Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Gerrard should have kept that **** to himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Grayditch wrote: »

Never mind that, he should have used Skype.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Grayditch wrote: »

I've an awful feeling that Gerrard is going to be one of those ex-players that will have us face-palming whenever he starts talking about Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Wait till he is asked about who the new manager should be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Mumha

Anfield HQ ‏@AnfieldHQ 2 minutes ago
    FSG have no plans to travel to the UK and, at this stage, plan to oversee the recruitment process from the United States. (Ben Smith - BBC)

No need to travel if it's already tied up.

He is waiting for the Arsenal job.

Frank de Boer: I'm Not in the Running for the Liverpool Job
    Speaking to the Dutch media after Ajax were disappointing beaten at home by Eredivisie title rivals and reigning champions PSV Eindhoven, de Boer said, "I'll stay at Ajax this year."

http://www.90min.com/posts/2618065-frank-de-boer-i-m-not-in-the-running-for-the-liverpool-job?a_aid=35396

rob316 wrote: »
    You see what has happened up till now could mean nothing to the new manager. Everyone starts fresh, Klopp wont care less how much Benteke cost as he didn't sign him and wont be under any pressure to play him. I'm hugely pleased with our striking options anyway Sturridge, Benteke, Ings and Origi in terms of depth is as good as Chelsea, United, City or Spurs IMO. Klopp or whoever it is has a very decent squad to work with and with a few tweaks could be a consistent top 4 challenger.

:eek: Welcome back from the wilderness....a few things happened while you were away....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

What were Klopp's Dortmund like defensively?

Any chance he could stop us conceding shyte goals every week? :confused:

"Initially a 4-2-3-1 man, Klopp later experimented with 4-3-3 and 4-3-1-2, and occasionally switched between a four- and a three-man defence. Sometimes, it felt like he changed too much, too often, and questions must be asked about Klopp’s expertise in the transfer market too – Robert Lewandowski’s replacements simply weren’t up to it.
    Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/fourfourtwos-50-best-football-managers-world-2015-no6#8oPUB0dS6IIBE5hy.99

Oh the fun we shall have !

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Does Klopp just batter people???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

He is waiting for the Arsenal job.

Frank de Boer: I'm Not in the Running for the Liverpool Job

http://www.90min.com/posts/2618065-frank-de-boer-i-m-not-in-the-running-for-the-liverpool-job?a_aid=35396
    Good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

He'd cut Joe Allen in half with a schlap like that :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Cartman78 wrote: »
    What were Klopp's Dortmund like defensively?

Any chance he could stop us conceding shyte goals every week? :confused:

Not with Lovren anyway..

Now I understand why Joe Allen was growing the beard it was to mirror Klopp.

• Advertisement

The more I look at the Klopp possibility, it's only one good job he's had, versus the wealth of experience Ancelotti has under his belt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

If Klopp or Ancelotti get the job will they be asking the captain or Coutinho or Firmino to text a player to see if he would like to join the club I wonder.

It'd have to be whatsapp, snapchat or yo these days. Don't want to come off silly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Dick Advocaat,he will sort us out :D

It'd have to be whatsapp, snapchat or yo these days. Don't want to come off silly.

An auld lad like wouldn't be hip to those kind of things.

The young ones still use hip don't they.

Mumha wrote: »
    The more I look at the Klopp possibility, it's only one good job he's had, versus the wealth of experience Ancelotti has under his belt.

He took Mainz into the Bundesliga for the first time in there history and got them into the UEFA Cup.

Now he also got them relegated as well before he left for Dortmund.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

What was the one good job?

Which Dortmund player would everyone like to see Klopp bring with him to Liverpool if he gets the job.

Gundogan for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

He took Mainz into the Bundesliga for the first time in there history and got them into the UEFA Cup.

Now hew also got them relegated as well before he left for Dortmund.

The Mainz achievements mean little, it sounds like the sort of thing Martinez, Rodgers and handful of other up & comings have achieved.

Right now Klopp's success if focused around a short period of time, but he hit much higher targets than Rodgers ever did. Winning the league twice and a serious CL challenges. The risk with success at the upper echelons of the game in short spurts is that the possibility that it was achieved by the players more so than the manager. What you want to see is consistency in those achievements.

Klopp is a gamble, he is culturally a good fit, his achievements are impressive but he would be coming to Liverpool to cement those achievements.

I like him, but I still prefer Ancelotti as he does not fail. It's a risk based decision for me, if we gamble and lose now we risk going off a cliff and really losing touch with the CL spots long term. Klopp is a gamble, if he comes I will be 100% behind him from day one, but I will say now before he comes that I think Ancelotti is a safer bet. Not likely to play quite as exciting football, but he would be such a solid appointment and I don't think we'll ever get a chance to get a manager in with that kind of CV again. Shame to miss out.

Look at it!...(am sure the spanish translation is fairly simple).

TROFEOS
    Nacionales de clubes
    Primera División Subcampeón 1x 2014/2015
    Premier League Campeón 1x 2009/2010
    Serie A Campeón 1x 2003/2004
    Subcampeón 3x 2004/2005, 1999/2000, 1996/1997
    Liga 1 Campeón 1x 2012/2013
    Subcampeón 1x 2011/2012
    Copa FA Campeón 1x 2009/2010
    Copa del Rey Campeón 1x 2013/2014
    Super Copa Subcampeón 1x 2014/2015
    Community Shield Campeón 1x 2009/2010
    Subcampeón 1x 2010/2011
    Coppa Italia Campeón 1x 2002/2003
    Super Copa Campeón 1x 2004/2005
    Subcampeón 1x 2003/2004
    Internacionales de clubes
    UEFA Liga de Campeones Campeón 3x 2013/2014, 2006/2007, 2002/2003
    Subcampeón 1x 2004/2005
    UEFA Super Copa Campeón 3x 2014/2015, 2007/2008, 2003/2004
    Campeonato Mundial de Clubes Campeón 2x 2014 Morocco, 2007 Japan
    Copa Intercontinental Subcampeón 1x 2003
    International Champions Cup Campeón 1x 2013

3 time Champs league winner, one time runner up. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A? Yep. Won them. All of them. Countless runner up achievements too.

Which Dortmund player would everyone like to see Klopp bring with him to Liverpool if he gets the job.

Gundogan for me.

What i really hope for is BR to get a PL job and "raid" Liverpool for the likes of Joe Allen, Lovren and Lallana.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Gundogan for me.

Has to be Hummels.

Whatever about scoring goals with Reus or Aubameyang, or some midfield maestro like Gundogan, a proper CB is what we're craving. Our concession rate is unacceptable.

Gundogan for me.

Apart from Reus which is a given obviously, I'd take Sokratis Papastathopoulos.

Not only is he a great defender, his name just rolls off a Scouser's tongue. It would sound like they swallowed a beehive.

What i really hope for is BR to get a PL job and "raid" Liverpool for the likes of Joe Allen, Lovren and Lallana.

Rogers will go to manage on the continent with his next job I would guess.

I think Allen and Lallana could do well under Klopp if they could stay fit.

Lovren will be stuck with us till his contract runs down and he leaves on a free no club will pay money for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

I think Koeman will move on at end of season and Rodgers would be a good fit there; he can bring those lads home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

The Mainz achievements mean little, it sounds like the sort of thing Martinez, Rodgers and handful of other up & comings have achieved.

Right now Klopp's success if focused around a short period of time, but he hit much higher targets than Rodgers ever did. Winning the league twice and a serious CL challenges. The risk with success at the upper echelons of the game in short spurts is that the possibility that it was achieved by the players more so than the manager. What you want to see is consistency in those achievements.

Klopp is a gamble, he is culturally a good fit, his achievements are impressive but he would be coming to Liverpool to cement those achievements.

I like him, but I still prefer Ancelotti as he does not fail. It's a risk based decision for me, if we gamble and lose now we risk going off a cliff and really losing touch with the CL spots long term. Klopp is a gamble, if he comes I will be 100% behind him from day one, but I will say now before he comes that I think Ancelotti is a safer bet. Not likely to play quite as exciting football, but he would be such a solid appointment and I don't think we'll ever get a chance to get a manager in with that kind of CV again. Shame to miss out.

Look at it!...(am sure the spanish translation is fairly simple).

TROFEOS
    Nacionales de clubes
    Primera División Subcampeón 1x 2014/2015
    Premier League Campeón 1x 2009/2010
    Serie A Campeón 1x 2003/2004
    Subcampeón 3x 2004/2005, 1999/2000, 1996/1997
    Liga 1 Campeón 1x 2012/2013
    Subcampeón 1x 2011/2012
    Copa FA Campeón 1x 2009/2010
    Copa del Rey Campeón 1x 2013/2014
    Super Copa Subcampeón 1x 2014/2015
    Community Shield Campeón 1x 2009/2010
    Subcampeón 1x 2010/2011
    Coppa Italia Campeón 1x 2002/2003
    Super Copa Campeón 1x 2004/2005
    Subcampeón 1x 2003/2004
    Internacionales de clubes
    UEFA Liga de Campeones Campeón 3x 2013/2014, 2006/2007, 2002/2003
    Subcampeón 1x 2004/2005
    UEFA Super Copa Campeón 3x 2014/2015, 2007/2008, 2003/2004
    Campeonato Mundial de Clubes Campeón 2x 2014 Morocco, 2007 Japan
    Copa Intercontinental Subcampeón 1x 2003
    International Champions Cup Campeón 1x 2013

3 time Champs league winner, one time runner up. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A? Yep. Won them. All of them. Countless runner up achievements too.

Would it be right that he has only won 3 league titles?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Ancelotti is a cheque book manager ultimately

• Advertisement

Lovren will be stuck with us till his contract runs down and he leaves on a free no club will pay money for him.

Being a bit too hard on Lovren tbf. He's had some immense performances for us (not many obviously), he's just been badly mismanaged IMO. Rodgers didn't understand his strengths.

I can see Rodgers in the MLS in future, not now, but some years down the line. He speaks the mad corporate motivational nonsense that they like over there. He was completely breeze the interview process. Made for it.

Jose only had one good job before he moved to Chelsea his didn't win anything at the two previous clubs he managed before Porto.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

Ancelotti is 65, he'd only be a short term fix. Klopp could have years at it.

Ancelotti is 65, he'd only be a short term fix. Klopp could have years at it.

Eh, he's only 56?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

I might have to stop even coming on here to read this thread for a bit, every time i've logged on in the last 12 hours i've left angry.

the joy that some posters have that it hasn't worked out is mind blowing. Its should be a sad day but for some its just pure joy and another chance to take shots at a man who gave us the most memorable season in 20 years. More memorable than 05 imo and easily so (tho no moment matched the joy of the final obv). You can say it was Suarez who did it all but it wasn't, we won games when he was not on insane form (tho that was rare) and games when he didn't even play. The manager let the team go out and just express themselves in a way i've never seen from another team week in week out. The bravery that that takes is to be applauded. It went against everything that he had believed you were required to do to win games at the time but he did it. And it was a joy to behold.

And now you have fans posting gifs of how happy they are that he's gone. I agree that the time had come for him to go but it shouldn't be celebrated. He's gone now so nobody needs to worry about him "dragging the club further down" or anything like that so surely we as fans of the club should be a) looking forward to a new future under hopefully an accomplished new manager and b) remembering all those match threads like the spurs one where we lost our minds when Jonno belted in that screamer, when Suarez destroyed Norwich on his own, even when Mignolet made that peno save on day one to set us up for a season of thrills which we hadn't had in a long time.

The Rodgers has spoken! More to follow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

martyos121 wrote: »
    Eh, he's only 56?

True, my bad, still think he'll be around longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Brendan Rodgers statement

CQkWnZIWoAA3ySr.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    I might have to stop even coming on here to read this thread for a bit, every time i've logged on in the last 12 hours i've left angry.

the joy that some posters have that it hasn't worked out is mind blowing. Its should be a sad day but for some its just pure joy and another chance to take shots at a man who gave us the most memorable season in 20 years. More memorable than 05 imo and easily so (tho no moment matched the joy of the final obv). You can say it was Suarez who did it all but it wasn't, we won games when he was not on insane form (tho that was rare) and games when he didn't even play. The manager let the team go out and just express themselves in a way i've never seen from another team week in week out. The bravery that that takes is to be applauded. It went against everything that he had believed you were required to do to win games at the time but he did it. And it was a joy to behold.

And now you have fans posting gifs of how happy they are that he's gone. I agree that the time had come for him to go but it shouldn't be celebrated. He's gone now so nobody needs to worry about him "dragging the club further down" or anything like that so surely we as fans of the club should be a) looking forward to a new future under hopefully an accomplished new manager and b) remembering all those match threads like the spurs one where we lost our minds when Jonno belted in that screamer, when Suarez destroyed Norwich on his own, even when Mignolet made that peno save on day one to set us up for a season of thrills which we hadn't had in a long time.

It hasn't been too bad but I do think he deserves a lot more respect than he is getting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Right, Klopp out. He's done nothing for us.

Fair play to Rodgers, no bitterness in that statement.

Now, on to the next chapter for LFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Brendan Rodgers statement

CQkWnZIWoAA3ySr.jpg

Class act Brendan is, hope he gets a new job soon and can build up his reputation. The Liverpool job with all the pressures came too soon for a talented but rookie manager like himself. He will be a better manager from this experience and I wish him all the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Fair play to Rodgers, no bitterness in that statement.

Now, on to the next chapter for LFC

Not yet. Apparently there's a mourning period.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Nice statement. Fair play.

Let's hope he doesn't ruin it over the coming weeks by airing dirty laundry in public to keep his name in the papers like our former captain has done this season

• Advertisement

Ha, he's gone off to Malaga already!

He must've had that holiday booked for weeks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,393 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

rob316 wrote: »
    Class act Brendan is, hope he gets a new job soon and can build up his reputation. The Liverpool job with all the pressures came too soon for a talented but rookie manager like himself. He will be a better manager from this experience and I wish him all the best.

I think this is bang on. When he joined Liverpool I was willing to give him time. In fairness to him he got the team playing some lovely attacking football and got us our highest league finish in years.

However he has been a bit naïve and maybe the job came to soon for him. He needs to go take a break from the game for a while and rebuild his confidence. I'd like to see him do well in the future and I'll keep an eye on his career going forward.

We as fans now need to all get together behind the new manager and stop all the petty infighting which have plagued the last few threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I think this is bang on. When he joined Liverpool I was willing to give him time. In fairness to him he got the team playing some lovely attacking football and got us our highest league finish in years.

However he has been a bit naïve and maybe the job came to soon for him. He needs to go take a break from the game for a while and rebuild his confidence. I'd like to see him do well in the future and I'll keep an eye on his career going forward.

We as fans now need to all get together behind the new manager and stop all the petty infighting which have plagued the last few threads.

Here here. Who ever comes in we all need to pull together and get behind the team and manager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,041 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Surely a degree of revisionism here? Season 2 somewhat came out of nowhere and it was a few months into the season at that I think.

I remember large swathes of fans, me included, being very dissatisfied even early in Season 2. I remember feeling bloody mystified at times if I am honest.

It was only in the later half of season 2 looked like he nailed it and a lot of fans openly admitted to being wrong about him.

I think there was quite a gradual and consistent improvement from when he came in until the end of season 2 to be honest. Poor first half of season 1. Then hitting around 1.85 ppg in the second half. Bettered that slightly, hitting around/close to 2ppg in the first half of season 2. Then powered on to a ridiculous second half of season 2.

The first half of season 2 of course doesn't compare to the majesty of when everything clicked in the latter half - but we had still done enough to be top of the league on christmas day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

BR's statement - "The club showed great character."

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement