Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

'Klopp on the Kop is all Mine all mine' to the tune of Fog on the Tyne has been stuck in my head since yesterday. I've no idea why, it doesn't even make sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Don't put the house keys on it just yet. S'all I'm sayin'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

bur wrote: »
    'Klopp on the Kop is all Mine all mine' to the tune of Fog on the Tyne has been stuck in my head since yesterday. I've no idea why, it doesn't even make sense.

I prefer "Klopp around the Kop"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

rob316 wrote: »
    What is Klopp's record at Dortmund when it comes to goals conceded?

I know his preferred style is very similar to what Rodgers managed to give us in 13/14 real balls out chaotic attacking football. I've seen a good few Dortmund games under him and there has been a lot of high scoring thrillers.
    The title winning teams won the league conceding 20-25 goals. Last season Dortmund conceded 42 league goals.

Watch the 7 Years of Klopp video posted earlier, there's a lot of sound bites from Klopp, Zorc and Watzke. Some of the things spoken of was the transition from the counter attacking to the possession based football and the transfer committee (20:00-26:00). There's also a great quote from Zorc around 9:30 regarding the success of Dortmund's transfer committee because it was free of egotistical conflicts. Klopp didn't have the final say on transfers it was majority rule but he got on with his job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

This is going to be horribly embarrassing if we dont get Klopp now

• Advertisement

I will pay someone to delete the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

1ou537.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

having spent 4 days timetraveling into the past every time I checked Boards we are now been taken into the future !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

bur wrote: »

Do you have Klopp in your basement?? Is that what is holding up this deal:rolleyes:

Cmon now Bur let him back to negotiations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUGTI4i7he2LZgGyWxUDnKvepLlHOOBJwROaHY_YAatm79NPQHGg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Don't say it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

After seeing an article on the TC. What the hell are Gordon & Ian Ayre doing on it? They should just stick to the business side of things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

MD1990 wrote: »
    After seeing an article on the TC. What the hell are Gordon & Ian Ayre doing on it? They should just stick to the business side of things.
    Presume they are on there to discuss the business aspect of any signing. No point the TC identifying players without any idea if the finances around getting them are feasible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

1ou537.jpg

I think you've been on the Jack Daniels....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

1ou537.jpg

No trophy in 2026?!?!? #KLOPPOUT #SPOOFER #2027OURYEAR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Get your celebration gifs ready.

https://twitter.com/Jay_78_/status/651432114953551872

#LFC expected to announce Jurgen Klopp as the new Liverpool manager on Wednesday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

beckenbauer bigging him up on sky,he who is virtually mr bayern munich.. sounds like a plea from me..dont sign for the pool,good chance we will have a job for you this summer ..

then beckham comes on talking about ancelotti ..bursts in a big smile and says "obviuosly i cant say too much,but whatever club carlo manages next will be getting a winner" ... like he already knows and didnt wanna let the cat outa the bag ..

its carlo..i just cant accept its klopp,its too full on already ...

*hope its klopp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

brevity wrote: »
    Get your celebration gifs ready.

https://twitter.com/Jay_78_/status/651432114953551872

#LFC expected to announce Jurgen Klopp as the new Liverpool manager on Wednesday

Which Wednesday Jay? WHICH WEDNESDAY???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

ijuesu4w4vbsc1.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

He is far too good a manager for that crowd, he will be managing in the upper levels of the Premier league again soon.

Ironically it Liverpool who have form in appointing a failed Celtic manager, rather than the opposite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Wohoo!

Im getting excited now.

The energy that bat **** mad bastard will bring will be tremendous!

The press conferences we will have!

Is Jay Riley reliable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭mudstack

I'd love to hear who Brendan Rodgers thinks should be next manager, excluding himself of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Ironically it Liverpool who have form in appointing a failed Celtic manager, rather than the opposite

Huh

Is 6 months as a temporary stand in when you also win the cup now considered a failure

Let me guess a neighbour popping in because all the talk in Football is about Liverpool this week.

On yer bike mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

mudstack wrote: »
    I'd love to hear who Brendan Rodgers thinks should be next manager, excluding himself of course.

Volern.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Grayditch wrote: »
    Is Jay Riley reliable?

One of the spoofers I thought.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Huh

Is 6 months as a temporary stand in when you also win the cup now considered a failure

Let me guess a neighbour popping in because all the talk in Football is about liverpool this week.

On yer bike mate

He was an unmitigated disaster at Celtic. Ask any Tim their opinion on Dalglish as manager and they'll echo that.

Also, just because my post was critical of Dalglish doesn't mean I'm not a Liverpool fan. We don't all sleep with a picture of Dalglish beside our pillows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Klopps the story lads? Has he signed yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

He was an unmitigated disaster at Celtic. Ask any Tim their opinion on Dalglish as manager and they'll echo that.

Also, just because my post was critical of Dalglish doesn't mean I'm not a Liverpool fan. We don't all sleep with a picture of Dalglish beside our pillows

Was it not John Barnes that was manager of Celtic at that time? I thought Kenny was in a DOF kinda role.

• Advertisement

Glico Man wrote: »
    Was it not John Barnes that was manager of Celtic at that time? I thought Kenny was in a DOF kinda role.

Yea he was, then took over when Barnes was sacked. Word is that it went sour behind the scenes quiet early on. Results were terrible and signings were literally scheidt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

DeBoer just on SSN fluttering his eyelashes, talking about new adventures even though he is contracted until 2017.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

DeBoer just on SSN fluttering his eyelashes, talking about new adventures even though he is contracted until 2017.

He and Bergkamp will get the Arsenal job next summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

He and Bergkamp will get the Arsenal job next summer.

You reckon Wenger will finish up?

Possibly if they go on and win the league but he strikes me as a Fergie type in that he will get it very hard to walk away.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Yea he was, then took over when Barnes was sacked. Word is that it went sour behind the scenes quiet early on. Results were terrible and signings were literally scheidt

He was there for 3 months as manager and won a trophy. Behave yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

Kenny not a great manager? I've heard it all now.

• Advertisement

You reckon Wenger will finish up?

Possibly if they go on and win the league but he strikes me as a Fergie type in that he will get it very hard to walk away.

I do think Arsenal are more set up for someone like de Boer to walk straight into.

It may not be next year but I do think he and his back room team will end up at Arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

K-9 wrote: »

No. He's reliable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Grayditch wrote: »
    Is Jay Riley reliable?
    K-9 wrote: »

Complete bluffer. Tweet enough shit and some of it will stick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

SM01 wrote: »
    No. He's reliable.

Ha! We'll have to agree to disagree on that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Christ on a bike, are we still bickering about the past.

I pity the new man in if he doesnt get off to a start that would make ben johnson on a double dose blush.

Give it a rest will ye.

• Advertisement

I do think Arsenal are more set up for someone like de Boer to walk straight into.

It may not be next year but I do think he and his back room team will end up at Arsenal.

Didn't de Boer discount himself from moving this year, seems like he will be at Ajax for the rest of this year and won't be moving until a big job comes up. Prob be looking top 4, or top 3 as it may then be.

First time in a long time you could say that Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal have some impatience or uncertainty around their bosses to some extent.

He was there for 3 months as manager and won a trophy. Behave yourself.

Behave yourself? Are you trying to sound like Danny Dyer here?

Look, irrespective of the opinions of most Liverpool fans on Dalglish and his ability as manager, in the eyes of the vast, vast majority, his spell at Celtic was a disaster.

Obviously any judgement on his performance is part based on his time as DOF, where he was brought in as part of the "John Barnes Dream Team", to oversee Barnes in his first big job.

Kenny not a great manager? I've heard it all now.

He was sacked from his last three jobs. That doesn't happen great managers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Shut-up-gif.gif

GVFbI3L.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

mosstin wrote: »
    Ha! We'll have to agree to disagree on that one!

I'm quite the skeptic but I find he's rarely wrong and he imparts information ahead of nearly everyone else.

Didn't de Boer discount himself from moving this year, seems like he will be at Ajax for the rest of this year and won't be moving until a big job comes up. Prob be looking top 4, or top 3 as it may then be.

First time in a long time you could say that Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal have some impatience or uncertainty around their bosses to some extent.

He won't walk out of Ajax mid season so next summer will be when big moves happen for managers so maybe Liverpool pulled the trigger at the right time.

I just think with the whole Bergkamp connection and the style of football it is set up for him to move to Arsenal.

Look, irrespective of the opinions of most Liverpool fans on Dalglish and his ability as manager, in the eyes of the vast, vast majority, his spell at Celtic was a disaster.

Obviously any judgement on his performance is part based on his time as DOF, where he was brought in as part of the "John Barnes Dream Team", to oversee Barnes in his first big job.

John Barnes was a disaster as Celtic manager, Dalglish was not I'm afraid.

John Barnes was a disaster as Celtic manager, Dalglish was not I'm afraid.

Nice topic for the Celtic thread...

Nice topic for the Celtic thread...

I agree, bring it up with the person who brought Celtic in to this thread.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement