Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Passion needed.

tumblr_mtc80aidMY1rdg4zpo1_400.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Sooner Rodgers is sacked the better. Awful shíte.

bur wrote: »
    The fraud will be gone very soon hopefully.

He better be.

This is unacceptable stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Enrique wouldn't have done that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

bur wrote: »
    The fraud will be gone very soon hopefully.

too late now. rodgers has set liverpool back 20 years and wasted £300 million in the process...money that liverpool won't have for the next manager

the joker should never have been employed in the first place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

20 mins to go. May as well start looking for something else to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

That Rodgers fella is a cod Bill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Rodgers tenure needs to be brought to an end as soon as possible. We're appalling.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭slingerz

Good thing is Rodgers time is coming to an end

Bad thing is he wasted £30M on Firmino

BTW that Emre Can is woeful as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

If he lasts the end of the month, I'll be surprised. It's not just the bad performance, but he seems to be completely out of answers, and out out of his depth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

rossie1977 wrote: »
    too late now. rodgers has set liverpool back 20 years and wasted €300 million in the process...money that liverpool won't have for the next manager

I believe a top manager like Klopp could do something with this squad.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

I guess everyone was expecting a win at old Trafford then ... :-D

slingerz wrote: »
    BTW that Emre Can is woeful as well

He's not having a great game, but Germany clearly see something in him if he's starting for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

He has no idea how to make this team play. Extraordinary stuff.

I believe a top manager could get more out of it. But there's still loads of dross that we've wasted huge money on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Origi getting his first run out here?

What is he thinking?

Brendog out!

too late now. rodgers has set liverpool back 20 years and wasted £300 million in the process...money that liverpool won't have for the next manager

More so than Woy I believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Klopp took a young Dortmund side to two Bundesliga titles and a CL final after years of misery for the club.

Rodgers took Swansea to the Premier League by finishing third in the league and getting lucky in the playoffs.

Which one should be managing Liverpool, one of the biggest clubs in England?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

You know what's the worst thing, this isn't even a shock.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Rodgers is dressed as if going to a funeral. Funnily enough, today probably is the death of his Liverpool career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

41u5%2Bli65XL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,334 ✭✭✭Ardent

One thing that strikes me watching this game - and others this season - is what a mediocre bunch of players we now have. And all the money we wasted on them, fcuk me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Agreed. Rodgers is tactically clueless.

He's doing the exact same thing to Beneteke as Balotelli - total isolation, no support.

He's absolutely ****ing inept. Dreadful stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭slingerz

He's not having a great game, but Germany clearly see something in him if he's starting for them.

That's a messed up argument.

England clearly see something in JohnJo Shelvey if that's he case

He has never played well in a meaningful game for Liverpool in centre midfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Must be a real kick in the balls for the longer serving players to see Milner with the armband.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Rodgers needs to do a Pillsbury Doughboy in the post-match interview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Ive been a staunch backer of Rodgers since he came in. Genuinely believed he could turn it around.

Have to say today is the day I feel his times up. Feel sad saying it but this performance has nailed it home.

Klopp is available. Get him in before he joins another club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Nah. Things can change quickly, a coach that knows what he's doing, motivated squad. And the money will still be there.

Feel sorry for Gomez, Rodgers has really hung him out to dry. He's a right footed centre back FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Mr Alan wrote: »
    I believe a top manager could get more out of it. But there's still loads of dross that we've wasted huge money on.

Sack Rodgers now and get in Klopp and we will easily finish in the top 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

what were we playing at signing origi if he is not better than danny ings??

where is can supposed to play?

Lucas IS past it, slow and slower, dreadful on the ball.

Gomez is not a lb.

lovren??

You make it hard to back you Rodgers. We had no idea today from the get go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Ardent wrote: »
    One thing that strikes me watching this game - and others this season - is what a mediocre bunch of players we now have. And all the money we wasted on them, fcuk me!

They're being managed by a complete fraud though, keep that in mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Time is up... there's no arguing left to be done. If we can get Klopp then go get him. There are very good players in this squad.. this is not good enough.

Benteke. Another useless lump, like Balotelli before him, but twice the amount of money wasted.

So Rodgers made Suarez or Suarez made Rodgers Hmmmmm

I don't think Rodgers is clueless.

I think he ditched his principles when times got tough, and he saw the writing on the wall. He started winging it, doubting himself, and going against much of what he was extremely vocal about when he first joined. He's now in a rut that he doesn't have the balls or the means to get out of.

His time is up. This team is a serious bunch of pussies as well, and I said as much weeks ago. **** all fight, and I'm not so sure that one manager will be a quick fix either, although its certainly a start that needs to be tried now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Rodgers has to go. The players look like theyknow he's gone and aren't interested in playing for him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

The thing about our club is that we have doses in powerful positions who don't understand football. These fools are impressed by folders full of notes and talks of tactics. Us losing to Utd away won't get them to sack him.

Btw, I got some stick over the last 18 months when said i wanted him replaced after the Suarez season; it's good to see that a high majority have changed there minds since then.

I know **** all about football really, and only really frequent here for the laughs, but I knew this fella was a chancer.

For all the criticism he's getting here Gomez actually played well today bar the mistake. Its annoying but our best two players gave away the set peices for both goals.

Hopefully Klopp is at the phone waiting... I imagine Sakho is too. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

This team doesnt know what style theyre playing. I am completely numb from our performances this season.

I dont see how we can come back from this. So much money spent and we still have only scored 2 goals...

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭bicboy6666

Rodgers out - united there for the taking and we have been completely useless. players playing out of position and being wasted. Do our best to get Klopp please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

The same form from last season with the same style of stilted play. I don't foresee any significant changes in the near future that is going to cause an upturn in performances and results, and that's simply not acceptable to continue like this. Rodgers has been floundering long enough, it's time to end it while there's something redeemable of the season. I honestly believe that the players are better than what we're seeing but aren't being coached right. I don't wish the manager any ill will but he's just not getting the best out of these players, picking the right team or playing them in the right way - and that's been going on far too long.

So Rodgers made Suarez or Suarez made Rodgers Hmmmmm

This has ever been a genuine question

The thing about our club is that we have doses in powerful positions who don't understand football. These fools are impressed by folders full of notes and talks of tactics. Us losing to Utd away won't get them to sack him.

Btw, I got some stick over the last 18 months when said i wanted him replaced after the Suarez season; it's good to see that a high majority have changed there minds since then.

I know **** all about football really, and only really frequent here for the laughs, but I knew this fella was a chancer.

If you said that after that season then you're the chancer.

slingerz wrote: »
    That's a messed up argument.

England clearly see something in JohnJo Shelvey if that's he case

He has never played well in a meaningful game for Liverpool in centre midfield

That's an even more messed up argument.

England are a very average side, while Germany are a world cup-winning side. Anyone who even gets in the Germany squad is a decent player, at the very least.

Can hasn't had a great season so far, but he's a very good player imo and is still very young. I wouldn't be pointing the finger at him.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭bicboy6666

Ardent wrote: »
    Benteke. Another useless lump, like Balotelli before him, but twice the amount of money wasted.

thats because they have both been so isolated. he needs support got none ran into dead alleys as he had no option to pass

We've still only played one good game in what's going on now, 20 months.

**** off Can

bicboy6666 wrote: »
    Rodgers out - united there for the taking.
    Agree completely. This is a poor united team and we've made them look like world beaters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

We are as far away as we've ever been in the last 20 years.

• Advertisement

Just to play the devil's advocate Rodgers should be given time to implement his philosophy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement