Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Knex. wrote: »
    What if Klopp or Ancelotti wouldn't take the job in the summer, and one of them ends up manager now - Will they still have made a balls of it?

Exactly.

Like I said earlier, I think they wanted Rodgers out in the summer but there was no-one to replace him.

They haven't really spent a huge amount of money in the summer-most came from the Sterling sale and we no nothing of the situation regarding the backrooms staff. Perhaps FSG just didn't renew their contracts.

It's not ideal but if they get in the right manager then I think they will have done well. They need to get in a Sporting Director or a Director of Football though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Lads, Mr Klopp is 4/11 with Patrick Power to be our next manager...

On issues like this I always look at what the bookie says, on that note...

Jurgen, Hello and welcome to the greatest football team/family in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Well I hope they hurry up and get on with announcing the new Klopp by midnight or I might never go to bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

I look forward to Rodgers' lengthy statement about blunt tools.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Looking forward to Augeo's take :)

That's more than a tad sad imo, if you were looking forward to it that much why not use the search function? My "take" was there 15 mins in advance of you posting how you were looking forward to read it.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=97262332&postcount=6772
    Augeo wrote: »
    Sorry to hear news, ah well, all the best Brendan.

Onwards and upwards, 4 pts off arsenal & man utd with Chelsea 4 behind, 8 games gone, whoever comes in isn't landing into a sh1tstorm Amway. Fingers crossed sturridge is available for 20 ish of the remaining PL games, top4 very much still attainable :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

99627.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

No!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

Klopp now 4/12 with Paddy power. Surely no smoke without fire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

When they stop taking bets I will get excited.

One can't help but wonder if Rodgers had of been sacked when he should of (the evening of the Stoke game) if Sterling would still be a Liverpool player.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

not yet wrote: »

Jurgen, Hello and welcome to the greatest football team/family in the world.

Haha hahahahaha hahahahaha hahahahaha hahahahaha

When they stop taking bets I will get excited.

I'm just excited Rodgers is gone and at the possibility of a proper manager coming in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Damien360

All the betting is on Klopp. That is all it means. Paddy Power will make a fortune if Klopp is not appointed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Oh will you give over. Its running thin right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Until I see Ribery in a Liverpool jersey I will always take bookmakers odds with a huge pinch of salt.

Think that is 1/3 :pac:
    He may well be our next manager but they aren't going to refuse money until someone is announced. The least reliable of markets, it just means that people are betting on it and they like money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/jurgen-klopp-liverpool-fc-approach-10194206

Jurgen Klopp is the leading candidate to be named as Liverpool’s new manager.

The ECHO understands that the Reds will make an approach to the former Borussia Dortmund boss over the coming days as they seek a successor to Brendan Rodgers,

Carlo Ancelotti and Frank de Boer will also come under consideration but Klopp is viewed as the ideal replacement by Anfield’s hierarchy.

The 48-year-old German has been out of management since he stepped down at Dortmund back in May. He announced that he was taking a sabbatical but has made it known in recent weeks that he’s ready to return and would relish working in the Premier League.

Klopp boasts an impressive CV haven’t won two Bundesliga titles and taken Dortmund to the 2013 Champions League final. The ECHO understands that he’s eager to hold talks with the Reds.

Owners Fenway Sports Group expect to have the new manager in place for the Reds’ next game away to Tottenham on October 17.

Rodgers was sacked an hour after Sunday’s 1-1 draw with Everton at Goodison following a transatlantic phone call with Fenway Sports Group president Mike Gordon.

In a joint statement, principal owner John W Henry, chairman Tom Werner and Gordon said: “We would like to place on record our sincere thanks to Brendan Rodgers for the significant contribution he has made to the club and express our gratitude for his hard work and commitment.

“All of us have experienced some wonderful moments with Brendan as manager and we are confident he will enjoy a long career in the game.

“Although this has been a difficult decision, we believe it provides us with the best opportunity for success on the pitch. Ambition and winning are at the heart of what we want to bring to Liverpool and we believe this change gives us the best opportunity to deliver it.

“The search for a new manager is underway and we hope to make an appointment in a decisive and timely manner.”

Dortmund head coach Jurgen Klopp

Rodgers took over from Kenny Dalglish in June 2012 after a successful spell at Swansea City, who he had got promoted into the Premier League.

In his first season at Anfield the Reds finished seventh but in 2013/14 they kicked on and came within two points of ending the club’s 24-year wait for a 19th top flight title.

Inspired by the brilliance of Luis Suarez, the Reds scored 101 league goals and collected 84 points. However, their hopes of glory were dashed by a home defeat to Chelsea as Manchester City took the silverware.

Following the sale of Suarez to Barcelona, Rodgers’ reign went off the rails.

Last season Liverpool finished sixth and a miserable campaign ended with a humiliating 6-1 defeat at Stoke. FSG kept faith with Rodgers and allowed him to spend £80million on new players but they wielded the axe after a poor return of 12 points from the opening eight games this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Whoever takes over doesn't inherit a situation that is too bad. Chelsea are in full fledged crisis mode, Arsenal while good today have been in trouble, even United have looked patchy. We are 3 points off top 4, we are still in all competitions, the squad we have is young and at least it doesn't appear like they players are in rebellion (like at Chelsea).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Eh would they not go 1/3? :confused:

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

You were very sure Rodgers was going nowhere werent you? you really think you are in a position to mock others on here? ;)

Wouldn't read too much into bookies odds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Klopp probably won't play players out of position either.

https://twitter.com/RichardHughesUK/status/649855591033270272?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

One can't help but wonder if Rodgers had of been sacked when he should of (the evening of the Stoke game) if Sterling would still be a Liverpool player.

Doubt it, £50m was good business imo and I'm sure FSG agree.

Bigger picture.

Whoever comes in has Coutinho, Ferminio and Lallana as #10s or whatever.
    Sturridge, Benteke & Ings as fowards.
    Henderson, Milner, Allen, Lucas, Can as viable sh1t shovellers in midfield. Ibe is an option too.

Clyne is a up there with the best PL fullbacks, Moreno can do a job, may improve. Flannagan month or two off a return.

Gomez, Sakho, skrtel are at worst workable with.

10/11 games to winter transfer window, plenty time to figure out what tweaks are needed, we should be quite hopeful of Top4 imo considering where we are in the table pointswise compared to Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd, S'ton, Spurs & even Man City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

At least he won't play Can at the back.

• Advertisement

Klopp probably won't play players out of position either.

https://twitter.com/RichardHughesUK/status/649855591033270272?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

<3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Wouldn't read too much into bookies odds.

Not when it comes to Liverpool anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Miracle he made it past the Stoke game tbh.

The owners have to get the next appointment right, I do think someone like Klopp is perfect for the job and is quite likely.

There is the bones of a very good team there, not title contenders at the moment but it should be pushing for Top 4 at a minimum, ol B-Rod was just not able to make it work, Ings in particular has been excellent when Ive see him.

Exciting times ahead I think for you lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

99627.jpg

Reminds me of this

hqdefault.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Even though he could be wrong and what he said was pretty cringeworthy, you've yet again proved yourself to be an immature clown.

Genuinely can't believe that a 20yr old like myself has to tell a (supposed) father of three to grow up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

It also must be noted that Liverpool's most successful managers in over the last 15 yrs have worn glasses. So, on this basis alone, of the managers available, I wholeheartedly endorse Jurgen Klopp.

Would you ever g'wan away with yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

We will have to wait and see.

Id love to see Klopp in.

Miracle he made it past the Stoke game tbh.

The owners have to get the next appointment right, I do think someone like Klopp is perfect for the job and is quite likely.

There is the bones of a very good team there, not title contenders at the moment but it should be pushing for Top 4 at a minimum, ol B-Rod was just not able to make it work, Ings in particular has been excellent when Ive see him.

Exciting times ahead I think for you lads.

Yeah, you just wait until Big Sam gets unveiled next week and you'll hear all about the excitement among the fans, in this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/650766942924488705

When Rodgers was unveiled as Kenny Dalglish's successor back on June 1, 2012, he spoke of his unease about working as part of a transfer committee. The message was privately rebuked behind the scenes within hours of his unveiling.

He threatened to quit if a deal for Joe Allen was not sanctioned that same summer, yet if Rodgers thought that by accepting the Liverpool job he would go on to assemble his power base from the inside, he has been proved wrong.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/609862/Liverpool-Brendan-Rodgers-weigh-up-Jurgen-Klopp-Carlo-Ancelotti-Liverpool-news

I'm blocking anyone who quotes him, should make for a lean thread for moi.
    Could you all just ignore him, not quote, not bite. Thread would become a blog for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,954 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Sky reckon he didn't know before the game and got a phone call to break the news afterwards.

Bit harsh if so, but can't fault the decision

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Klopp is meant for liverpool. Its in his name.

Kop

lp = Liverpool

I'm blocking anyone who quotes him, should make for a lean thread for moi.
    Could you all just ignore him, not quote, not bite. Thread would become a blog for him.

Sure thing.

Any plans for a change to 'The Klopp', might I ask?

• Advertisement

Even though he could be wrong and what he said was pretty cringeworthy and, you've yet again proved yourself to be an immature clown.

Genuinely can't believe that a 20yr old like myself has to tell a (supposed) father of three to grow up.

Would you mind explaining what was 'cringeworthy' about my post..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

I wonder was this decision taken 2 weeks ago? Remember when we gave Sakho a new contract then? Perhaps the transfer committee stepped in?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpools-decision-give-mamadou-sakho-6478817
    There was a rumour that he was told that unless the team won at least 7 points in the three games after the West Ham result he would be gone. It seemed like a ridiculous notion at the time but if it was true then the Man Utd loss sealed his fate.

Never eat a pig, cause a pig is a Klopp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Hard to be shocked by anything in football these days but if managers with the status of Ancelotti or lesser so Klopp touched Liverpool it would be a genuine shocker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Thats the end of that chapter,bring on the next poor schmuck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Never eat a pig, cause a pig is a Klopp

Or better yet a Germanator.

I dunno, just seems a bit weird writing it directly to him, here, and also calling us the 'greatest football team/family in the world'. There's always something cringey when people proclaim any team or fans as the 'best', when they're neither.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Calling Liverpool the greatest football family in the world. This Rodgers affair has shown us to be the most dysfunctional family in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Talisman wrote: »
    There was a rumour that he was told that unless the team won at least 7 points in the three games after the West Ham result he would be gone. It seemed like a ridiculous notion at the time but if it was true then the Man Utd loss sealed his fate.

Stuff like this seems silly. If true why was he not sacked before the Everton game? Or why not straight after the United game since he could no longer hit the 7 point target?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement