Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

magma69 wrote: »
    I want him to do well wherever he ends up next. No ill will for the man, just didn't want him managing Liverpool any more.

no argument there, some lads took it personally when we didnt win the title and blame him for the pain there still feeling,childish.

how dare he come so close

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

MD1990 wrote: »
    When we have our new manager & when he suffers poor results. Don't start referencing Rodgers saying we should have kept him etc please.

No intention of it, I'll let the results speak for themselves, I won't be like LuckyLloyd and Mr Alan hankering a hard on for an ex manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

No intention of it, I'll let the results speak for themselves, I won't be like LuckyLloyd and Mr Alan hankering a hard on for an ex manager.

He'll be hard to forget given all that silverware to remind us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Post makes no sense. Like most of your posts actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Klopp for the Kop.

We need some German magic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

5starpool wrote: »
    shutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gifting you your extra one life without the pm request because reasons. Use it wisely.

We shall overcome.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Post makes no sense. Like most of your posts actually.

I won't harp back to an ex manager constantly.

I'll get behind the next manager just as much as I got behind the previous incumbent.

It's a shame that you can't claim to do the same.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Over the years on here or twitter/Facebook you may have heard me talk about our mini bus The Fun Bus. 15 of us from Irish Kop got together a few years ago and bought it for going the games.

Well Sky Sports found out about it and did a bit on us 2 years ago. Have a look, feel free to share it and help get the word out that you dont have to pay mad money to see LFC play.

2 Years ago today. Sky Sports following us, what could go wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

So lads, a question for you all.

Is any one of you against the Klopp appointment? Also, assuming he gets the job - how long do we give him?

• Advertisement

Is any one of you against the Klopp appointment? Also, assuming he gets the job - how long do we give him?

I'm fully behind the appointment, I just don't feel he will give us as much of an improvement over Rodgers as people are expecting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

shutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    You're wrong. A team doesn't come back to win like we did at Fulham or City and be a team bottling it. You don't go 3-0 up against Palace if you're bottling it. We didn't lose the lead at Palace because we were scared of losing, we lost it cause we were going all out for a huge scoreline. Thats not bottling.

Can you at least accept that this is a matter of opinion and debatable? We walked out as underdogs against City, flew into a 2 - 0 lead and then retreated within our shells. We regrouped then and nicked it in emotional fashion. The following week against Norwich we were incredibly nervy to say the least. I think we didn't approach Chelsea rationally and when things started to go wrong against Palace we collectively wilted.

And you know what? That's okay. That's sport and pressure at the sharp end. You have to lose one to win one as they say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Also, assuming he gets the job - how long do we give him?

6 games. My usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Best thing about google images is that I now have a Klopp gif to reply to anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

I'm fully behind the appointment, I just don't feel he will give us as much of an improvement over Rodgers as people are expecting.

3.5 seasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

I'll give Klopp until Christmas, if results are not good we can get Ancellotti in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

He has a track record of success. I'd be happy to let the remainder of this season play out and allow him the two windows to shape things anyway with no minimum competitive expectations. Then next season I'd be hoping we're aiming for CL qualification and moving forward again.

But time for no one is infinite. If he comes in and performances and results are poor through the end of the season he'd end up in a similar position to the one Rodgers found himself in to begin this year. That's modern football - rightly or wrongly.

I think it would be a wonderful coup by the way. I'd prefer Ancelotti as the safer appointment but Klopp is a man who would be in the frame for every job in Europe right now that became available so it would be a very significant upgrade and our most exciting appointment since 2004.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Mumha

I think the timing was wrong. If they were going to do it, do it back in the summer when there was a transfer window for the new manager. That not done, Rodgers should have been given until Christmas.

Also, while it looks like Klopp was a done deal all along, Ancelotti should have been given more consideration, which it doesn't look like the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Can you at least accept that this is a matter of opinion and debatable? We walked out as underdogs against City, flew into a 2 - 0 lead and then retreated within our shells. We regrouped then and nicked it in emotional fashion. The following week against Norwich we were incredibly nervy to say the least. I think we didn't approach Chelsea rationally and when things started to go wrong against Palace we collectively wilted.

And you know what? That's okay. That's sport and pressure at the sharp end. You have to lose one to win one as they say.

Of course its debatable. We don't really know what the mental state of the players was. But I HATE when its used as a stick to beat the manager with. And I honestly don't believe we did bottle it. I think we just got Jose'd and a little unlucky. There will be nerves, of course there will but I don't think they caused us to lose. I certainly don't think Stevie bottled it when he slipped and unfortunately that moment ended up being the defining moment of the end of the season. I also don't think Aspas bottled the corner... i just think he was sh*t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Whoever the manager is I would be looking at 5/6th this season and a deep run in cup competitions.

Next season after a summer of being able to shape the squad I would expect a run at top 4 and a cup final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Watching the Wayne Rooney documentary on BBC. Apparently we offered him a trial, he wasn't keen :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

The ignore function doesn't seem to be working on the android app

Damn it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,041 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

mudstack wrote: »
    He did get the best out of them, he finished 7th which was about right. The club made terrible signings.

You can't go through that list of players and honestly say he got them playing to the best of their ability. In a lot of cases, they were actually playing amongst the worst football of their careers. Balotelli and Lovren in particular, but plenty more were far from their personal peaks. Lallana, Markovic and Lambert were also shadows of their former selves.

On the other side, how many players were playing the best football of they careers? Maybe Coutinho in patches? And that would be about it.

If all of our players play to the best of their ability, we finish higher than we did. That's the number one job of the manager. If he gets the most out of what he has, then you can start arguing about what he could have done with players he wanted more, but as he didn't, that argument is moot. Lallana and Lovren are clear examples of that - clearly both Rodgers signings, neither was a patch on how they were the previous year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Have any of ye traveled over to games with Irishkop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

I'll give Klopp until Christmas, if results are not good we can get Ancellotti in.

Should we bring Messi in the January window or wait till next summer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Charlie19 wrote: »

I did a few years ago for the home game against United which we won 2-0 thanks to Torres & Ngog. It's cheap but the boat and bus is a killer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Based on what?

Because you can't be basing it on what he did with Dortmund.

His track record is on a different plane altogether to Rodgers.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Based on what?

Because you can't be basing it on what he did with Dortmund.

His track record is on a different plane altogether to Rodgers.

Call it a feeling.

His record with Dortmund was great but that doesn't mean it will transfer to England.

I hope, more than anyone, that he is a success but I'll be going into his reign with as much trepidation as I went into the start of Rodgers reign.

I did a few years ago for the home game against United which we won 2-0 thanks to Torres & Ngog. It's cheap but the boat and bus is a killer.

I've never done a day-trip over myself, I generally go for the weekend if heading over. Just thinking with the way the euro is against the pound, the day trip would be a lot easier on the pocket.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

If we don't win the league and get to the Champions League semi finals at least this season I'll be disappointed.

Next season we need to win at least the league and one cup or else I'll be calling for the manager's head.

• Advertisement

If we don't win the league and get to the Champions League semi finals at least this season I'll be disappointed.

Next season we need to win at least the league and one cup or else I'll be calling for the manager's head.

Seriously? People give out about my posts and people get away with nonsense like this? What does this add to any discussion?

Gifting you your extra one life without the pm request because reasons. Use it wisely.

We shall overcome.

Damn, I can't talk about you behind your back yet.

It's a matter of time though. The amount of people I've put in ignore across all the years I've posted on various forums = 0, so I'll fall foul of the rule at some point I'm sure. I'll duplicate my posts elsewhere for you though if you want, although context might be lacking there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I've never done a day-trip over myself, I generally go for the weekend if heading over. Just thinking with the way the euro is against the pound, the day trip would be a lot easier on the pocket.

Are you in Dublin? If so it wouldn't be too bad. I was up early from Kilkenny to catch the ferry so was a bit wrecked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Call it a feeling.

His record with Dortmund was great but that doesn't mean it will transfer to England.

I hope, more than anyone, that he is a success but I'll be going into his reign with as much trepidation as I went into the start of Rodgers reign.

Well if he runs into difficulty at any stage I do hope you give him the same unstinting support - some might say blind faith - you gave Rodgers this past while.
    And you know, if we get Klopp it's a fantastically exciting appointment, no sitting on the fence about it. It also seems to me that he really wants this job, not just any job and that he gets Liverpool.
    I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve about this appointment - had been going over to games 3/4 times a season and just not looking forward to seeing us live anymore. This will change that, will energise the support - the atmosphere's been awful for well over a year - and, hopefully the players. Those it doesn't, Klopp will upgrade on. Bravo to FSG if they get this one over the line. It's a bloody good time to be a Red.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Mumha wrote: »
    I think the timing was wrong. If they were going to do it, do it back in the summer when there was a transfer window for the new manager. That not done, Rodgers should have been given until Christmas.

Also, while it looks like Klopp was a done deal all along, Ancelotti should have been given more consideration, which it doesn't look like the case.

I don't agree the timing was wrong at all. As gutted as i was after the Stoke match (i couldn't stomach watching the goals and highlights and it'll be a while before i do), i was happy enough to give Rodgers another season.

The likes of Klopp and Ancellotti were just leaving their current clubs and going on sabbatical, so as far as i was concerned, give Rodgers another season to try to turn things round. If he did, great. If he didn't, by Christmas some managers would hopefully be available who weren't in the summer.

Klopp and Ancellotti now seem available already and the international break is as good a time as any to make the break with Rodgers.

If we end up getting either of these two managers, it will have been worth giving Rodgers an extra few months. If we had got rid in the summer, who knows who'd be managing us now.

As for the players brought in, maybe they would have been brought in anyway under a different manager. For example, there's no way Rodgers bought Firmino, i'm assuming that was a TC signing. But the likes of Klopp might get the best out of him.

All said and done, it doesn't really matter when Rodgers should have went. The fact is, he went yesterday and we seem to be on the verge of getting a quality manager.

I'm excited now at the prospect of getting the likes of Klopp or Ancellotti. I think it may have been Lloyd earlier who was saying it would be good to get a big name manager we can all get behind and i absolutely agree. It's time the petty bullsh!t ended in this thread.

A big name manager with the experience of winning things will get all the time he needs, not six bloody games.

And if it is Klopp, i wanna see that mad f*cker running down the line and jumping into the Kop when we score. I wanna see him slap the linesman for calling an offside incorrectly. I wanna see him suplex LVG into the stand and then start laughing like a maniac.

And when all the opposing fans start piling in telling us what a disgrace he is and how they used to like him but it's sad to see what he's now become, we can all tell them where to go, cos he's one of ours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

mosstin wrote: »
    Well if he runs into difficulty at any stage I do hope you give him the same unstinting support - some might say blind faith - you gave Rodgers this past while.

Oh it, won't be Klopp that'll get it, it'll be the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

Yeap. Am a member on there for a good few years. Been over a few times in the Benitez days with them but since FF ruined the economy haven't had the funds to go in years. Thanks Bertie :mad:

mosstin wrote: »
    And you know, if we get Klopp it's a fantastically exciting appointment, no sitting on the fence about it. It also seems to me that he really wants this job, not just any job and that he gets Liverpool.
    I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve about this appointment - had been going over to games 3/4 times a season and just not looking forward to seeing us live anymore. This will change that, will energise the support - the atmosphere's been awful for well over a year - and, hopefully the players. Those it doesn't, Klopp will upgrade on. Bravo to FSG if they get this one over the line. It's a bloody good time to be a Red.

As I said earlier, he will get just as much support from me as Rodgers did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

martyos121 wrote: »
    Best thing about google images is that I now have a Klopp gif to reply to anything.

What's the gif?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

I did it a couple of times with my 12 year old son. The ferry and bus was grand. The pi$$ed up sing song on the coach was a bit rough for the young lad but then I should have anticipated there'd be a good bit of drinking along the way.

All in all a good trip. You can immerse yourself totally with the group, stay on the fringes or drop out all together for bits if you want. The only drag on the last trip (which was to Wigan in 2010) was we lost 1-0 and the trip back to the Holyhead and the ferry home were a real drag. Might have been different if we'd won or I wasn't minding the young lad!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭mudstack

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    You can't go through that list of players and honestly say he got them playing to the best of their ability. In a lot of cases, they were actually playing amongst the worst football of their careers. Balotelli and Lovren in particular, but plenty more were far from their personal peaks. Lallana, Markovic and Lambert were also shadows of their former selves.

On the other side, how many players were playing the best football of they careers? Maybe Coutinho in patches? And that would be about it.

If all of our players play to the best of their ability, we finish higher than we did. That's the number one job of the manager. If he gets the most out of what he has, then you can start arguing about what he could have done with players he wanted more, but as he didn't, that argument is moot. Lallana and Lovren are clear examples of that - clearly both Rodgers signings, neither was a patch on how they were the previous year.

Lovren, Balotelli, Markovic are crap and wouldn't get near other top 4/5 teams. Lallana was injured most of the season. Lambert was out of his depth and isn't doing great now either.

I can't be sure how involved he was in what transfers but time to be realistic.
    Some fans hero worship players who are not good enough and blame the manager for not getting the best out of them.

7th was about right.

Are you in Dublin? If so it wouldn't be too bad. I was up early from Kilkenny to catch the ferry so was a bit wrecked.

Yeah that sounds like a long day But It might not be too bad for me since I'm in Dublin.

Its an option to think about.
    Cheers

Does this mean Enrique gets a fresh start on social media.

That 'ghost' next page on this thread - almost as if Boards are reserving it for news of Klopp's announcement. I keep clicking the damn thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Does this mean Enrique gets a fresh start on social media.

I'm waiting for the pic of him and the missus in baseball caps and horn-rimmed glasses on instagram.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Call it a feeling.

His reign would be met with less trepidation by me because he's a proven winner.

He'd also get more leeway than Rodgers did because he's a proven winner.

It'd be an entirely different appointment to the Rodgers one.

corwill wrote: »
    I'm waiting for the pic of him and the missus sister in baseball caps and horn-rimmed glasses on instagram.

:D

I did it a couple of times with my 12 year old son. The ferry and bus was grand. The pi$$ed up sing song on the coach was a bit rough for the young lad but then I should have anticipated there'd be a good bit of drinking along the way.

All in all a good trip. You can immerse yourself totally with the group, stay on the fringes or drop out all together for bits if you want. The only drag on the last trip (which was to Wigan in 2010) was we lost 1-0 and the trip back to the Holyhead and the ferry home were a real drag. Might have been different if we'd won or I wasn't minding the young lad!!

Was that the game Sterling made his debut? I was at that game as well anyhow, and I think that was when he made his debut? Perhaps it was Suso who made his debut then actually?

SlickRic wrote: »
    His reign would be met with less trepidation by me because he's a proven winner.

He'd also get more leeway than Rodgers did because he's a proven winner.

It'd be an entirely different appointment to the Rodgers one.

How many seasons would you give him if he consistently finished 5th/6th?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement