Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

kfallon wrote: »
    To be fair the players were just as much to blame for bottling it in the end, unfair to just pin that on Rodgers!

Nobody bottled it!! They were shut out by one of the all time great spoilering managers. That game was perfect for Jose and if the ref had been a bit braver and given some early and deserved yellows who knows how that game goes, or if Stevie doesn't slip. We bottled nothing. We lot the 3 goals against Palace trying to score 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    You actually should be banned for saying that... how on earth did he bottle it?[/B] What other liverpool manager in HISTORY (and we have some history) won as many league games in a row as he did? Was he the one who caused our captain to slip at the worst possible time? Was he the responsible for City going on a run as impressive as ours, that gets lost in the debate about that season a lot btw, City were INSANELY amazing that year too.

I wanted Rodgers gone post United. I felt that he wasn't going to turn it around but that in no way devalues what he did two years ago.

Tbh i don't know why i'm bothering replying to you, you're just sitting there basking in the glow of being right and thrilled with yourself... which is not what being a football fan is supposed to be about.

God you are one sad man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Because Brown and Curbishley would have been able to do what he did?

Good to see you posting. Yesterday must have been a tough time, I was a little worried when you hadn't been about all day. Time heals all wounds, things will get better. I know it may seem a little soon for all this Klopp talk but a new journey is what we all need right now. Lets all just get behind him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

God you are one sad man.

What Liverpool manager won that many league games in a row?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

There's posters on here who wanted Rodgers to stay, and don't want Klopp because of his final season with Dortmund, but keep banging on about Rodgers best season 2 years ago (the season he bottled the league) while ignoring the fact Klopp won leagues and cups with Dortmund while Rodgers has won sweet f**k all.

Bottled the league? You post some ****e

• Advertisement

Good to see you posting. Yesterday must have been a tough time, I was a little worried when you hadn't been about all day. Time heals all wounds, things will get better. I know it may seem a little soon for all this Klopp talk but a new journey is what we all need right now. Let all just get behind him.

I was posting yesterday.

What Liverpool manager won that many league games in a row?

What did Rodgers win?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭mudstack

Classy statement from Rodgers.

I hope Klopp is the man to get the most out our current squad if appointed. I'd prefer Ancelotti because of his pedigree and experience in the Premiership.

I still see us coming up short tbh.

We finished second in the league the year we had Suarez. I don't see the big deal with the fact we only done it because we had Suarez. Big players win you the league, just look at Chelsea, Utd, Arsenal and City teams that have won the league, always have top players.

We did well that year given the fact our team wasn't full of top players like the other top clubs.

The last time we came close was with Benitez when we had Alonso, Gerard in his prime, Mascherano, Torres in his prime, Carragher among others.

We have some players with potential to be top class but none there yet. I hope whoever comes in can get the best out of them and are backed by the owners with a couple of finished top class players provided we can attract them.

Fans need to realise where we are at though. We have finished in the top 5 once in the last 6 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Nobody bottled it!! They were shut out by one of the all time great spoilering managers. That game was perfect for Jose and if the ref had been a bit braver and given some early and deserved yellows who knows how that game goes, or if Stevie doesn't slip. We bottled nothing. We lot the 3 goals against Palace trying to score 10.

No, they did bottle it, I outlined it here, they shít themselves for the last 4-5 games. We don't like to admit it, but it's true

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=97238590&postcount=6043

What did Rodgers win?

Could you answer the question? It's OK to say his name when it comes to something positive, it won't hurt.

• Advertisement

What did Rodgers win?

So the next manager will be sh*t if he wins nothing? Say he comes second, champions league finalist and FA cup finalist in his 2nd year? He's a failure yeah?

I used to think the Liverpool job was the hardest job in football. Expected to win everything with a budget dwarfed by the top clubs and fans who go mental at the drop of a hat. But i also thought it would be the most rewarding as those mental fans would adore someone who brought them even a sniff of success and would respect the job he did. Now I just think its the worst job in football. Its worse than the newcastle one. There are an increasing number of fans like you who are so deluded that they can't even appreciate what kind of an achievement it was that season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Good to see you posting. Yesterday must have been a tough time, I was a little worried when you hadn't been about all day. Time heals all wounds, things will get better. I know it may seem a little soon for all this Klopp talk but a new journey is what we all need right now. Lets all just get behind him.

latest?cb=20150615201637

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

If it makes it easier to think he did fu ckall, then.. Jaysus... yeah.. whatever works.

No, they did bottle it, I outlined it here, they shít themselves for the last 4-5 games. We don't like to admit it, but it's true

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=97238590&postcount=6043

You're wrong. A team doesn't come back to win like we did at Fulham or City and be a team bottling it. You don't go 3-0 up against Palace if you're bottling it. We didn't lose the lead at Palace because we were scared of losing, we lost it cause we were going all out for a huge scoreline. Thats not bottling.

I was posting yesterday.

I know but I often find in situations like this it is the next day that is the hardest when the reality really sets in after a nights sleep. Anyway you seem to be getting on with things rightly, good for you.

So the next manager will be sh*t if he wins nothing? Say he comes second, champions league finalist and FA cup finalist in his 2nd year? He's a failure yeah?

I used to think the Liverpool job was the hardest job in football. Expected to win everything with a budget dwarfed by the top clubs and fans who go mental at the drop of a hat. But i also thought it would be the most rewarding as those mental fans would adore someone who brought them even a sniff of success and would respect the job he did. Now I just think its the worst job in football. Its worse than the newcastle one. There are an increasing number of fans like you who are so deluded that they can't even appreciate what kind of an achievement it was that season.

If the next manager is here for 4 years, gets sacked after spending £300 million and doesn't win anything he will be deemed a failure just like Rodgers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Just listening to Tony Barrett on Off the Ball...the relationship between Rodgers and The Committee sounded absolutely farcical

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

You're wrong. A team doesn't come back to win like we did at Fulham or City and be a team bottling it. You don't go 3-0 up against Palace if you're bottling it. We didn't lose the lead at Palace because we were scared of losing, we lost it cause we were going all out for a huge scoreline. Thats not bottling.

Completely wrong I'm afraid, the pressure got to them and they bottled it. No shame in it, Utd did it pre-Sky, Newcastle did it too, it happens!

If the next manager is here for 4 years, gets sacked after spending £300 million and doesn't win anything he will be deemed a failure just like Rodgers.

At least you won't be writing him off after 6 games right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

I was posting yesterday.

And at any point yesterday did you admit you were wrong about Rodgers & FSG over the last few weeks with you constantly rabbiting on about him going to turn it around and them giving him the time to do it?

• Advertisement

Completely wrong I'm afraid, the pressure got to them and they bottled it. No shame in it, Utd did it pre-Sky, Newcastle did it too, it happens!

So explain how the beat City then... surely if they were a bunch of bottlers they would have lost what by most was considered to be THE title decider?

Mr Alan wrote: »
    And at any point yesterday did you admit you were wrong about Rodgers & FSG over the last few weeks with you constantly rabbiting on about him going to turn it around and them giving him the time to do it?

I didn't say he was going to turn it around, I said him doing so was a possibility. Something which I'll stand by.

I'll also freely admit that it was ridiculous to back him in the summer in the transfer market and replacing the backroom staff and then sack him after 8 league games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

There's posters on here who wanted Rodgers to stay, and don't want Klopp because of his final season with Dortmund, but keep banging on about Rodgers best season 2 years ago (the season he bottled the league) while ignoring the fact Klopp won leagues and cups with Dortmund while Rodgers has won sweet f**k all.

Can we please quit this point scoring crap, the mans gone and moving him on now was the right move assuming we get Klopp or Ancelotti but that doesn't mean we have to **** all over him and anyone who enjoyed our "bottled" league Challenge.

Was Brendan only here for 6 games? God it felt an awful lot longer.

Does it matter? He felt the manager could turn it around, you (and FSG and many others) didn't. It doesn't matter who was right. The decision has been made and now we can focus on things other than whether he's able to turn it around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Access will be resorted if requested by pm - it will be your second and final life. ty.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

shutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If your argument is he spent 300 million, every man and his dog knows he didn't.

300 million was spent while he was manager.

He was given a shortlist of players and got to choose from them. Players he wanted probably weren't even on the shortlist.

You'll be crying about the new manager before long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Surprise, surprise....he's back after a long ban and things haven't changed, same old sh1t-stirring. Do the mods even care? This thread has gone to sh1t.

• Advertisement

No but remember last week when you said Firmino was a flop who would be gone in January?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,041 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

mudstack wrote: »
    If your argument is he spent 300 million, every man and his dog knows he didn't.

He was given a shortlist of players and got to choose from them. Players he wanted probably weren't even on the shortlist.

Whether or not this is even true doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things...his job as a manager was to get the best out of the players at his disposal. He has failed to do that for over a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

mudstack wrote: »

Dodgy signings aside, Liverpool were underperforming under Rodgers for quite some time. They have the 5th best squad in the league imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

OfcSpreadsheetNav_v3.png

So we can keep track of all the point scoring going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

klose wrote: »

"Jurgen, want a go off me club?"

"Grand"

• Advertisement

OfcSpreadsheetNav_v3.png

So we can keep track of all the point scoring going on.

Point scoring is certainly no penis measuring.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Whether or not this is even true doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things...his job as a manager was to get the best out of the players at his disposal. He has failed to do that for over a year.

He did get the best out of them, he finished 7th which was about right. The club made terrible signings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

5starpool wrote: »
    shutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Je Suis Mario:

paddling+blackadder.jpg

Does it matter?

Yea, it does.

He's a mouth piece who has been rabbiting on for a long time about how criticism of Rodgers was unfair, his job was not realistically under immediate threat from FSG and scoffing at people thinking we'd make a move for someone like Klopp to replace him (who wouldn't even be interested in our advances if we were stupid enough to try)

He has subsequently been shown to be comprehensively wrong on all accounts and any poster worth their salt would hold their hands up and admit as much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Jesus lads the pettiness on both sides is ruining this thread. Used to be a great read. Now it's like a load of teenagers hit puberty at the same time. Could people grow the fcuk up and if not then shut the fcuk up? Sound.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 143 ✭✭Fellaindinho

Pepp1989 wrote: »
    Jesus lads the pettiness on both sides is ruining this thread. Used to be a great read. Now it's like a load of teenagers hit puberty at the same time. Could people grow the fcuk up and if not then shut the fcuk up? Sound.

Ha lol. You must be new here?
    The soccer forum is all about pettiness an onemanupship.

Pepp1989 wrote: »

Someone didn't have a nice breakfast....

Can we all just not get along and posts gifs of our new overlord?

klopp.gif

Yea, it does.

He's a mouth piece who has been rabbiting on for a long time about how criticism of Rodgers was unfair, his job was not realistically under immediate threat from FSG and scoffing at people thinking we'd make a move for someone like Klopp to replace him (who wouldn't even be interested in our advances if we were stupid enough to try)

He has subsequently been shown to be comprehensively wrong on all accounts and any poster worth their salt would hold their hands up and admit as much

I was wrong about him being sacked, that doesn't mean FSG went about it in the right way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

fair to say i will remain a fan of brendan rodgers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I was wrong about him being sacked, that doesn't mean FSG went about it in the right way.
    When we have our new manager & when he suffers poor results. Don't start referencing Rodgers saying we should have kept him etc please.

Did you not also think that if he was sacked we wouldn't go for the likes of Klopp?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

For selfish reasons, I hope he doesn't take a job in the Premier League. He'll be nailed on to beat us this season and probably do the double next. I'm not just kissing his arse now that he's gone, I can just see that happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

fair to say i will remain a fan of brendan rodgers.

I want him to do well wherever he ends up next. No ill will for the man, just didn't want him managing Liverpool any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

206fmyr.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement