Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Jon Stark wrote: »
    Confirmed officially?

Confirmed be me one the previous page;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Just saw it.

Well done to Graeme Kelly.

Ahem, cough cough ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

murpho999 wrote: »
    Wow, didn't expect it today but he did look very despondent in the interview.

I thought he was out after todays game did not think it would happen so quick maybe tomorrow or Monday. I say they probably have a manager sorted which will be known by Tuesday I say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Damien360

Jon Stark wrote: »
    Confirmed officially?

Yes. Statement on LFC site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Our board showed great character today, the sacking was outstanding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Our year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Kr7324n

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

The time was right, I wish him all the best, seems a very nice guy and steered us to the best league season of my memory, Im very grateful for that, shame all the abuse he has got over the years, hopefully Klopp,Ancellotti or DeBoer come in, anything else will be underwhelming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

#KopForTheKlopp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Wish the guy all the best. had one great year it was fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

And the thread goes BOOM! :-)

Cheerio Brendan, thanks for the fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Klopp would be my first choice anyway.

Has the personality and oassiin to kick start our season. I believe there's a decent squad there. Chelsea faltering.

Top 4 there for the taking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Amazing to thing that's only 15 months , May 2014 since he almost won the league. Things move fast in football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Dick Advocaat quits the same day the Liverpool job comes available Hmmmm

I backed Rodgers to be the next manager to go on the strength of those tweets from that Kelly fellow. Advocaat you bastard :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Sad that rodgers is gone.
    I have supported him from the get go.
    The owners should have made the change in the summer not give him money to buy players.
    What now Klopp et al come in and say I don't want this player or that player
    I'm sure lots of ppl here happy that he is gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Only 3 points off 4th. Hopefully we get a coach who can get us to challenge for 4th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Glad for the club he is gone. But i wish him all the best, he seems like a nice fella, and a half decent manager, he just wasnt cut out for the Liverpool job.

Really hope we get Ancelotti now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

murpho999 wrote: »
    Amazing to thing that's only 15 months , May 2014 since he almost won the league. Things move fast in football.

Things have moved a lot faster than this. Di Mateo won a Champions League and was sacked a few weeks later. Ancellotti won a league and was also sacked.

Some might complain that FSG caved in too quickly, but they gave Brendan more than enough time and chances to prove himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

I don't know how Brendan Rodgers kept his job at the end of last season. Did not dislike the guy but he had to go. Must have a new manager lined up.

• Advertisement

Morzadec wrote: »
    Ahem, cough cough ;)

Who is Graeme Kelly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ancelotti I would guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

He can't have any complaints really.

Since the summer he was on borrowed time. You can argue about the call but FSG decided to give him the chance to prove himself.

We had to be good. We had to settle. We had to get results.
    While things haven't gone disastrously and unfixably wrong yet, It hasn't come together in a way that would make you really trust that Rodgers could make us tick again.

Having made the decision to keep him, now was probably a reasonable pit stop for the season in which to change things.

Good luck to him. I've never felt a buzz for so long and really believed in this club like we did in 2013/14 and you'd want to be a genuine moron to not give Rodgers any credit for that season.
    It's been a dreary 6 or 7 years but 2013/14 will be a shining exception I'll remember my whole life.

We've put a fairly good squad together now as well - I don't think it needs major surgery, although of course they'll want to tinker here and there, play favourites and move players in and out to suit their system.

Rodgers seems like a good coach with some good ideas and if the right players can come together he has the capacity to make something special happen, but I think we probably need someone who's more of a grafter, more savy and more cynical (in a good way).
    We can't afford to be a team that "gives it a go" any more. We're not here to get an award for participation so we need someone to grind things out a bit.

We're a cup team now, and despite not being hugely optimistic about another manager genuinely turning us into a proper CL-level outfit with the level of competition we face, other than Brendan's pay off I don't think we lose much by trying someone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭mudstack

I hope it's ancelotti. Crazy by the owners to allow him to spend money and sack him 8 games in.

Had a feeling it was coming judging by his comments last couple of weeks.

Wish him all the best in the future, he brought us my favourite premier league campaign yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Imagine if this happened yesterday when Boards was absolutely fecked. It would have burned to the ground.

• Advertisement

Any reason to touch the great Carragher:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

FSG have money on Advocaat going first?

Word for L39 is that its Ancelotti.

FSG were warned off Klopp by Rodgers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

I'm strangely a little bit sad that he didn't or couldn't turn it around, it is for the best of the club I guess. I just hope that FSG have a very credible replacement ready to take over immediately and not some yes man who is happy with the status of being Liverpool manager whilst not getting backing in the transfer market.

We have a very good squad to work with, and Rodgers rightly deserves credit for building that and taking us forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Position had become untenable, tis a shame after 13/14 but it had to be done. I wish him all the best.

Despite our poorly managed performances we still have a good squad and are in a decent position in the lg. The right appointment to kick us on is crucial.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Any reason to touch the great Carragher:pac:

he was going for the balls, he has form doing the hand to ball stuff yo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

could easily see Rodgers as Newcastle coach soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

People rejoicing at Rodgers sacking keep in mind that Lallana will still be sh!t along with Lovren , Allen and others.

The transfer committee should go with him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/650726935019036673

Beercroft was the guy I quoted in here before saying Rodgers was 100% being replaced.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Best of a Luck Brendan, the 13/14 season was some of the best times I had supporting the tricky reds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Is he definitely gone!?

All ive seen is that 1 twitter post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I really hope we have someone ready to come in asap. Shame how it worked out, but nobody gets to lose control of a club for this long and continue in free fall, making bad decisions and not adressing their own errors.

If some of this is FSG's fault with regards to committee transfers etc, then I'm sure he'll come out and say it and I'll decide if I cut him more of break, in retrospective for eh... all it's worth.

If I'm honest I'm also glad this proves some of the arrogant posters who think they know it all so very, very wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

You reckon Rodgers knew he was gone when you watch the post match interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Never nice to see a person lose their job and feel sorry for him in some respects. But I'm delighted this has happened today as there is plenty of time left in this season for a top quality manager to get something from this team.

FSG better not **** this up.

BMJD wrote: »
    I'm strangely a little bit sad that he didn't or couldn't turn it around, it is for the best of the club I guess. I just hope that FSG have a very credible replacement ready to take over immediately and not some yes man who is happy with the status of being Liverpool manager whilst not getting backing in the transfer market.

We have a very good squad to work with, and Rodgers rightly deserves credit for building that and taking us forward.

I agree with you always hope a manager can turn it around. Amazed they gave him so much money to try and turn it around. With a new manager he will have to be strong with the transfer committee and say no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Vicxas wrote: »
    Is he definitely gone!?

All ive seen is that 1 twitter post

All the news outlets are running it. It's official.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Boards is still fecked for me at least. Every page is a repeat of the last/
    I think this is a harsh sacking. Season is not even going yet and everyone else is losing too!
    He has lacked the tools all last season in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Henry instinctively goes for a handball...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

To the people who seem pretty confident Carlo is the next manager, he is 3/1 with Paddy Power, whereas Klopp is 1/4. Get on those odds quick if your sources are good, before they shift.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Just as expected, the posters involved in most of the vitriol posted about Rodgers are the ones here wishing him the best. Pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Grayditch wrote: »
    If some of this is FSG's fault with regards to committee transfers etc, then I'm sure he'll come out and say it and I'll decide if I cut him more of break, in retrospective for eh... all it's worth

Why will you believe whatever he comes out and says? :confused:

I suspect Rodgers will try and put the blame for his failures everywhere except at his own door. That has been his style throughout his time at the club, no reason to change now

I've been pretty down about Rodgers for a while now and been getting more annoyed by how things were going under him.

Such a shame. 2 years ago I thought he was the one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I'm glad he's gone because I believe he was bringing us nowhere but wish him well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Thank **** he's gone time to move on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

martyos121 wrote: »
    To the people who seem pretty confident Carlo is the next manager, he is 3/1 with Paddy Power, whereas Klopp is 1/4. Get on those odds quick if your sources are good, before they shift.

Speaking of bets, did anyone take any of the ones floating around here about him not getting sacked before Christmas?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement