Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,283 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

One of the main issues there though is Carras penchant for talking tosh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Alonso77 wrote: »
    I didnt say i agreed with him, just that i respect his opinion

Which is the same opinion that I hold, you're not very good at this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

I guess he didn't get his wish.

If only he was still here to see his dreams wash away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

A bit sad that you're delighted at a man losing his job. Yes, he deserved it and yes, he's earned a good bit from his sacking, but I find it odd that you're 'on cloud 9' after his sacking when we don't even know if the next manager will be any better.

A couple of coaches were sacked during the summer for no good reason other than Rodgers throwing them under the bus, I'm absolutely delighted he's been sacked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Was there anyone posting in here lately that still wanted Rodgers to stay ?

Have to say I didn't mind him staying in the summer but the man united game for me this year was when I knew it was time for a change

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

quarryman wrote: »
    Can you elaborate on this please?

Not for you. No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Don't start Birmingham say hello!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

I see the usual suspects busy schedules have magically cleared up.

Rodgers had to go, hopefully the next man in isn't nailed to the cross for not being Benitez. Time for a lot of people to move on.

The liverpool way my hole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

A couple of coaches were sacked during the summer for no good reason other than Rodgers throwing them under the bus, I'm absolutely delighted he's been sacked.

They were sacked to make room for new coaches.
    Would it be better if a manager kept his mates in jobs regardless of performance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

brevity wrote: »
    I wonder how much more stuff will come out about Rodgers

He painted that portrait himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

ha ha, oh you. I respect Carragher's opinion but I dont agree with it. Your opinions are an amusing sideshow to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Any chance you could take up following Ice hockey or take an interest in baseball...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Here is a portrait for Klopp to hang in his office.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT7nAxqIzklRtcEUYHBeW-xBvdFfH2EY9hdn7K8ygjeZxKkYyYZSQ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Not for you. No.

Thought so. Because the answers are:

Stature: An upper mid-table club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Away from the vacancy, watching MOTD and II, for one, am glad to see Harry Kane amongst the goals again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Harry Kane with a worse clearance than Chandsome. He's not a Centre Back either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Harry Kane with a worse clearance than Chandsome. He's not a Centre Back either.

Great minds etc.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Benitez curve ball on the way!

Shelvey Watch: Jonjo just gave away the free kick for Spurs equalizer.

Edit: Then substituted for Jack Cork.

Another 'We were right to sell him' week for Jonjo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Last European trophy 2005
    Last European Semi Final 2010
    Last Trophy 2012

Runner up in Premier League 2014

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

MOTD up now

There is some baseball player called Brendan Rodgers getting no end of tweets right now

Did anyone else know Swansea Spurs match was on today? :pac: That was like a bonus match, had no idea of it's existence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

I wonder how many doing cartwheels at this news were still defending him a few weeks ago when it was still cool to play the superfan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Knex. wrote: »
    He painted that portrait himself.

I've heard from a couple of different sources that, at least when he was at Swansea, there was more than one portrait of him in the gaff.

Good post. Well done. Jog along now.

Ian Wright just said on MotD that Ayew offered himself to Liverpool on free during the summer.

Liverpool passed on offer to sign Swansea striker Andre Ayew for FREE until January
    Andre Ayew has been one of the most exciting Premier League attackers during the first four games, scoring key goals while also proving to be a creative force that can manufacture chances for his team-mates.

His biggest showcase was during Swansea's 2-1 win over Manchester United last weekend, when the Ghanaian headed home before teeing up Bafetimbi Gomis with a sumptuous assist.

The day before that game, Liverpool were beaten 3-0 at home by West Ham but according to The Sun, the Reds could have gotten Ayew at a massive discount prior to him joining Swansea.

Ayew was a childhood Liverpool fan and he was so desperate to join the club after letting his contract with Marseille expire last summer that he was willing to play for Brendan Rodgers' side for free until January. According to the paper, the Liverpool transfer committee passed on Ayew and he joined Swansea.

Liverpool fans will hope that the alleged decision to pass on Ayew doesn't come back to bite them this season.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/transfer-window/liverpool-passed-on-offer-to-sign-swansea-striker-andre-ayew-for-free-until-january-31505776.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Neil Atkinson has written a pretty fantastic piece on Rodgers this evening. Well worth a read.

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2015/10/brendan-rodgers-sacked-a-reaction/

That was good.

A bump for those who didn't see it.

That 2013/2014 was just a brilliant rollercoaster of emotion, I loved it, Rodgers will be fondly remembered by me for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Might I add about the 2013/14 season Rodgers had us playing so well that pretty much every neutral out there was hoping we'd win the league purely as a reward for the champagne football that was flowing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Good post. Well done. Jog along now.

Thanks.

I made sure it would be difficult for you to contradict.

By that I mean I used facts.

bur wrote: »
    I wonder how many doing cartwheels at this news were still defending him a few weeks ago when it was still cool to play the superfan?

I'm not doing cartwheels, I never wanted it to come to this, but I'm relieved the club finally did the right thing. I was still rooting for him at least a bit up until a little after halftime at home to Bournemouth. Then I realised he should have been shown the door straight after the Stoke defeat, that he just wasn't going to turn it around.

Even since then, I've taken issue with certain attacks and criticisms on him, but even that became harder and harder as his pressers became steadily more risible.

Thanks.

I made sure it would be difficult for you to contradict.

By that I mean I used facts.

See above, where your sad rubbish post was torn apart like wet tissue by another poster.

You're welcome.

• Advertisement

Did the MOTD commentator just coll Boruc, Arthur Bollox?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

@Ricero

I would of still kept him on.

Ì could see a change in the performances since the Norwich game and I do believe that the team would of continued to get better as the season progressed.

Benteke with goal of the month.

Bascombe, The Echo & Tony Barrett at The Times all saying that Liverpool are moving for Klopp. Great news and exactly the ambition the club needs to be showing and people here have been saying was unrealistic for fans to expect/demand

Charlie19 wrote: »

Benteke with goal of the month.

Not to take anything away with Benteke but would have went with Richie myself. The De Gea dive for Benteke's one makes me laugh every time though. Think the team were celebrating when he started to move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

3 blocked now for quoting him. Good riddance.

Can the posters I like please not fall afoul of this new rule. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

3 blocked now for quoting him. Good riddance.

Can the posters I like please not fall afoul of this new rule. Thanks.

Quoting who ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Bascombe, The Echo & Tony Barrett at The Times all saying that Liverpool are moving for Klopp. Great news and exactly the ambition the club needs to be showing and people here have been saying was unrealistic for fans to expect/demand

A lot of people saying that the Transfer Committee is staying. Not sure how I feel about that, think they have made some good purchases but I would prefer a DoF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Any excuse to stick the boot in at poor David.

Phone won't let me reply properly to posts.
    Very annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Taxi Driver Rumour Network (Liverpool Branch) says Klopp has been on Merseyside since Thursday, flown in by FSG and was at the match today with JH.

/Standard pissed lads on tour disclaimer.

Taxi drivers are a reliable bunch. I'd say he has been flagging taxis everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

That Neil Atkinson article is fantastically well written.

Makes you realise that you may never experience that childlike exuberance at watching a team play football again. That 13/14 season was both utterly ridiculous and sublime.

The amount of times Suarez alone made me giggle like a school girl with something insane he had just pulled off was crazy. Pure, unadulterated, football enjoyment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Any excuse to stick the boot in at poor David.

Phone won't let me reply properly to posts.
    Very annoying.

That's not your phone, it's Boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

tricky D wrote: »
    Taxi Driver Rumour Network (Liverpool Branch) says Klopp has been on Merseyside since Thursday, flown in by FSG and was at the match today with JH.

The Window Cleaners Union said he actually gave the halftime team talk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

A lot of people saying that the Transfer Committee is staying. Not sure how I feel about that, think they have made some good purchases but I would prefer a DoF.

Lovren - Rodgers
    Sakho - TC

Benteke - Rodgers
    Sturridge - TC

Lallana - Rodgers
    Coutinho - TC

Allen - Rodgers demanded to be signed
    Lucas - nearly shipped out every year

Dempsey - wanted by Rodgers over Sturridge

The TC set up is a poor one but their judgement of players is clearly superior to Rodgers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Whilst the appointment of a new manager is obviously crucial (I'm for Klopp), sorting out the s*it behind the scenes is almost as important.

Hopefully it will be a DOF or Sporting Director (is there a difference?).
    Going on some articles on Klopp, his relationship with Zorc and the role played by Zorc played a key role in Dortmund's success.

Personally I wouldn't be too bothered if that role isn't filled for a while, even if it means missing out on the Jan transfer window and the position isn't filled till summer.

tricky D wrote: »

Probably Martin O'Neill with a bit of stubble and a baseball cap.

SUAREZ-FREE-KICK-2.gif

Love 360 walking away knowing what's going to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Augme

Really doesn't seem like 25 years since this happened. How time flies....

Lfc_cl_final.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement