Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,547 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Interesting interview with Klopp that offers seem insight to Klopp's mentality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Will we see Sahin come back to Anfield??!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Just listening to Tony Barrett on Off the Ball...the relationship between Rodgers and The Committee sounded absolutely farcical

Deets?

5starpool wrote: »
    Damn, I can't talk about you behind your back yet.

It's a matter of time though. The amount of people I've put in ignore across all the years I've posted on various forums = 0, so I'll fall foul of the rule at some point I'm sure. I'll duplicate my posts elsewhere for you though if you want, although context might be lacking there.

ah it'd be grand if ye just ignored him. I had 0 blocked for most of my years and 1 for the last couple - not a soccer forum poster. Ticking along nicely now, it'll just be my own blog soon.
    SlickRic wrote: »
    Patience will not be endless, but we'd know we have a proven winner, so he'd get a little more leeway.

Do you not think that's logical? You've stated the above a few times and it seems you don't.

Final warning m8. Stop it.
    I picked Liverpool as my club to support 7 years ago when I was 12, because
    my dad is a supporter.

All the ****ty years we have had, this is probably the best news in my time supporting Liverpool. After what 25/26 years, we finally have a superstar manager.

Back to bed scamp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Knex. wrote: »
    McAllister.

Why the **** would Liverpool sack Rodgers 8 games in for Gary McAllister.

Ballbag is off his chuck.

There were people suggesting the same thing on here during the week.

0.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I think I will my post count to 50 a day so we can start a brand new fresh thread for Mr Klopp when he arrives.

I hope that's ok with the stalker who keeps count of my posts.

Can in the German media tonight.
    'Jurgen Klopp is certainly a great coach,' Can told German newspaper Die Welt.
    'I think he has demonstrated in Dortmund that he can work at any team in the world.'
    Klopp led Dortmund to back-to-back Bundesliga titles in 2011 and 2012, and he also guided them to the 2013 Champions League final.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3261238/Jurgen-Klopp-great-coach-Emre-praises-Liverpool-s-targeted-successor-Brendan-Rodgers.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Southampton game

CQlYZ_JUsAEQpu2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I am actually starting to get embarrassed for some of the posters on here when it doesn't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

I think I will my post count to 50 a day so we can start a brand new fresh thread for Mr Klopp when he arrives.

I hope that's ok with the stalker who keeps count of my posts.

Your post count will naturally come down as you slowly ease away from posts about Rodgers, try more quality over quantity and you'll be grand.

• Advertisement

Klopp to start can at center back for lols

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Klopp to start can at center back for lols

Firmino and Ings as inside-out wing-backs. Boards.ie goes down for good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

More fuel on the fire of Rodgers player judgement, though to be fair we knew about Joe Allen. Imagine threatening to resign over such a player. They should have fired him then and there! :pac:
    In fairness those 'revelations' are nothing more than muck raking.

We knew he wanted Williams, we knew about Dempsey, we knew about Bertrand - the rumour was Chelsea wouldn't sell him to Liverpool.

Rodgers also wanted to sign Michel Vorm as competition for Mignolet but it didn't happen.

just realised I won't be able to do my fake rodgers quotes. come back brendan

Rory Smith

Rory Smith looks at Jürgen Klopp’s CV and what he could offer Liverpool in key areas
    On his first day at Borussia Dortmund, back in 2008, Jürgen Klopp set out his overriding ambition. He did not talk about trophies or titles, but about identity. “The fans should not only recognise us from our black-and-yellow shirts,” he said. “Even if we were playing in red, everyone in the stadium should think: ‘Woah! That can only be Dortmund’.”
    Over the next seven years, he achieved that aim and more. Klopp’s intense, physical signature style — what he himself would later term “heavy metal” football — was immediately identifiable even as his approach became de rigueur across the Bundesliga. Not so much because of his preferred formation — a fluid 4-2-3-1 — but because of the way he played it.
    Central to everything Klopp does is the idea of gegenpressing, chasing the ball down in packs, not once, as most teams do, but again and again, as high up the pitch as possible. “We learn it until it becomes our natural way of playing,” Marco Reus, the Dortmund winger, said. “I have experienced it on the other side, when I was at Borussia Mönchengladbach. It wears you down, mentally and physically. You know if you have just won the ball, you can’t turn around, because someone will already be behind you to press.”
    Training
    Given the effort he demands from his players, it is no surprise that Klopp’s methods are exacting. Reus described “practising pressing to death”, particularly in pre-season, while the 48-year-old has admitted that players “who only give me 99 per cent in training will have huge problems”. As his final season at Dortmund dwindled into disappointment, it was hard to avoid the suspicion that perhaps seven years of such draining work — as well as a mounting injury list — was starting to take its toll. It would not be fair, though, to characterise Klopp’s training methods as purely designed to build up stamina. At Dortmund, at least one training session a week was set aside for Life Kinetik, a programme designed to improve players’ suppleness, agility and co-ordination. It is, as Klopp has admitted, “nothing specifically to do with football”: exercises can include “juggling any number of objects”.
    Occasionally, he has shown a flair for the dramatic: at his first club, Mainz, he took his players on a pre-season retreat to Sweden, where they spent “five days hopping from island to island, catching and cooking our own food”, according to one player who survived it.
    Management style
    For all that he asks a lot of his players, Klopp is no autocrat. The abiding images of him from his Dortmund days consist of a megawatt smile, eyes glinting with a sense of fun and bear hugs for all of his players. He has never insisted on any great formality from his squad — many referred to him, affectionately, as “Kloppo” — and the bonds he forges with them are strong. He cried when Shinji Kagawa was sold to Manchester United in June 2012 and “could not sleep” when Mario Götze went to Bayern Munich in the summer of 2013.
    Just as important in the context of Liverpool is that he is used to managing upwards, too. Much of Dortmund’s recruitment — Kagawa, Ilkay Gundogan, Robert Lewandowski and the rest — was done by the club’s technical director, Michael Zorc. When he left the club, Klopp shared credit for the success with his immediate superior and the chief executive, Hans-Joachim Watzke. He will not be shocked by the collegiate environment at Anfield.
    Media
    Klopp was still a relative unknown in his homeland, when he was appointed as one of the German broadcaster ZDF’s pundits for the 2006 World Cup. The personality he displayed — “always laughing, joking” and occasionally singing with Pelé, according to one producer — made him a star in his homeland; the same character, at Dortmund, turned him into a global brand. His press conferences and interviews, even in that desperately disappointing final season, were usually delivered with a smile. Dortmund, certainly, were aware that their coach’s personality helped to win fans and affection across the world. Liverpool will hope to capitalise, too.
    Emotion
    When he left Mainz in 2008 after 19 years — as a player and then a coach — Klopp vowed not to “work with my heart so much” again. He had departed in tears, “crying for a week”, his devotion to the club almost enough to persuade him not to leave. He did not want to go through all that again.
    No such luck: his departure from Dortmund, in May, was announced at a press conference in which he seemed to struggle to contain his emotions; he spoke of his sadness at realising his time at the club had come to an end.
    Should he take the Liverpool job, it seems a fair bet that — whether he wins the league or not — it will, for better or worse, end in tears.
    The best of Klopp
    On Bayern Munich “Bayern go about football in the same way that the Chinese go about industry. They look at what the others are doing, and then they copy it with other people and more money.” On Arsène Wenger “He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. I like heavy metal.”
    On Henrikh Mkhitaryan, the Borussia Dortmund midfielder “Mkhitaryan fits us like an a*** on a bucket. What he offers is exactly what we need.”
    On Shinji Kagawa, the Japan midfielder, who left Dortmund for Manchester United “We cried for 20 minutes, in each other’s arms, when he left. He is one of the best players in the world and now he plays 20 minutes at Manchester United — on the left wing! On his wife, Ulla, a writer “She wrote a children’s book. It’s like Harry Potter — but about football. There’s no Harry Potter flying on his f****** stick — just football.”
    Clubs Mainz Feb 2001 — June 2008, Borussia Dortmund July 2008 — May 2015 Honours Bundesliga 2011, 2012 German Cup 2012 Champions League finalist 2013 German manager of the year 2011, 2012 Fifa world coach of the year, runner-up 2013

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/clubs/liverpool/article4576858.ece

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

Good chance he'll know the words and be able to sing along:)

• Advertisement

Get through to the knockout stages of the Europa League and draw Dortmund or even better meet them in the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

It is gas that he's going from one YNWA team to another, really, isn't it.

On his wife, Ulla, a writer “She wrote a children’s book. It’s like Harry Potter — but about football. There’s no Harry Potter flying on his f****** stick — just football.”
    Could become an international best seller. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Chill out lads he hasn't signed jack yet. Although it's looking possible until he's leaning his considerable 6'4" frame I won't be happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Should we get in Michael Zorc as well. He was Dortmund sporting director with klopp. Signing players like lewandowski and gundagon.

• Advertisement

gafferino wrote: »
    Chill out lads he hasn't signed jack yet. Although it's looking possible until he's leaning his considerable 6'4" frame I won't be happy.

Z4M50ye.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

We are a match made in heaven with this guy.

Klopp: "I left Mainz after 18 years and thought, next time I will work with a little less of my heart. I said that because we all cried for a week. The city gave us a goodbye party and it lasted a week. For a normal person that emotion is too much. I thought it's not healthy to work like this. But after one week at Dortmund it was the same situation. To find this twice, to be hit by good fortune, is very unusual."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I am actually starting to get embarrassed for some of the posters on here when it doesn't happen.

Only seeing this now as i'm just finished inking a Jurgen Klopp tattoo onto my face, but go f*ck yourself pal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

A lot of people wanted Rodgy out based on the assumption Klopp would be coming in, if it's Gary Monk then it's egg on the face of those people. Rodgers was deserving of more time in my opinion. The players were all on his side and giving him everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

A lot of people wanted Rodgy out based on the assumption Klopp would be coming in

Nah. Most people said they wanted Klopp. There wasn't much assumption. That's why now you're seeing people surprised or excited. If he does come in the egg will be flying in the other direction. And if he does well people saying Rodgers should have gotten longer will go very quiet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

dexter647 wrote: »
    Good chance he'll know the words and be able to sing along:)

You have to love Dortmund fans. Doesn't matter who you support, even if it's Bayern, they are the very best club fans in the world, bar none. They applauded Klopp even through defeats last season, and they were devestated to see him leave, despite the awful season they had. Hope Klopp can get that kind of support from us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,547 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

A lot of people wanted Rodgy out based on the assumption Klopp would be coming in, if it's Gary Monk then it's egg on the face of those people. Rodgers was deserving of more time in my opinion. The players were all on his side and giving him everything.

Why are you on about Gary Monk when he's clearly not in the reckoning?

Jurgen Klopp: Liverpool hope to appoint new boss by Friday (BBC)
    Excerpt:
    Colin Bell, who worked with Klopp at German club Mainz between 2001 and 2005 told BBC World Service Sport that the "charismatic" 48-year-old "lives his football".

"He's not an actor in this sense," said Bell. "He's authentic, he can show his emotions - you can see that on the sidelines when he gets upset with referees or his players.

"Klopp has this reputation in Germany as happy and easy to get along with, but he's also a very hard worker on the pitch and if the players do not please him or do not do exactly what he wants them to do then he can get stuck into them which is exactly what players need."

Gary Gordon, Dortmund academy coach, described his former boss as a "Mr Motivator" who will "open up some of the players' eyes".

He told BBC Radio 5 live: "With a team backing him, I think he'll be able to fix it in a short period of time, at least stabilise the team and be able to play at the level they're supposed to be playing at."
    They make him sound too good to be true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

murpho999 wrote: »
    Why are you on about Gary Monk when he's clearly not in the reckoning?

No one ever thinks the switch is in the reckoning when the bait is being dangled. :-)

I'm all for Klopp joining.

Ulla and Linda in the stands :D

2D1A9F7900000578-3261087-Klopp_pictured_with_his_wife_Ulla_has_been_without_a_side_since_-a-30_1444084922159.jpg

2D1A9F5F00000578-3261087-Klopp_s_charisma_will_be_welcomed_but_the_48_year_old_has_a_toug-a-31_1444084922343.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

gafferino wrote: »

Yeah a bunch of lads here need to play a big game of 'reel yourself in'. Calm yourselves!! I hope it happens, but it's just talk for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

corwill wrote: »
    Firmino and Ings as inside-out wing-backs. Boards.ie goes down for good.

Sakho to quit and Join the MMA, John Barnes and Ian Rush to get a start..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Most people wanted Rodgers out because he's been making a complete bags of it since March, with no end in sight. Most felt trepidation as to who his successor might be.

But nice attempt to reframe a narrative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I really hope the Klopp deal goes through, the anti-climax if it doesn't would kill me alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

My reaction to the idea of Klopp arriving, and sense of doom if it doesn't -

dogbert27 wrote: »
    I'm all for Klopp joining.

Ulla and Linda in the stands :D

2D1A9F7900000578-3261087-Klopp_pictured_with_his_wife_Ulla_has_been_without_a_side_since_-a-30_1444084922159.jpg

2D1A9F5F00000578-3261087-Klopp_s_charisma_will_be_welcomed_but_the_48_year_old_has_a_toug-a-31_1444084922343.jpg

Yes but what dowa his mum look like?

Back Page Bingo - may include the words Klopp, Kop, Stop, Flop, Hop, Mop and Top.

I reckon - Klopp is Top of the Kop, or Why Klopp won't be a Flop, by John Aldridge

Be interesting to see if Klopp does take over, if we're capable or not of implementing his style effectively before the season is over.

It is a tough ask, especially without a preseason behind him, but he's lucky in that Rodgers has some similarities in how he sets up to Klopp, really. When on form, Liverpool under Rodgers often pressed high up the pitch with nice intensity, and that's something that Klopp can enhance and make more consistent.

Hopefully the ground work is there that he can come in and just elevate it to another level, and really, like I mentioned above, just bring that layer of consistency that we do not have.

There is a good squad here at the moment, and regardless of what some might have you believe, Rodgers was at the very least a good coach. I think the initial workload for Klopp will be a little less because of that, than say it would have been if he came in after Hodgson or Kenny, etc.

Really hope it all gets confirmed soon so we can actually discuss this all with confidence, without the fear of looking like absolute melvins if it all goes tits up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Yes but what dowa his mum look like?
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQLnH6p1F5zMomzQIHnIxUad8A0c9i1CVgWpxTy4xBURUbc2U9Tew;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Call it a feeling.

His record with Dortmund was great but that doesn't mean it will transfer to England.

I hope, more than anyone, that he is a success but I'll be going into his reign with as much trepidation as I went into the start of Rodgers reign.

Slags people for only giving Rodgers "6 games".

Writes off Klopp before he's even signed up as manager.

Classic!!!

Knex. wrote: »
    There is a good squad here at the moment, and regardless of what some might have you believe, Rodgers was at the very least a good couch. I think the initial workload for Klopp will be a little less because of that, than say it would have been if he came in after Hodgson or Kenny, etc.

Most I think gave Rodgers the benefit of the doubt for his first season.

His second season got everyone excited which just made last season and the start of this season so disappointing.

My support for Rodgers began to turn though with our performances in the CL. I could see that he wouldn't cut it in Europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

The point of me asking was because I rank the league as priority, if he finishes 5th/6th for a few seasons in a row then IMO no amount of cup runs will save him.

Surely that won't bother you? You'll be too excited watching Courinho link up with Messi etc at Barca

boards still no worky :mad:

Classic!!!

To be fair, Caovyn is the TribalFootball of posters...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Dickerty wrote: »
    Back Page Bingo - may include the words Klopp, Kop, Stop, Flop, Hop, Mop and Top.

I reckon - Klopp is Top of the Kop, or Why Klopp won't be a Flop, by John Aldridge

Kop shop for Klopp to stop strop post Rodgers flop.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Anyone else think that Rodgers could do a Costanza on it and pretend he hasn't been fired and turn up for work today.
    george-drumming.gif
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQLnH6p1F5zMomzQIHnIxUad8A0c9i1CVgWpxTy4xBURUbc2U9Tew;)

I wish he'd hurry up and finish The Winds of Winter!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Classic!!!

Please show me where i wrote off Klopp.

And please, for the love of God, get a clue as to what you are talking about. I never slagged anyone for writing Rodgers off after 6 games. It was Firmino, our Brazilian PLAYER Firmino, the player signed this summer from Germany, Firmino. NOT RODGERS..... FIRMINO. Say it with me............ F-i-r-m-i-n-o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

The reality of the change is that we have effectively written off another season.

This should have been done in the summer...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭Ardent

Disagree. There's still plenty of time to do well this season.

Fair play to FSG for giving Rodgers a last chance to prove himself.

The reality of the change is that we have effectively written off another season.

This should have been done in the summer...

Luckily due to rank incompetence among our direct rivals Liverpool are still in the hunt for a top 4 spot. No reason why Klopp won't get the squad firing pretty quickly. It not a bad collection of players - just a poorly constructed team.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement