Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

The United result earlier proved there isn't a single stand out team in the league. The platform is there for anyone of the teams to mount a league challenge. Removing rodgers makes even more sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Best of luck Brendan you nearly won us a Premier League but ever since Chelsea beat us nothing has gone right since.

We need a decent manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Just as expected, the posters involved in most of the vitriol posted about Rodgers are the ones here wishing him the best. Pathetic.

You're pathetic. One the page I've quoted you from dub13 and knex are two who wished him well, hardly the vitriolic two now.
    You must be devastated he's gone. Looks like you'll have to support two clubs soon.
    Wherever Ridgers ends up and Liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

This fella must be some sort of genius ;)
    1. 17.09.2015 Bordeaux away (draw)
    2. 20.09.2015 Norwich City home (draw)
    3. 23.09.2015 Carlisle United home (draw then extra time and defeat on penos - Lovren!)
    4. 26.09.2015 Aston Villa home (defeat, Benteke forgets and scores a brilliant OG)
    5. 04.10.2015 Everton away Lose (manager sacked)
    6. 17.10.2015 Tottenham Hotspur away (Eddie Howes first game sees side reborn)
    7. 25.10.2015 Southampton home (defeat)
    9. 01.10.2015 Sion home (defeat - Eddie Howe sacked)

http://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=3170595&postcount=12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Rodgers had 3 full seasons tbf.

Kenny had 1 and a half. Hodgson had a half.

The stat is still true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So its all up in the air between Klopp and Carlo

Can you imagine players like Ings, Sakho and Can under a manager with Klopps passion

I was saying that to a friend today those 3 players today showed whoever was going to be the new manager that this squad does have fighters in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

martyos121 wrote: »
    Get off Internet Explorer! :pac:

Using Windows 98 on a DSL connection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

If someone runs Owayn over with a car it'll be our year.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    You're pathetic. One the page I've quoted you from dub13 and knex are two who wished him well, hardly the vitriolic two now.
    You must be devastated he's gone. Looks like you'll have to support two clubs soon.
    Wherever Ridgers ends up and Liverpool.

I'm a Liverpool SUPPORTER. Look up the meaning of the word and come back to me.

YNWA - Don't make me laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

There are now posters who would rather be right on Boards than watch Liverpool's new manager do well.

For so many reasons I hope we get a manage who does a good job.

I'm a Liverpool SUPPORTER. Look up the meaning of the word and come back to me.

YNWA - Don't make me laugh.

You aren't taking this well :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Just watched the post game interview on the BBC and the comment he made about 'if it's me or someone else in charge' would lead me to believe that he knew the score probably before kickoff today.

Sacking him now shows a renewed faith in FSG, it would have been easier to settle and leave him in for the season but bringing someone else in now shows real ambition.
    On the other hand if the board showed as much ambition with regards to holding onto our best players over the last 3 years maybe we would'nt be in this situation in the first place, you simply cannot sell your best players and hope to build a team ready for a title challenge.

If we continue with our current transfer policy we are only handicapping whoever takes over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Knex. wrote: »
    Ayers has done some great work in dragging our commercial side of things up from the really underwhelming position they were in for far too long.

And really he's done all he could with the signings in the last two years.

He's not in charge of who we spend money on and probably not what the budget is or whether a player is worth it.

His job is to bring those in who we've targeted and we've gotten all our business done quickly and without fuss in the last couple of years.

Don't think there's an issue there really.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Grayditch wrote: »
    There are now posters who would rather be right on Boards than watch Liverpool's new manager do well.

Who are those posters?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Grayditch wrote: »

I just want one with Passion. Something Brendan lost after we came so close to the title.

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

No

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

There's been enough talk on the media the past 2 weeks saying Klopp doesn't suit the owners. That's no fluke, that's been put out there from within the club and don't see it happening myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Klopp would be exciting, Ancelotti would be the sensible choice.

Will probably end up with John Aldridge.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I feel a sickie coming on :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

A fantastic, well written post. See, if everyone with an issue with the manager did things like this then there would be no issues from me.

We don't care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

You can't stand by a manager for the sake of it.

He's shown nothing in over a year really.

This doesn't prove we're 'just another club.' It proves there might actually have some ambition.

I find it funny that a certain someone continues to moan at everyone who wanted Rodgers out because we were 'stuck in the 70s or 80s' thinking we're still the club we once were...but in the next breath backs the policy of backing managers through thick and thin - a policy that was only relevant back during the same decades.

There's too much at stake now to persist with a broken docket.

It's right that he's lost his job.

I don't see his posts anymore (well that's not true, with how often he's quoted), but I can imagine how you-know-who is reacting to this sacking:

fmc.gif

We don't care.

You wanted Liverpool to lose today. Excuse me if your opinion means absolutely zero to me.

Dub13 wrote: »
    The stat is still true.

It is surely.

I don't think keeping Hodgson, Kenny or Rodgers for longer would see us with more silverware though. They were all sacked for poor results. Managers won't be kept in jobs for long unless they bring success.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

martyos121 wrote: »
    I don't see his posts anymore (well that's not true, with how often he's quoted), but I can imagine how you-know-who is reacting to this sacking:

fmc.gif

You should take him off ignore because this is golden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

if nothing else it will put an end to those posts containing "DELUDED" and "character" all the time.

he gave his all and never disrespected the club or any player,it was time to go and hopefully he's a success in the future

anyone thinking that were now better off had better wait and see,its not as simple as changing manager a lot of the time

You should take him off ignore because this is golden.

No need, everything is being quoted as usual. It's probably the best part about the sacking tbh :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Now that Rodgers is gone I think FSG need to look at themselves as well, they 've got more wrong than right since taking over, Commolli, Transfer committees etc.

They need to get this next big decision right and give him the right structure and tools to succeed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Henderson is probably wondering if he will still be captain or not.

if nothing else it will put an end to those posts containing "DELUDED" and "character" all the time.

he gave his all and never disrespected the club or any player,it was time to go and hopefully he's a success in the future

anyone thinking that were now better off had better wait and see,its not as simple as changing manager a lot of the time

He disrespected Borini and his 2 coaches.

Next manager needs to gut a lot of that squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I'm not exactly delighted right now, but I'm excited at the prospect of having a new manager introduced. Hopefully, whether it's Klopp, Ancelotti, De Boer or Sean Dyche (it's possible), the new manager instills some passion and drive into the players. Also, maybe he'll play them in their proper positions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

I have backed him for a long time, I'm an optimist at heart, but they were right to remove him.

I'd love Klopp, a true coach to work with a talented group of players. Would think we'd see Can as a holding CM...

Stewy D.

His man management has been suspect since day 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

murpho999 wrote: »
    Now that Rodgers is gone I think FSG need to look at themselves as well, they 've got more wrong than right since taking over, Commolli, Transfer committees etc.

They need to get this next big decision right and give him the right structure and tools to succeed.

As indicated in the pre-sacking chatter FSG are going to ditch the TC nonsense and get a DoF in.

Mignolet, Skrtel, Lovren, Can, Lallana, Firmino, Allen, Milner, Markovic could all be on the way out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Jon Stark wrote: »
    Klopp would be exciting, Ancelotti would be the sensible choice.

Will probably end up with John Aldridge.

Who'll get sacked after a season to make room for Ian Rush:)

• Advertisement

Big Andy as well you got it right last night.

https://twitter.com/AndyTCarroll/status/650404952024739841

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

As indicated in the pre-sacking chatter FSG are going to ditch the TC nonsense and get a DoF in.

So it's not 1 but 2 potential appointments for us to mess up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Mignolet, Skrtel, Lovren, Can, Lallana, Firmino, Allen, Milner, Markovic could all be on the way out.

Firmino on his way out?

**** me

I know what you mean, but no manager will get rid of Can, Firmino or Milner. Even Lvroen's career can be salvaged by a new manager, but the rest could leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Is this news or just a thought?

Can't see Migs, Can, Firmino or Markovic going anywhere in the near future at least.

Whatever comes of this I just pray to God we never see Balotelli grace Anfield again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Henderson is probably wondering if he will still be captain or not.

Be a bad move to take it off him at this stage I think.
    He'll likely stay here as long as he's wanted, he's a good player, he's a trojan worker, he's a good lad and anyway, there's not really anyone else.

Lucas nearly leaves every year, Sakho is a bit highly strung, Milner hasn't shown enough to justify his vice-captaincy and Skrtel doesn't look like any sort of leader.

We do lack big club experience.
    Gerrard was lucky enough to be part of a club that was still clinging on the top of English football.

To push us back into it is a much harder task.

Firmino on his way out?

**** me

Yes he's gone in January sure. On loan first though and then a permanent transfer in the summer.

Rodgers getting sacked makes up for taking Aguero out of my FF team yesterday.

Surely Gerrard could handle the transfers with a few texts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Whatever comes of this I just pray to God we never see Balotelli grace Anfield again.

Player manager?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement