Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Thankfully the ads are still working okay.

I'm getting a 404 on that post acknowledging the issue. Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Who was the guy suggesting that we go for Mark Warburton? Seems to be a bit of movement for him - only 20/1 now :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The gap between "the net" and the media at times like this is huge. Basically everyone understands that Klopp is barring accidents the manager of the club but the papers are still carrying on with "club has approached Jurgen Klopp" blah blah blah. They must know the truth of it and even if they didn't they could just pick up the phone and ask Liverpool to confirm or deny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Is the new manager going to have to fix the forum as well?

I'd definitely go for Klopp over Ancelotti if that's the case. He has glasses, doesn't look 70, and says he's looking for an interesting project, so I think its a good fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Happy enough with this Benitez chap, won the league in Spain with a team that isn't Real Madrid or Barcelona. Let's see how he gets on in pre-season.

Doubt he'll do much for us in Europe though. Going to be an average season, but this Cisse lad looks like he could be the next Trezeguet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

So whilst we are waiting for the replacement to be announced who would people least like to see get the job. My top/bottom three would be

Moyes
    Pardew
    Monk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    There hasn't been much hate on here tbh. I checked out of the debate the last couple of weeks anyway. There was a sense of inevitability after the Utd game, he's been a dead man walking for a while. Lots of reasonable people who are simply saying 'it was time'. Talking about treatment as well is a little...misplaced?

Yeah. some people on here would have you believe he being destroyed on here every day. Wasn't the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Benitez
    Hodgson
    McClaren

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

So whilst we are waiting for the replacement to be announced who would people least like to see get the job. My top/bottom three would be

Moyes
    Pardew
    Monk
    Fat Sam

Lennon
    Dyche
    Megson

Don't ever get your hopes up with FSG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I've seen George Costanza more times in the last few hours than I did in the whole 10 years of Seinfeld.

Cantstandya!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

Have to say I'm a bit worried with the way this has panned out. Do the owners know what they are doing?

Moyes
    Pardew
    Monk

Pardew is a good manager. Wouldn't attract top players though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Boards still not fixed.
    Get a move on.
    It's like back to the future around here
    I have been here before I just know it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

have been planning on the kazan home game as my latest trip as it the only home game during my hols,was not really upbeat about what i would see..if will be the new managers first home game...

please be klopp,please be klopp, please dont be de boer,please dont be pep lijnders

and bring the fcking flags ,make him feel at home :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Grayditch wrote: »
    Yeah. some people on here would have you believe he being destroyed on here every day. Wasn't the case.

I think when its all said and done, the majority of the fanbase will have a fair bit of respect for Rodgers.

There's always a few numpties that will hate him or compare him to Hodgson or something, but what can you do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

WTF is up with Boards ? ... It keeps jumping me back to a time when Rodgers was Liverpool manager .... STOP IT !!!

• Advertisement

Knex. wrote: »
    I think when its all said and done, the majority of the fanbase will have a fair bit of respect for Rodgers.

There's always a few numpties that will hate him or compare him to Hodgson or something, but what can you do.

Think that will be the over riding sentiment from most supporters. Personally I flip flopped a lot in my support of him during his tenure; was underwhelmed with the appointment (would have taken Martinez at the time) but was willing to give him time. He went on to be part of one of the most memorable seasons for a lot of fans. Just a shame it all went to sh!t after that, but he deserved last season based on what came before. The main complaint I would have about him is his man management, a lot players have fallen out with him.

I think he will have a steady enough career and would be a good fit for someone like Newcastle. Hopefully he avoids the Villa job, he deserves better than that.

'Last post by Pilsbury Doughboy'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

A large section of our fans cannot look forward, only backwards. The only people that should working for the club are those qualified to be in their positions. If an ex-player has something to offer, great, if they don't they have no business about the place.

We do seem to have a lot of ex-players with an awful lot to say, most who have done very little in the game other than media work since they hung up their boots. They aren't the custodians of the club, no ex-player is bigger than the club.

Would Shankly have put up with ex-players giving it millions in the press? I think not.

I hope the new man in clears house of the hangers on. If you want to be at this club you work for it. I hope we look forward. We have failed over the last 25 years. Failed to win a league. It hasn't work. We made a complete mess of using our dominance to lay down solid foundations for the club, from the 90s on. One Champions League in all that time doesn't make all the rest of the pain go away either. League cups are a footnote, FA Cups are a not much more. The league and the champions league are the benchmarks for success, and by those benchmarks we have consistently come up short over multiple decades, so can we stop pretending we had it all sorted only for the wrong guy to get sacked or appointed, it is the fcking definition of the myopic, backward looking nonsense that we get mocked for.

Please god, some come in and move this club on. Let the past be a nice story for the LFC museum. The first person that compares the new boss to Dalglish or Benitez should hang their head in shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

ps...this, written by 4-4-2 about Klopp would have me worried frankly. I think his success has been contained to one club over a short period of time.

"Initially a 4-2-3-1 man, Klopp later experimented with 4-3-3 and 4-3-1-2, and occasionally switched between a four- and a three-man defence. Sometimes, it felt like he changed too much, too often, and questions must be asked about Klopp’s expertise in the transfer market too – Robert Lewandowski’s replacements simply weren’t up to it.

4-3-3 ! ...couldnt replace the big players who left. Sound like anyone ???

Ancelotti's CV is another kettle of fish altogether.

Klopp would suit the club better. He was successful at more than one club. I get the feeling ancelotti would be easier to convince though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Yeah I definitely would have doubts about Klopp myself. But I'd still be happy if he was appointed and would be excited to see how he got on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Moyes
    Pardew
    Monk

Allardyce!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

ps...this, written by 4-4-2 about Klopp would have me worried frankly. I think his success has been contained to one club over a short period of time.

"Initially a 4-2-3-1 man, Klopp later experimented with 4-3-3 and 4-3-1-2, and occasionally switched between a four- and a three-man defence. Sometimes, it felt like he changed too much, too often, and questions must be asked about Klopp’s expertise in the transfer market too – Robert Lewandowski’s replacements simply weren’t up to it.

4-3-3 ! ...couldnt replace the big players who left. Sound like anyone ???

Ancelotti's CV is another kettle of fish altogether.

Klopp was not in charge of transfers at Dortmund as far as I know.

Which is a pity, because they were pretty good in the transfer market

monkey9 wrote: »
    Yeah I definitely would have doubts about Klopp myself. But I'd still be happy if he was appointed and would be excited to see how he got on.

Why would you have doubts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

jpboard1 wrote: »
    Why would you have doubts?

His last season would be a worry for me. I mean, Dortmund were down in the relegation zone til about Feb of that season. Now in fairness, they got it together and I think finished seventh.

I think he's a gamble (I suppose most appointments are) and not a surefire thing. It's still an appointment I'd get behind though.

His last season would be a worry for me. I mean, Dortmund were down in the relegation zone til about Feb of that season. Now in fairness, they got it together and I think finished seventh.

I think he's a gamble (I suppose most appointments are) and not a surefire thing. It's still an appointment I'd get behind though.

Yeah, his last season there wasn't great but I don't really know enough about it. I think he may have lost good player (lewan etc)?

Its probably telling that the fans still loved him ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Klopp was not in charge of transfers at Dortmund as far as I know.

Which is a pity, because they were pretty good in the transfer market

This a key issue in my opinion. I think any manager, not matter how good is going to be hampered by the current transfer policy.

I think we need a structural change but would Klopp be good in transfer market if left to his own judgement?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,673 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

He kept losing his best players at Dortmund. I may be wrong but, if he's successful, he'd find it easier to hang onto players here.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Boards seems to be mostly fixed. Rejoice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

looking at the squad i think its in healthy shape. attacking wise i think were fine. who ever gets the job i think needs to go out and buy a quality cb, upgrade on lucas and deep lying play maker.

5starpool wrote: »

Thank God for that, I was running out of things to say about the 04/05 season.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

@AnfieldHQ: I'd expect an announcement from FSG towards the end of this week, early next week at the latest. #lfc (James Pearce)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

The 2 league titles and CL final were pretty good in fairness, and done from a weak enough budget compared to others. Its more comparable than Ancelotti, not writing his achievements off but he didn't have the sane limits to deal with at Real, PSG or Chelsea.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

@AnfieldHQ: I'd expect an announcement from FSG towards the end of this week, early next week at the latest. #lfc (James Pearce)

Uggh the next week will be pure torture, waiting for it to happen only for Chelsea to sack Jose and snap up Klopp...de ja ****ing vu. :(

5starpool wrote: »

Don't think so...

rob316 wrote: »
    Uggh the next week will be pure torture, waiting for it to happen only for Chelsea to sack Jose and snap up Klopp...de ja ****ing vu. :(

Fcuking Willian. We'd have won the league that season only for him being stolen from us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Hopefully there is an announcement sooner that what Pearce has said...I couldn't deal with the waiting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

I have it in my head that Dortmund had a massive injury crisis at the start of that season, missing practically half their big name players, and that was part of the reason they were down in the doldrums. Not sure where I am getting that from!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I've seen George Costanza more times in the last few hours than I did in the whole 10 years of Seinfeld.

Can't stands ya

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Would you guys be annoyed if ye get Klopp, but the transfer committee remains?
    How much input did Rodgers have into all the spending?

DeclanRe wrote: »

I think he has worked under that system previously. Also, the manager is a member of the transfer committee so they do have input.

DeclanRe wrote: »

The transfer committee were the ones who made the GOOD signings, people shouldn't ignore this.

It was the Rodgers signings which cost him his job ironically.

martyos121 wrote: »
    The transfer committee were the ones who made the GOOD signings, people shouldn't ignore this.

How do you know which were which?

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

martyos121 wrote: »

I though Rodgers was one of the people who didn't want Balotelli for example, didn't he even say that at some point. I could have picked that up wrong though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Long time poster on rawk.
    Hij wrote:
    Mate who works at LFCTV doing prep around Klopp today. Says word in the office is it's essentially a done deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

I honestly know very little about Klopp .

He as a person seems very charismatic and entertaining
    I am a little worried though by a few details

I have heard him refers to Jebus quite a bit , not a big fan of mentioning religion in football.
    I don't remember to much of his march to the CL final a couple of seasons back ,but I have in my head they played a very direct football. Maybe somebody more knowledgeable here could talk about how his teams set up ? Do we have the players in our squad to play his brand of football ?
    His CV at Dortmund seems to stall a little 2-3 seasons ago , is that the Bayern machine just getting it right or did their performances drop a level.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement