Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Allen, Lallana, Ings, Milner, Can, Sakho, Firmino and I would even say the Southampton Lovren are all suited to Klopp's pressing style.

I wouldn't write all the transfers off yet.
    Agreed. A new manager could be a catalyst for change in certain players. The only player who I would be completely ruling out right now is Balotelli. He is about as anti-Klopp as a player can get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I was actually very happy when we signed Lovren. But even under Klopp I would write Lovren off. Apart from 6 months at Southampton I don't think he has ever been a consistent defender at all. Didn't see him at Lyon but going by reports he had a nightmare there too. He was actually poor at the end of Southampton which I though at the time was because he was coming back from injury . I hope Skrtel is sold at the end of the season too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

A whole new wooooooooorld

gokQXKo.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Wow thats making me dizzy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

MD1990 wrote: »
    I was actually very happy when we signed Lovren. But even under Klopp I would write Lovren off. Apart from 6 months at Southampton I don't think he has ever been a consistent defender at all. Didn't see him at Lyon but going by reports he had a nightmare there too. He was actually poor at the end of Southampton which I though at the time was because he was coming back from injury . I hope Skrtel is sold at the end of the season too.

The question then arises as to who replaces them. There just seems to be a dearth of decent centre backs out there. Asking to sign Williams 3 years ago from Swansea was one of Brendan's better ideas, to be fair to him.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Did we ever find out what happened with Sahko and Lukaku?

When I seen it, it looked like Lukakau pinched Sahko's bum.
    The commentators said Lukaka trod on his foot.

Lovren is irrecoverable, and doesn't deserve any more chances.

Skrtel has done well for Liverpool over the years.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Lovren is irrecoverable, and doesn't deserve any more chances.

Skrtel has done well for Liverpool over the years.

Agreed re Lovren, I can't remember a centre back at Liverpool who needed so much babysitting by the players to either side of and ahead of him. I'd happily see him leave in January. If the new gaffer gets any sort of improvement out of him, I'd be amazed.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

Unless we drop a clanger, it looks like Klopp will be the man. I'm just afraid that we have broke the bank before he got here and he won't be able to get the key players he needs.

I'm very interested thought and very excited :) Rodgers realistically should have been gone after the Stoke game last season but he was given the benefit of the doubt due to the season before which is something I blame the board for. They should have been more decisive and ruthless, like United with Moyes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Who ever the manager is will have a nice chunk of change to spend on players next summer when the new tv deal money kicks in.

If that manager is Klopp or Ancelotti the club will have for the first time in a while a name draw manager and one that is a bigger name than the players on the pitch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

I can't believe we still don't have a song for Klopp!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

BMMachine wrote: »
    Unless we drop a clanger, it looks like Klopp will be the man. I'm just afraid that we have broke the bank before he got here and he won't be able to get the key players he needs.

I'm very interested thought and very excited :) Rodgers realistically should have been gone after the Stoke game last season but he was given the benefit of the doubt due to the season before which is something I blame the board for. They should have been more decisive and ruthless, like United with Moyes

I think they always had Klopp in their sights. Were willing to give Brendan more time to redeem himself, hasn't worked out and then Klopp became available now so they have pulled the trigger and they get their man that they wouldn't have gotten in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Allen, Lallana, Ings, Milner, Can, Sakho, Firmino and I would even say the Southampton Lovren are all suited to Klopp's pressing style.

I wouldn't write all the transfers off yet.

Firmino doesn't strike me as somebody suited to a pressing game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Who ever the manager is will have a nice chunk of change to spend on players next summer when the new tv deal money kicks in.

If that manager is Klopp or Ancelotti the club will have for the first time in a while a name draw manager and one that is a bigger name than the players on the pitch.

I like the fact that they cannot spend for 3 months, will have time to evaluate players before rushing to a decision about who to try and replace.

With Sturridge back, I think we are all set for strikers, but we need to get a shape for our attack, decide how we use the width of the pitch, and settle on a first choice CB pairing (I can see Sakho with a new partner in Jan if neither Lovren or Skrtel really step up...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Klopp - Klopp - Klopp Music!
    Klopp - Klopp - Klopp Music!
    ad infinitum...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

If Klopp wants to play a similar system to the one he used at Dortmund then we'll need to get in a winger. Could be a place back in the team for Markovic.

8-10 wrote: »

Firmino at Hoffenheim hunted the ball down chased everything a bit like Suarez he tracked back defended attacked never stopped running.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Firmino is like Suarez light. Unfortunately we haven't had a chance to see that yet

He's going to love Ings so

Hopefully. I'm delighted he has shut up the "meh-ers".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

We're all part of Kloppies army
    we're all off to win the league
    And we'll really shake them up
    When we win the league cup
    Because pool are the greatest football team.

*Guitar solo*

You know what the say..

Ings can only get meh-er

Firmehno partnership.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

He's an absolute hero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Knex. wrote: »
    He's an absolute hero.

Ha, sorry I removed it as not sure if it is actually him. Ah either way it is very funny.

https://www.facebook.com/Unbelievablejeff9/videos/880127712077950/

Jurgen Klopp: Liverpool fan begs German to come to Anfield in 2013

Watch Jurgen Klopp's reaction to freelance filmmaker and Liverpool fan Ashish Sharma jokingly begging him to join the Reds back in February 2013.

Klopp, 48, who is favourite for the vacant manager's position at Anfield , was being interviewed for the BBC during his time as Borussia Dortmund boss.

The German is favourite to take over from Brendan Rodgers, who was sacked on Sunday after three and a half years in charge at Liverpool.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34454474?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_match_of_the_day&ns_source=facebook&ns_linkname=sport

Firmino at Hoffenheim hunted the ball down chased everything a bit like Suarez he tracked back defended attacked never stopped running.

Good to hear! I've only seen him play for Liverpool so that's what I was basing it on. If he's done it more in the past then great

It seems pressing is one of his best qualities

J Mysterio wrote: »
    It seems pressing is one of his best qualities

Terrific!

• Advertisement

Good to hear! I've only seen him play for Liverpool so that's what I was basing it on. If he's done it more in the past then great

I didn't think Firminho looked markedly less effective or more confused than anyone else being asked to play wide for us recently, to be fair to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i'm convinced that players many players on the books would thrive under Klopp.

Clyne, Ings, Henderson, Milner and Firmino in particular could flourish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

SlickRic wrote: »
    i'm convinced that players many players on the books would thrive under Klopp.

Clyne, Ings, Henderson, Milner and Firmino in particular could flourish.
    Good chance for someone like markovic to get another look in now too

Connavar wrote: »
    Good chance for someone like markovic to get another look in now too

I'm fully expecting Markovic to come back next year and completely embarrass the people who wrote him off. I just wish we could bring him back now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Markovic could well be saved now, which makes me happy. He was all but gone until now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

I'll be meh-ed up if/when Klopp gets appointed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Grayditch wrote: »
    Markovic could well be saved now, which makes me happy. He was all but gone until now.

Any chance he could come back early ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Knex. wrote: »
    It is gas that he's going from one YNWA team to another, really, isn't it.

Seeing what we do to players and managers careers he will be going to Celtic after us :rolleyes:

Franz Beckenbauer, who won the World Cup with West Germany as both player and manager, believes Klopp and Liverpool will be a "good couple".
    "I think Klopp is best for the club," he told BBC Radio 5 live. "It's a fantastic combination. He can achieve similar things with Liverpool like he did with Dortmund.
    "Jurgen will find out what the problem is there. Klopp and Liverpool will be a good couple."

Stefan Effenberg

a good friend of Klopp, echoed Beckenbauer's thoughts.

"Liverpool is one of the greatest atmospheres. It's pretty much the same as Dortmund," he told BBC World Service Sport.
    "The fans stay with everything behind the club and this is what he likes and what he needs."

Gary Gordon, Dortmund's academy coach.
    said Klopp will need to analyse the dynamics of the club.
    "He'll need certain people with knowledge supporting him," the Briton said. "He'll need to know about the club philosophy, down to the junior ranks, and see what sort of training they do.
    "I think he'd want final say on the players coming in. He'll have to look at what the situation is and who he's got. He'll have to get to know the players."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34452642?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_sport&ns_source=facebook&ns_linkname=sport

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

ricero wrote: »
    Any chance he could come back early ?

I think a season long loan was agree, I'm not sure how it works, to be fair.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

If he does end up as Liverpool manager (which looks very likely) too many people are saying he'll be a big success, so it is bound to be a failure using the inverse laws of hope-crushing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

If we end up getting Klopp it will be interesting to see who we actually manage to get in January. Will it be more of the same 25 million pound hopefuls or will Klopp throw his weight around and make sure we only get players that he wants. Having seen reports that the TC is staying but Klopp wants the final say I'm not too sure how well it could work.

Mr.H wrote: »
    Seeing what we do to players and managers careers he will be going to Celtic after us :rolleyes:

Celtic wouldn't be a bad shout for Rodgers. He'd get a few trophies on the cv and he can learn to strengthen his European game with guaranteed CL footy every year.

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Celtic wouldn't be a bad shout for Rodgers. He'd get a few trophies on the cv and he can learn to strengthen his European game with guaranteed CL footy every year.

He is far too good a manager for that crowd, he will be managing in the upper levels of the Premier league again soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

Celtic wouldn't be a bad shout for Rodgers. He'd get a few trophies on the cv and he can learn to strengthen his European game with guaranteed CL qualifiers every year followed by the Europa league group phase

Fyp

punk_one82 wrote: »
    If we end up getting Klopp it will be interesting to see who we actually manage to get in January. Will it be more of the same 25 million pound hopefuls or will Klopp throw his weight around and make sure we only get players that he wants. Having seen reports that the TC is staying but Klopp wants the final say I'm not too sure how well it could work.

Its been well documented at this point that there was a breakdown in the internal politics of the club when it came to transfers.

Any incoming manager will insist a process is in place that they will be happy with before commiting.

He is far too good a manager for that crowd, he will be managing in the upper levels of the Premier league again soon.

With who pray tell? Chelsea??

lel1.gif

lel1.gif

I'm not mystic meg. Please note: I didn't say he would be managing a top 4 club.

lel1.gif

Rodgers to replace LvG next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Lads, does anybody know where I can read up on Liverpools transfer committee? I hear them mentioned day in, day out, but I dont know the first thing about them.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement