Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Yeah, you just wait until Big Sam gets unveiled next week and you'll hear all about the excitement among the fans, in this thread.

If that does happen, expect to see a mob like this descend on Anfield.

latest?cb=20070619165229

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Sure thing.

Any plans for a change to 'The Klopp', might I ask?

Open to all suggestions, that would put the kiss of death on him though.
    I was right when I said Mario would outlast Rodgers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Aidric wrote: »
    Hard to be shocked by anything in football these days but if managers with the status of Ancelotti or lesser so Klopp touched Liverpool it would be a genuine shocker.

Why? Massive club, will pay them big wages, both have spoken very positively about the club and its fans in the past. Neither would be a shock by any stretch.

we're gunna win the league

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

Hard to be shocked by anything in football these days but if managers with the status of Ancelotti or lesser so Klopp touched Liverpool it would be a genuine shocker.

Yeah be like them taking over at Stoke or Sunderland wouldn't it :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

Only just heard.

Bit of a shock at least with the timing.

I can only assume that Fenway have someone lined up, hopefully Klopp.

I don't think Ancelotti would be a good fit at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

That part wouldn't surprise me since they're both out of work and there are no other big clubs looking at the moment. I would be surprised if fsg actually made a decent appointment though.

I am shocked that anybody could be remotely shocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Think Klopp would rather manage Liverpool than sit around waiting for a bigger club to lose their manager and then hoping they offer him a contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

mp,550x550,gloss,ffffff,t.3.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Why? Massive club, will pay them big wages, both have spoken very positively about the club and its fans in the past. Neither would be a shock by any stretch.

It would be for those who want to believe we have no stature in the football world anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

Stuff like this seems silly. If true why was he not sacked before the Everton game? Or why not straight after the United game since he could no longer hit the 7 point target?
    I made the same point myself after the Man Utd game.

I think the minimum acceptable target for Rodgers was 14 points for these first 8 league games. He wasn't getting the results to do that but worse for him was that he wasn't getting performances from the players.

The international break is the best time to make a change as it minimises the disruption to the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭john why

What the fuçķ is wrong with boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

john why wrote: »

I take it you weren't on yesterday. Tonight it's running quite smoothly in comparison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,664 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I take it you weren't on yesterday. Tonight it's running quite smoothly in comparison.

Does seem better today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

cjmc wrote: »
    Does seem better today!

It's still no where near 100% but at least it's not jumping back to midday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

I dunno, just seems a bit weird writing it directly to him, here, and also calling us the 'greatest football team/family in the world'. There's always something cringey when people proclaim any team or fans as the 'best', when they're neither.

Oh right, thanks for your post, it's greatly appreciated...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

MOTD up now

There is some baseball player called Brendan Rodgers getting no end of tweets right now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭Brando_ie

The redtop puns with Klopp will write themselves...

Top Klopp Kop Flop... plop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

SlickRic wrote: »
    It would be for those who want to believe we have no stature in the football world anymore.

I mean Jesus, we're not Spurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

john why wrote: »
    Charlie19 wrote: »

Its going to shi'te again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Mr.H wrote: »
    I do not believe Rodgers is going anywhere to be honest. Not itk or anything, just sensible analysis of our actual position in the season and competitions when emotion is taken out of it.

BUT he is very much in the sack race and ffs that is a tight contest itself. Jose, Wenger and Rodgers.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

I for one, am very excited at the thoughts of getting a new manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

brevity wrote: »

I'd love to know what was said between the two. I'd also love to see these two sort it out in the squared circle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I've no idea if Mr H is claming to be right or wrong there. He's covered all bases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I just realised I did the last match thread of Rodgers reign.

Obviously my fault all this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

monkey9 wrote: »
    I've no idea if Mr H is claming to be right or wrong there. He's covered all bases.

I was very wrong :D

It's very rare for someone to admit they were wrong on here so fair play to ya.

EDIT:I did quote that but it disappeared...Boards be Mignoleting again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

I'm delighted Carra came out today and said we are far from a big club,something i have been saying for longer than I care to remember.

I wonder will he get laughed at like I did.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Happy to see Rodgers go. The time was right to part ways. Hopefully now we can get a proven manager who will get us playing well again. Excited.

Neil Atkinson has written a pretty fantastic piece on Rodgers this evening. Well worth a read.

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2015/10/brendan-rodgers-sacked-a-reaction/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Brendan was still peddling the 'constant rebuilding' line, and the fact any manager of Liverpool will need time and money in his final interview.

He talked about 4 catalysts being gone from the team in the last couple of years.

It's like he didn't arrive THREE YEARS ago.

• Advertisement

SlickRic wrote: »
    Brendan was still peddling the 'constant rebuilding' line, and the fact any manager of Liverpool will need time and money in his final interview.

He talked about 4 catalysts being gone from the team in the last couple of years.

It's like he didn't arrive THREE YEARS ago.

I'm not gonna keep on about him, he's gone and I'll wish him all the best but he did lose his BEST player 2 years in a row. Between himself and the transfer committee they managed to make a balls of replacing them with what was, in all honesty, a fairly small net spend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

I'm delighted Carra came out today and said we are far from a big club,something i have been saying for longer than I care to remember.

We're a huge club. We're not at the top table, but we're just beneath it and far ahead of most.

We have the resources, reputation and stature to get a manager far superior to Rodgers.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    We're a huge club. We're not at the top table, but we're just beneath it and far ahead of most.

We have the resources, reputation and stature to get a manager far superior to Rodgers.

So you're right and the player who played 700+ times for Liverpool is wrong. We were a huge club, 25 years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Still on cloud 9

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

I'd love to know what was said between the two. I'd also love to see these two sort it out in the squared circle

Sakho would mangle that bitch, Sakho v Mcgregor now that I would pay to see..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Jamie Carraghers opinion, whether right or wrong, will forever be held in higher regard than anything you will ever utter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Just home from the game cracking atmosphere until the equaliser and then it was so flat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

So you're right and the player who played 700+ times for Liverpool is wrong. We were a huge club, 25 years ago.

Have you ever listened to Carragher talk for any amount of time? He holds numerous ridiculous opinions.

This is the same fella who thought we never should have bought a "foreigner" like Lucas Leiva when we had an English Danny Guthrie knocking around at the club.

Alonso77 wrote: »
    Jamie Carraghers opinion, whether right or wrong, will forever be held in higher regard than anything you will ever utter.

He said exactly what I've been saying. So that kind of negates your post I'm afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

I wonder how much more stuff will come out about Rodgers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

He said exactly what I've been saying. So that kind of negates your post I'm afraid.

I didnt say i agreed with him, just that i respect his opinion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Mr Alan wrote: »

Can you elaborate on this please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I guess he didn't get his wish.
    Originally Posted byPilsbury Doughboy

Hopefully Rodgers will have a long long career at Liverpool and ram it down the throats of all the fickle twats that turn on him on a whim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Still on cloud 9

A bit sad that you're delighted at a man losing his job. Yes, he deserved it and yes, he's earned a good bit from his sacking, but I find it odd that you're 'on cloud 9' after his sacking when we don't even know if the next manager will be any better.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement