Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

mudstack wrote: »
    Respond if you want, it's a public forum after all.

No interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

5starpool wrote: »
    They'll still finish comfortably ahead of us, at least 10 points I reckon.
    One bad month.. Highly probable that they will still finish 2nd.

ostrich2-585x585.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Mr.H wrote: »
    ostrich2-585x585.jpg

I don't get it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Oh, he said something about ostriches it seems. Can't wait to see this interview :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭mudstack

NukaCola wrote: »
    No interest.

No decent argument...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

We'll still lose to Chelsea won't we?

No decent argument...

On what?

On what?

You can't remember anyone not giving us a chance of finishing in top 5, yet we had finished outside the top 5 for the four previous seasons.

Of course finishing 2nd when not expected finish in top 4 blew expectations out of proportion.

I reckon there must have been a few not expecting us to finish in top 5 whether you remember it or not is irrelevant, fact is it was unexpected.

You wrote off last season yet you are judging him on last season...

You think he should go which is fine. I understand your view but don't agree with it.
    I think he should be given the season as there's no point letting him buy players and then bring someone else in and expect miracles.

You don't have to agree with me but I have no interest in reading you contradicting yourself.

You can't remember anyone not giving us a chance of finishing in top 5, yet we had finished outside the top 5 for the four previous seasons.

I said a lot of people would have expected to challenge for top 4/5 despite earlier seasons. BR had his year of settling in. Suarez was scoring. Sturridge had settled in lovely for the second season.
    Of course finishing 2nd when not expected finish in top 4 blew expectations out of proportion.

My expectations of last season was challenge for top 4 which we didn't. I wouldn't call those expectations out of proportion.
    I reckon there must have been a few not expecting us to finish in top 5 whether you remember it or not is irrelevant, fact is it was unexpected.

I'm sure there was. I never said otherwise. As I'm sure there were many expecting a top 5 finish as I already stated.
    You wrote off last season yet you are judging him on last season...

I wrote off last seasons finish due to what we had done in his second season. I thought that maybe it was just one bad season. However we have continued this season the same way. Write off doesn't mean I completely forgot what happened, just that I didn't necessarily want him replaced at the time.
    You think he should go which is fine. I understand your view but don't agree with it. I think he should be given the season as there's no point letting him buy players and then bring someone else in and expect miracles.

You don't have to agree with me but I have no interest in reading you contradicting yourself.

I'm not contradicting myself at all, your just not getting what I'm saying for whatever reason.

I dont want to get into a debate why I want him gone because I posted them enough already. Bottom line is I think he's a good coach but I dont think he'll get us to where we need to be.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Us finishing where we did in recent seasons (apart from the obvious) was as a result of us underachieving, not of us finishing where we should have based on our squads and money spent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

The new fella reminds me of someone. Can't put my finger on it yet.

I said a lot of people would have expected to challenge for top 4/5 despite earlier seasons. BR had his year of settling in. Suarez was scoring. Sturridge had settled in lovely for the second season.

My expectations of last season was challenge for top 4 which we didn't. I wouldn't call those expectations out of proportion.

I'm sure there was. I never said otherwise. As I'm sure there were many expecting a top 5 finish as I already stated.

I wrote off last seasons finish due to what we had done in his second season. I thought that maybe it was just one bad season. However we have continued this season the same way. Write off doesn't mean I completely forgot what happened, just that I didn't necessarily want him replaced at the time.

I'm not contradicting myself at all, your just not getting what I'm saying for whatever reason.

I dont want to get into a debate why I want him gone because I posted them enough already. Bottom line is I think he's a good coach but I dont think he'll get us to where we need to be.

I didn't say everyone expected us to finish outside top 5. I said because we finished outside the top 5 the previous four seasons it was unexpected for us to nearly win the league.
    Your right though, Rodgers had us playing well the second half of the season before.

We're only 7 games in.

I never said top 4 was out of proportion but neither was finishing outside of top 4 out of proportion but because we nearly won the league the season before it was for some. These were my original points and valid ones.

Stop arguing for the sake of trying to be right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Turtyturd wrote: »
    We'll still lose to Chelsea won't we?

"Pulling an Arsenal", I believe the term goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

People go on about having four teams ahead of us that earn and spend more than us so we are not doing too badly finishing 5th. Well I've no problem if we lose to the Manchester clubs, Chelsea and Arsenal as long as we play our best and put up a fight. My problem is losing to the teams that have nowhere near Liverpools spending power. Which is happening week in, week out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Is stop arguing the new stop lying?

Stop arguing for the sake of trying to be right.

I'm not asking you to quote my posts to respond to you am I? :pac:

We'll leave it there so.....

There is a pattern all right.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

mav79 wrote: »
    People go on about having four teams ahead of us that earn and spend more than us so we are not doing too badly finishing 5th. Well I've no problem if we lose to the Manchester clubs, Chelsea and Arsenal as long as we play our best and put up a fight. My problem is losing to the teams that have nowhere near Liverpools spending power. Which is happening week in, week out.

It has happened once this season.

I'm not asking you to quote my posts to respond to you am I? :pac:

We'll leave it there so.....

billo-15-752x501.jpg

• Advertisement

"I wish I’d met Brendan when I was 24 because I think I’d be sitting here talking about a lot of titles that we’d won together. The reality is, Brendan came into this club when I was 32 years of age and it's a shame that relationship didn’t start 10 years ago." - Stevie G

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

"I wish I’d met Brendan when I was 24 because I think I’d be sitting here talking about a lot of titles that we’d won together. The reality is, Brendan came into this club when I was 32 years of age and it's a shame that relationship didn’t start 10 years ago." - Stevie G

I'm convinced.

Hmm
    "I've never been able to say this in public before but I was seriously concerned that we thought we could blow Chelsea away," Gerrard said in his new autobiography 'My Story'.

"I sensed an over-confidence in Brendan's team talks. We played into Chelsea's hands. I feared it then and I know it now."

He's not lying, just forgetful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I'll start withe the good news. Coz it's shorter.

Jon Flanagan is back training with the first team. Apparently, his knee had to be opened up because no type of scan could tell if it was healing properly. It was but the op delayed his return. He is expected to be fit to appear after the international break.

Now the bad news. Not one person I talked to over thinks Rodgers should stay. Even if missing a 'proper' striker last season was to be used in his defense, he has had most of this season to settle the team and get them playing football and it patently isn't working.

I say that as a supporter of Rodgers appointment but his time has passed. Any more delays will hamper a replacements chances of getting us back on track.

Every person we talked to over was saying the exact same thing. The empty seats at the Sion game is testimony to how the fans are reacting. Huge swaths of empty seats. Never in my years going to Anfield have I seen so many empty seats and talk of handing back season tickets, not just by supporters in their 20s but lads in their 50s and 60s as well.

We wandered up to Anfield on Friday to get a better look at the new stand and were talking to a few working there in different places and all were as despondent as I have ever seen, worse even than G&H days and their jobs on the line.

For the first time ever in Anfield, I heard staff openly criticise the manager. Nobody seems to have an idea of what he is trying to do and seriously doubt that he has the ability to turn it around.

It's one thing to play poor football but get results or play great football and not get the result deserved but everybody feels that the team is getting exactly the results deserved.

No shape. No width. No penetration. No progress. No consistency. No hope. That's the hardest to take, the absolute lack of hope by anyone we talked to that any improvement would take place.

Special mention to the Sion fans, walking in front of them some of the way to Anfield and for 95 minutes of the game, they never stopped singing. And great lads for a bit of craic after as well. 10/10:)

I'll start withe the good news. Coz it's shorter.

Now the bad news. Not one person I talked to over thinks Rodgers should stay. Even if missing a 'proper' striker last season was to be used in his defense, he has had most of this season to settle the team and get them playing football and it patently isn't working.

10/10:)

The season is 7 games old...

Great news on Flanagan though.

• Advertisement

Hmm

And yet he still wishes he had been there when he was in his prime.

Reading threads on boards is hard work the last few days, but it's annoying tonight especially when I refresh the page and find out it's on page 155 instead of 157.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

The season is 7 games old...

Great news on Flanagan though.

It'll be even better news when Rodgers gets his P45.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

It'll be even better news when Rodgers gets his P45.

How would that be relevant to Flannos injury?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Love Gerrard for what he has done, but this autobiography just came far too soon.

• Advertisement

About 20% of the league games gone.

At what % do you think we can get an accurate assessment of where the season is likely to go?

100%

Rodgers out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,490 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Every person we talked to over was saying the exact same thing. The empty seats at the Sion game is testimony to how the fans are reacting. Huge swaths of empty seats. Never in my years going to Anfield have I seen so many empty seats and talk of handing back season tickets, not just by supporters in their 20s but lads in their 50s and 60s as well.

We wandered up to Anfield on Friday to get a better look at the new stand and were talking to a few working there in different places and all were as despondent as I have ever seen, worse even than G&H days and their jobs on the line.

For the first time ever in Anfield, I heard staff openly criticise the manager. Nobody seems to have an idea of what he is trying to do and seriously doubt that he has the ability to turn it around.

I'm beginning to think Rodgers is right, there is an unjust over reaction to our league games so far. I can't judge us in Europa league when we play 2nd string.
    Stoke:we were great and a 0-0 would have been fine

Arsenal: We should of won game by half time but for our finishing, great control in 2nd just like Stoke game.

West Ham: That is where the over reaction begins and people start to panic. It was a freak result, we did dominate that game but were hit on break. I think it was 3 shots on target and 3 goals for West ham.

Man U : What a game to follow a bad result, we usually lose there anyway. The way we played was wrong, but we out played them once we went behind and could have been 1-3 ahead when Gomez gifted them the game. Our poor finishing in the period after they score let us down, again.

Norwich: Very much like the Villa game, we should of won 5-1. A freak goal by Norwich gets them the point. We played ok though.

Villa: Best we played . If that is to continue then happy days. It should of been 6-2. Finally 1.5 years later we have functional strikers.

Away to Everton, Spurs, and Chelsea in next 4 games. We knew before a ball was kicked that this was the toughest start to a season we have ever seen. We are suppose to have our new players all working and gelled together by now, not the way it works. Need to ride out this storm and wait for the clouds to break. Rodgers needs till January .

How would that be relevant to Flannos injury?

Where did I say it was?

He said "good news" and I said "even better news".

Fairly simple,no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Klopp is the manager we need to sign. I really hope we get him but as always with Liverpool I'm prepared to be disappointed.

I go away for 2 days and youse managed to totally fcuk up the site!

Yez are some shower....;)

About 20% of the league games gone.

At what % do you think we can get an accurate assessment of where the season is likely to go?

Not after 7 of 38 games and we're 4 points off our target, that's for sure.

I go away for 2 days and youse managed to totally fcuk up the site!

Yez are some shower....;)

Worst fans in the world.

Hey Smokey did you catch the Bandit when you were in Liverpool?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,490 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Where does it leave us if we beat Everton and play well doing it? Should we throw a good manager to the kerb and try the sound a horse makes when walking on a road?

• Advertisement

Everton away
    Spurs away
    Southampton home
    Chelsea away

Next 4 league games.

Tough

Hey Smokey did you catch the Bandit when you were in Liverpool?
    Rumour has it that said bandit will be in custody early next week, during the international break, and an eye should be kept out for a more accomplished replacement. From just a bit to the east of the country he is currently in, by all accounts. Not as far east as some would like though.

Lots of rumours like that going around, though:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

**** OFF PAGE 155:mad:

This forum is like watching back to the future. I'm back at page 155 again.

It's just the power of love

brevity wrote: »
    **** OFF PAGE 155:MAD:

Yeah,enough is enough...I'm done with it.

See ye tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Yeah,enough is enough...I'm done with it.

See ye tomorrow.

Omnibus repeat mode is on show.
    its getting as confusing as a Rodgers selection and positioning policy

Where did I say it was?

He said "good news" and I said "even better news".

Fairly simple,no?

He said great news on Flanno injury

You said it'll be even better news when Rodgers gets his p45

Thus saying the flanno news would be made better by Rodgers getting sacked.

Unless what you're saying is completely unrelated to flannos injury, well then I'm not sure why you quoted him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Real Sociedad were beaten again today. Imagine that this should mean that Moysie is going to be freed up pretty soon.

Sterling might get a bit of bench time now, hooked at half time today and they go on to smash Newcastle, it'll be a dent to his ego no doubt, let's see how he reacts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Good that Flanno is back but I cant see him breaking into the first team.

A lot of fans have lost patience in Rodgers.

We score the first goal but then we leak in a goal and we have no answer.

Our defense is rubbish Jittery Sakho, Lousy Lovern and Skrtel isnt playing his best football.

Lukaku is going to run the defense ragged tomorrow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement