Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

Any chance Tuesday - Thursday can be removed from this week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Mourinho couldn't do it.

Thing is Klopp is madder than Mario so he might succeed in that regard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Just looking at the Dortmund reddit and two names that crop up as possible transfers are Subotic and Bender as they are not favoured by Tuchel. The later can play as a CB but is a DM first and foremost. With Lovren ****e and Lucas 29 soon with Allen surely on his way out in the next two windows I'd not be surprised if they were on the January shopping list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I'd say he's still in the job because nobody better is available, an interim manager could do even worse

Somebody like Capello could be a better shout than the dreamland Klopp and Ancelotti calls, he is a proven winner at least and would attract a better quality player than Liverpool currently possess

Not sure what his current occupational status is, I think the Russians sacked him. He seems to be available to whoever as long as they pay him well

klopp-laughing-2.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Wonder will he be backed in January?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

klose wrote: »

I can see him wanting a midfielder or two anyway, so he'll have to be.

No point sacking a manager and bringing someone like Klopp in anyway if you're not going to invest with him.

klose wrote: »

Guess it will depend on how we are doing. One of the rules of moneyball that I actually agreed with it, is never give a new manager money. He should always be forced to spend time with the current squad so he can learn over time the strength/weaknesses so when they do spend money it is in the right areas from a proper educated opinion of the squad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Any chance that klopp could put a word in one of reus, Hummel's or gundagans ear to join him at lfc in January or am I asking for too much ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Another surge of money for Klopp on the exchanges - 1/10 with Betfair now.

It looks like this is really happening!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

It's going to happen, isn't it? This is magnificent news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I would give up on the idea using time trying to reason with the high maintenance, man-child Balotelli. Time would surely be better spent working with players who really want to try in football, and not put in the odd good performance when they feel like it.

Good News Barrett

Good News Barrett

:P

tumblr_nan3qj6IfU1tdwamwo3_400.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Me

FullMoon2010.jpg

Go away out of it with that monstrosity of an image brevity, ya bollocks.

No wonder boards is broke. Fucking HD and all.

The amount of times I've stolen that moon from Google images for Halloween posters, this week alone.

Tony Barrett's bit from the Times
    Liverpool hope to have Jürgen Klopp installed as Brendan Rodgers’s successor by the end of this week after the former Borussia Dortmund manager indicated he is willing to take on the challenge of reviving their fortunes. After opening formal talks with Klopp and his representatives yesterday, Liverpool are increasingly confident that the 48-year-old will become their next manager in the wake of Rodgers’s departure, which was confirmed after the 1-1 draw with Everton on Sunday.
    A three-year contract is understood to be under discussion, with Klopp informing Liverpool of his desire to bring Zeljko Buvac and Peter Krawietz, two of the most senior members of his coaching staff, with him to Anfield. That move would increase the likelihood of Sean O’Driscoll and Gary McAllister, Liverpool’s assistant manager and first-team coach respectively, following Rodgers out of the club.
    Liverpool do not anticipate the club’s transfer policy becoming a sticking point because they are prepared to offer Klopp final say on signings, as was the case with Rodgers, with the German having also shown a willingness to work within a collegiate recruitment system throughout his managerial career.
    Klopp’s emergence as the leading contender to succeed Rodgers has resulted in Carlo Ancelotti, the former Chelsea and AC Milan manager, reluctantly accepting that his services are unlikely to be required as Liverpool look to conclude negotiations with their No 1 target in the coming days.
    Liverpool’s search for a new manager is being overseen by Mike Gordon, the president of Fenway Sports Group (FSG), which owns the Merseyside club. As part of that process, FSG now has the opportunity to restructure Liverpool’s coaching set-up, a development that could lead to Steven Gerrard being offered a return to Anfield, although that would only be considered if Klopp were favourable to the idea.
    In contrast to previous managerial changes at Liverpool, FSG has no desire to revamp the club’s academy as it looks to ensure upheaval is kept to a minimum. While a close friend of Rodgers, the academy director Alex Inglethorpe, has offered no indication of wanting to leave as a result of his departure.
    Liverpool have opened talks with Rodgers over a compensation package in what both parties expect to be a cordial procedure given the strength of the 42-year-old’s relationship with his former employers. Rodgers flew to Marbella on holiday yesterday and has left the negotiations in the hands of his legal advisers, with Liverpool expected to pay him in the region of £7 million in lieu of the remaining two and a half years on his contract.
    In a statement released by the League Managers’ Association on his behalf yesterday, Rodgers admitted to being “incredibly disappointed” that his tenure at Liverpool had been brought to an abrupt end but thanked FSG for giving him the opportunity to manage the club.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/clubs/liverpool/article4577065.ece

• Advertisement

One more just because it is ****ing epic :pac:

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,547 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Gettiing more excited now as the rumours ramp up.

So I assume Klopp will unite this thread and the manager bickering will stop.

So what will his task be in the meantime? I'd imagine organising them better , playing players in correct positions, eg No more Can in defence, Sakho as senior CB.

What would we expect him to do between now and January?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

vwMin.gif

#KloppfortheKop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Knex. wrote: »

A lifesize picture.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Gettiing more excited now as the rumours ramp up.

So I assume Klopp will unite this thread and the manager bickering will stop.

So what will his task be in the meantime I'd imagine organising them better , playing players in correct postions, eg No more Can in defence, Sakho is senior CB.

What would we expect him to do between now and January?

yeah right. :p

I fully expect Mignolet to be playing on the wing with Skrtel as an old fashioned no 9 creating knock downs for Ings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

500.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I picked Liverpool as my club to support 7 years ago when I was 12, because
    my dad is a supporter.

All the ****ty years we have had, this is probably the best news in my time supporting Liverpool. After what 25/26 years, we finally have a superstar manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

not yet wrote: »
    Klippity Klop tick tock.

Two weeks ago folks..

• Advertisement

#KloppfortheKop

Was it a pipe dream for us all those months ago or did we really believe it could happen? Anyway our dreams have come true and this is great for the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

I mooned ye all.

Muah ha ha ha

my dad is a supporter.

All the ****ty years we have had, this is probably the best news in my time supporting Liverpool. After what 25/26 years, we finally have a superstar manager.

Pull the handbrake up there a little George, I agree that it's great news but superstar is just a bit to far..

Was it a pipe dream for us all those months ago or did we really believe it could happen? Anyway our dreams have come true and this is great for the club.

Oh I believed I knew in my gut it would happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,979 ✭✭✭doc_17

my dad is a supporter.

Rafa????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

my dad is a supporter.

Kenny and Rafa may decide disagree.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Easy lads!

I had a nightmare last night that Chelsea swooped in and signed Klopp instead!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,547 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

https://twitter.com/GuillemBalague/status/651154379895009281

I always knew Balague was a spoofer but he's excelled himself with this effort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

my dad is a supporter.

tumblr_n44r1eo08K1tp5565o1_400.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

murpho999 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/GuillemBalague/status/651154379895009281

I always knew Balague was a spoofer but he's excelled himself with this effort.

one of the worst going.

McAllister.

Why the **** would Liverpool sack Rodgers 8 games in for Gary McAllister.

Ballbag is off his chuck.

• Advertisement

Oh I believed I knew in my gut it would happen.

Have to admit I thought the owners bottled it in the summer.

Give it to McAllister until, the summer? Balague is some tulip.

I do feel like there could be problems getting Klopp. Just because that's what we do. Get problems.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

The reason we pine klopp over ancelloti, in spite of their comparative records, is because LFC and its supporters are always about heart over head, the emotional rollercoaster, etc. Klopp is a nut job who we all just know will connect on an emotional level with the fans from minute one, in a way that ancelloti never could. We want that rollercoaster in spite of knowing it comes with no guarantee of success. We'll all be in it together, just like we were with Rafa.

So... FSG?

Easy lads!

I had a nightmare last night that Chelsea swooped in and signed Klopp instead!

Klopptomaniacs?

More fuel on the fire of Rodgers player judgement, though to be fair we knew about Joe Allen. Imagine threatening to resign over such a player. They should have fired him then and there! :pac:
    LiverpoolFF
    @LiverpoolFF

Paul Joyce- Brendan Rodgers did not want Firmino but 'accepted' him so long as he could also sign Benteke.
    LiverpoolFF
    @LiverpoolFF

Paul Joyce- Rodgers threatened to leave Liverpool if the owners didn't sanction the deal for Joe Allen in 2012.
    LiverpoolFF
    @LiverpoolFF

Barrett- Rodgers wanted to sign Ashley Williams instead of Sakho, Ryan Bertrand instead of Moreno and Clint Dempsey instead of Sturridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Mumha wrote: »
    I think the timing was wrong. If they were going to do it, do it back in the summer when there was a transfer window for the new manager. That not done, Rodgers should have been given until Christmas.
    The timing wasn't wrong at all. A draw against West Ham and a win against Norwich no matter how unconvincing would have bought Rodgers more time. 15 points from the first 8 games would have been evidence of improvement on last season. 14 points was the bare minimum required. 12 points from 8 games was unacceptable, only 3 points off of the top 4 but the results and performances dictated that he had to go now. We played Arsenal on August 24th and the team have been flat since then, that's a period of seven weeks.

By leaving Rodgers in place until Christmas, FSG would effectively be writing off the season. Replacing him now meant there is still a chance of a place in the Champions League next season by securing a place in the top 4 or winning the Europa League competition.

I didn't expect Rodgers to survive the end of season review but he obviously made a good case for himself. He got the players he wanted in the transfer window and he almost shipped out all of those he didn't want. Given the fact he was allowed to spend a reasonable amount of money in the transfer window I expected him to get until Christmas to prove himself.

He couldn't have been under any illusions going into the season that a repeat of last season was all that was expected of him and the team yet that is what was being delivered.

my dad is a supporter.

I picked Liverpool as my team 43 years ago despite my aul man being a manc supporter, In that time I've seen 5....yes 5 CL/European cup wins, 11 League titles, 6 FA cups, 8 League cups,3 Uefa cups. 12 Charity shields, and a few other super cups etc....

That's what I call history, So keep your head up kid it'll come again.

So... FSG?

Outstanding display showed great character in getting their man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Somebody is briefing the press because even Maddock has the story.

Jurgen Klopp WILL work under Liverpool's transfer system as Reds look to conclude appointment (Das Mirror)
    Talks with the German have progressed quickly after being formally opened following the dismissal of Brendan Rodgers on Sunday

Jurgen Klopp is happy to work under Liverpool’s transfer system and looks certain to be unveiled as Liverpool manager before the end of this week.

Talks with the German have progressed quickly after being opened formally after Brendan Rodgers was axed on Sunday.

Klopp will meet officials from Anfield again on Tuesday, but has already indicated he will take the job, and barring any late hitches as details are thrashed out, he should sign up by Thursday or Friday.

Liverpool’s American owners have a transfer committee with an emphasis on identifying young talent, with potential to increase value.

Klopp will be given the final veto on incoming players, but will also be expected to work within the financial structure which seemed eventually to both Rodgers, and led to him complaining just before he was sacked that he faced a “permanent rebuilding job”.

Klopp is used to such a system and has a reputation for developing talent into world-class stars, with names such as Robert Lewandowski, Mario Gotze and Marco Reus on his list.

He has worked with a “transfer committee” at Dortmund and was happy – providing he had the final say.

It emerged in Germany on Monday that Klopp told friends he will be back in football “within the week”, as reports suggested he had indicated to Liverpool he was ready to cut short his one-year sabbatical.

That indicates Rodgers was axed because the German became available, but the former Reds boss insisted on Monday he felt no bitterness towards the men who sacked him.

He said: “I would like to give a special mention to John W. Henry, Tom Werner (chairman) and Mike Gordon (FSG president).

“They gave me this great opportunity and even though we will no longer be working together I am sure our relationship and friendship will continue into the future.”

Klopp is likely to agree a three-year contract, with an option for a fourth year, and he is also looking to bring in his long-term Dortmund assistant Zeljko Buvac, along with a fitness coach from Germany.

That could see the departure of Liverpool assistant manager Sean O’Driscoll, but a large majority of the remaining staff may be retained.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement