Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

brevity wrote: »

Kay: "Anyway, as things stand, I believe FSG's intention, for now, is to give Rodgers the time to prove himself," #Rodgers #LFC

A lot of ass covering lingo in use there.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Being a journalist is a lot like being a psychic it seems. Vague statements that could cover a multitude of outcomes when referred to later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Blatter wrote: »
    A lot of ass covering lingo in use there.

Oh yes, he knows **** all IMO, but he's probably guessed right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

The forceful personality thing seems like a load of crap. You don't manage in the top tier of sports without a forceful personality, full stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Michael Ball column in the Echo saying that not one of Liverpool's players would get in The Ev's team; so I thought I'd do a combined 11 to get some heads falling off and to get a discussion going.

wjym43.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

5starpool wrote: »
    Being a journalist is a lot like being a psychic it seems. Vague statements that could cover a multitude of outcomes when referred to later.

Would they not be better off using a load of questions to avoid committing to anything?

Naismith? Gway ya bollocks.

This post reminded me of Clinton Baptiste.

Best 2:57 you'll ever watch! Phoenix Nights was such a quality show.

Knex. wrote: »
    Naismith? Gway ya bollocks.

Love him as a player and would genuinely have him in the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

This post reminded me of Clinton Baptiste.

Best 2:57 you'll ever watch! Phoenix Nights was such a quality show.

The bit in bold is soooooo far off the mark! :mad:

• Advertisement

mormank wrote: »
    The bit in bold is soooooo far off the mark! :mad:

Not quite as bad as his Naismith assessment though, lets be fair.

You're nuts, Hangball!

Knex. wrote: »
    Not quite as bad as his Naismith assessment though, lets be fair.

You're nuts, Hangball!

Ha, true. It's a toss up which assessment is worse! I've never seen pheonix nights but heard good things, however if that is the best 3 minutes of it i'll stay well away from it, plus feel some obligation to show him what something actually funny looks like....but I'm too lazy/tired right now :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

Howard

Coleman Stones Sakho Baines

Lucas
    Henderson Barkley
    Coutinho

Lukaku Sturridge

Midfield Diamond

Ha, true. It's a toss up which assessment is worse! I've never seen pheonix nights but heard good things, however if that is the best 3 minutes of it i'll stay well away from it, plus feel some obligation to show him what something actually funny looks like....but I'm too lazy/tired right now :o

You'll end up posting some ****e like Michael macintyre or some Bollix like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Phoenix nights is class, that clip is not a reflection of what the show is like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Phoenix Nights was absolutely brilliant!!!
    That Clinton Baptiste episode was magic, Keith Laird and his dog fiddling :D

This video is also 3 minutes long :P

Howard

Coleman Stones Sakho Baines

Lucas
    Henderson Barkley
    Coutinho

Lukaku Sturridge

Midfield Diamond

Where's Naismith?

You'll end up posting some ****e like Michael macintyre or some Bollix like that.

Haha, close ^^^^^^^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Can we all stop saying Naismith?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

Where's Naismith?

Who?

This video is also 3 minutes long :P

He's poxy pal.

Phoenix nights is class, that clip is not a reflection of what the show is like.
    kfallon wrote: »
    Phoenix Nights was absolutely brilliant!!!
    That Clinton Baptiste episode was magic, Keith Laird and his dog fiddling :D

Am downloading it as I type!

You still mad hun cos I stole your name?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Xabi at Octoberfest
    You lucky bastard :D

490649370-xabi-alonso-of-fc-bayern-muenchen-and-his-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=X7WJLa88Cweo9HktRLaNXn3utCSN2PBHEWrxDkK04db2QpGsGOARPxw79G4DxBSrmX%2b0%2bg8lyqBz3GAYbMM9PQ%3d%3d

Am downloading it as I type!

Pretty sure they are all on YouTUbe!

Kenny Dalglish Snr :D

Xabi you lucky bastard :D

A lovely pair.

Just goes to show how much Xabi meant to me, I'd rather bang him than his missus.......

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Xabi at Octoberfest
    You lucky bastard bitch :D

490649370-xabi-alonso-of-fc-bayern-muenchen-and-his-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=X7WJLa88Cweo9HktRLaNXn3utCSN2PBHEWrxDkK04db2QpGsGOARPxw79G4DxBSrmX%2b0%2bg8lyqBz3GAYbMM9PQ%3d%3d

FYP

Cheers, I actually couldn't find a download for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

You still mad hun cos I stole your name?

I was endorsing your opinion on Phoenix Nights, just stating that watching that clip ice cold would not give you any idea what the show is actually like, the clip is funny btw just maybe not for someone who has seen none of the show.

P.s stop with the dickish comments, cheers pal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Well he could hardly say hands off Sturridge with any great conviction. Hopefully the Owl will look to Kane and Rooney as his paring for now. As for EL, again no shocks really the team almost picks itself when you rule out the injured and the "dare not break".

Boggers
    Gomez--Skrtel-Toure--Enrique
    Can-Allen-Rossiter
    ---Ibe
    Origi----Lallana

sort of thing

"Nearly broke her back." haha what a character.

I was endorsing your opinion on Phoenix Nights, just stating that watching that clip ice cold would not give you any idea what the show is actually like, the clip is funny btw just maybe not for someone who has seen none of the show.

P.s stop with the dickish comments, cheers pal.

Fair enough, I thought you were having a jab. I'll hold my hands up; soz about that.

• Advertisement

Well he could hardly say hands off Sturridge with any great conviction. Hopefully the Owl will look to Kane and Rooney as his paring for now. As for EL, again no shocks really the team almost picks itself when you rule out the injured and the "dare not break".

Boggers
    Gomez--Skrtel-Toure--Enrique
    Can-Allen-Rossiter
    ---Ibe
    Origi----Lallana

sort of thing

what annoys me about his comments though is that it seems to suggest he is taking the League Cup more serious than the EL, which is madness IMO considering the prize at the end.

Good article on the EL and how Rodgers needs to pay more attention to it...

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2015/09/liverpool-rodgers-needs-a-continental-tilt/

Fair enough, I thought you were having a jab. I'll hold my hands up; soz about that.

dick3.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

dick3.gif

Unless it's your 'last' post.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

It still wrecks my head that he didnt even register Texiera for this competition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

It still wrecks my head that he didnt even register Texiera for this competition.

Feel sorry for Texeira, this should be the season he gets some proper gametime in the cups at least...such an odd one. He's the type of player we should have been bringing into the Carlisle game, to get more intelligence passers with quick feet onto the field.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Feel sorry for Texeira, this should be the season he gets some proper gametime in the cups at least...such an odd one. He's the type of player we should have been bringing into the Carlisle game, to get more intelligence passers with quick feet onto the field.

He's gonna be the next Suso I fear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

<3 kolo, kolo for captain

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

~Rebel~ wrote:

Yeah he's a really good player, very intelligent, and Rodgers said he'd get his chance pre season, but he really didn't

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I wonder do other clubs essentially ruin as many players as we do?

I know that ruin is too strong a word and overly dramatic, but sometimes it seems that way, that we deprive some really promising players of proper development and it's quite frustrating at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

good bants, have done similar

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34400657
    bbc wrote:
    Lawrence Vigouroux: Swindon loanee returns after coins incident

Liverpool goalkeeper Lawrence Vigouroux has resumed his loan spell with Swindon after apologising for paying a fine with one penny pieces.
    He was sent back to Anfield after using 5,000 coins to pay a £50 fine for turning up late to training.
    The 21-year-old has played nine games for Swindon after joining them on a season-long loan, with one clean sheet.
    "Lawrence is going to come back. He is very humble and very apologetic," boss Mark Cooper told BBC Wiltshire.
    Vigouroux attended Tuesday's 2-2 draw with Doncaster Rovers and could now come into contention for selection for Saturday's game at Blackpool.
    "He knows the way he behaved was wrong and he has been in the changing room after the game and apologised to the players," Cooper said.
    "He asked them if they wanted him back and they all said yes. Lawrence is an exceptional young goalkeeper and it's important he learns from this little mishap and it will benefit his career going forward."
    Asked about the nature of the issue, Cooper confirmed: "It did happen and I thought it was brilliant banter, but in the context it was the wrong way to go about it.
    "We are giving him a second chance and I'm sure he will be grateful."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I wonder do other clubs essentially ruin as many players as we do?

I know that ruin is too strong a word and overly dramatic, but sometimes it seems that way, that we deprive some really promising players of proper development and it's quite frustrating at times.

Same at all the big clubs I'd say, most of us wouldn't really pay much attention to other teams' youth sides so wouldn't know anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

I don't understand how Tex is now seemingly overlooked for Rossiter (not ready at all imho) and Chirivella.

Is it a personality thing? Is Rodgers making a point by overlooking committee deals he didn't go for? I wouldnt have thought that given his tenuous grip on his job he could afford to play politics. Who knows. I would love to be a fly on the wall at Liverpool right now.

I don't understand how Tex is now seemingly overlooked for Rossiter (not ready at all imho) and Chirivella.

Is it a personality thing? Is Rodgers making a point by overlooking committee deals he didn't go for? I wouldnt have thought that given his tenuous grip on his job he could afford to play politics. Who knows. I would love to be a fly on the wall at Liverpool right now.

He signed when Kenny was manager so not TC signing.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement