Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Is Rodgers making a point by overlooking committee deals he didn't go for?

I thought that everyone was agreed that this was exactly what Rodgers has been doing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

I don't understand how Tex is now seemingly overlooked for Rossiter (not ready at all imho) and Chirivella.

Is it a personality thing? Is Rodgers making a point by overlooking committee deals he didn't go for? I wouldnt have thought that given his tenuous grip on his job he could afford to play politics. Who knows. I would love to be a fly on the wall at Liverpool right now.

Tex does play further forward in the midfield or at least he has done for us at youth level than those two so they aren't really competing for the same places. I actually seen a random tweet earlier from last week about how much of a step above Tex looked in the youth game the tweet was commenting on. Was Tex bought during Rodgers reign? I think he was but it is hard to imagine Rodgers playing silly beggars with him as surely he doesn't also want full control over every youth player we sign.

Edit Just seen above it was under Kenny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

ricero wrote: »

Seems a genuine nice guy. So infectious and shows that not all footballers are complete d1ckheads :)
    Give him a coaching role when he retires :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

He signed when Kenny was manager so not TC signing.

There you go, I didn't know that.

He's screwed then so. Poor lad.

I don't see how Rodgers can continue to play this game, not that in the short term Tex is going to save his career, far from it but it seems that Rodgers is only making his grip on the job more precarious by playing politics. He hasn't done enough to win full control of the transfers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Seems a genuine nice guy. So infectious and shows that not all footballers are complete d1ckheads :)
    Give him a coaching role when he retires :)

Should definitely be given some sort of role at the club..

I think he'd make a great Toure guide.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

5starpool wrote: »
    I wonder do other clubs essentially ruin as many players as we do?

I know that ruin is too strong a word and overly dramatic, but sometimes it seems that way, that we deprive some really promising players of proper development and it's quite frustrating at times.

We probably just massively overrate all our young players TBH.

Very few of these lads make it.

Every now and again there's a bumper crop, but really, nobody's generating footballers who can walk into decent premier league sides every season.

I thought Kristian Nemeth and Pacheco had it. They definitely didn't.

I thought Suso had it, even more so than anyone since the likes of Gerrard.
    Nope.

Even when one gets through, we've nicked them at 15 or so, like Sterling.

And that's a pretty good go of it, incidentally. 50m quid and all that.
    Ibe might amount to nothing but to have made as many appearances as he has is a decent acheivement by all involved.

Flanno's knocking about as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Gbear wrote: »
    I thought Kristian Nemeth and Pacheco had it. They definitely didn't.

I think Nemeth was really ruined by injuries with us, really looked very Torres-like for a while though.

Funnily enough he was the MLS's player of the month a few months back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The annoying thing about Teix is that his quality is proven to a degree - the highest number of goal scoring chances created (63) in the Championship last year playing for a side that was never on a secure footing. Also voted Brighton's Young Player of the Season. I bet they (who are now flying) would take him back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

unless you're married to him...

http://deadspin.com/5963070/man-city-star-kolo-toure-carried-on-affair-for-two-years-pretended-he-was-a-car-salesman-named-francois

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

The annoying thing about Teix is that his quality is proven to a degree - the highest number of goal scoring chances created (63) in the Championship last year playing for a side that was never on a secure footing. Also voted Brighton's Young Player of the Season. I bet they (who are now flying) would take him back.

He should be loaned out in January.

Or we could sell him to Southampton and buy him back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

corwill wrote: »

Ya, he's gone IMO. I'm sure I saw similar articles about Suso.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

It's a disgrace he didn't get named in the Europa League squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

It's a disgrace he didn't get named in the Europa League squad.

Ahead of who?

https://twitter.com/bpfootball/status/649509092126384128

What English clubs can learn from the transfer mastery of Shakhtar, Lyon and Porto (Via @tomwyer) - http://t.co/jWx8i9w4Pw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Nearly sure BBC had Tex down in the squad but there you are. Kind of wonder when he's going to get any game time then.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

I wonder do other clubs essentially ruin as many players as we do?
    Do we really though? I think if players are good enough, they will always find a way to have successful careers. I think a big problem with fans of all teams is that they over-rate their kids. When I watch the under 21's - I now basically take the opinion that out of the 11 man team, you may get one player for the senior team (if you're exceptionally lucky, perhaps two players).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I think we talk too many of our under age kids up to much and they can never live up to that hype.

Just look back to the summer to just this forum and see the amount of posters on here that didn't mind losing Sterling because Ibe was going to be better then him.

NukaCola wrote: »
    Ahead of who?
    Good point in fairness.

• Advertisement

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I think Nemeth was really ruined by injuries with us, really looked very Torres-like for a while though.

Funnily enough he was the MLS's player of the month a few months back.

Scored this the other day:

http://gfycat.com/SnoopySillyAmericancicada

Shouldn't have sold...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Is anybody else going to the Web Summit in Dublin next month?

Just got my ticket today, a couple of the more interesting speakers at it will be Liverpool CEO Ian Ayre and BBC's Ben Smith who does a lot of reporting on Liverpool FC

Definitely going to try and see both of those

https://websummit.net/attendees/featured-attendees

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

8-10 wrote: »

Just got my ticket today, a couple of the more interesting speakers at it will be Liverpool CEO Ian Ayre and BBC's Ben Smith who does a lot of reporting on Liverpool FC

I won't be anyway €730 for the cheapest ticket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

I won't be anyway €730 for the cheapest ticket.

Worth nowhere near that. You should go, you could probably get Ian Ayre to buy it off you for 20 million.

https://twitter.com/SamWallaceIndy/status/649543367139938304

Danny Ings to be in the England senior squad for Estonia and Lithuania Euro 2016 qualifiers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Cue comments about how strikers suddenly get the call up when they sign for Liverpool.

Hopefully that'll mean Sturridge is safe for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Yeah, Sturridge isn't meant to be called up, apparently.

Those comments from Rodgers about Sturbridge and England seemed odd. I can't imagine the club would want him to go now, they're glorified friendlies at this stage anyway. Nice to see Ings get called up but who hasn't at this stage.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,878 ✭✭✭RayCon

K-9 wrote: »
    Nice to see Ings get called up but who hasn't at this stage.

Jack Grealish

can-of-worms.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Knex. wrote: »
    Naismith? Gway ya bollocks.

Good player, id take him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

RayCon wrote: »
    Jack Grealish

needs international clearance which takes a few week I think.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

jaykay74 wrote: »
    needs international clearance which takes a few week I think.

true, but he was asked to go train with the England squad but has opted not to.

Re Teix, it's looking like Ibe, Lallana & Origi as the front 3 / lone striker with two very advanced midfielders.

We than have Rossiter, Can & Allen.

To be fair I imagine we do want to proceed to the later stages so where would Teix get a look in ?

If he's impressing at Melwood the league cup is the first team platform I reckon where his chance will come or maybe some league game sub appearances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    true, but he was asked to go train with the England squad but has opted not to.

Really?

What a little ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Really?

What a little ****.

If I was Roy (shudder), I think my stance might be something along the lines of "eff off, Tarmac".

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Apparently after talking to Timmy Sherwood is when he made the decision.
    In fairness, Villa probably want to hang onto their player and train with them rather than training elsewhere were they are not controlling the programme.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

We named 21 players in our A list, and could have named 25. We were probably reduced as we didn't have 8 locally trained players, but we had either 6 or 7 so it seems to me that we could have named him in the squad without leaving anyone else out. I'm not 100% on that though. Registration rules are pages 36-38 of this http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/uefaorg/Regulations/02/23/69/59/2236959_DOWNLOAD.pdf if anyone cares enough to look. He doesn't qualify as a locally trained player.

Marcovic should be playing in the EL for us.

• Advertisement

brevity wrote: »
    Marcovic should be playing in the EL for us.

He's getting better experience in Turkey by playing week in and week out rather than a couple of games for us.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    He's getting better experience in Turkey by playing week in and week out rather than a couple of games for us.

I guess, I think he could have been useful for us in the League Cup and EL.

As a separate point, I would prefer to have him as an option in the league over Ibe.

Maybe long term it's the best option for him. He'd be coming back with a full season under his belt.

brevity wrote: »
    I guess, I think he could have been useful for us in the League Cup and EL.

As a separate point, I would prefer to have him as an option in the league over Ibe.

True, he would be a decent option for us. But with what we have done by sending him out for a year at the end would leave us with 2 options
    1) Sell as he will not cut the mustard
    2) Keep as a first teamer next year as he has improved as a player.

By not loaning him out this year we would be delaing his career by a year.

Compared to Tex who has done all that, but now is coming back from serious injury, I'm sure he'll be given chances in the cups and games as the seaon progresses. So loaning Marko out gives Tex that chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Maybe long term it's the best option for him. He'd be coming back with a full season under his belt.

I wonder is he even our long term plans.

I like Marko and think he could become a great part of our squad but I have a bad feeling about a couple of our loan outs. Like Ilori, the kid hasnt got a chance here and now he is gone to Villa with an option for them to buy. I mean fair enough if we profit from selling youths, but I dont think we will be making any really profit from him going to Villa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Yes, it will make it easier to sell him then!

• Advertisement

Actually turns out Ben Smith is an attendee not a speaker, Ayre is a speaker. FAI's head of data analytics and Edwin van der Sar also giving talks as well as people from Rugby, GAA and cycling

Actually turns out Ben Smith is an attendee not a speaker, Ayre is a speaker. FAI's head of data analytics and Edwin van der Sar also giving talks as well as people from Rugby, GAA and cycling

€730 for a ticket that gives access to the talks :eek:

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Augeo wrote: »
    €730 for a ticket that gives access to the talks :eek:

The vast majority of attendees will be corporate, so not too bad when the company is picking up the tab.

The vast majority of attendees will be corporate, so not too bad when the company is picking up the tab.

True :P

It was cheaper earlier in the year, goes up in price closer to the time though and it was just announced that this is the last year it will be in Dublin

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement