Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Anyone who suggests having Carra and Gerrard in to make the club more LIVERPOOL needs to have a word with themselves. What the hell would they do other than get in the way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Anyone who suggests having Carra and Gerrard in to make the club more LIVERPOOL needs to have a word with themselves. What the hell would they do other than get in the way?

I do think Carra will be a good manager, but he has a long way to go.

The new manager needs to be just given his own staff, and let do his own thing. Have to agree that either of those two would get in the way of that right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Jesus for petty things to be annoyed about, giving out people wanting Carra and Gerrard at the club is taking the biscuit.

FFS its pathetic.

Carra and Gerrard know the club. Asking how they make it more Liverpool shows that you need to have a word with yourself mate. Not seeing how they would affect the club in a positive way is just insane

Is Kenny in the way???

Robbie? Barnes? Gary Mac??

All different roles and hardly in the way. Dont attack my suggestion which has absolutely no official capacity what so ever. I dont give a sh1t if you dont agree. Just dont try to talk as if I am talking sh1t

Re Rodgers exit - have no idea where that 25m number comes from, 7.5m is the amount outstanding on his contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Saw this on FB. Love it.
    Supporting Liverpool is like being in a ****ing tortuous relationship sometimes, so it's only right to feel like some of their managers have been the equivalent to your girlfriend over the years...

Roy Evans was that one who didn't really look the part, but was a friend of the family so you gave her a shot - you had good times but she was too nice, you needed a bit of an edge and were fully aware you could do better.

You moved Gerard Houllier into the back room while still sleeping in the same bed as Roy. This wasn't your finest moment, but as soon as Roy got the chop you could cuddle up to this continental beauty. You eventually break up with her when you come home from work one day to see that she's brought all her French mates around, El-Hadji Diouf too, and absolutely wrecked the gaff.

Rafa Benitez was the continental upgrade - you had such a good time with her, even if she was a bit cold. There were a few fights, including the time she brought some chap called Josemi over for a sleepover, but this was by far the happiest you've ever been... You didn't want to break up but your ma and da decided to pull the plug on this one when Rafa had a go at them for being tight with cash.

Roy Hodgson was the girl you ended up sleeping with after 20 pints and a kebab. Thank **** your mates didn't find out about this one.

If you've ever held strong feelings for that one ex, despite being in numerous relationships afterwards, then it was always going to feel right when they walked straight back into your life. That's how it was with Kenny Dalglish... you fell out occasionally, probably down to the age-gap, but you loved every minute of that rekindled relationship and felt a real tinge of sadness when your ma and da wouldn't let him into the house anymore.

You thought you'd walked into a gem with Brendan Rodgers - "I'm not like all the other football managers," he whispered. He talked the talk, and you listened. He was very possessive too, but you liked it. Things eventually turned sour when your cousin Luis moved out of the spare room a year ago, and you came to the realisation that despite all of Brendan's promises, the only thing really keeping you together all of this time was the absolute craic you had when Luis was in the same gaff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Mr.H wrote: »
    Jesus for petty things to be annoyed about, giving out people wanting Carra and Gerrard at the club is taking the biscuit.

FFS its pathetic.

Carra and Gerrard know the club. Asking how they make it more Liverpool shows that you need to have a word with yourself mate. Not seeing how they would affect the club in a positive way is just insane

Is Kenny in the way???

Robbie? Barnes? Gary Mac??

All different roles and hardly in the way. Dont attack my suggestion which has absolutely no official capacity what so ever. I dont give a sh1t if you dont agree. Just dont try to talk as if I am talking sh1t

What are you on about with 'knowing the club'. What is important about that?
    Is it for helping foreign players with directions to Melwood or letting players know how to touch the "This is Anfield" sign on the way through the tunnel.

The reality is that Gerrard and Carra's knowledge of t he club is mostly through a period of failure.
    So we need to bring in a new regime., mentality and create a new history. No need to look back all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I hope Gary Mac doesnt go. Hopefully he will have a role under a new boss. Along with Carra and maybe Stevie??????

That sounds like a nightmare.

murpho999 wrote: »
    What are you on about with 'knowing the club'. What is important about that?
    Is it for helping foreign players with directions to Melwood or letting players know how to touch the "This is Anfield" sign on the way through the tunnel.

The reality is that Gerrard and Carra's knowledge of t he club is mostly through a period of failure.
    So we need to bring in a new regime., mentality and create a new history. No need to look back all the time.

So would you cut ties with Dalglish Rush Barnes and Robbie who are all at teh club?

Gerrard and Carra have won
    3 League Cups
    2 Fa Cups
    1 Champions League
    1 UEFA Cup

Runnes up medals
    2 Premier league
    1 Champions League
    I League Cup

and then the Super cups they won. Apologies if I left any out.

Go ask a Spurs, Everton, Villa fan if that isnt success???

Yea they didnt win the league but they have had great careers.

Do you not think it it vital to keep an identity at the club?? WIthout an identity you only get mercenaries at the club and that may bring short term success (not guaranteed) but in the long term the club will suffer from inflated wages and players demanding to league every season.

Players like Lucas, Skrtel Coutinho and Hendo love this club and would give their every last drop of sweat for the club.

Mercenaries like Falcao and Dimaria................ did they give everything for United??

It is important to promote the clubs identity or else we become another soulless club who may as well move to London if you dont think its important that "we are Liverpool".

That sounds like a nightmare.

People like you confuse me

Do you think King Kenny interacts with the players every day??

HE IS AT THE CLUB YOU KNOW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Are people suggesting that Gerrard and Carra be assistant managers or something like that? Because that would be a mistake IMO. If Gerrard and Carra are just going to be around the training ground helping the manager and the players then I think that would be OK but not immediately. The new manager needs to be there for a year or two settle in and put his stamp on things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

So would you cut ties with Dalglish Rush Barnes and Robbie who are all at teh club?

Gerrard and Carra have won
    3 League Cups
    2 Fa Cups
    1 Champions League
    1 UEFA Cup

Runnes up medals
    2 Premier league
    1 Champions League
    I League Cup

and then the Super cups they won. Apologies if I left any out.

Go ask a Spurs, Everton, Villa fan if that isnt success???

Yea they didnt win the league but they have had great careers.

Do you not think it it vital to keep an identity at the club?? Without an identity you only get mercenaries at the club and that may bring short term success (not guaranteed) but in the long term the club will suffer from inflated wages and players demanding to league every season.

Players like Lucas, Skrtel Coutinho and Hendo love this club and would give their every last drop of sweat for the club.

Mercenaries like Falcao and Dimaria................ did they give everything for United??

It is important to promote the clubs identity or else we become another soulless club who may as well move to London if you dont think its important that "we are Liverpool".

The ex-players you mention have meaningless 'ambassador' roles, have no real influence at the club so if you want we can add Carra and Gerrard.

Your trophy list is fine but in the last 10 years we have won 1 league cup and 1 FA cup.
    I'm calling that a failure when you look at what other clubs have done.

Your comparison to Everton, Spurs and Villa speaks volumes. We should comparing our success to Utd, City, Chelsea and Arsenal

If Klopp does sign, the international period is going to seem like an age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

brevity wrote: »
    If Klopp does sign, the international period is going to seem like an age.

It'll be so long, but it'll give him (or whoever else) time to meet the players and lay down some ground rules.

Personally i'm excite, there hasn't been a buzz around the club in a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

So long Brendan, thanks for the memories.

Will be kinda interesting to see what he does next actually - wonder if any other top flight club would be willing to take a punt on him (?).

He should have gone/resigned after the Stoke game last season really....seems odd to have kept him on, given him a huge budget and then give him the bullet in October :confused:

It's been clear he's been floundering for a while now to be fair - one could argue it's all gone tits up since Gerrard fell on his arse against Chelsea.

Anyway, hope the change will give the club a lift.....recent performances have been insipid to say the least

Are people suggesting that Gerrard and Carra be assistant managers or something like that? Because that would be a mistake IMO. If Gerrard and Carra are just going to be around the training ground helping the manager and the players then I think that would be OK but not immediately. The new manager needs to be there for a year or two settle in and put his stamp on things.

On the contrary. NOBODY has suggested that.

I did however say that I would like Stevie and Carra to get their badges here and they could work with the reserves. Hardly an impactful suggestion on the first team.
    murpho999 wrote: »
    The ex-players you mention have meaningless 'ambassador' roles, have no real influence at the club so if you want we can add Carra and Gerrard.

Your trophy list is fine but in the last 10 years we have won 1 league cup and 1 FA cup.
    I'm calling that a failure when you look at what other clubs have done.

Your comparison to Everton, Spurs and Villa speaks volumes. We should comparing our success to Utd, City, Chelsea and Arsenal

My trophy list???

You said that they where here through a period of failure............... that list is when they where here............... that is hardly failure for a club of our stature.

We are not at the same level of Arsenal City Chelsea and United. At least not on the field. We are a team who fights for a top 4 spot simple as that. Hopefully that will change under a new manager.

As for my suggestion you dont have to agree. Its an opinion. But I do think its important for the club to maintain its identity.

Do you think we should move the club to London??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Ah Jesus, thats kinda sad :(

On the contrary. NOBODY has suggested that.

I did however say that I would like Stevie and Carra to get their badges here and they could work with the reserves. Hardly an impactful suggestion on the first team.

This is fine IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

The days of players being loyal to club are over. They are now as much a slave to the money as the rest of us are. Some act like they love a club the keep the fans of their back but we all know what happens when Barcelona or Madrid come knocking.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

That's terrible, presumably they got a pay off though to lessen the blow.

It does call into question the decision making at the very top. I think once they had given Rodgers the last transfer window, and a new coaching staff, they should have stuck with them all for at least a season to give them an opportunity to get something going. What was the point otherwise?

Rodgers should have gone or been sacked either last Summer, or next Summer. Less than 2 months into the season doesn't make sense and would make you worry about the hierarchy.

The loss of the coaching staff likely means that the new man is already in place.

People like you confuse me

Do you think King Kenny interacts with the players every day??

HE IS AT THE CLUB YOU KNOW

I don't know what he is at and I don't care.

Cartman78 wrote: »
    So long Brendan, thanks for the memories.

Will be kinda interesting to see what he does next actually - wonder if any other top flight club would be willing to take a punt on him (?).

I'd be surprised if he doesn't have another gig by Christmas, Newcastle are not going to stick with McClaren for much longer, Sunderland will have come to soon I think. Villa could ring the changes as well.

spockety wrote: »
    That's terrible, presumably they got a pay off though to lessen the blow.

It does call into question the decision making at the very top. I think once they had given Rodgers the last transfer window, and a new coaching staff, they should have stuck with them all for at least a season to give them an opportunity to get something going. What was the point otherwise?

Rodgers should have gone or been sacked either last Summer, or next Summer. Less than 2 months into the season doesn't make sense and would make you worry about the hierarchy.

The loss of the coaching staff likely means that the new man is already in place.

It's one of the better moves they've made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Ugh - you have to feel for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

The fact that the coaches have left suggests that the new manager is now in place and has indicated he doesn't want to retain any of the existing coaching staff.

When the manager goes the staff go, esp when they already have the new guy lined up. The media are keeping themselves amused but as Spockety says the clear out (Pepijn Lijnders stays as he is also part of the Academy) strongly indicates the new manager is already a done deal

Pep linjders is still there apparently - he's supposed to be a very talented coach/manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Must have been Rodgers picks then. Gary Mc would have been the obvious caretaker choice so hopefully that bodes well.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Boards still over the shop, refreshed the page there and the most recent post was 12 hours ago.

Mr_Muffin wrote: »
    The days of players being loyal to club are over. They are now as much a slave to the money as the rest of us are. Some act like they love a club the keep the fans of their back but we all know what happens when Barcelona or Madrid come knocking.

I think there is still some loyalty. Not to the degree of yesteryear but to some level there is.

Gabby at Villa didnt want to leave when his stoke was high years ago.

I dont think Lucas, Hendo or Skrtel would leave us. Kuyt didnt want to.

Wilshere at Arsenal, King at Spurs, Terry at Chelsea, Baines has been very very loyal to Everton.

Of course if any of these teams got relegated I am sure things would be different but to a degree loyalty does exist.

Right now I think Coutinho loves playing for us and is loyal. I dont think he will stay if we dont start to progress but I dont think he would do a Masherano Torres or a Suarez
    I don't know what he is at and I don't care.

Thats exactly my point!!

If Stevie and Carra were here in my suggested capacity then you wouldnt know what they were at either and you wouldnt have to care either...............

Hardly "in the way" is it??

Anyway no need to keep banging on about it, its not up to us and I doubt it will be happening any time soon anyway.

New manager yay :D

Liverpool will have won the league before I can find the last post at the first click.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Are people suggesting that Gerrard and Carra be assistant managers or something like that? Because that would be a mistake IMO.
    Some people must be on cloud cuckoo land or something. Gerrard is currently only just getting started with the LA Galaxy - he'll hardly be walking out to take a coaching role on much less money, especially considering that he still has 1-2 years left in him. Carragher is doing the punditry stuff on Sky and has shown nothing in his career to suggest he can do the job. Also, the next manager who comes in will likely want his own backroom team. To foist unproven entities on him could be a good way to get off on the wrong foot.

I say let Klopp bring in this Bosnian lad, he's earned the right to do it his way.

Liverpool will have won the league before I can find the last post at the first click.

Might be in for a wait :D

Boards keeps throwing me back to the previous page.

"Oh you want page 188, well here's 187. You're welcome"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Pep linjders is still there apparently - he's supposed to be a very talented coach/manager.

Yes, and was only moved up in the summer, so doesn't deserve to be caught up in this twister...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

The thing is, it takes me a few posts to realize I am reading the same page again :P

While I do feel bad for Gary Mc and O' Driscoll, I think its very fair to say that they knew the risks when they took the job in the summer.

klose wrote: »
    Boards still over the shop, refreshed the page there and the most recent post was 12 hours ago.

I keep seeing rarnes "pig is a Klopp" post.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Surely did. They would know it was make or break.

Having said that this firing and hiring will cost the club a fortune.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Knex. wrote: »
    While I do feel bad for Gary Mc and O' Driscoll, I think its very fair to say that they knew the risks when they took the job in the summer.

Well I doubt even thought it might only last 12 weeks or so...:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

I'm actually starting to think its just the LFC thread that's fcuked

Goal Suarez!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Any updates of Firmino lately?

Will be literally like a new signing for whoever comes in

Goal Suarez!

Now your gonna believe us.......................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Anyone else think that Rodgers could do a Costanza on it and pretend he hasn't been fired and turn up for work today.
    george-drumming.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Interesting times ahead! All the sources are pretty much saying that JK is a done deal.. That would be a pretty good fresh start i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Rodgers to Spain to replace Gollum anybody? Real Sociedad lying at 16th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭IK09

Anyone else feel that Klopp holds the coveted "key to Reus"?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement