Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Very Poor second half from both teams. With the players Everton were missing we should at least be pressing more for the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Sturridge was shocking, as was Coutinho. How they both stayed on I'll never know. Milner can be good at times but the amount of times he gives the ball away is ridiculous. Apart from the **** up for the goal, Can did well. Ings worked hard and should have stayed on instead of Sturridge. So frustrating watching this team. The Ev are no great shakes and they had a patched together defence today; really should be taking advantage of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

I haven't commented about him in a few days but continue beating that drum.

A pre-emptive attack on his critics is patently a defence of him. And please, please, please would you not do violence to all logic and reason and the English language with an embarrassing attempt to argue otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

We showed great character lads, that's all that matters.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

corwill wrote: »
    A pre-emptive attack on his critics is patently a defence of him. And please, please, please would you not do violence to all logic and reason and the English language with an embarrassing attempt to argue otherwise.

I will be neither attacking nor defending the manager. I've said my piece and have no more to say on the matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

So Sturridge was afraid to go in for tackles last week in case he got injured.

Afraid to get involved at all this week.

Afraid to show up at the stadium next week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Let sleeping dogs lie FFS.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

I haven't commented about him in a few days but continue beating that drum.

What drum?

You're the one looking for attention with that comment. I don't for a second buy it btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

Ings is turning out to be a pretty astute signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

A draw at Everton isn't a bad result in isolation for virtually any club in the league. We didn't really trouble the Everton defence enough though considering they had two kids at full-back and no Stones either. Our midfield is crap. Especially without Henderson there and Coutinho having a poor game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Sturridge was poor but everyone should get off his back, without him we're shyte, he's coming back from a long term injury.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    What drum?

You're the one looking for attention with that comment. I don't for a second buy it btw.

Looking for attention? I'm not a 15 year old girl. Merely pre-empting the obvious posts which were/are on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭S. Goodspeed

Can't remember the last time we controlled a game against a decent team. Hard to think of a time under Rodgers actually. That was fine in 13/14 when there was pace and skill upfront to score from nothing but it's simply not workable now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

The Sky panel are putting all the blame on Moreno for Evertons goal and I dont even think they mentioned Emre.

Looking for attention? I'm not a 15 year old girl. Merely pre-empting the obvious posts which were/are on the way.

Ok, well done on the pre-empting. :confused:

A draw at Everton isn't a bad result in isolation for virtually any club in the league. We didn't really trouble the Everton defence enough though considering they had two kids at full-back and no Stones either. Our midfield is crap. Especially without Henderson there and Coutinho having a poor game.

Those 2 kids at fullback have incredible potential, certainly not the weak links they were being made out to be. If Everton can get a decent replacement for Jagielka over the next couple of years they will have an excellent defence for years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Mig telling Lukaku to just leave now before Sakho kills him

CQerlpaWgAAr7Mf.jpg

Now that is the face of a captain.

Sakho for captain.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    The Sky panel are putting all the blame on Moreno for Evertons goal and I dont even think they mentioned Emre.

He tends to escape quite a bit of criticism

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

The result wont sway the masses back towards Rodgers, but it'll probably slow the pressure down a little. I'd love to watch a good performance from us sometime soon.

• Advertisement

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Ok, well done on the pre-empting. :confused:

Well done on making stuff up about me defending Rodgers :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭mudstack

Everton a tough place to go.
    Team showed great fight today and dominated the first half against an inform Everton and kept them out the second half.

Can needs to cut out those ridiculous clearances and late challenges if he wants the responsibility of being our defensive midfielder.

What a signing by Rodgers Ings is turning out to be.

Coutinho and Sturridge not at it today.

4 out of the last 6, good going, team starting to gel.

Mig telling Lukaku to just leave now before Sakho kills him

CQerlpaWgAAr7Mf.jpg

Solidarity

rodgers1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Thought Can actually played well in the 2nd half but yeah a bad mistake for the goal.

Sorry, must have mixed you up with someone else..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

One win in nine and no sign of real improvement. Time's got to be up for Brendan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Milner apart from running around is very poor in midfield. Henderson is a huge loss. If we get a new manager soon id expect Milner to be dropped & be used as a squad player. How we made him vice captain & one our top earners I don't know.

One win in nine and no sign of real improvement. Time's got to be up for Brendan.

He'll trundle on I'd say. Once he keeps us up he's probably safe!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

You're gas with these.

You know nobody else looks at them and thinks, "Ha! Caovyn caught him out there, the clever fecker!".

You opened the discussion by going, "rodgers out, rabble rabble", what exactly do you think that applies, aside from you putting down the Rodgers out campaign?

You're so obtuse for no reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Rodgers out rabble rabble rabble

What should it be so? "Rodgers out. Rabble Rabble Rabble......oh wait we drew with Everton.....Rodgers in rabble rabble rabble'".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Overall you have to be happy with a point away in a derby match but I'd disappointed with goal we gave away and the lack of attack in second half.

Blame Rodgers all you want but that 'clearance' by Can was pathetic and defender or not he should know not to clear a ball by kicking along the goal.

However, Rodgers needs to learn that his team will never be good or successful with a poor defence.
    Season 13/14 he got away with it a bit as the attack was so potent, although poor defending ultimately cost us the title, but that attack is not there anymore so defence needs to be strong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The run of games since defeat at Man Utd

1-1 Bordeaux
    1-1 Norwich
    1-1 Carlisle
    3-2 Villa
    1-1 Sion
    1-1 Everton

In each of the drawn games Liverpool has opened the scoring and has been pegged back within 15 mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Rodgers wasn't good enough to manage Liverpool before that game and after it he's still not good enough.

1-1 Bordeaux
    1-1 Norwich
    1-1 Carlisle
    3-2 Villa
    1-1 Sion
    1-1 Everton

In each of the drawn games Liverpool has opened the scoring and has been pegged back within 15 mins.

Unbeaten!! Yeaeoooowwwww!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

1-1 Bordeaux
    1-1 Norwich
    1-1 Carlisle
    3-2 Villa
    1-1 Sion
    1-1 Everton

The glimmer of hope that we'd build something since Sakho and Moreno have come back in has well and truly fizzled out again.

We just cannot help sabotaging ourselves and can't build any momentum, even if we have flashes of decent play.

And you can't see it improving in the next few games.

Rodgers wasn't good enough to manage Liverpool before that game and after it he's still not good enough.

Exactly. It's not like opinion is going to change on a match to match basis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭mudstack

Knex. wrote: »
    You're gas with these.

You know nobody else looks at them and thinks, "Ha! Caovyn caught him out there, the clever fecker!".

You opened the discussion by going, "rodgers out, rabble rabble", what exactly do you think that applies, aside from you putting down the Rodgers out campaign?

I think he's mocking the ridiculous whinging and crying from the majority of posters on this thread.

That wasn't a bad performance or a bad result and it was off the back of a win in our last prem game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

1-1 Bordeaux
    1-1 Norwich
    1-1 Carlisle
    3-2 Villa
    1-1 Sion
    1-1 Everton

That a pathetic set of results , and the performances are just as bad. Writing is going up on the wall

You're gas with these.

I'm not trying to catch anyone out with anything, stop taking the Internet so seriously.

Someone better let Sturridge know the game is over where ever he was hiding he might not know yet.

Our midfield was non existant.

Not Sturridge's fault really.

He was kept on because he's the only one you'd trust to actually put a chance away if it came to him.

We just weren't good enough today to give him any.

Especially 2nd half we were utterly atrocious going forward.

monkey9 wrote: »
    What should it be so? "Rodgers out. Rabble Rabble Rabble......oh wait we drew with Everton.....Rodgers in rabble rabble rabble'".

Here's a feckin mental idea.

Discuss the game?????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I'm not trying to catch anyone out with anything, stop taking the Internet so seriously.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Here's a feckin mental idea.

Discuss the game?????

You're the one who said "Rodgers out, rabble rabble" for fcuk sake get a grip.

mudstack wrote: »
    I think he's mocking the ridiculous whinging and crying from the majority of posters on this thread.

That wasn't a bad performance or a bad result and it was off the back of a win in our last prem game.

It mighn't be a terrible result in general, but if you throw points away against poor teams to have to make them up against better ones.
    Not to mention that Rodgers is one bollock-hair away from getting binned and if he can't make a statement at some stage then that's it for him.

And the performance was bad. 2nd half we were atrocious going forward.
    Just because Everton were **** as well doesn't make us any less poor.

:pac:

I don't get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

It was great to see the fight and passion from certain players today, it really got the blood flowing. It meant from a game I was fairly in different about I got right behind us with real passion. I still can't wait till he is gone. Watching the warrior in Sakho today all I could think was how disgracefully he has been treated at times. We have the bones of a great squad for the incoming manager.

Gbear wrote: »
    It mighn't be a terrible result in general, but if you throw points away against poor teams to have to make them up against better ones.
    Not to mention that Rodgers is one bollock-hair away from getting binned and if he can't make a statement at some stage then that's it for him.

And the performance was bad. 2nd half we were atrocious going forward.
    Just because Everton were **** as well doesn't make us any less poor.

If Can doesn't make that ridiculous mistake then Everton would have had to attack more in the 2nd half which in turn would obviously have left more space for us up front and we would most likely have had an easy victory. A lot of ifs and buts there but a mistake like that is absolutely criminal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

There was something really lacking from that performance....hard to pinpoint it exactly imho but seems to be a complete lack of belief\confidence in the squad....never looked like we were going to win at any stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

When every game comes down to an individual error then there's a bigger problem. Every player we introduce into our defence suddenly becomes prone to errors, it's been going on since Rodgers joined the club. Can't use it as an excuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Sakho is boss!

37/38 passes completed
    100% tackles won
    75% headers won
    7 clearances
    1 block

Oh yeah I forgot sakho can't pass

• Advertisement

It was great to see the fight and passion from certain players today, it really got the blood flowing. It meant from a game I was fairly in different about I got right behind us with real passion. I still can't wait till he is gone. Watching the warrior in Sakho today all I could think was how disgracefully he has been treated at times. We have the bones of a great squad for the incoming manager.

Absolutely. We do have a decent squad there. It's not league title winning stuff, but decent all the same. The new manager may even be able to make a tweak here and there in January as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement