Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The next manager is not going to clear the decks, hell Can and Firmino are perfect Klopp players. Allen is already marginal and likely to go, the others in danger are already on the edge of the squad - Enrique, Kolo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Player manager?

Not a bad shout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Mignolet, Skrtel, Lovren, Can, Lallana, Firmino, Allen, Milner, Markovic could all be on the way out.

Why? One just signed a new contract and the other two have played about a dozen games between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Mignolet, Skrtel, Lovren, Can, Lallana, Firmino, Allen, Milner, Markovic could all be on the way out.

Ok Mignolet I can kind of get as well as Lovern and Allen. But Firino is only here and maybe if played in the right position could be very good. Can, Milner, Lallana and Markovic I think could come could. I am either way with Skrtel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Someone needs to finish off that Alan Sugar tweet with a your fired ending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

So who do we want next ? Harry Redknapp, Or Sam Allardayce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Best part about Klopp or Ancelotti is that big players would love to play for them. Can't wait to see who could be brought in.

So who do we want next ? Harry Redknapp, Or Sam Allardayce

Phil Brown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

I haven't been calling for Rodgers to be sacked or anything, but I must admit my first feeling when I heard he was sacked was excitement. If we got in Klopp I would be over the moon. Still feel if they were gonna sack him now they should have just done it in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭TrueIt

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Next manager needs to gut a lot of that squad.

Totally agree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

murpho999 wrote: »
    Amazing to thing that's only 15 months , May 2014 since he almost won the league. Things move fast in football.

Depends how you look at it I guess. 15 months is also 3 transfer windows where in excess of 100m has been spent on players.

With each transfer window, the starting 11 hasn't improved, more notably the squad hasn't really improved, the defence worsened and we have actually grown more dependent on an injury prone Sturridge. Those points are unforgivable given the investment in players during this time.

Despite believing that Rodgers deserved to be sacked, I am extremely sad to see the club sacking yet another manager. It isn't something that I like to see at all but, then again, he shouldn't have been appointed in the first place.

Hopefully FSG make the right choice this time around as I don't think I can take another 4 or 5 wasted years with a manager that I can't get behind - the last 3 basically.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Who's gonna love Jordan Henderson now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

If Klopp is signed he'll know what to do with Firmino.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

Relief is probably the best word to describe my feelings at the announcement.

I said a week or so ago his fate would be decided by the eight game of the season. 12 points leave us needing 2 PPG for the remainder of the season to stand a chance of getting into the top 4.

Dub13 wrote: »
    Who's gonna love Jordan Henderson now!

Need a new chant quick !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Dub13 wrote: »
    Best of a Luck Brendan, the 13/14 season was some of the best times I had supporting the tricky reds

He has handled himself with dignity through out all this.
    I will thank him for the best season for 13/14 in the last 25 years.
    All the best Brendan you made us dream for one mad season.
    YNWA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TtSXCCgHQo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Interesting stat : On a scale of 1 to 10 Rodgers was sacked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I think the big question now is what are we going to do with Moreno? He's been doing quite well recently but we may have to throw him on the bench with Reus coming in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Personally I really liked Rodgers. I'm gutted in a way he couldn't turn it around. 15 months ago we almost won the league playing unvelievable football.

• Advertisement

What will this mean for someone like Danny Ings? Arguably our best player so far this season, will he be left to rot by a new manager?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭kildare75

finally its happened, I feel both happy and very very sad,
    Brendan took us within a slip of winning the league, playing the best football I had seen in 20 years, circumstances went against him, signings were very odd, and to be honest it was obvious he was a dead man walking from the cup semi final last year onwards.
    I like the guy, and I wish him well, we just have to get the next appointment right, and it has to start working straight away..
    YNWA

What will this mean for someone like Danny Ings? Arguably our best player so far this season, will he be left to rot by a new manager?

I doubt it, why would he be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Why would he be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Can see him doing a Moyes now. Will end up in Spain and managing a team taking on the big two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

If he's good enough & got enough quality to play a real role at the club, then no.

If he doesn't, then yea, he'll probably be let go. C'est la vie.

Important part is to get the manager right.

No outrageous punts like Rodgers. Proven quality required now.

• Advertisement

monkey9 wrote: »
    Why would he be?

Because we have Sturridge and 2 other £30m forwards to accommodate.

The great thing about this is that we've actually got a good squad. It's not like a new manager will becoming into a shambles of a club, we're only a couple of signings away from a top team and currently well capable of making 4th under a good manager.

Because we have Sturridge and 2 other £30m forwards to accommodate.

The manager will play the players he deems to be best, not the players who cost the most. Considering the new manager won't be to one to have bought the players I don't think he will care about their price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Next manager needs to gut a lot of that squad.

They really don't.

Some fringe and loan lads always come and go but from the first team it'd probably only be Allen, Lovren and 1 of the keepers.

1 of Mignolet/Bogdan
    DF:
    Clyne, Sakho, Gomez, Moreno,

MF:
    Hendo, Milner, ,Coutinho, Lallana, Can

ATT:
    Benteke, Sturridge, Ings, Origi, Firmino

Will all likely stay put until summer 2016/17 at the earliest.

Lucas, Skrtel, Ibe, Markovic probably will as well, because of youth, being on loan, needing cover or whatever.

That leaves us looking for a top keeper, probably a CB at some stage, some sort MF and some backup full backs.

The issue isn't that we've signed players that are beneath us or terrible. It's that we can't and won't be able to sign the absolute top class players.
    That's what's missing from this squad and that's not something whoever comes in is going to be able to conjour up, unless Klopp can get his buddies Marco and Ilkay to give us a whirl.

Some of the lads who've been prone to regular misery **** over the past year or so need to decide why that was. If Rodgers was **** and used **** tactics, why weren't a team of apparently atrocious player relegated? How did they get 6th?

Either Rodgers did a decent job with the team we had or they'e actually decent enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

The great thing about this is that we've actually got a good squad. It's not like a new manager will becoming into a shambles of a club, we're only a couple of signings away from a top team and currently well capable of making 4th under a good manager.

That's it we're only six points off top, plenty of time to get the season together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Klopp for the Kop.

And lets hope he brings the Rolls Reus aswell :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Biggest issue for me has been how the defence has deteriorated with every defender that Rodger has signed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Is Boards still acting up or is there 2 Whatawaster's now?

So much has happened today.

I want Klopp but I don't see it happening unfortunately. He's mental and I love mental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

With Chelsea floundering, and the top 4 still all over the place, I'm very glad we look like we're bringing in someone like Klopp or Ancelotti.

This will give us the chance the capitilise and hopefully rally the team behind the new man and push on to get CL football once more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

#Klopp4theKop

Wonder if Rodgers will take Revonel with him to his next club? He won't get a look in with Sakho, Skrtel and Hummels all ahead of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

We have been only a couple of signings away from being a top team my entire life as a Liverpool fan! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I want Klopp but I don't see it happening unfortunately. He's mental and I love mental.

Why not?

Something is clearly happening given the rapid action today. I think FSG are making their move for him before someone like Chelsea or Arsenal do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

zgwIuzz.png

Wonder will Rodgers be the new Mayo manager now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I genuinely think the squad we have is good enough to challenge for top 4 at least. just need to get players believing again, and for that reason id go for Carlo, but yet there is something about klopp ( maybe its that picture of him touching the anfield sign...not sure) that I like, and gives me real hope.
    one way or the other we move on...
    YNWA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Kr7324n

I've had this gif saved on reddit for 6 months to be used only when Rodgers got the bullet.

mormank wrote: »
    We have been only a couple of signings away from being a top team my entire life as a Liverpool fan! :o

I know, but the squad is still one that should be able to achieve top 4 under a capable manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Quick theory, FSG wanted Klopp or Ancelotti in the summer but they wanted to go on sabbatical. Carlo had surgery I believe and Klopp probably needed a rest. FSG said they would wait and see what happened with Rodgers, Carlo is probably still out but Klopp has got itchy feet.

I think Klopp, if he does sign, will be able to work with what he has and probably get us a trophy. With Chelsea in trouble we have a great shot of getting fourth but only if we make the right managerial appointment.

I genuinely think the squad we have is good enough to challenge for top 4 at least. just need to get players believing again, and for that reason id go for Carlo, but yet there is something about klopp ( maybe its that picture of him touching the anfield sign...not sure) that I like, and gives me real hope.
    one way or the other we move on...
    YNWA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,674 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

absolutely. my problem with recent managers recently isalack of passion. klopp would be perfect.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

All I hope is the FSG get a top quality replacement in and don't go for someone like Klinsmann.

Maybe we can win a European game now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Fsg are clowns. They gave a manager they had waning confidence in a bag of money to spend in the summer. They're also probably going to have to pay off a bunch of new coaching staff they bought in this summer.... Just completely shambolic. I really expect them to screw up the next appointment too.... I'd be amazed if they appointed Klopp, and only slightly less amazed if it's Ancelotti. I expect the worst with them from now on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement