Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

That Palace game was gutwrenching like any loss of a three nil lead would be. But I wasn’t disappointed in the sense that we just lost the league. We lost the league when Gerrard slipped and we couldn’t pull it back. If we had drawn that Chelsea game, we’d have been Champions

We only blew the Palace match because we were still going gung ho for more goals at three nil up, something we wouldn’t have had to do had we got something from Chelsea. I wasn’t full of elation at three nil up thinking we had a chance. All I was shouting for was more goals as I was still gutted from the previous match and the reality that that result had caused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

mormank wrote: »
    We weren't trying to close the game out at 3-0. :confused: We needed to score alot more goals to possibly be able to win the league on goal difference. You either forgot that or are just being purposefully ignorant to suit your point/agenda. Mis representing the facts just costs us all time cos then someone has to come in and correct you so others don't believe your lies/mistakes. By "you" I mean everyone.

106829-Kevin-Hart-dumbfounded-confuse-0aQE.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Chelsea didn't come to score. Their tactic was to suck us in which they did, our defence was caught too high up the field and they capitalized on a mistake.
    They had a tactic and it worked. We got sucked in to it.

Knowing that a draw would suffice against Chelsea and seeing their negative tactics so early we could have easily changed to play a deeper back line and seen out a dull game.

We couldn't afford a loss in those last 3 games. On paper Palace and Newcastle were wins.

The Chelsea game was the one game that needed to be managed tactically and it wasn't.

Chelsea set out to frustrate us.

I doubt very much they would have sat back and defended for 90 minutes. They had no reason to.

They probably thought their defense would be good enough to shut us out for 90 minutes and they would grow into the game and nick a winner.

It would have been unbelievably dangerous for us to sit back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I'd be very underwhelmed if de Boer came in as manager instead of a klopp or ancelloti

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

monkey9 wrote: »
    If we had drawn that Chelsea game, we’d have been Champions

Both the Palace and Newcastle games would have become monumentally harder had we still been in the title driving seat. No guarantee we would have won both at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭dogbert27

We weren't trying to close the game out at 3-0. :confused: We needed to score alot more goals to possibly be able to win the league on goal difference. You either forgot that or are just being purposefully ignorant to suit your point/agenda. Mis representing the facts just costs us all time cos then someone has to come in and correct you so others don't believe your lies/mistakes. By "you" I mean everyone.

I'm not being purposefully ignorant. We weren't able to defend the 3 points.

As soon as Palace scored we panicked due to not having a solid defensive system which is the main point of this current argument.

It's over 3 season under Rodgers reign and we have never had defensive stability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

ricero wrote: »
    I'd be very underwhelmed if de Boer came in as manager instead of a klopp or ancelloti

I'd really like De Boer, tbh. Especially if he was able to bring a lot of his backroom staff with him.

He's not like the Rodgers appointment either, for me, as he has league titles behind his name and a lot of European experience too.

I think he has a very bright future in the game.

I doubt very much they would have sat back and defended for 90 minutes. They had no reason to.

They probably thought their defense would be good enough to shut us out for 90 minutes and they would grow into the game and nick a winner.

We didn't have to sit back, we just didn't have to be playing such a high line in defence.

Both the Palace and Newcastle games would have become monumentally harder had we still been in the title driving seat. No guarantee we would have won both at all.

Or seeing as there is no evidence of this only your opinion I will say that the Palace and Newcastle games would have been easy peasy.

Having drawn against Chelsea the pressure would have been greater on Man City for their games.

The fact of the matter is that losing to Chelsea meant that we lost control of the situation.

A draw and it was still in our hands where we only needed the 6 points against Palace and Newcastle and not be having to score as many goals as humanly possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Knex. wrote: »
    I'd really like De Boer, tbh. Especially if he was able to bring a lot of his backroom staff with him.

He's not like the Rodgers appointment either, for me, as he has league titles behind his name and a lot of European experience too.

De Boer does seem to be a more suitable appointment from FSG's point of view. I've read a couple of pieces about him and he seems to be doing well for himself.

Still would love Klopp though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Connavar wrote: »
    I have such a big dislike of Dwight Gayle after that game

He was that years Macheda coming off the bench to derail our challenge before disappearing back into the ether.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

I'd be happy with any of the 3 candidates. I prefer Ancelotti as I think he is more pragmatic and need less lead time to start turning things around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Agreed
    Mourinho said afterwards that Liverpool had won so many games that season by half time he was ensuring that they still had a game to play in by half time.

I guess from that, his plan in second half would have been very different , but a fortuitous goal at the end of the first half meant he had a lead to hold onto and that became a revised plan of second half same as the first please.

If having played a certain way all season were we had put all those teams to the sword ,including a better than Chelsea ,Man City , we suddenly changed had sat back and played kickball , only for Chelsea to knick a goal we would have all called Rodgers a bottler.

I have no issues with Rodgers game plan against Chelsea back then , I have serious issue with his game plan against practically every side from that game to now .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

If you get Frank, you get Ronald, which is nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I dont want a guy thats good and will/could be great.

There will be a lot of on the job training involved with de Boer. He's a talented manager but has a long way to go. I would love Ancellotti or similar to be hired. The finished article so to speak.

De Boer is a level ahead of Rodgers. Klopp is a level above De Boer and Ancellotti is a level above Klopp.

• Advertisement

J Mysterio wrote: »
    If you get Frank, you get Ronald, which is nice.

McDonald?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

kfallon wrote: »
    We bottled the league 2 seasons ago, ye can dress it up any way ye want but that's the reality.

When it came down to the crunch and we finally had our destiny in our own hands, we threw it away. From half time in the City game the team became scared/nervous. We got away with it big time against City, we just about clung on at Norwich and then it all went pear shaped against Chelsea and Palace.

That's the long and the short of it, you can go on about 13 wins from 15 or 12 wins in a row but when the pressure was really upon us there were too many players who weren't strong enough to stand up to it.

It's a lot easier to win games when you are going for 4th, 3rd, 2nd (as what happened in that great run) but when you need character to get over the line and lift that trophy we didn't have enough of it! The last 10-12 minutes of the Palace game showed how weak our players were.

Arsenal bottled it that season for me. They were top for 128 days of the season (way more than anyone else) yet finished 4th. Nobody talks about it though because everybody always expects them to fall away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A couple of Dutch newspapers have picked up on de Boer being linked with the job and have been listing pros and cons.

http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

de Boer is a suberb coach, has been doing some really incredible work at Ajax. Dennis Bergkamp would probably come with him too as assistant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

A couple of Dutch newspapers have picked up on de Boer being linked with the job and have been listing pros and cons.

That's a link to an article about Villas Boas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

That's a link to an article about Villas Boas.

I know, but he has only used that gag 5 times this week, quotas have to be met.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

With Hendo suspended for his red against City, we simply didn't have the midfield personnel to sit back against anyone, let alone Chelsea. Tactics were dictated by lack of squad depth at the worst possible moment.

Not picking up a midfielder that January was madness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

What's the craic with that AVB article anyway. Am I missing a punchline?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Grayditch wrote: »
    106829-Kevin-Hart-dumbfounded-confuse-0aQE.gif

Wish i knew how to use gifs and other such things. Would at least make for a level playing field. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

NukaCola wrote: »
    I dont want a guy thats good and will/could be great.

There will be a lot of on the job training involved with de Boer. He's a talented manager but has a long way to go. I would love Ancellotti or similar to be hired. The finished article so to speak.

De Boer is a level ahead of Rodgers. Klopp is a level above De Boer and Ancellotti is a level above Klopp.

De Beor has excelled in the situation he has been in. He needs to move on and the talent is there, but I couldn't say for sure that Klopp is a level above him, tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Right, that isn't even slightly funny anymore, it's so overused it's unreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

martyos121 wrote: »

Ah it is a little bit, though.

Fair enough, I thought you were having a jab. I'll hold my hands up; soz about that.

Asks you not to make dickish comments but has no problem making them himself.

What did you have for Breakfast :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

dogbert27 wrote: »
    I'm not being purposefully ignorant. We weren't able to defend the 3 points.

As soon as Palace scored we panicked due to not having a solid defensive system which is the main point of this current argument.

It's over 3 season under Rodgers reign and we have never had defensive stability.

You said we couldn't even close out the game at 3-0 against Crystal Palace, that's not what we were trying to do at 3-0. If it was I'm sure we would have managed it and still lost the league. I'm not disagreeing that we have been basically a defensive shambles under Rodger's entire reign. I just hate it when people slightly change the facts just enough to make it seem believable to suit their argument better, which is what you did, either ignorantly or purposefully. I can forgive ignorance but not intent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

De Beor has excelled in the situation he has been in. He needs to move on and the talent is there, but I couldn't say for sure that Klopp is a level above him, tbh.

Well, even if I concede that De Boer and Klopp are on the same level, Ancellotti if available would be my absolute number 1 choice.

I'll also add that I wouldn't be appalled with De Boer or anything I know he's highly rated, I just think it will take him more time, why wait when there are better managers available.

What did you have for Breakfast :)

Don't try to distract me from the matter at hand, I'm still pissed.

But I had the usual, scrambled eggs and toast, found a nice new recipe, worth a look tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

8-10 wrote: »
    de Boer is a suberb coach, has been doing some really incredible work at Ajax. Dennis Bergkamp would probably come with him too as assistant

If he is, it won't be by plane anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Nah, that was ages back. It became so overused it was annoying but then people started getting upset which made the overuse even funnier than it was at the start.

A sort of boom-bust-boom cycle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Atm Klopp for sure is a level above De Boer who has only coached in the Eredisivie. De Boer has only coached Ajax too. After Rodgers we need a different approach.

Nah, that was ages back. It became so overused it was annoying but then people started getting upset which made the overuse even funnier than it was at the start.

A sort of boom-bust-boom cycle.

That actually makes perfect sense. I feel stupid now that I bit.

De Beor would be a great choice.

Was hoping he'd get it last time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Connavar wrote: »
    I have such a big dislike of Dwight Gayle after that game

Similarly I hated the site of Michael Thomas until I was forced to concede that if the club can forgive him enough to sign him (after he scored the goal that cost us the league), then I better get behind him too..

Asks you not to make dickish comments but has no problem making them himself.

At least I commented directly to him, not like your passive aggressive, has me blocked but always referencing me tact.

Saying that the AVB gag that you have used repeatedly lately is unfunny is hardly ground breaking stuff, lots of people I'm sure agree it's tired and tested, yes that's tired not tried just for the record.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Sakho says 'WTF?'

AlyCissokho-pose130823G300.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

At least I commented directly to him, not like your passive aggressive, has me blocked but always referencing me tact.

Saying that the AVB gag that you have used repeatedly lately is unfunny is hardly ground breaking stuff, lots of people I'm sure agree it's tired and tested, yes that's tired not tried just for the record.

You 2 need to go and have breakfast together somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I was just going to quote your post so he could see it, but I forgot he has we blocked too :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Wish i knew how to use gifs and other such things. Would at least make for a level playing field. ;)

Ohhh, that's just a neutral bystander "oh ****" gif. Don't ever try them on a phone of you want to keep your blood pressure at a healthy level.

https://twitter.com/GraemeKelly1/status/649974200950722561

FSG just getting the Derby etc out of the way. Rodgers will go the week after. #LFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

brevity wrote: »

FSG just getting the Derby etc out of the way. Rodgers will go the week after. #LFC

Why would they wait?!?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Why would they wait?!?!

Common decency! That and the break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

brevity wrote: »

Who is Graeme Kelly? And why would he know?

I'm guessing the international break is an ideal time for Klopp to get to grips with the new job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

xabi wrote: »
    Who is Graeme Kelly? And why would he know?
    Reliable "itk" from my time following him anyways, cant imagining him posting that sort of info without any solid details.

Graeme Kelly used to be the main man in the F.A right?!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement