Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

punk_one82 wrote: »
    If we end up getting Klopp it will be interesting to see who we actually manage to get in January. Will it be more of the same 25 million pound hopefuls or will Klopp throw his weight around and make sure we only get players that he wants. Having seen reports that the TC is staying but Klopp wants the final say I'm not too sure how well it could work.

I hope he goes after one of Dortmund's CB's. Hummels is highly unlikely to come, but Papasthapopoulos or Subotic would be a good shout.

I'd also love to see a new GK come in. Mignolet just isn't a top keeper, and Germany seems to be churning out young, top GK's at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

5starpool wrote: »
    If he does end up as Liverpool manager (which looks very likely) too many people are saying he'll be a big success, so it is bound to be a failure using the inverse laws of hope-crushing.

I'll get the ball rolling early so; Klopp out!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'll get the ball rolling early so; Klopp out!!

#Ancelotti4Anfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Hoki wrote: »
    dogbert27 wrote: »
    Celtic wouldn't be a bad shout for Rodgers. He'd get a few trophies on the cv and he can learn to strengthen his European game with guaranteed CL qualifiers every year followed by the Europa league group phase

Fyp

I think you actually broke his post :pac:

If the committee bought Aspas, they should all be horse whipped before getting the sack.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

Lads, does anybody know where I can read up on Liverpools transfer committee? I hear them mentioned day in, day out, but I dont know the first thing about them.
    Some bits on it here
    http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/brendan-rodgers-liverpool-fc-transfer-10201451

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Rodgers to replace LvG next season.

HahaNice.gif

Now that would send the United thread in to meltdown!!

Could only be topped with Hodgson replacing him! :pac:

I'm fully expecting Markovic to come back next year and completely embarrass the people who wrote him off. I just wish we could bring him back now.

At least Klopp won't play him at wingback and we'll get to see him play in his actual position.

Say what you want about Rodgers, but consistently playing players out of position, watching them flop (which tends to happen when you play them in the wrong position) and then dropping them was the thing that irked me the most about his reign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Its been well documented at this point that there was a breakdown in the internal politics of the club when it came to transfers.

Any incoming manager will insist a process is in place that they will be happy with before commiting.

It has also been said that Rodgers had final say after the TC input too and look how those signings turned out. My point being if Klopp is in the exact same situation with a TC and the final say - will our record in the transfer market improve or be just as baffling.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

At least Klopp won't play him at wingback and we'll get to see him play in his actual position.

Say what you want about Rodgers, but consistently playing players out of position, watching them flop (which tends to happen when you play them in the wrong position) and then dropping them was the thing that irked me the most about his reign.

I 100% agree and that's what annoyed me when people wrote off Markovic. If Carragher was asked to play as a right winger I'm sure he would have been a flop. Same with Suarez at centre half or Gerrard in goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

I'm not mystic meg. Please note: I didn't say he would be managing a top 4 club.

You say you're not making predictions but you did say he will be managing in the upper levels of the premier league again soon.

That to me is a prediction.

It's not a hard question, if you don't think it will be a top 4 team then it leaves you guessing at Everton, Spurs, Southampton maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Connavar wrote: »

Cheers. Quite a good read that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

That Graeme Kelly fella is at it again
    @AYPrivateEye @Saki_LFC presser planned lads. Can't break down.
    — Graeme Kelly (@GraemeKelly1) October 6, 2015

You say you're not making predictions but you did say he will be managing in the upper levels of the premier league again soon.

That to me is a prediction.

It's not a hard question, if you don't think it will be a top 4 team then it leaves you guessing at Everton, Spurs, Southampton maybe?

Spurs would be my guess. Or he gets a lesser team and moves them above their current level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

careca wrote: »
    Hoki wrote: »
    Celtic wouldn't be a bad shout for Rodgers. He'd get a few trophies on the cv and he can learn to strengthen his European game with guaranteed CL qualifiers every year followed by the Europa league group phase

I think you actually broke his post :pac:

If the committee bought Aspas, they should all be horse whipped before getting the sack.

I'm just quoting this because its such a great cluster **** of quoting.

That Graeme Kelly fella is at it again

A few on Twitter saying that the Klopp has landed in Anfield.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

I 100% agree and that's what annoyed me when people wrote off Markovic. If Carragher was asked to play as a right winger I'm sure he would have been a flop. Same with Suarez at centre half or Gerrard in goal.

Wash your mouth out. Suarez would dominate at any position he was asked to play in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

It has also been said that Rodgers had final say after the TC input too and look how those signings turned out. My point being if Klopp is in the exact same situation with a TC and the final say - will our record in the transfer market improve or be just as baffling.

My feeling is that Rodgers said he had 'the final say' so as to maintain a picture that he was 'the man'.

You look a bit gimpy as a manger of one the worlds biggest clubs who has players foisted on you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

brevity wrote: »

here he comes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

A Klopp Drop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Sky Sports are fúcking creaming themselves over Klopp.

it's slightly embarrassing.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

careca wrote: »

Not entirely... If you look at his career pre-Liverpool and post Liverpool, you will see that he is a good player. He just didn't work out for us for whatever reason. These things can happen. Can't forgive him for that corner though :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

We did just watch Aspas piss all over Barca's defence last week :) Fair play to the lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I can't believe we still don't have a song for Klopp!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Small bit of an exaggeration there.
    Markovic is predominately a winger. Stretching him to play as a wing back, whilst not his preferred position, was obviously too much for Lazar.
    We never got to see all those great things he did in those youtube videos that were doing the rounds when he signed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

If only we could find the person responsible for playing him out of postion and do something about it.

If only we could find the person responsible for playing him out of postion and do something about it.

They did, he was sacked the other day. Remember?

They did, he was sacked the other day. Remember?

Ah your on board now then ?

• Advertisement

Ah your on board now then ?

With what?

Knowing who the manager was that played Markovic out of position? Knowing that manager was sacked?

Yes I'm on board with knowing both those things.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Doesnt look like a verified account.

I've just read that Klopp is still in Germany.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Just a couple of quick points

regarding the transfer committee and whoever the new manager will be...........

Whoever it may be coming in (most likely Jurgy bear), would there be any real guarantee our transfer fortunes will turn around?? That would be a fear for many of us.

But I would like to point something out. When we where replacing Dalglish it was reported we looked at Klopp and a couple of big names, BUT it always seemed we where after Rodgers with Martinez as an alternative option.

This time around we seem to be appointing Klopp with Ancelotti as an alternative..................... If that doesnt look like a huge change in attitude from the recruitment committee then nothing will

Re Klopp:

It seems to be all positive messages doing the rounds about Klopp.......... Stay with me a sec on this. Every time a manager comes to a team in the premiership you hear about the good things about the guy yes, but you also get ex players and staff saying bad things about him.

LVG (who is a great manager lets not pretend) for instance had his few run ins with players and staff in the past and we heard from them just after he was appointed and since. Rafa, Rodgers, Jose, Ancelotti, AVB and so on, they have all had ex p[players say something bad about them in the past. Now just because people talk smack about a person doesnt mean it has substance. For example a lot of these ex players were players not favoured by these managers. You rarely here these things from players who were first choice on the team sheet.

But back to my point, Klopp seems to ONLY have good things said about him. Nobody seems to be aggrieved with him. Which means he is likely to be good when it comes to people. He seems to be a people person and thats why people dont not like him.

Now that means f1ck all for actual management skills but it is a good thing for the image of our club. So maybe Klopp coming here will also get our image back on track. Sense Hicks and Gillet and then Suarez, our image has been damaged over the last few years. Dalglish (I love the man) didnt exactly appease the press. Rodgers has been laughed at by opposition fans. Our image hasnt been great.

But Klopp seems to be liked, ALOT. By everyone. That can only be good for us. In the "great year" by Rodgers (surely his future book lol) I cant help but feel a lot more of the neutrals would have backed us if we had Klopp in charge as oppose to Rodgers................

So our transfers may not change but at least people will like us :D

With what?

Knowing who the manager was that played Markovic out of position? Knowing that manager was sacked?

Yes I'm on board with knowing both those things.

on Board with Sacking Rodgers

Nooooo!!!

Please don't start this sh*t again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

One big plus for me on Klopp is that you can imagine a lot of talented players would really want to play for him.
    So in Jan and summer, the Klopp factor might be a big element in attracting someone like a Reus, or Matuidi, or Oliver Torres for example - I think they would leave an already big club for a chance to maybe be part of something special with Klopp...

I've already spoken about the decision and won't be doing so again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

If the rumours about which players were transfer committee signings and which were Rodgers signings then I don't think the committee has been that bad.

Coutinho, Sturridge, Sakho, Moreno, Firmino, Can, Markovic - all look to have something imo. Some are important first team players already, and I wouldn't write off the others.

Very excited to see how we line up under Klopp (assuming there are no late hitches).

Mignolet

Clyne
    Skrtel
    Sakho
    Moreno

Can

Henderson
    Coutinho

----Sturridge
    Benteke
    Firmino

That would be my preferred system with the current personnel. We are really missing a pacy wide player, and I wish Markovic was still here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Everybody is definitely jinxing this. Let's talk about getting Sam Allardyce.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Has Ilori played for Villa yet?

Has Ilori played for Villa yet?

Nope, not good enough to start for Villa but definitely should have been starting for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Grayditch wrote: »
    Everybody is definitely jinxing this. Let's talk about getting Sam Allardyce.

I'd actually go and watch GAA.

Well, not quite. But it would be bad, anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

Dickerty wrote: »
    One big plus for me on Klopp is that you can imagine a lot of talented players would really want to play for him.
    So in Jan and summer, the Klopp factor might be a big element in attracting someone like a Reus, or Matuidi, or Oliver Torres for example - I think they would leave an already big club for a chance to maybe be part of something special with Klopp...

Ah now, don't be getting your hopes up for that calibre of player.

Lads, everyone is saying the committee will stay. That structure is in place in a LOT of other big European clubs. They may also have a DoF who handles negotiation and contracts, and the manager is a coach first and foremost.

But there is a risk in the manager making the decisions on who to sign. Those signings may only fit into that managers style of play, or they would sign older, more proven players because it gives a better chance of immediate return.
    At least we have been investing in younger players and TRYING to find better value, and players like Moreno, Markovic, Sakho, Clyne, Henderson, Ings and Can WILL prove to be good long term intestments - either to the first team, or to the balance sheet.

• Advertisement

i think we will see somnething more in line with this , although it does not look well balanced

Mignolet

Clyne
    Skrtel
    Sakho
    Moreno

Henderson
    Lucas

----Milner
    Firmino
    Coutinho

Sturridge

Ah now, don't be getting your hopes up for that calibre of player.

Well if he gets CL this season, why not? We are already a big club, great history, can pay the same wages as other clubs. So if the 'project' is interesting, and the coach is inspiring, never say never?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

From BBC, If Franz approves.....

Franz Beckenbauer, who won the World Cup with West Germany as both player and manager, believes Klopp and Liverpool will be a "good couple".

"I think Klopp is best for the club," he told BBC Radio 5 live. "It's a fantastic combination. He can achieve similar things with Liverpool like he did with Dortmund.

"Jurgen will find out what the problem is there. Klopp and Liverpool will be a good couple."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

I hope if Klopp comes in and maybe plays Lovren over Sakho or plays Can at the back etc that people will not start with all the spoofer talk about Klopp too. We can accept that a manager can't please every fan out there with his team selection so we can trust his judgement of what he sees himself on the training ground, I'll be pretty pissed off if he's getting grief early doors.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement