called Conner Wilson LFC, not Klopp BVB

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Two minutes later Luis rockets a bullet of a shot into the top corner of the net and its 2-1 to Barca, game over, turned on its head.

It was exactly what you need when a team is underperforming and need something special to get the job done. Fantastic strike...

I don't get it - he is called Conner Wilson LFC, not Klopp BVB

Sorry Harry forgot you are on the default skin, basically a guy tweeted a picture of Klopp to Linda saying it was his Grandad & asking her to wish him a happy birthday day.

Linda, wise to his ruse, knows that Klopps birthday is in June...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

She didn't fall for the Ancelotti one last week either.

Might chance the same thing with Simeone later, see if she really knows her stuff.

She's using reverse image look up like crazy.

That's why you should only ever send screenshots of photos rather than the originals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Like she did when finding a husband!

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/LFCZA/status/649191264865419264

Oliver Kay: (On why FSG won't go for #Klopp "FSG do seem a little worried about appointing a forceful personality" #LFC

https://twitter.com/LFCZA/status/649191525730152449

Kay: "Rodgers is a forceful personality too, though -- perhaps a little too forceful for FSG. I'm probably saying they want a yes man" #LFC

https://twitter.com/LFCZA/status/649191797080649728

Kay: "Anyway, as things stand, I believe FSG's intention, for now, is to give Rodgers the time to prove himself," #Rodgers #LFC

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement