Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

OK, so I'm sad to see Rodgers gone. But, time to look forward.

Rumours of Klopp being already signed.
    His #2 (Bosnian guy i think) has been talking unofficially to the Bosnian Press.
    Klopp has been sounding out Did Hamann.

With the happenings today of Gary Mac and Sean O'Driscoll leaving, it's probably alot closer to being done......I even read there is an expected announcment today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Can i get my hopes up that it's going to be Klopp yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Coutinho has pulled out of the Brazil squad due to minor injury. I wonder who else will be around when the new manager arrived. Hendo and Sturridge for a start. It's actually handy enough that a few of the first 11 are not out on international duty as the manager can start working with them straight away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Hope Coutinho is back for Spurs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Fowler and hamann rumoured to be part of the coaching staff if klopp takes the job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

@IK09 can't seem to quote you but heres Klopp's arrival in the boardroom

tumblr_mpwoezLoKj1rhxd21o3_r1_500.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

ricero wrote: »
    Fowler and hamann rumoured to be part of the coaching staff if klopp takes the job

Wouldnt be a bad idea. Hamann has experience. I would like Hyypia and Pako as well though. Maybe our defence could get a bit of a rework to tighten up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

Wouldn't want to see Gerrard or Carragher with a role at the club at the moment tbh. We need a proven winning manager with his own staff and way of thinking. Tbh ive been really disappointed with Gerrard and his comments in his book since he left. Not like he needs the money by selling a few of them just seems petty and small time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

I am hoping for a quick announcement on this because the longer it drags on the less likely we are to see Klopp in the LFC dugout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Wouldn't want to see Gerrard or Carragher with a role at the club at the moment tbh. We need a proven winning manager with his own staff and way of thinking. Tbh ive been really disappointed with Gerrard and his comments in his book since he left. Not like he needs the money by selling a few of them just seems petty and small time.

+1.

Token positions and gestures are not what we need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Do not want to see Gerard and Carragher anywhere near the first team at the club at the moment.
    If they need work they can get an ambassadors job or something but neither is anywhere near Qualified for a coaching role above maybe the underage teams.

Sentimentality has no place at Anfield these days , we need every person associated with the first team to be the best option we have if we want to close the gap on the Top 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Jurgen Klopp has been speaking to compatriot Dietmar Hamann ahead of a potential move to become the new Liverpool manager.
    Klopp is the favourite and leading contender to replace Brendan Rodgers at Anfield after the Northern Irishman was sacked following Sunday’s 1-1- draw with Everton on Sunday.

And Klopp, the former Borussia Dortmund manager, has been seeking advice from former Liverpool midfielder Didi Hamann ahead of a potential move to Merseyside.

We understand that Hamann, who is currently in Germany, has spoke to Klopp in recent weeks and could even be offered a role on the 48-year-old’s backroom staff should he be confirmed as the new manager.

Hamann, who completed his UEFA Pro Licence coaching qualification in 2013, has been providing advice to Klopp and recommending the move to Liverpool.

Hamann, who played for the Reds from 1999 to 2006 – winning every trophy except the title during his seven year stay – is unlikely to accept an official role should he be offered one.

Klopp will likely be keen appoint a former player and Hamann, along with former forward Robbie Fowler are two that would be in the running. Fowler had put himself forward for the first-team coach role that Gary McAllister eventually was appointed to in the summer.

We understand that McAllister and assistant manager Sean O’Driscoll will definitely be leaving the club along with Rodgers.

Former defender Jamie Carragher has backed Klopp to get the job, saying on Sunday: “If it was me I would go for Klopp ahead of Ancelotti. I think he’s got more to prove. Ancelotti is a great manager of course but he’s gone to clubs where you would expect to win trophies.”

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2015/10/exclusive-jurgen-klopp-sounds-out-didi-hamann-over-liverpool-job/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

3-0 to Milan at halftime no way we are coming back from this.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Anyone else think that Rodgers could do a Costanza on it and pretend he hasn't been fired and turn up for work today.
    george-drumming.gif

office_space_stapler_with_milton1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

When the manager goes the staff go, esp when they already have the new guy lined up. The media are keeping themselves amused but as Spockety says the clear out (Pepijn Lijnders stays as he is also part of the Academy) strongly indicates the new manager is already a done deal

And probably lends credence therefore to the fact that the decision was made on Rodgers irrespective of yesterday's results (or possible recent results generally).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Anyone else feel bad for Rodgers in the way he is being treated in all this, i agree its time for him to go but he always had the good intentions of the club at heart. He probably thought he had to go down the Jose school of bull**** to be taken serious but that only works if you are winning and you look like a fool when it goes wrong. I will always like the man for what he did and i dont he deserves the hate he is getting at the moment from a large enough amount of fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Is it OK to get excited now?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭slingerz

feel a bit for Gary Mac would think he would be a good coach to be honest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

That guy Graeme Kelly is on this podcast - http://anfieldindex.podbean.com

They don't half talk some fcking ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

niallo27 wrote: »
    Anyone else feel bad for Rodgers in the way he is being treated in all this, i agree its time for him to go but he always had the good intentions of the club at heart. He probably thought he had to go down the Jose school of bull**** to be taken serious but that only works if you are winning and you look like a fool when it goes wrong. I will always like the man for what he did and i dont he deserves the hate he is getting at the moment from a large enough amount of fans.

There hasn't been much hate on here tbh. I checked out of the debate the last couple of weeks anyway. There was a sense of inevitability after the Utd game, he's been a dead man walking for a while. Lots of reasonable people who are simply saying 'it was time'. Talking about treatment as well is a little...misplaced? It comes with the territory of being a high profile sports coach. Monetarily, he has been very well compensated while at Liverpool and his personal life seems to have had a number of (presumably) positive changes. A little vitriol on the likes of twitter or web forums is nothing in the grander scheme of things.

He will get further opportunities in the game and be well paid for them. I don't think he'll ever scale the heights he occupied circa May 01 2014 but he'll have chances.

Klopp will be announced. Then we'll come back, post will be gone and it'll never have happened.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Really can't stand all this Tw@tter rubbish. Not one of them knew Rodgers was getting the boot (except for that Kelly bloke - who might just have been lucky) and now they're all crawling about making cryptic statements about Klopp maybe being the preferred choice. It's a filthy cesspit.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I'm just thinking a bit more on the sacking.

Dick has left Sunderland.
    Mourinho is probably grand at CFC, but they are worse off than us so far this season and his comments at the weekend were dodgy.
    Shteve is not looking good at Newcastle.
    Sherwood is on shakey ground at Villa.

The 3 bigger names at the moment are Klopp, Ancelloti and De Boer.

I wonder if Rodgers sacking was partially to get us ahead of the pack chasing a replacement from the 3 above.

Klopp confirmed will get posted, then get lost in the boards ether, we'll wake up and it was all a dream.

Knex. wrote: »
    Anyone have a soundcloud or a link to The Anfield Wrap stuff for last night? They have a four part Rodgers piece done, but its behind the paywall.

(I don't want to pay)

Also this for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Here Boards, your website is poxy.

Yep.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

If we're recruiting from Klopp or Ancelotti, then I don't think what Sunderland or Newcastle do in terms of managerial changes has much impact on our search as neither of those would go to those clubs realistically, especially Sunderland. Chelsea is obviously a different animal, although they've already used and abused Ancelotti.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I press "view first unread" and the asshole of a site takes me backwards.

Boards have actually managed time travel, but still can't keep a basic online forum functional.

• Advertisement

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Klopp has been sounding out Did Hamann.

That would be very cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Yep.

It's like a sh!te book you get from the library. You suffer through the terrible plot and one or two really annoying characters only to find someone has ripped the last page out so you can't even get the satisfaction of completing it.

At least I haven't traveled back to when Rodgers was manager yet on boards time machine thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Boom Bap (had to do it this way as your original quoted message doesn't show!)
    I'm just thinking a bit more on the sacking.

Dick has left Sunderland.
    Mourinho is probably grand at CFC, but they are worse off than us so far this season and his comments at the weekend were dodgy.
    Shteve is not looking good at Newcastle.
    Sherwood is on shakey ground at Villa.

The 3 bigger names at the moment are Klopp, Ancelloti and De Boer.

I wonder if Rodgers sacking was partially to get us ahead of the pack chasing a replacement from the 3 above

The decision appears to have been taken after the Utd game (or rather the West Ham/Man Utd double debacle) so none of the above is relevant. Esp Villa, Sunderland and Newcastle Utd.

liverpool-official-approach-jurgen-klopp-this-week

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/oct/05/liverpool-official-approach-jurgen-klopp-this-week

Really can't stand all this Tw@tter rubbish. Not one of them knew Rodgers was getting the boot (except for that Kelly bloke - who might just have been lucky) and now they're all crawling about making cryptic statements about Klopp maybe being the preferred choice. It's a filthy cesspit.

Full of ****in eejits who want to be seen as clever or - god help me - 'in the know'. 'I heard off a friend who's brothers father is the kitman' or 'I know journalists in Liverpool'.

Well woopdefckindoo.

People 'breaking the news' on the day everyone is told by the club anyway is hardly some miracle. Tell me this sheet a week before and I will be impressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Twitter is evil bollox.

It just gives every eejit going (including the people in the know who get caught up in the hyperbowl and have to jazz up the truth) a chance to make OTT, outrageous and "chance their arm" predictions\statements.

In a world where reality tv is still as big as ever, fridges interact with the interwebs and footballers among other sports stars are so distant from the regular Joe what's to be expected :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

I am completely guessing here but I think Klopp (or whoever it turns out to be) is a done deal and was probably as early as last Monday.
    They will announce in a day or two out of respect and so the incoming does not look like a pariah having accepted a job while Brendan was still in place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

THIS SITE IS DOING MY ****ING HEAD IN :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

K-9 wrote: »
    Klopp will be announced. Then we'll come back, post will be gone and it'll never have happened.

What are you on about?
    Rodgers has just been interviewed about the match in my last unread post.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Smashing header Ings. Just holdout to HT now lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

rob316 wrote: »
    THIS SITE IS DOING MY ****ING HEAD IN :mad:

Does anyone know what's causing it? Is it a DoS attempt or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

john why wrote: »
    What the fuçķ is wrong with boards.ie

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=97268020&postcount=1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

@Googled Eyes has told me that O'Driscoll and Gary Mac have left the club about 20 times at this stage.

Fcuking Northsiders always repeating themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/liverpool/next-permanent-manager

I have been watching this all morning. I actually fancy laying Klopp. It all just seems to good to be true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

My excitement from last night has been replaced with trepidation today. The way the club has been run for the last while, I can see us being disappointed in our pursuit of Klopp, Ancelotti and De Boer.
    I can see some other unknown dude coming in and taking over the reigns, and the club going back to the Gillete/Hicks days of doom and gloom :(

Or we may just get Klopp and win the league :D

Think the med's I am on may be effecting me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Nalz wrote: »

At least we know now it's been acknowledged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Ah, the typical "boss goes away and nothing happens while he is gone" :D

I've seen George Costanza more times in the last few hours than I did in the whole 10 years of Seinfeld.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

@Googled Eyes has told me that O'Driscoll and Gary Mac have left the club about 20 times at this stage.

Fcuking Northsiders always repeating themselves.

"Have yiz any Euro for me forums?"

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

Can I have a new thread please Bob!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement