Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Only a matter of time for Rodgers now. We've got a good squad, he's got no idea what to do with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

United have done us a massive favor here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

United have done us a massive favor here.

Hopefully, I feel Rodgers has never been closer to the sack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

bur wrote: »
    Nah. Things can change quickly, a coach that knows what he's doing, motivated squad.

not sure to be honest. suarez, sterling and sturridge showed their talent despite rodgers ..i don't see that with anyone in the current squad

liverpool are weaker in every position now than they were when rodgers took over so it would take a miracle to turn this around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Rodgers seems totally cowed these days. Think he's lost confidence in himself despite the big talk. Sending out teams afraid to play now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Genuinely think there would be a near on riot in Anfield/Liverpool, if Rodgers stays on and there is another heavy defeat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Liverpool need some of this!!

tumblr_n3lhwxFQ9w1qaorn7o1_400.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

ician wrote: »
    Worst Liverpool performance I've seen in a while apart from that beautiful Benteke goal

Agree. If they were playing again Mon night I honestly don't think I'd watch it. And that is really saying something because 2 seasons ago I would have watched them every night of the week.

Ya I know Rodgers was in charge two seasons ago !!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

People expecting Rodgers to be sacked in the morning are going to be incredibly gutted. He is going nowhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

This is as bad as the worse days of Hodgson

At least he was sacked and hadn't wasted £300m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Rodgers is taking the team into a free fall. We're heading for another ****e season. If he's kept on, he'll buy more ****e players. He'll buy good ones and play them arseways. He'll loan out potential and never play them again. Chap has no idea what he's doing and the whole world can see it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

im not going to get involved in the pettiness by some on here and issue personal attack on rodgers but today was the last straw for me. The way the team lacked ambition was a disgrace. Time to get in a more experienced manager such as Klopp before its to late and we have a mountain to climb for top 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Just get rid of Rodgers now .. otherwise its going to be one hell of a long winter !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

spockety wrote: »
    People expecting Rodgers to be sacked in the morning are going to be incredibly gutted. He is going nowhere.

As much as it annoys me, I have to agree with this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Pw6abGr.jpg

Well Benteke definitely isn't the problem anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Klopp and ancelotti free agents what are we waiting for there's a good squad there to work with.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

As much as it annoys me, I have to agree with this.

And even if he was, the people then expecting klopp to come in are going to find themselves bereft.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

This is truth unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Time for Rodgers to go. First time I've called for his sacking as Liverpool manager. There's been no improvement from last season and quite frankly, we've been very lucky to get the results we've got so far.

I think it's the way he has us set up and the mentality of the squad is where he's failed. I think he did well in the transfer market this season and we've the 5th best squad in the league. He's lost the dressing room. Better to sack him sooner rather than later while the season is still salvageable.

Benteke will be a good player for us once he gets some sort of decent delivery. He's had nothing to work with this season and he still scored a couple. People need to lay off him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Being wrongly used.

As a stick to beat 'The Rodgers' with by some on here.

Whoever thought he was is an idiot trying to be a football fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭TheKells

I literally said that while watching the match. First time in my life I got to the stage where I didn't want to watch any more and started doing other things while the match was on in the background.

I've lost all hope and belief under Rodgers and it looks like the players have too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

If Rodgers loves the club as much as he says then he should hand in his notice. It is best for the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

ician wrote: »
    Worst Liverpool performance I've seen in a while apart from that beautiful Benteke goal

West ham? Bournemouth?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Blondie919 wrote: »
    If Rodgers loves the club as much as he says then he should hand in his notice. It is best for the club.

yea and walk away from all his millions. come off it man the world does not work like that

Blondie919 wrote: »

He's a chancer. No way he'll ever do that or ever, ever admit it's even remotely his doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

ricero wrote: »
    im not going to get involved in the pettiness by some on here and issue personal attack on rodgers but today was the last straw for me. The way the team lacked ambition was a disgrace. Time to get in a more experienced manager such as Klopp before its to late and we have a mountain to climb for top 4.

+1

And even if he was, the people then expecting klopp to come in are going to find themselves bereft.

I dunno, Klopp has indicated he's willing to go to a club like us, he's always shown admiration for us and Liverpool is quite similar to BVB in more ways than one.

The only thing that goes against us is timing. I think Klopp wants to wait until after Christmas and start next season.

If I were Henry I'd happily give him a ring though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

On Klopp, who's to saw he'd be better, he had Zorc (is it) buying him the players there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭slingerz

Rodgers has got to go

We have absolutely nobody in central midfield

naughtb4 wrote: »
    On Klopp, who's to saw he'd be better, he had Zorc (is it) buying him the players there

We've got the players though, we've got a good squad, we just need someone who knows what they're doing.

Just as Rodgers was blowing about our new defensive security we concede 6 in 2 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Pretty poor that....

Puts those first two matches of the season into perspective.

Complete spoofer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

McCallister would wanna be careful if 'The Rodgers' asks him to have a look under the bus on the way back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Disgusted with that performance. Get Klopp before he joins someone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Last 14 league games for Liverpool - W3 D4 L7 F12 A 24 GD -12 Points 13.

I honestly think if Rodgers stays, we're in for a relegation right.

Liverpool need some of this!!

tumblr_n3lhwxFQ9w1qaorn7o1_400.gif

We also need some of this. Just looking at the player we had makes me feel sh*te. #BringbackLuis

HandsomeConcreteCattle.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Where to even start with that?

Liverpool crept into Old Trafford like a less well fancied mid table side that hoped to sneak back out with a draw or at least nothing worse than the narrowest of defeats having looked plucky for 90 minutes.

Except they weren't even that good.

This was a witless, cowardly, timorous performance which screamed of defeated thinking. I'm actually glad that third goal went in lest it look like a close game when it was ultimately no such thing. Worst of all is that this Manchester Utd side is quite pish and should have been attacked from the first whistle to the last.

The owners owe it to themselves as much as to supporters to now ask serious questions as to Rodgers tenure at the club, if Liverpool are now small time anti-football, anti-risk, anti-excitement then its time for him to go. The return of Sturridge isn't going to save even if he is genuinely fit again as the whole side is dysfunctional.

Everyone knows I've wanted rid of him and have long before most so an honest question can anyone defend Rodgers and explain why he should be give more time?

If FSG wait any longer with Rodgers then this season will be another write-off. If we're serious about getting top 4 then changes need to be made soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

yea and walk away from all his millions. come off it man the world does not work like that

Yeah I know unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Being both a Liverpool and Mayo fan is becoming too much for me lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Turgid performance :(

Nice finish from Benteke, imagine how could he'd be if the manager knew how to get the most of him!

• Advertisement

Everyone knows I've wanted rid of him and have long before most so an honest question can anyone defend Rodgers and explain why he should be give more time?

I'd wager one lad here could.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

naughtb4 wrote: »
    West ham? Bournemouth?

We won against Bournemouth. So no.
    West ham? Probably on a par.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

That's it, he's done. He's not turning this around. I thought Rodgers should have been sacked in May but was willing to give him a chance at the start of the season, but he's learned nothing.

We have scored 3 goals in 4 games. One was offside and the other two were 'worldies', so not one legitimate goal created by team play yet.

I just hope FSG make a move soon, before old Roman gets an itchy trigger figure down Chelsea way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Last 14 league games for Liverpool - W3 D4 L7 F12 A 24 GD -12 Points 13.

I honestly think if Rodgers stays, we're in for a relegation right.

Well, hard to argue with those numbers tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

I've always seen myself as one of the more reasonable fans towards Rodgers, but the longer things are like this the clearer it becomes that there was an MVP alright in 13/14, but it wasn't Rodgers.

We were simply blessed when we signed Suarez and it will be a long time before we sign another with his talent and fear factor.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement