Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Rodgers deliberately taking down boards to avoid criticism. Coward.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

Roll on Sunday we have nothing to lose in the derby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

5starpool wrote: »
    Rodgers deliberately taking down boards to avoid criticism. Coward.

Boards.ie lacked enough character to stay online.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

a-bad-workman.jpg

Yes, alot of them played like tools tonight as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I have nothing more to say really. I'm just looking forward to this chapter being over.

Everything has been said, a heavy beating at Goodison and you can close the book on the Rodgers Era. I am awaiting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Even if we beat Everton, he should still be gone, tbh.

I don't see the tools or the foundation or work there that inspires confidence him turning it around long term.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Formation for Sunday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

_85865470_mart.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

I want him gone too but they were hardly comments of a "coward". He was right, we created enough chances to win that game easy tonight. Origi should have scored and Ings had some good chances too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    I want him gone too but they were hardly comments of a "coward". He was right, we created enough chances to win that game easy tonight. Origi should have scored and Ings had some good chances too.

We conceded enough chances to lose that game too though.

It was a far more open game than it ever should have been, with Sion made to look a lot better than they are. They were allowed to string together some great moves, but mostly because we weren't pressuring them. While their passing was often accurate, it was made easy by them always having a free man to receive the ball with time to pick his next pass.

Just another disappointing performance where we sank to the level of the opposition rather than outclassing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Anyone else thing fsg are waiting to have someone ready to step in before pulling the trigger? I reckon he is gone and they are waiting on the replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Pepp1989 wrote: »
    Anyone else thing fsg are waiting to have someone ready to step in before pulling the trigger? I reckon he is gone and they are waiting on the replacement.

I honestly think the opposite. It's the reason I don't post much about wanting him gone anymore. I've posted enough on that for the last 18 months. I'm resigned to the fact he is here for the foreseeable.

What I can see happening though is that the fanbase will start to turn their attention to FSG, and only then will something happen. My feeling is that they could leave it too late to appease the fans and the relationship between fans and FSG will be irreparable. Then the **** will truly hit the fan.

I honestly think the opposite. It's the reason I don't post much about wanting him gone anymore. I've posted enough on that for the last 18 months. I'm resigned to the fact he is here for the foreseeable.

What I can see happening though is that the fanbase will start to turn their attention to FSG, and only then will something happen. My feeling is that they could leave it too late to appease the fans and the relationship between fans and FSG will be irreparable. Then the **** will truly hit the fan.
    Hopefully not. I see them as selfish business men. Liverpool fc doing well is aligned with the asset maintaining its value. Attendances are beginning to drop. They are obviously not stupid business wise. They dont really care about the club but do care about flipping for a profit in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Pepp1989 wrote: »
    Hopefully not. I see them as selfish business men. Liverpool fc doing well is aligned with the asset maintaining its value. Attendances are beginning to drop. They are obviously not stupid business wise. They dont really care about the club but do care about flipping for a profit in the future.

Wouldn't even go as far as to say Selfish - they're just businessmen full stop. If anything, i would say they've actually been surprisingly moral in their dealings with us so far.

They could easily have lumped debt onto the club, or taken revenue out of the club, or any other number of things they're entitled to do, but they never have. They've increased the clubs revenue, and allowed all of it to go back into the club itself, to make LFC self sustaining for the long haul.

Their problem thus far has just been not bringing in more football minded people of a high calibre to help them out. It's the first thing they tried to do, with Comolli, and they looked to do it again when they were sounding out Van Gaal about a DoF position. Hopefully with this transfer committee nonsense having proven to be a disaster, it's an approach they might move back towards if they're bringing in a new manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Ive backed rodgers till now - im starting to get impatient - Apparently chelsea looking at Klopp - If Mourinho gets the boot soon would he ... you know..... would he???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

didnt bother watching, solid choice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Oct 22nd - our next european game.m

If either Klopp or Carlo are gettable, they must be gotten before that date. The yanks are ****ing clueless/ignorant on the football side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

ardinn wrote: »
    Ive backed rodgers till now - im starting to get impatient - Apparently chelsea looking at Klopp - If Mourinho gets the boot soon would he ... you know..... would he???
    I would have taken oul Jose in a heartbeat but now I'm not so sure, as the myth about him not being able to handle a club long term......Seems less like a myth now.

He's not the right man, he'll have the blood pumping throughout the team, which will be good for about two seasons. Then it would go to pot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭Damien360

Jon Stark wrote: »
    I would have taken oul Jose in a heartbeat but now I'm not so sure, as the myth about him not being able to handle a club long term......Seems less like a myth now.

He's not the right man, he'll have the blood pumping throughout the team, which will be good for about two seasons. Then it would go to pot.

I would take two good seasons if it was offered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

ardinn wrote: »
    Apparently chelsea looking at Klopp

:mad::(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

Damien360 wrote: »
    I would take two good seasons if it was offered.

Absolutely. Two good seasons with Mourinho would be worth it! We'd also restructure how our transfers are dealt with which would probably lead to more successful transfers in the long term unlike the TC and we'd have another reason for opposition fans to hate us :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,888 ✭✭✭✭klose

Fsg really have to act now, season is going poor with no signs of a turnaround however the season is also very much saveable at the minute, very much still in all competitions.

On origi, I must say I was quietly impressed him bar his finishing. Looks a strong quick runner which we haven't seen from him yet. His missed were poor for sure but there's certainly a good player there somewhere.
    On Ibe however I am very worried, I'm well aware he is out of position and its bull**** from Rodgers that he is still playing players out of postion but he was burning people for fun last season but now he looks completely void of confidence. Markovic would of course be an ideal replacement but hey, we fcuking loaned him out.

Wonder how toure is also? If he's injured for the weekend we have two for centre backs, do we even have any knocking about the academy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I don't even care if we finish fourth. That is no longer acceptable in terms of keeping Rodgers. He is clearly out of his depth when it comes to European football so we would never get out of the group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

klose wrote: »
    Fsg really have to act now, season is going poor with no signs of a turnaround however the season is also very much saveable at the minute, very much still in all competitions.

On origi, I must say I was quietly impressed him bar his finishing. Looks a strong quick runner which we haven't seen from him yet. His missed were poor for sure but there's certainly a good player there somewhere.
    On Ibe however I am very worried, I'm well aware he is out of position and its bull**** from Rodgers that he is still playing players out of postion but he was burning people for fun last season but now he looks completely void of confidence. Markovic would of course be an ideal replacement but hey, we fcuking loaned him out.

Wonder how toure is also? If he's injured for the weekend we have two for centre backs, do we even have any knocking about the academy?

Well, we have one on loan at Aston Villa, does that help?

I have to say i am baffled by the treatment of some of our perennial loanees, that's another one of my gripes with Rodgers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Oh good christ, can people stop banging the Ilori drum? He has done NOTHING in his career yet people give out about him being loaned to Villa. If the manager threw Cleary in to the starting 11 he would be slated on here for playing such an inexperienced defender.

I'd practically guarantee that the people clamouring for Ilori have never even seen him play ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Is there anything to be said for another mass?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Just sick of it all

Vicxas wrote: »
    Well, we have one on loan at Aston Villa, does that help?

I have to say i am baffled by the treatment of some of our perennial loanees, that's another one of my gripes with Rodgers.

Yeah bizzare alright, ilori impressed at two clubs playing at a pretty high level yet we were happy to choose a midfielder who clearly is not a centre back over him aswell as a kid who played half a season at charlton, makes no sense.

• Advertisement

klose wrote: »
    Yeah bizzare alright, ilori impressed at two clubs playing at a pretty high level yet we were happy to choose a midfielder who clearly is not a centre back over him aswell as a kid who played half a season at charlton, makes no sense.

He impressed who exactly?
    9 games for Granada and 12 for Bordeaux.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you advocate for Gomez to be a starting player in our back 3?

So Ilori has impressed people in multiple games at a fairly high level yet you think Gomez has impressed more? It was 15 for Bordeaux if you're counting cups btw, as well as impressing internationally in the under age team. So a little bit more experience at a higher standard than Gomez.

Me, I've seen highlights and he looked good, not arsed if others agree with me tbh. It was a poor decision loaning him out considering we look dead set on playing 3 centre backs a game.

Anyways, don't want to derail on the loan topic so I'll leave it there.

punk_one82 wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you advocate for Gomez to be a starting player in our back 3?

So Ilori has impressed people in multiple games at a fairly high level yet you think Gomez has impressed more? It was 15 for Bordeaux if you're counting cups btw, as well as impressing internationally in the under age team. So a little bit more experience at a higher standard than Gomez.

Wrong person I think.

Wrong person I think.

Apologies in that case.

Edit: I think it was Knex

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Is Rodgers bad in Europe or is it just a symptom of the general English malaise in Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

When I get up in the morning I still expect to see the big yellow banner on SSN saying he's finally been sacked, I greatly await that day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Is Rodgers bad in Europe or is it just a symptom of the general English malaise in Europe.

He is bad, two wins in ten

Rodgers team's in Europe have done absolutely nothing of note (unless you count waving the white flag against Real Madrid away before we'd even kicked a ball as noteworthy)

• Advertisement

It seems that English clubs in Europe are just not good enough the last 2/3 years.

Im not sure what has changed or if the other countries can see through our game easier....

The Rodgers : “It’s a rebuilding job again, and we’ll take it forward hopefully.”

FFS , Dresden was rebuilt after WWII quicker than this ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,676 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

naughtb4 wrote: »
    He is bad, two wins in ten

.... both of which were won via late penalties..

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

RayCon wrote: »

The "hopefully" is a nice touch, top off-line trolling.

364401.jpg

Its a stall tactic while he sits on the thinking chair, which gives him character.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Rodgers team's in Europe have done absolutely nothing of note (unless you count waving the white flag against Real Madrid away before we'd even kicked a ball as noteworthy)

That away game to Real was one of Liverpool's better performances/results in Europe under Rodgers when factoring in the opposition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Hidalgo wrote: »
    That away game to Real was one of Liverpool's better performances/results in Europe under Rodgers when factoring in the opposition

It was a good performance but Madrid were basically standing there with their hand on our head while we ran towards them, hands flailing wildly.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Wouldn't even go as far as to say Selfish - they're just businessmen full stop. If anything, i would say they've actually been surprisingly moral in their dealings with us so far.

They could easily have lumped debt onto the club, or taken revenue out of the club, or any other number of things they're entitled to do, but they never have. They've increased the clubs revenue, and allowed all of it to go back into the club itself, to make LFC self sustaining for the long haul.

Their problem thus far has just been not bringing in more football minded people of a high calibre to help them out. It's the first thing they tried to do, with Comolli, and they looked to do it again when they were sounding out Van Gaal about a DoF position. Hopefully with this transfer committee nonsense having proven to be a disaster, it's an approach they might move back towards if they're bringing in a new manager.
    Ya fair point. Just my frustration with how things are going atm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Hidalgo wrote: »

It was all pressing and hard work. No guile or quality. Never looked a threat. Sometimes you need to do that and I have no problem with the approach but we never caused Real any problems. It was a good display but a million miles away from what we done to teams the previous season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Roberto Martinez isn't holding back anyway

https://twitter.com/TonyBarretTimes/status/649859407912808448

Martinez on Rodgers: "Pressure is the nature of the game. It's normal and it comes with not winning games."

https://twitter.com/TonyBarretTimes/status/649859199975968768

Martinez: "Being favourites or not doesn't matter in a derby. If you look at the money Liverpool have spent they need to be favourites."

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement