Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

You 2 need to go and have breakfast together somewhere.

fgks.gif

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

brevity wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/GraemeKelly1/status/649974200950722561

FSG just getting the Derby etc out of the way. Rodgers will go the week after. #LFC

Sounds like pure horsesh1t to me, although if we lose at the weekend and he is given the bullet that will enhance his ITK cred.

I like reading things like that on twitter, but I generally give it no creedance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

5starpool wrote: »
    Sounds like pure horsesh1t to me, although if we lose at the weekend and he is given the bullet that will enhance his ITK cred.

I like reading things like that on twitter, but I generally give it no creedance.

And if we win, he will obviously keep his job and the itk fella will say that the win against The Ev convinced them to stick with The Rod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Everyone on Twitter that fancies themselves as an ITK should have to have a Win Loss ratio on how much stuff they got right/wrong and a star rating based on such beside their name. Then we'd see a bit more selective twitterising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I can't wait to see the John W and Klopp walking down the street photo only to have Monk get the job the next day.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Everyone on Twitter that fancies themselves as an ITK should have to have a Win Loss ratio on how much stuff they got right/wrong and a star rating based on such beside their name. Then we'd see a bit more selective twitterising.

The best ITK on twitter is Moley. He will give you the inside scoop on the club while setting you up with a Dodgy-box from the back of a Toyota HiAce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Joe laying it on thick with the B-Rod stuff.

https://www.facebook.com/www.JOE.co.uk/videos/561103487387055/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

The best ITK on twitter is Moley. He will give you the inside scoop on the club while setting you up with a Dodgy-box from the back of a Toyota HiAce.

People who believe Moley and the like should have their internet connections removed. Surgically.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Joe laying it on thick with the B-Rod stuff.

https://www.facebook.com/www.JOE.co.uk/videos/561103487387055/

Some of it is humorous, but the fella who is in charge of Joe in the UK is a big Utd fan, and has a massive hard-on for Liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Joe.ie
    Lad Bible
    Uni Bible

They and any of their ilk go under the same banner for me. I call it "****".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Liverpool need to win on Sunday.

We havent beaten a decent team yet this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Knex. wrote: »
    If you were a glory hunting tourist, why the **** would you go to Anfield these days?

To see your team take away three points.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

mikeym wrote: »

And if we win on Sunday how is that different :rolleyes:

dogbert27 wrote: »
    The team that finishes with the most points wins the league. That is the only fact.

Unless it comes down to goal difference

If Rodgers does get sacked then a massive bonus about this (which should be enough to get a lot of people off the fence even!) is that the deluded Brendan account will stop getting airtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

And if we win on Sunday how is that different :rolleyes:

5th in the league is pretty much "decent" defined, no? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

mikeym wrote: »

We haven't lost to a decent side either this season.

What did you have for Breakfast :)

Well, I woke up this morning, I got myself a beer
    Well, I woke up this morning, and I got myself a beer
    The future's uncertain, and the end is always near

Let it roll, baby, roll
    All night long

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Sakho says 'WTF?'

AlyCissokho-pose130823G300.jpg

I genuinely didn't cope what was going on for a moment there. Them were the days.
    We're **** now, in every way; thread, posters, manager and team and heck even sponsors.
    When was the last time we got a new sponsor in that we could pin about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I genuinely didn't cope what was going on for a moment there. Them were the days.
    We're **** now, in every way; thread, posters, manager and team and heck even sponsors.
    When was the last time we got a new sponsor in that we could pin about.

It's only a blip on the road to glory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Dunkin donuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Came on to see if there was any news as just heard a rumour myself!

I have no way of vouching for the source and I'm posting this very much keeping in mind the "gossip" part of the thread.

But basically heard from a colleague that his brother-in-law's friend (i know) who has some ties at the club, says that Rodgers is finished.

Don't know what to think myself, jyst reporting what i heard. Take it or leave it

Morzadec wrote: »

I have no way of vouching for the source and I'm posting this very much keeping in mind the "gossip" part of the thread.

But basically heard from a colleague that his brother-in-law's friend (i know) who has some ties at the club, says that Rodgers is finished.

Don't know what to think myself, jyst reporting what i heard. Take it or leave it

Join twitter and tweet it and I'll believe it until then I'll take it with a grain of salt:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

image.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Easter Egg at 15 min mark :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

That Graham Kelly chap is usually very reliable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Brian-Fantana-60-of-the-time-it-works-every-time-Anchorman.gif

Easter Egg at 15 min mark :D

We're the hysteria! Top of the world, ma!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

None of the club will come out of this mess looking particularly rosy.

You shouldn't let a manager revamp the squad and backroom staff and then sack him in October. If he was a poor start away from being sacked, he should have been sacked in May.

More "joined up thinking" from the club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Is Boards being bonkers for anyone else this evening?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

brevity wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/GraemeKelly1/status/649974200950722561

FSG just getting the Derby etc out of the way. Rodgers will go the week after. #LFC
    What if we win?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Is Boards being bonkers for anyone else this evening?

It's been not working more than working the last few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Yeah, its gone all OwaynOTT on me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I don't see the problem, two points off of fourth and five points off of first. Golden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

What are the preferred formations of klopp, ancelloti and de beor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Bowlardo wrote: »

Is de Boer a 4-3-3 man?

One of my favourite things about Ancelotti is he picks formations which best suit the players at his disposal.
    He doesn't harp on about 3 or 5 year plans like communist Russia. Nor does he emphasise a philosophy. His philosophy seems to be to win games.

Not sure about Klopps preferred set up, but I think he likes playing with a DM. High intensity pressing is something he seems to place a lot of effort on going by some of his interviews.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Mad stuff, from a lad on the match thread on Irishkop.

http://www.irishkop.com/forums/index.php?threads/everton-v-lfc-4-10-15.25617/#post-977871
    1. Been doing some research into the last time Liverpool had no locally born players in their matchday squad for a derby game.

2. Got as far back as the mid 70s so enlisted the expert help of @ged0407 - if we're right the last time Liverpool faced Everton with no....

3. local players in their squad was January 1936. For what it's worth the game ended in a goalless draw & Joe Mercer played for Everton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Unless it comes down to goal difference

True, but that supports the argument that you need a solid defence as much as having a great attack as it's goal difference that is key, not goals scored.

Dub13 wrote: »

Ya it's mad. I think it was Tony Barrett that posted that on twitter not long ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Cheers, asked the question a few days ago.

Will Rossiter make the bench? Only local lad left I think. (I know, Flannagan is injured!)

• Advertisement

Ya it's mad. I think it was Tony Barrett that posted that on twitter not long ago.

How times have changed. I think you were saying a while ago that you want to do a few away's, fancy Switzerland in December..? A load from Irishkop going, still cheap flights.

Under-fire Brendan Rodgers perfect fit for England
    Matt Dickinson
    For the diminishing number of us whose first instinct is to see a bright talent in Brendan Rodgers rather than a figure to lampoon, there is ample reassurance to be found in Steven Gerrard’s new memoir.
    There may be fun to be had with @DeludedBrendan and the mocking tweets but, beyond the David Brent gags, the Rodgers who emerges from Gerrard’s book deserves to be taken seriously; a sharp tactician, a strong communicator, an astute improver of players.
    Sometimes he can get a little carried away and, as Gerrard notes, he is ambitious perhaps to the point of ruthlessness. But there emerges a portrait of an upwardly mobile manager who, if unwanted by Liverpool at the end of this season, would be very welcome in an England tracksuit as the successor to Roy Hodgson.
    According to those “sack race” odds that arrive in the inbox every Monday morning with an inappropriately cheery tone, Rodgers is nestled between Dick Advocaat and Steve McClaren on managerial death row. That is just bookie talk but it reflects an air of turbulence at Anfield compounded by last night’s struggles against Sion.
    We shall see what the season brings but if Fenway Sports Group really does think it can do better — though Jürgen Klopp and Carlo Ancelotti may find Liverpool an offer they can refuse given the difficult task of making the Champions League on the division’s fifth biggest revenues — then we can be sure that the FA hierarchy is tracking Rodgers’ fate with interest. Gareth Southgate’s stock took a plunge when the under-21s deeply disappointed last summer. Gary Neville would make an intriguing choice, and no one would doubt the certainty with which he would tackle the job.
    But Rodgers is the one with top-level coaching and managerial experience, a record of improving young players, especially English ones. Or, as he once said in one of those quotes that seem to polarise opinion: “My life’s work has been trying to show that British players can play.” There is a credible amount of evidence. The FA needs only speak to Jordan Henderson, Daniel Sturridge, Nathaniel Clyne, among others, about his coaching calibre.
    It can look at that Gerrard book, which does not set out to paint Rodgers as the finished article but, certainly, dispels the misleading notion of the Northern Irishman as a man full of bluster.
    I have heard Rodgers expound on his team-building ideas, on tactical theories and, in contrast to many managers, that time was an education. But do not take my word for it.
    Read Gerrard recount in compelling detail about when he went to see Rodgers because he felt off-form and could not fathom the problem. The speed with which his manager came back with detailed analysis about a lack of head movement, and how it was affecting the tempo of the captain’s passing game, is striking.
    There are plenty of stories from Gerrard of Rodgers’ ability to motivate as well as innovate. The book is littered with lines like “the training sessions were among the best I had ever experienced while his man-management was excellent, generous and imaginative”; “it needed a bold appointment from the owners — and I think they got it right with Brendan”; “Brendan came across as a nice man, and a good person, from the start”; “a very human man-manager”. Of course, there is some blunt criticism, too; a dubious signing or two and, most notably, a critique of that fateful, gung-ho approach against Chelsea with the title at stake fuelled by “an overconfidence in Brendan’s team talks” and not recognising the need to temper his boldness. Gerrard wishes that the arch pragmatist, Jose Mourinho, above anyone, had been his England manager but he has also noted that the aggressive Rodgers style might work well for the national team. A strategy built on outnumbering the opposition in midfield would aim to rid England of their most persistent failing.
    At 42, Rodgers has plenty of ambitions left at club level but Liverpool are unlikely to break into the top four and, if FSG does look elsewhere, it is hard to see how he pitches up in the Champions League. Arsenal may be a job he covets but it is not easy to see how that will fall to him any time soon.
    It may come to pass that the FA’s needs align with Rodgers’ if he is looking for work next summer. Gerrard can certainly see the logic by which perceived “failure” at Anfield works out well for England.
    http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/columnists/mattdickinson/article4573947.ece

Under-fire Brendan Rodgers perfect fit for England
    Matt Dickinson

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/columnists/mattdickinson/article4573947.ece

"Yes, Raheem, that's correct. You'll be at left-wing-back. It's not like it's your first time..."

How times have changed. I think you were saying a while ago that you want to do a few away's, fancy Switzerland in December..? A load from Irishkop going, still cheap flights.

I'm half tempted. Have you a few spares?

I'm half tempted. Have you a few spares?

I will find out, loads going and the ground only holds about 15,000 I think but always a few floating around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Bowlardo wrote: »

Winning
    Winning---Winning--Winning
    Winning---Winning-
    Winning
    Winning
    Winning-
    Winning

I will find out, loads going and the ground only holds about 15,000 I think but always a few floating around.

I'm far from a definite, but send me a PM here or elsewhere perhaps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

Winning
    Winning---Winning--Winning
    Winning---Winning-
    Winning
    Winning
    Winning-
    Winning

One up top?

SPOOFERS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Paul Joyce has just dropped the bomb.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/609574/Brendan-Rodgers-not-worried-about-job-Liverpool-lose-Everton
    The Liverpool manager’s embattled position is set to be scrutinised by owners Fenway Sports Group at the start of the next week's international break with Jurgen Klopp and Carlo Ancelotti alternative options for the hot-seat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Too much being mentioned about Rodgers tbh. Lets juts hope we can somehow get a win because then our start in the league would be ok.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement