Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I'm not gonna lie I am looking forward to his autobiography once he's sacked. What a wonderful piece of fiction it'll be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

Everyone knows I've wanted rid of him and have long before most so an honest question can anyone defend Rodgers and explain why he should be give more time?

I would think now that the only reason Brendan should keep his job is that the replacement isn't lined up and ready to take over.

Getting rid of Rodgers now and getting in Alan Curbishley isn't going to help.

If they can get Klopp then FSG should do everything in their power to get him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

tinpib wrote: »
    I would think now that the only reason Brendan should keep his job is that the replacement isn't lined up and ready to take over.

Getting rid of Rodgers now and getting in Alan Curbishley isn't going to help.

If they can get Klopp then FSG should do everything in their power to get him.

I'd sack him right now and have Gary Mc as interim manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Everyone knows I've wanted rid of him and have long before most so an honest question can anyone defend Rodgers and explain why he should be give more time?

Can you explain how you will hit your 25 a day post quota if Rodgers was sacked?

362141.png

Honestly I find your posts insufferable, that's your posts not you, your obsession with everything Brendan Rodgers is annoying. Also you seem to be giddy because Liverpool lost, must be nice to have the ability to rejoice in victory or defeat.

I await your passive aggressive vague comment about Pilsbury Doughboy meltdowns.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I also hate the team at the moment.

Moment of magic in Stoke.

Turgid in every game so far.

He is not the right man. He is weak.

Edit: I hate admitting this but I stopped watching after the penalty. I can't remember ever doing that before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Surprised nobody has come on denouncing all these posts as knee jerk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

3 man midfield of Lucia Can and Millers. Far too idealistic tactics for personnel like that. No dynamism, pace, creativity or even ball winning ability.

He's flogging Gomez at left full aswell in order to try and look clever.

A good side will be judged by its spine. Ours is Mignolet Skrtel Lovren Milner Lucas (Can, Henderson) Benteke.

There's your issue, it's poor. Benteke is a good player though.

Suarez playing out of his skin 2 seasons back gave this charlatan a rep of being a good manager.

He won't be going anywhere for couple of months though at least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Have to stay off social media for the next while. Utd fans will be in full swinf, and they deserve it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Can you explain how you will hit your 25 a day post quota if Rodgers was sacked?

362141.png

Honestly I find your posts insufferable, that's your posts not you, your obsession with everything Brendan Rodgers is annoying. Also you seem to be giddy because Liverpool lost, must be nice to have the ability to rejoice in victory or defeat.

I await your passive aggressive vague comment about Pilsbury Doughboy meltdowns.....

Yikes. This is a bad post.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

362141.png

Thing is though he's been proved right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

We played a poor united team today, we looked clueless and we're dominated. It's impossible to justify playing Lovren and I can't understand selecting Gomez either, he offers nothing going forward on the left side, give him game time but he's not first choice.
    This is Rogers team, he's stuborn and I can't see improvements, time to get rid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Vicxas wrote: »
    Have to stay off social media for the next while. Utd fans will be in full swinf, and they deserve it too.

The worst part is they don't deserve it, they were shîte as well.

Just not quite on our level of shîte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

All I can think now is its a shame United didn't get another couple of goals because as it stands its going to take something like that to shock FSG into action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

And please Brendan, before you leave, get ****ing Sakho back in and lovren out.

The man is championship standard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Thing is though he's been proved right

I'm being stalked I wouldn't have know except for quotes.

Thanks lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Well good start to the season completely wasted.

Back to Kenny at the end levels of mediocrity. Big money signings that the manager doesn't know how to use.

Not opposed to a change of manager now at all.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Surprised nobody has come on denouncing all these posts as knee jerk.

I wouldn't say knee-jerk no, lots of people are raising valid concerns, a lot of ott slagging of BR mind you.

The lack of clean sheets in recent games will surely force Linda's hand in getting her fella to sack The Rodgers.

Holy Smokes, nice reply, why is it a bad post?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭doc_17

I lost faith in Rodgers when he signed Joe Allen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

martyos121 wrote: »
    Rodgers needs to do a Pillsbury Doughboy in the post-match interview.

Quit and reapply for the job in a few weeks?

Well played. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Benimar wrote: »
    That's it, he's done. He's not turning this around. I thought Rodgers should have been sacked in May but was willing to give him a chance at the start of the season, but he's learned nothing.

We have scored 3 goals in 4 games. One was offside and the other two were 'worldies', so not one legitimate goal created by team play yet.

I just hope FSG make a move soon, before old Roman gets an itchy trigger figure down Chelsea way.

This is one of the most salient points. Nothing has changed from the end of last season. The team as a creative force is non existent. Those lads talking about how disappointed we will be that he isn't going to get the sack are idiots. I'm not disappointed, I'm ****ing furious. We should expect much better, demand much better, if the owners choose to sit on their hands it is a ****ing disgrace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

United have done us a massive favor here.

Yes, I feel so incredibly grateful. Honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

"Defensively we weren't bothered" says Rodgers

Yeah, we didn't give a shít it seems.

• Advertisement

Holy Smokes, nice reply, why is it a bad post?

It adds nothing to the conversation and the poster it is directed at hasn't engaged you in some time on this thread. A reasonable definition of a poor post imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭doc_17

Criticising the youngest player in your team is really brilliant Brendan. Way to go

and change name :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

"Defensively we weren't bothered" says Rodgers

Yeah, we didn't give a shít it seems.

The only person who gave an actual sh1te on that pitch today for Liverpool was Ings. He was tracking back and always looking for the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

it is the inabilty to take responsibility that is killing me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Yes, I feel so incredibly grateful. Honest.

You will understand in a few months

doc_17 wrote: »
    Criticising the youngest player in your team is really brilliant Brendan. Way to go

Gomez is being set up to fail by Rodgers thus far.

I would play Enrique at this stage, that is an obvious choice if he is fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Getting gubbed 6-1 by Stoke was virtually a sacking offence for any Liverpool manager in itself. Got a stay of execution but really does seem like a matter of time now. Just hope the decision isn't delayed so long that the likes of Klopp or Ancelotti will have found jobs in the meantime.

The fact that Rodgers was given an entirely new back room staff before the season though means they'll be given time most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Ring Ring

Hello its Tom Werner Here is Mr Kloop there

One moment sir

Hello yes Mr. Kloop Tome Werner here wondering if you are still available for the Liverpool job

Your not are you sure

Okay no problem.

(Phone put down)

Damn we may have to stay with Rodgers. I wonder who else is available

Jon Stark wrote: »
    I've always seen myself as one of the more reasonable fans towards Rodgers, but the longer things are like this the clearer it becomes that there was an MVP alright in 13/14, but it wasn't Rodgers.

We were simply blessed when we signed Suarez and it will be a long time before we sign another with his talent and fear factor.

There's no need to rewrite history.

Rodgers came up with the change that got the best out of Luis and Sturbridge, as well as Sterling and Coutinho. Everybody thought he was mad playing Gerrard there.

There is only so long you can dine out on past performance though. All that money spent last season looks wasted and we still look crap attacking wise despite another fortune spent this Summer.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

I don't see any point in sacking Rodgers if there isn't a better replacement available.

Every man and his dog would have Klopp, but should he not be interested, who are the candidates?

Look lads, I'm glad this is approaching its conclusion. We can all move on and hopefully put the absolute nonsense around his time as manager behind us. I am ****ing enraged that he survived the end of last season however. That is utterly indefensible from FSG, and speaks to their inability to make a horse race of this club to the standards we should demand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

We will only ever be a midtable club under Rodgers. He is a fraud.

Some have thought it for a while. Some have known for a while. I have felt it since around the home game against Utd last season.

It wasn't so much the result. I can take some of those. Bad results will happen. Maybe not to the extent of a 6-1 against Stoke or a 0-3 to West Ham. But results like today happen.

What I cannot ignore is the way the team is playing, the way it's set up, the personnel he is choosing, and the positions he's playing many of those personnel in.

Gomez, a youngster bought from Charlton, a CB, now our first choice LB for some inexplicable reason. Not his fault, he's good, he just shouldn't be pit in that situation.

Lovren, first choice, a flop. How does he keep starting?

Ings, played out fúcking wide. The logic? He's fast, so he must be able to play there. Ridiculous.

Milner, shackled on a system that basically accentuates his weaknesses and nullifies his strengths. He's not a MF general. He's Stevie G (in his pomp) light. Play him as such.

I could go on.

But let's be honest. All these players can't be as bad as we're seeing. They can't.

We've scored 3 goals this season. 2 absolute worldies and an offside goal. The team is not functioning with the ball. There are no partnerships (bar maybe Coutinho/Benteke) developing. There is little cohesion, and the identity we had with Suarez/Sturridge/Sterling is gone. We are a nothing team right now in the grand scheme of things.

At one point, Skrtel ran out of defence in the second half, didn't know where to go, didn't know where to pass it, got tackled, and gave out. We look amateur. We don't look coached to attack effectively.

The players also look petrified.

Utd weren't even good today. In fact, they were pretty shíte. We lost a goal because we were unaware and badly coached. We also came onto the field with a fiercely negative approach. We didn't want the ball and had no idea how to use it. And this pattern has been going on for far too long.

I'm a patient man. I'm sometimes fickle. I sometimes knee jerk. But my thinking on Rodgers is not. He is found out.

The owners have a big decision to make in the coming weeks and months. We have good players. There are enough talented players there to make us a good, progressive team. Solidity is needed, as is an identity.

Rodgers is now out of his depth. He wasn't when he had Suarez. But he is now.

I also hate watching us play. It shouldn't be a chore.

But it is.

Brendan Rodgers. You're done.

LiamoSail wrote: »
    I don't see any point in sacking Rodgers if there isn't a better replacement available.

Every man and his dog would have Klopp, but should he not be interested, who are the candidates?

Do you know what I kind of agree I mean otherwise we could get some one like Hodgsons but we may find someone want a job who might actually gain some respect from this team because at the moment I feel the Rodgers has lost the team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Ring Ring

Hello its Tom Werner Here is Mr Kloop there

One moment sir

Hello yes Mr. Kloop Tome Werner here wondering if you are still available for the Liverpool job

Your not are you sure

Okay no problem.

(Phone put down)

Damn we may have to stay with Rodgers. I wonder who else is available

Just when I thought things couldn't get worse :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

rarnes1 wrote: »
    and change name :pac:

latest?cb=20081020220011

Look lads, I'm glad this is approaching its conclusion. We can all move on and hopefully put the absolute nonsense around his time as manager behind us. I am ****ing enraged that he survived the end of last season however. That is utterly indefensible from FSG, and speaks to their inability to make a horse race of this club to the standards we should demand.

Agh 13/14 was worth having him as manager, clock is ticking now though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

LiamoSail wrote: »

Completely agree.

SlickRic wrote: »

Good post I agree with the vast majority, well worded and far more articulate than just coming on and saying BR is ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

x43r0 wrote: »
    latest?cb=20081020220011

Urgan Kloop

@SlickRic, I'd thank that twice if I could. Sums the whole thing up superbly.

careca wrote: »
    Just when I thought things couldn't get worse :pac:

It could happen lets hope not and this is coming from a Rodgers fan up to last years Stoke game

**** it I'm off to watch Narcos. Need something to cheer me up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Do you know what I kind of agree I mean otherwise we could get some one like Hodgsons but we may find someone want a job who might actually gain some respect from this team because at the moment I feel the Rodgers has lost the team

Who though? Klopp aside, who would be both attainable and capable of turning the club around?

Ancelotti's out of work, he could be a possibility, though I'm not sure what his record is like at clubs where he hasn't had significant resources relative to the competition

• Advertisement

K-9 wrote: »
    Agh 13/14 was worth having him as manager, clock is ticking now though.

Form / performances have continued in a straight line from where they finished up. He lost it last year, he should have been sacked.

Ultimately, I have no doubt this is the pinnacle of his managerial career. We are losing nothing by letting him loose, he isn't the man for a job of this stature.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement