Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Klopp and Didi would be some laugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC
    #LFC have made contact with Jurgen Klopp camp. The German is open to moving to Anfield but deal and conditions will need to be right

giphy.gif

Knex. wrote: »
    Anyone have a soundcloud or a link to The Anfield Wrap stuff for last night? They have a four part Rodgers piece done, but its behind the paywall.

(I don't want to pay)

The Robin Hood of Liverpool forest has come trumps again.

Courtesy of Luckycharms - TAW Player Special Reaction To Brendan Rodgers Sacking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

jpboard1 wrote: »
    How do you know which were which?

It's been widely reported at this stage. Both parties have made bad signings, but the difference is that most of Rodger's bad signings were kept in the team, where many of the committee signings weren't given a fair shake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

DeclanRe wrote: »
    I though Rodgers was one of the people who didn't want Balotelli for example, didn't he even say that at some point. I could have picked that up wrong though

Hard to know, some press reports suggesting a lot of this Summers signings were Rodgers picks. Mario seemed a desperate gamble because of missed targets than anything else.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

martyos121 wrote: »
    It's been widely reported at this stage. Both parties have made bad signings, but the difference is that most of Rodger's bad signings were kept in the team, where many of the committee signings weren't given a fair shake.

I wasn't aware it was public record. Which were which?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

The ones played were Rodgers, the ones not/shipped out weren't.

Or so they say...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC
    #LFC have made contact with Jurgen Klopp camp. The German is open to moving to Anfield but deal and conditions will need to be right

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Sahko, Marcovic, Aspas, Alberto, Balotelli, Sahin, Can, Sturridge, Coutinho, Firmino are a few of those suspected as being committee signing.

Lovren, Allen, Lallana, Lambert, Benteke, Milner Ings and players who have played in the league previously are considered Rodgers signings.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭TrueIt

Joe Allen was a great signing by Rodgers.

• Advertisement

Or so they say...

Thats a bit vague. I think there is alot of rumour around it. I wonder will we ever really know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Still 1.4 on the exchange, i would want to see more like 1.05 before i get confident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Or so they say...

Nailed it, except for the one who went on the be the best player in the league.

And the other one who went on to be the most injured player in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Knex. wrote: »
    The Robin Hood of Liverpool forest has come trumps again.

Courtesy of Luckycharms - TAW Player Special Reaction To Brendan Rodgers Sacking

Sound for posting that. Wanted to listen to it here in work but the volume is fcked? It's super loud!

brevity wrote: »
    Sahko, Marcovic, Aspas, Alberto, Balotelli, Sahin, Can, Sturridge, Coutinho, Firmino are a few of those suspected as being committee signing.

Lovren, Allen, Lallana, Lambert, Benteke, Milner Ings and players who have played in the league previously are considered Rodgers signings.

Wait, wait. Wait.

Is this your poem?

I saw a child with a skipping rope, I said I used to be like that.
    One of these days I’m gonna give myself a real good talking to and recover some youth,
    maybe give up the booze, what have I got to lose...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Nailed it, except for the one who went on the be the best player in the league.

And the other one who went on to be the most injured player in the league.
    Well, Suarez and Sturridge were conceived by gods and burst forth, fully formed, onto the league in 13/14.:pac:

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Wait, wait. Wait.

Is this your poem?

One of these days I’m gonna give myself a real good talking to and recover some youth,

What?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Hey Jurgen come here.

PA-11537648-390x285.jpg

This is Liverpool does it remind you of anything.

050503-020-Liverpool_Chelsea.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Just to take it a away from the manager talk I have to say I ****ing love Danny ings. Like an energiser bunny he never stops

Sound for posting that. Wanted to listen to it here in work but the volume is fcked? It's super loud!

Down the bottom of the page when you have it playing, the volume controls are right beside the thumbnail

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Wait, wait. Wait.

Is this your poem?

Ha ha nope.

Its Jimi Goodwin (From Doves) and a song called 'Oh! Whiskey'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i refuse to believe the Klopp stuff until I seen him at Anfield.

it's too perfect a fit to be true.

it is akin to Simeone taking over Atletico and doing what he's done. That is potentially what we're dealing with here; someone who could have that sort of impact.

SlickRic wrote: »

it is akin to Simeone taking over Atletico and doing what he's done. That is potentially what we're dealing with here; someone who could have that sort of impact.

It would be a major coup no doubt. And a real statement of intent by the owners. I still have a feeling he won't be won over too easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

ricero wrote: »
    Just to take it a away from the manager talk I have to say I ****ing love Danny ings. Like an energiser bunny he never stops

Delighted when we signed him and I'm happy to see everyone has taken to him. I don't think I have ever seen the Liverpool crowd chant a players name so soon.
    Best thing is he only just turned 23, don't think he will ever be a world beater but he could contribute to the club for years to come. You need players like Ings, no fancy stuff just gives his all, reminds me of bellamy so much.

All the writing off of him and taking the piss before he kicked a ball summed up some of the spoilt brats of the fan base.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Yeah I just know we'll end up with Dick Advocaat instead of Klopp and this place will go nuts :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Yes, his performance has been lost in the Rodgers melee.
    Best new signing so far, Clyne has been quietly good but not threatening enough in attack.

Well played Danny, keep it up - could also be a great sub option when Sturridge is having a moany day...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭slingerz

i reckon there are a share of players quitely content about Rodgers going and them having an opportunity to reassert themselves in the squad.

I'm sure Origi, Moreno, Lucas etc. will be looking forward to the new arrival. Markovic is probably cursing his luck that he didnt hang about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Been very surprised at how well he's done, I was very sceptical but glad to have it shoved down my throat....as an actress said to a bishop!!

kfallon wrote: »
    Yeah I just know we'll end up with Dick Advocaat instead of Klopp and this place will go nuts :(

AntiqueBlushingGroundhog.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I think he must be on the way.

The timing of Rodgers sacking along with not appointing a caretaker suggest to me that they have had something lined up beforehand.
    Just a question of time, and not wanting to appear to have had contact with Klopp before Rodgers was gone.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

If it does turn out to be Klopp, the idea that they made contact today for the first time is laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Ings has been great, I'd like to see him and Sturridge start. Benteke scores the spectacular goals but he has to earn that place back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

That Sacked thread has turned into a nightmare by usual crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

spockety wrote: »
    If it does turn out to be Klopp, the idea that they made contact today for the first time is laughable.

Must have said they would review after the derby. I would say Klopp agreed he would take the job if the t&c's are right. Hard to imagine they haven't sounded out his agent in terms of what he would take in terms of the contract. In the off chance it blows up I would say Ancelotti is waiting in the wings.

I understand Klopp has been learning English so it's been coming prob since the end of last year. I guess Rodgers was given some specific targets to hit and if he didn't hit them he was gone.

Klopp and Didi have been talking for weeks if not months would also be a good guess.

Didi has been saying for months now in the media that Klopp would be perfect for Liverpool.

This is how the game is played.

• Advertisement

I am really enjoying reading it. The fear in the air that it looks like we might actually get Klopp is palpable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

spockety wrote: »

Yeah I can't imagine they got rid of Rodgers without some firm assurances that either Klopp or Carlo would be very interested in the job. Otherwise what happens if they both tell you no thanks. You're left scrambling around for a manager mid-season. They would have been better off keeping Rodgers until at least Christmas in that case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

AntiqueBlushingGroundhog.gif

That's Klopp greeting Joe Allen for the first time at Melwood.

Anfield HQ ‏@AnfieldHQ 2 minutes ago
    FSG have no plans to travel to the UK and, at this stage, plan to oversee the recruitment process from the United States. (Ben Smith - BBC)

Anfield HQ ‏@AnfieldHQ 1 minute ago
    Klopp is understood to have spoken to Dietmar Hamann about the club, the city and the fans. (Ben Smith - BBC)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Ings has been great, I'd like to see him and Sturridge start. Benteke scores the spectacular goals but he has to earn that place back.

You see what has happened up till now could mean nothing to the new manager. Everyone starts fresh, Klopp wont care less how much Benteke cost as he didn't sign him and wont be under any pressure to play him. I'm hugely pleased with our striking options anyway Sturridge, Benteke, Ings and Origi in terms of depth is as good as Chelsea, United, City or Spurs IMO. Klopp or whoever it is has a very decent squad to work with and with a few tweaks could be a consistent top 4 challenger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

The prices for Klopp to take the job have been shortening all day. Betfair have him at 1/4 and while I wouldn't say we're in happy dance territory, we're not far from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I think it's very funny to read how it's progressing. It start's off with 'not a chance Ancellotti or Klopp would go there' through to Liverpool aren't a big club ontowards a dawning reality that Klopp could be happening and at the moment it's now that Klopp is overrated anyway!! :D:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

slingerz wrote: »
    i reckon there are a share of players quitely content about Rodgers going and them having an opportunity to reassert themselves in the squad.

I'm sure Origi, Moreno, Lucas etc. will be looking forward to the new arrival. Markovic is probably cursing his luck that he didnt hang about
    Markovic probably didn't have a choice, either move or stick around and not get game time.

I'm not FSG's biggest fans but I agree with them that someone else can get more out of what we have. The likes of Origi, Firmino, Can and christ even Lovren have more to give than they what they have done so far, I really believe that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

First job of any new manager, is to learn how to park a bus

I listened to half of that podcast. Pretty rubbish really. I can't really believe lads pay to listen to these chaps.

monkey9 wrote: »
    I think it's very funny to read how it's progressing. It start's off with 'not a chance Ancellotti or Klopp would go there' through to Liverpool aren't a big club ontowards a dawning reality that Klopp could be happening and at the moment it's now that Klopp is overrated anyway!! :D:pac:

Oh, I wonder who could possibly say such things?!

CMzTmOwWEAAttkp.jpg

Jon Stark wrote: »
    Markovic probably didn't have a choice, either move or stick around and not get game time.

I'm not FSG's biggest fans but I agree with them that someone else can get more out of what we have. The likes of Origi, Firmino, Can and christ even Lovren have more to give than they what they have done so far, I really believe that.

First job of the new manager is to execute Lovren.

Get a big tour bus and drive the whole squad over to the Cliffs of Dover.

Fck Lovren off it.

If Klopp or Ancelotti get the job will they be asking the captain or Coutinho or Firmino to text a player to see if he would like to join the club I wonder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Bit off topic, but I would love if this serves as a wake up to the fans.

Atmosphere at Anfield has been going downhill the last while. Would love if someone like Klopp helps everyone get behind the team. Was watching the semi vs Chelsea in 2007 a few days ago, and you dont see that anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

If Klopp or Ancelotti get the job will they be asking the captain or Coutinho or Firmino to text a player to see if he would like to join the club I wonder.

Probably, I would imagine all managers do it

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement