Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Thank you Brendan for one magical season. You were not the spoofer that people seem to be trying to make you out as. Suarez was a big part of our success, but even without him, I think we would still have finished 4th in 2014. For all the criticism, at least you understood what it was to manage a club like Liverpool, and at least you always showed respect (unlike a certain Woy). With all that said, I think it's fair to say that you just did not bring the right players in. Also, it cannot be said you didn't get a chance to put your stamp on the team. I think in the last few weeks especially, you've tried to justify the purchase of certain players (Lovren for one) by insisting on playing them even though you knew yourself they weren't up to scratch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

He leaves us in a better state than he joined, and I do think he'll do decent work elsewhere. I think a job like Liverpool came too early for him.

I can think of a few players I would have sacked before him.

Thank you Brendan for one magical season. You were not the spoofer that people seem to be trying to make you out as. Suarez was a big part of our success, but even without him, I think we would still have finished 4th in 2014. For all the criticism, at least you understood what it was to manage a club like Liverpool, and at least you always showed respect (unlike a certain Woy). With all that said, I think it's fair to say that you just did not bring the right players in. Also, it cannot be said you didn't get a chance to put your stamp on the team. I think in the last few weeks especially, you've tried to justify the purchase of certain players (Lovren for one) by insisting on playing them even though you knew yourself they weren't up to scratch.

Does Rodgers read this thread Francie? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Could a new manager actually get Lovern to look decent like when he was with Southampton?

he had betrand to the left of him and wanyama and schnederlin in front of him protecting him all the time. they made him look good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

rarnes1 wrote: »

Not only does he read it, he has an account and frequently posts!

Yes
    Yes I do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

NukaCola wrote: »
    He leaves us in a better state than he joined, and I do think he'll do decent work elsewhere. I think a job like Liverpool came too early for him.

I think he would have been far, far better off just agreeing to work with a DoF from the get-go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Looking forward to Augeo's take :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Not only does he read it, he has an account and frequently posts!

Someone who goes through his bins looking for discarded underwear seems to, anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Bowlardo wrote: »
    he had betrand to the left of him and wanyama and schnederlin in front of him protecting him all the time. they made him look good

Bertrand would have been doing some job to make Lovren look good when he was playing for Aston Villa.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭LFC CONNAUGHTON

Has anybody seen anything about a new DoF?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Best of luck to him, best thing to happen for both parties

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Were FSG when you were demanding they sack him..? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Best birthday present ever!

And no, I'm not Roy Evans!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Kr7324n
    I've had this gif saved on reddit for 6 months to be used only when Rodgers got the bullet.

I bet your jizzing your pants now you get to use it.
    Will you save another one for when our next manager is sacked as well :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

This is only a good sacking if we make the right appointment.

Rodgers would've consistently got us 5th - 8th for a long time. Not good enough, but that was his ceiling with no Suarez.

The next manager must be an improvement on that, while giving genuine hope for trophies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I bet your jizzing your pants now you get to use it.
    Will you save another one for when our next manager is sacked as well :rolleyes:

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

SlickRic wrote: »

Rodgers would've consistently got us 5th - 8th for a long time. Not good enough, but that was his ceiling with no Suarez.

The next manager must be an improvement on that, while giving genuine hope for trophies.
    A win every now and then in Europe would be nice also

• Advertisement

Haha, just feel like it had to be said. When you read comments from people comparing him to Moyes - you just have to laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Looking forward to Augeo's take :)

Good evening Lloyd, I'm guessing Alan will be along soon:P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Exactly, I hope we're not doing the same thing again in 2/3 years. We give out about Chelsea chopping and changing managers all the time, we're not far off that ourselves tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭tinpib

and at least you always showed respect (unlike a certain Woy).

What did he say? Racking my brains here but can't remember.

I wonder was this decision taken 2 weeks ago? Remember when we gave Sakho a new contract then? Perhaps the transfer committee stepped in?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpools-decision-give-mamadou-sakho-6478817

tinpib wrote: »
    What did he say? Racking my brains here but can't remember.
    Woy was the one who said this wasn't too big a club to be in a relegation battle.

FSG have handled the whole thing fúcking abysmally by the way.

Not sack him in May.
    Let the rest of the backroom staff go.
    Give Brendan many millions to spend.
    Give him 8 games.
    Sack him.

They're making it up as they go along. As much as I think Rodgers had done all he was capable of, it does feel like a populist sacking. They're doing it because the fans have turned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

DiMarzio says Klopp is currently talking to Liverpool. One of the sources I'd actually believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Bowlardo wrote: »

Never played with Bertrand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

If Rodgers has been sacked and the reports about not contacting Klopp or Carlo are true then the Liverpool board are completely braindead.

I really hope someone had been sounded out and it's announced in the next 48hrs

• Advertisement

I wonder was this decision taken 2 weeks ago? Remember when we gave Sakho a new contract then? Perhaps the transfer committee stepped in?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpools-decision-give-mamadou-sakho-6478817

Rodgers has been acting strange in recent times. He must have known he was close to the bullet.

The west ham game was the killer followed by other losses and draws

We haven't looked any way decent this season at all. Very all over the place.

Averaging 1 point per game since March just isn't good enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

There are no guarantees in football, if the next manager, whether its Klopp, Ancelotti or Monk does not improve the team in a couple of years he will have failed, but standing still doing nothing is wrong. I'd prefer a club that strives to improve rather than have blind faith and go nowhere. I'm disappointed that Rodgers did not work out but I'm happy he's gone now and the club can at least try and improve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

This is really really important for everyone to remember before they start slagging off the new guy as soon as something goes wrong.

We're 5th in England. That's who we are now.

Par and a decent performance will, pretty much, look the same as this season and last.

We need a manger that can make us better than we ought to be. That's a huge undertaking. It's not even vaguely possible long term without permanently breaking the barrier between us and top 4 - that will require momentum from outperforming, getting better players than we should, uncovering hidden gems and that sort of thing.

It'd have to look something like a Klopp managing to convince Reus to come here against his better judgement or Coutinho fulfilling his promise and deciding to stay here for a few years. We need that kind of coup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Exactly, I hope we're not doing the same thing again in 2/3 years. We give out about Chelsea chopping and changing managers all the time, we're not far off that ourselves tbh

And yet Rodgers was the longest serving manager in the league outside of Wenger.

Agreed. The next manager can't be a Gary Monk or even a Frank De Boer. It has to be Klopp.

Klopp and Ancelotti aren't FSG type managers going by their appointments so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Not sack him in May.
    Give him 8 games.
    Sack him.

They're making it up as they go along. As much as I think Rodgers had done all he was capable of, it does feel like a populist sacking. They're doing it because the fans have turned.

Nah, this has come about due to a split within FSG (Boston v Liverpool), sadly as it turns out the Liverpool end won the day probably because Ayre and Gordon are the most football familiar at the club so Henry and Werner let themselves be guided. In the end Boston clearly got frustrated and decided to act. You can argue that Henry and Werner should have been stronger.

The removal of Rodgers is therefore a blow to the Liverpool duo but as pointed out to me before Gordon is the 2nd largest shareholder so he is safe enough. Wonder will Ayre be in his current job for too much longer though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Klopp and Ancelotti aren't FSG type managers going by their appointments so far

They've really only made one appointment. Kenny just happened. He was a natural caretaker, and they couldn't not give him the job after the first 6 months in charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Monk? gtfo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Not sack him in May.
    Give him 8 games.
    Sack him.

What if Klopp or Ancelotti wouldn't take the job in the summer, and one of them ends up manager now - Will they still have made a balls of it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Souness the only person who is shocked.
    They've really only made one appointment. Kenny just happened. He was a natural caretaker, and they couldn't not give him the job after the first 6 months in charge.

Which is why it was a mistake in the first place. Thus far they are clueless about football.

Rodgers has been acting strange in recent times. He must have known he was close to the bullet.

The west ham game was the killer followed by other losses and draws

We haven't looked any way decent this season at all. Very all over the place.

Averaging 1 point per game since March just isn't good enough

We're all human in the end of the day.

These guys are groomed to deal with the media from early on, but pressure can do funny things to people.

Imagine you ****ed up a few times at work, and now you're behind on a project, and then someone calls in sick and you have to cover their shift and things just keep snowballing.

Then RTE turn up at your front door at 6pm, point a microphone in your face and ask you "Why are you so **** at your job? Explain all these decisions you made. Do you think it's fair to steal a living when there's any number of people who could stroll in and do your job better than you?".

**** that noise.

It's a wonder one of these lads hasn't gone on a killing spree.

Yeah, I guess it's a tiny sample size alright.

It would be a change in direction though. Hopefully it's one they take

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Reporting from @JamesPearceEcho that LFC plan to have the new manager in place for their next game away to Spurs on Oct 17.

and

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-ready-appoint-jurgen-klopp-6573977#ICID=sharebar_twitter
    Liverpool ready to appoint Jurgen Klopp as new manager within a week after sacking Brendan Rodgers

The club are confident the former Dortmund boss is ready to take the job as Pep Guardiola nears a new deal at Bayern Munich - a job Klopp was after

Jurgen Klopp is ready to take the vacant Liverpool job after Brendan Rodgers was sacked.

And the Anfield board are determined to move quickly to make the German coach their new manager before the club’s next game against Spurs on October 17.

Knex. wrote: »
    What if Klopp or Ancelotti wouldn't take the job in the summer, and one of them ends up manager now - Will they still have made a balls of it?

Fair point.

We'll see.

• Advertisement

Gbear wrote: »

These guys are groomed to deal with the media from early on, but pressure can do funny things to people.

Imagine you ****ed up a few times at work, and now you're behind on a project, and then someone calls in sick and you have to cover their shift and things just keep snowballing.

Then RTE turn up at your front door at 6pm, point a microphone in your face and ask you "Why are you so **** at your job? Explain all these decisions you made. Do you think it's fair to steal a living when there's any number of people who could stroll in and do your job better than you?".

**** that noise.

He'll get millions as a pay off and probably be in a new job soon enough. He'll be ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

The club are confident the former Dortmund boss is ready to take the job as Pep Guardiola nears a new deal at Bayern Munich - a job Klopp was after

Smells like bullshlt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Gbear wrote: »

**** that noise.

Or today, having to go to work in front of millions, having already being told that you're fired.

Its a mental job.

Is boards broke again?

Is boards broke again?

It never stopped.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement