Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

8-10 wrote: »
    Actually turns out Ben Smith is an attendee not a speaker, Ayre is a speaker. FAI's head of data analytics and Edwin van der Sar also giving talks as well as people from Rugby, GAA and cycling

The FAI's head of data analytics? That'll be a man from Athlone with a shed full of musty old notebooks, then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

mosstin wrote: »
    The FAI's head of data analytics? That'll be a man from Athlone with a shed full of musty old notebooks, then.

And on JobBridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Turtyturd wrote: »
    And on JobBridge.

No CE scheme.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    No CE scheme.

That's probably half the players.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭S. Goodspeed

I know it was pretty unlikely to work but would playing Gerrard as a CB last season really have been any worse than playing Can, Lovren and co there? Surely worth a bleeding try anyway. Anyway, moving on...

I know it was pretty unlikely to work but would playing Gerrard as a CB last season really have been any worse than playing Can, Lovren and co there? Surely worth a bleeding try anyway. Anyway, moving on...

Or maybe just sign a proper CB ? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,888 ✭✭✭✭klose

Nice of us to return the ball straight to their keeper every single time from corners :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Or maybe just sign a proper CB ? :)

We tried that and ended up with Lovern...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Oh Brendan why has thou forsaken us?

This is Hodgson all over.

No direction, an easy touch.

Fire him quick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,888 ✭✭✭✭klose

Fcuking hell

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Before the madness starts, I don't know where to go to find out things like this so could someone help?

How many times has Jordan Ibe started for Liverpool and ended up on the winning side?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Booing again

This is not good lads. We look awful a lot of the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

I hate the spiteful "Rodgers out" posts as i genuinely think he's giving it his all as manager but its defo time for him to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

When we lose against Everton, that should be the end. Just get Klopp or Carlo, otherwise it's pointless.

Before the madness starts, I don't know where to go to find out things like this so could someone help?

How many times has Jordan Ibe started for Liverpool and ended up on the winning side?

Ibe is poor. Guess who picked him?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Google. It.

Madness?

Another insipid 1-1 ok for you is it?

How long will you be staying on board the good ship Brendan? Can't be much room left in the life rafts at this stage.

Worse or on par with Hodgson? Who cares just get rid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I'd rather see how many times he lost possession.......really awful. However the manager playing him at WB isn't helping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

monkey9 wrote: »
    When we lose against Everton, that should be the end. Just get Klopp or Carlo, otherwise it's pointless.

Everton should beat us really. Our only saving grace is they nearly always bottle it against Liverpool when they are expected to win.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Another heap of shyte. The booing is getting louder, only 37k people there apparently, although it did look fuller than that. Perhaps a lot of the spare seats were in the centenary.

Lose at the weekend the international break will just be full of speculation, but sadly I don't think he'd get sacked unless we get almost embarrassed at Goodison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

First half was the disjointed mess I'm used to. Second half, I think Sion got tired and we suffered from lackluster finishing mixed with decent saves from their keeper, but there was some nice flashes of movement in there. Rodgers' European record is actually so bad.

Worse or on par with Hodgson? Who cares just get rid.

Hodgson had a very good record in Europe for us funnily enough. BR's is poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

You might want to because it fits your narrative, but you can't keep blaming individuals.

It was Coutinho against Carlisle, Ibe tonight.

At some point even you have to just give in and say a change of manager is necessary.

5starpool wrote: »
    Another heap of shyte. The booing is getting louder, only 37k people there apparently, although it did look fuller than that. Perhaps a lot of the spare seats were in the centenary.

Lose at the weekend the international break will just be full of speculation, but sadly I don't think he'd get sacked unless we get almost embarrassed at Goodison.

I dunno,I'd say a loss and he's gone.

Completely rudderless atm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Three years in and Rodgers remains entirely clueless how to set up a team for European football. Even if we did somehow miraculously manage to sneak fourth in the league, we'd be gone by the CL knock out stages again

SlickRic wrote: »
    You might want to because it fits your narrative, but you can't keep blaming individuals.

It was Coutinho against Carlisle, Ibe tonight.

At some point even you have to just give in and say a change of manager is necessary.

Spot on, it will be someone else on Sunday.

This can't go on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

He has to go after the derby regardless of the result

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Ibe should be on loan. Why is he our only winger?

• Advertisement

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I dunno,I'd say a loss and he's gone.

Completely rudderless atm.

Unless it's 3-0 or worse, I honestly don't think he'll be sacked, and even then possibly not.

He should be, but he won't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

It really is a feat to have put together a squad in which only 1 of the 50 odd players has any sort of balls in the final third.

Is it coaching or do we make a point of seeking out mentally weak players that **** themselves when it comes to the crunch?:confused:

All these lads - Origi, Lallana, Allen, Can, Coutinho - they can do some lovely things with the football when they get into their stride, but if you put any of them on the spot they **** it up Every. Single. Time.

I guess when even probably the best player of all time is incapable of scoring a penalty and is a serial misser of sitters, maybe it indicates that almost nobody can handle making a decision in front of goal?

NukaCola wrote: »
    Hodgson had a very good record in Europe for us funnily enough. BR's is poor.

That's not true. He won 2 games from 6. Utrecht and a Gerrard Hat trick to beat napoli.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

I'd rather see how many times he lost possession.......really awful. However the manager playing him at WB isn't helping.

Young players being completely hung out to dry by Rodgers.

Ibe who hasn't a notion what to do in this system. He has some ability, we've seen flashes of it, but he not got a clue what he is supposed to be at out there.

Gomez. Should be on loan getting experience, Illori should be in.

Rossiter. Should be in the gym. Or on loan. Chirivella should be in, Allen should be in. Can should be playing in his position. Actually Can would do a good job playing wide right, as he plays or has played RB for Germany.

Origi. Bought last year, wasn't really fancied so we bought Ings. Now he is a multi million pound 4th striker. Great.

Ah fck it, you could go on.

Still it's all the fault of our vastly inexperienced RWB who should be playing at the other end of the pitch....yeah, lets blame Ibe.

Muppetry. Henson level muppetry.

Unbeaten in Europe lads, let's celebrate!

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭TrueIt

This really can't go on

Yeah. Ibe. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Will he Billy big balls it in the presser tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Can at right centre back
    Can at centre back
    Can in central midfield
    Clyne at left back
    Gomez at right back
    Ibe at left wing back
    Ibe at right wing back (crap in both)
    Rossiter and Allen as the engine room

I mean is anyone shocked at the result when Rodgers is jamming pieces together to make a psychopathic jigsaw?

That's not true. He won 2 games from 6. Utrecht and a Gerrard Hat trick to beat napoli.

Won 6 drew 4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

monkey9 wrote: »
    This can't go on.
    But it can and more than likely will for a while yet...

scarjo_popcorn.gif

Would you please just f*ck off for one night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

That Sion team were genuinely crap. Criminal not to beat them at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Very disapointed with Ibe. He is low in confidence & being played WB. Its a common theme that happens with our players who are moved around position But he needs to start taking these chances or I think a loan move in January could be a good move for him.

Can at right centre back
    Can at centre back
    Can in central midfield
    Clyne at left back
    Gomez at right back
    Ibe at left wing back

I mean is anyone shocked at the result when Rodgers is jamming pieces together to make a psychopathic jigsaw?

I wonder how long it'll be until the "You don't know what you're doing" chants are broken out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I don't know how anyone can defend any aspect of the job Rodgers is doing anymore.

I understand the players occasionally let you down.
    I understand that keepers sometimes keep the team out no matter what's thrown at him.
    I understand that integrating new players isn't always easy.

But there's too much evidence now that he's not up to it, and it keeps building.

Still it's all the fault of our vastly inexperienced RWB who should be playing at the other end of the pitch....yeah, lets blame Ibe.

Yea, thats what I said :rolleyes:.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Can at right centre back
    Can at centre back
    Can in central midfield
    Clyne at left back
    Gomez at right back
    Ibe at left wing back

square_peg_in_round_hole_2.jpg

Won 6 drew 4

Oh I forgot the hugely challenging qualifying rounds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Wonder if he'll go into hiding again and send out Gary Mac to front up the press.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement