Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Good news everyone!
    back in the year the club came second, the good form coincided with my drug taking due to my broken foot.
    Well a tree fell on my hand today and I think it's ****ed. So maybe a bit of form is coming.
    Also on the bad side it's a pain to type one handed with my bad hand.

Is it your "good " hand ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

I don't want to start an argument and if I'm honest, I'm not even expecting a proper reply but I have to ask. What are your expectations at the start of every season? Not hopes, I mean expectations.

I have no interest in discussing the comments by Rodgers, I just want to know what people expect of the club.

I expect us to at least have good performances for the majority of the season. I expect us to, at the very least, give a good challenge for 4th spot. I also expect us to go on a good run in Europe and challenge for a domestic cup.

Last year we were sh*te for 75-80% of the season. Despite coming close to United in the end, we never really challenged them despite their average-ness. We were crap in Europe from start to finish and even though we got to a semi-final in the FA Cup, we lost to Aston f*cking Villa who were nearly relegated, and will be in the same fight this season.

This season we've been poor so far. Even though we're close to 4th, I fully expect United to pull away and Chelsea to get their act together and leave us in the dust. I also can't see us winning a domestic cup and I wouldn't at all be surprised if we don't make it out of our group in Europe or get knocked out in the next round.

The point is, under Rodgers, our expectations have gotten lower and lower each passing season. Before, I expected us to reach 4th, win a cup and do well in Europe. If Rodgers stays on for another few seasons I think a Europa League spot and a cup run will be the best we can hope for from a season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Please let this Kelly guy be right. Rodgers will do well at a Villa or Norwich where expectations are low and having the odd stand out season will be acceptable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Good news everyone!
    back in the year the club came second, the good form coincided with my drug taking due to my broken foot.
    Well a tree fell on my hand today and I think it's ****ed. So maybe a bit of form is coming.
    Also on the bad side it's a pain to type one handed with my bad hand.

How did a tree fall on your hand?

It going to be even more of pain when you're lying bored in bed tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Some folks like pain when lying in bed:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Rodgers saying we were clearly the better team. Were we?

I thought 1-1 was about right, but that if either team were a bit disappointed it would have been Everton. Mignolet made two world class saves.

I thought we did okay today. And the result is a fine one against a tough Everton team. So no complaints.

But it does seems that Rodgers sees things through red tinted glasses. Can he make the neccessary changes and can he set a standard of excellence when he keeps viewing decent performances as "outstanding"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Will you all stop replying to him. If it like some people have amnesia on this thread. He has no interest in your reply or a proper debate. Why do you keep engaging with him? For the sake of the thread just ignore him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

brevity wrote: »

and who is he when he is at home. Anyhow, Rodgers is obviously gone, the question is how soon.

brevity wrote: »

Who is this guy?

Is he a journo or something?

• Advertisement

and who is he when he is at home. Anyhow, Rodgers is obviously gone, the question is how soon.
    rarnes1 wrote: »
    Who is this guy?

Is he a journo or something?

All the Liverpool Twitter ITK's claim that Kelly is the one legit source for stuff like this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

That's a shocking quote from him. Jaysus.

I don't usually care about what he says, but that one is a little much.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

I expect us to at least have good performances for the majority of the season. I also expect us to, at the very least, give a good challenge for 4th spot. I also expect us to go on a good run in Europe and challenge for a domestic cup.

Last year we were sh*te for 75-80% of the season. Despite coming close to United in the end, we never really challenged them despite their average-ness. We were crap in Europe from start to finish and even though we got to a semi-final in the FA Cup, we lost to Aston f*cking Villa who were nearly relegated, and will be in the same fight this season.

This season we've been poor so far. Even though we're close to 4th, I fully expect United to pull away and Chelsea to get their act together and leave us in the dust. I also can't see us winning a domestic cup and I wouldn't at all be surprised if we don't make it out of our group in Europe or get knocked out in the next round.

The point is, under Rodgers, our expectations have gotten lower and lower each passing season. Before, I expected us to reach 4th, win a cup and do well in Europe. If Rodgers stays on for another few seasons I think a Europa League spot and a cup run will be the best we can hope for from a season.

A fantastic, well written post. See, if everyone with an issue with the manager did things like this then there would be no issues from me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Is it your "good " hand ?

Vry predictable but yes it's my good hand. Devastating but then I have assisted help.

I was trying to tie a rope on it, was thinking I might have need of one of our form continues.

Vry predictable but yes it's my good hand. Devastating but then I have assisted help.

Funnily enough I was more thinking of this guy

resized_bitches-be-like-meme-generator-take-my-good-hand-3907ad.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

The floor is now open for people to tell Caovyn how to post so nobody has an issue with him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

That Kelly fella better be right for his won own sake.

A fantastic, well written post. See, if everyone with an issue with the manager did things like this then there would be no issues from me.

I'm pretty sure someone has laid this out to you in some form or another in the past 6 months but you probably just batted it off as 'typical anti-Rodgers nonsense' or something along those lines.

Maybe if you posted with less arrogance and aggression, people wouldn't mind discussing Rodgers and his failings with you. But unfortunately you seem to prefer cheap soundbites and digs at everyone else as it's easier to deflect from the point rather than respond to the arguments posed to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Turtyturd wrote: »
    The floor is now open for people to tell Caovyn how to post so nobody has an issue with him.

Talk about wazzing into a barrel of sawdust.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

HDcbZJT.jpg

• Advertisement

HDcbZJT.jpg

The win was Utd away I take it.

Awful record

It's breaking on twitter. He's gone lads

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/195175-liverpool-fc-part-company-with-brendan-rodgers
    Liverpool Football Club has announced that Brendan Rodgers will leave his post with immediate effect after having his contract terminated. The process to appoint a new manager is underway.

The Northern Irishman joined Liverpool FC in June 2012 and helped the club mount a memorable title challenge in his second season, as well as helping to develop many exciting young players. LFC's ownership have paid tribute and thanked Rodgers for his contribution.

In a joint Fenway Sports Group statement, Principal Owner John W Henry, Chairman Tom Werner and President Mike Gordon said:

“We would like to place on record our sincere thanks to Brendan Rodgers for the significant contribution he has made to the club and express our gratitude for his hard work and commitment.

“All of us have experienced some wonderful moments with Brendan as manager and we are confident he will enjoy a long career in the game.

“Although this has been a difficult decision, we believe it provides us with the best opportunity for success on the pitch. Ambition and winning are at the heart of what we want to bring to Liverpool and we believe this change gives us the best opportunity to deliver it.
    “The search for a new manager is underway and we hope to make an appointment in a decisive and timely manner.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Announced on Sky. It's official. Hes gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

It's breaking on twitter. He's gone lads
    Just announced it on the post match waffle on Sky as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Just saw it.

Well done to Graeme Kelly.

He's gone. On SkySports now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Yup on Sky, he's sacked

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Carragher saying it correctly, should have gone in the summer, not a new manager could have gotten his players in rather than now having Rodgers players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Sad it didn't work out, glad he's gone, now we absolutely have to get it right. Klopp in!

I'm pretty sure someone has laid this out to you in some form or another in the past 6 months but you probably just batted it off as 'typical anti-Rodgers nonsense' or something along those lines.

Maybe if you posted with less arrogance and aggression, people wouldn't mind discussing Rodgers and his failings with you. But unfortunately you seem to prefer cheap soundbites and digs at everyone else as it's easier to deflect from the point rather than respond to the arguments posed to you.

Nope, when people put forward proper posts like yours I have absolutely no issues discussing it.

It's when people arrive, post "rodgers out" and nothing else that I have a problem with.

• Advertisement

It'll never happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Klop out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Wow, didn't expect it today but he did look very despondent in the interview.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Respect to Brendan for trying his best and having us playing some unreal football in 13/14, but his time has gone and it's time for change. Best of luck to him in the future, he's young and has a lot to learn yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

A relief. Best of luck to Rodgers but for the sake of the club a change in management has been too long in coming. Now FSG better not fcuk up this next appointment and look at the support structures in the background and ensure those making football decisions are football people, not just execs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Onwards and upwards. Hope we're not left waiting too long for the new man to come in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

So interesting to see who fSG appoint next.

Will it be a klopp or a Monk??

Aw, now what are we all gonna disagree about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

They must have Klopp lined up as they have moved so quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Correct decision

Should have gone after the Stoke game in reality

This appointment now is hugely important, needs to unite the fans and get a winner onboard

Every effort should be made to get Klopp obviously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Genuinely wish Rodgers the best in his future roles, but it was clear for a while now that a change was needed at Liverpool.

He seems like a decent guy, so hopefully this doesn't effect him too much.

Really hope FSG have the background work done on a new manager and it will be appointed soon.

• Advertisement

Dick Advocaat quits the same day the Liverpool job comes available Hmmmm

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,275 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Twas timne he went, last summer would have been better.
    Klopp obviously first choice, De Boer a second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Confirmed officially?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Very surprised with that.

I know he's an avid reader of the LFC super-thread, Thanks Brod for the 12/13 season and the Best of luck for the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement