Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Is the site still fcuked for anybody?

Yep. Not as bad as it was but still not great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

I hate people who hope for 4th place finish
    I want to win and be disappointed with 2nd
    I hope Klopp feels the same
    I'm sure he does

We come 5th or 6th because we aim for 4th!
    Players playing for 4th from first game of season
    It pisses me off !

You aim to go as far up the table as possible, nobody aims for 4th ffs. It's just a minimum target.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

monkey9 wrote: »
    A)How long should he be given before a decision is made as to him being successful or not?

I really don't get this line of questioning or thinking. We haven't even appointed a new manager and we're already discussing how long he's got before calling for him to be sacked? I don't understand how fans think like that?

Anytime a new manager is appointed, i'm automatically looking to the next two or three seasons. I'm not sitting round in judgement laying down imaginary laws to a manager i have no influence over. I'm just looking forward to the next chapter.

Indeed. It's time to stop these hypathetical scenarios.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Is the site still fcuked for anybody?

Rodgers has to get a win against Everton or he's gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

What's this US business, I'm an Irish man as are most here but if your English then please excuse me

An apt username.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

djPSB wrote: »
    Rodgers has to get a win against Everton or he's gone.

Thought Swansea were playing Spurs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭mudstack

I was hoping Klopp had signed all those top players he had playing for him.
    I'm a little disappointed to hear it quoted today that about 90% of the signings were by a transfer committee. Be nice if he brought those guys with him.

What went wrong there last season? Was it just a case of the club signing poor players and selling their best players like with Rodgers last season?

I was hoping Klopp had signed all those top players he had playing for him.
    I'm a little disappointed to hear it quoted today that about 90% of the signings were by a transfer committee. Be nice if he brought those guys with him.

What went wrong there last season? Was it just a case of the club signing poor players and selling their best players like with Rodgers last season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

A)How long should he be given before a decision is made as to him being successful or not?

I really don't get this line of questioning or thinking. We haven't even appointed a new manager and we're already discussing how long he's got before calling for him to be sacked? I don't understand how fans think like that?

Some people certainly set their stall out like that with Rodgers but they were wrong then and you'd be wrong to do it now.

I wasn't excited when Rodgers was appointed - we'd gotten rid of Kenny as well so things were generally grim at the time.

But if we get this lunatic in there's great prospect for craic.

You can't really predict whether it'll be successful, but at this stage, we can probably guess that it'll be a bit of fun for the rest of the season, where, looking at our current positon as a club (if not in the table given that we're not miles off), we don't have anything to lose and neither will the manager of a team of another man's players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I really hope Liverpool end up getting Klopp, would love to see him in the Premier League.

As for aspirations, obviously not a Liverpool fan, but Liverpool are 1 win off a Champions League spot and 2 wins off City who have lost as many games. Last seasons Champions have lost 4.

A manager with faith in their ability would not be coming into that job and writing this season off as it stands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Ultimately for me it's about progression.

I don't expect top 4 this year. Or even next for that matter. We do have to remember that we are playing against the odds financially and it is correct to say par is 5th.

Like everyone, ultimately what i want is for Liverpool to be amongst the top 8 teams in Europe again. For the idea of reaching a quarter or semi final of the CL to be a pretty normal season, like in the days of Rafa. With this you would expect league challenges too. This is where we all want to be. The first step is consistent CL qualification so this should be the first aim.

However, we need to realise just how far away we are/have been from that level in the last 5 years. We have to accept that at the moment there's no strong argument to say we are not in a tier of top 4 pretenders along with Spurs, Everton, Southampton. You can spout all that "we are liverpool, we should aim for number 1" stuff, but let's be realistic when it comes to judging a new manager - we are a long way from challenging for a league and he shouldn't be expected to do so off the bat.

For me, as long as I see progression every year, as long as I see us a little further down that road towards establishing ourselves as a giant of Europe once more, then a manager will have my backing.

For this year, as he's coming into a new team in a new league with players not necessarily of his chosing, it would take a monumental failure for me to consider sacking him in the summer. A decent go in the Europa league is something that can reasonably be expected of him so that would be good to see - the quality in our squad is good enough to go far there.

Next season you would want to see progression in tge league, but again for me no knives will be out if top 4 doesn't happen. There has to be a sense of progression and a sense that we are on the right path, even if it takes over 5 years to be truly where we want to be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

TRY SUAREZ!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

When FSG sacked Kenny we were in the running for Rodgers or Martinez.

Now when they sack Rodgers we are in the running for Klopp or Ancelotti.

We have come along way under FSG's ownership.

Now when they sack Rodgers we are in the running for Klopp or Ancelotti.

We have come along way under FSG's ownership.

And under Rodgers management.

We regressed last year with too many poor signings though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

You'll know the thread is losing patience with Klopp when all the bad signings start getting attributed to him rather than the transfer committee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

Anytime a new manager is appointed, i'm automatically looking to the next two or three seasons. I'm not sitting round in judgement laying down imaginary laws to a manager i have no influence over. I'm just looking forward to the next chapter.

The intent of the question was quite the opposite of what you picked up but you work away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I don't care if the new guys makes a bags of rest of the season trying new things, as long as it start looking like it's coming together in some shape or form, by the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

I'm pretty sure Klopp will have unconditional love from me after I watch his first press conference as Liverpool manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Twitter might have news at 10pm as tomorrow's papers are up on the respective sites

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I'm pretty sure Klopp will have unconditional love from me after I watch his first press conference as Liverpool manager.

I'll wait and see the first team sheet.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

mudstack wrote: »
    They had an unbelievable injury crisis in the first half of the season: Reus, Hummels, Kehl, Sahin, Gundogan, Bender, Mkhitaryan and others were injured at some point. When the squad was restored the team climbed the table but it was too late to save their season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

With Paul Lambert mentioned as a dark horse.

A more terrifying alternate history than Robert Harris' "Fatherland".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Our club just keep dishing out the drama, we are the Downton Abbey of football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

brevity wrote: »
    Twitter might have news at 10pm as tomorrow's papers are up on the respective sites

https://twitter.com/BenSmithBBC/status/651497915735781376

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

My favourite klopp quote

“We took the team to a lake in Sweden where there was no electricity. We went for five days without food. I wanted the team to feel that they can survive everything. My assistant coach thinks I’m an idiot. He asks if we can train there. No. Can we run there? No. But we can swim and fish!”

He's nuts!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

TV3 now - "Cant pay, we'll take it away" - about Bailiffs and re-procession and stuff.... Neil Razor Ruddock features... lol...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Lots on Twitter saying that Klopps contract is 3 years plus the remainder of this year. Not bad at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

James Pearce in the Echo saying it will be tied up in the next 24-48 hours

Happy with that

Klopp is a fantastic appointment, shows ambition and I think he will be a rockstar of a manager for us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

23_carra wrote:
    James has been struggling to sleep of late.....only one thing to cure that!
    https://instagram.com/p/8gnTrhKMmy/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Beverly Hills Klopp

• Advertisement

Everyone going with he will be on Merseyside to complete deal Thursday then unveiled FRiday

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Not only does Liverpool need Klopp, but the premier league does. He is going to absolutely light it up. The antidote to Mourinho's crassness, Wenger's seriousness, and the boringness of all the others.

He is 100% box office, and Sky and BT will be creaming themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Anyone got the TAW chat with Rafa Honigstein?

No not be outdone by United getting an established manager and lunatic...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Should he be appointed....I wonder if he'll be celebrating like this when Liverpool score.

What with all the excitement I have been a bit slack this week.

Klopp er Loan Watch.

Sheyi Ojo (Wolves) - Started and subbed on 61 mins in 3-0 win (Saturday),
    Lloyd Jones (Blackpool) - full game in 2-0 win
    Vigouroux, Williams, Stewart (Swindon Town) - no game time
    Harry Wilson (Crewe) - unused sub
    Danny Ward, Ryan McLaughlin (Aberdeen) - Ward full game in 1-5 defeat, McLaughlin unused sub
    Wisdom (Norwich) - Not in squad
    Markovic (Fenerbache) - Injured
    Samed Yesil (Lucerne) Played 66 minutes, subbed
    Joe Maguire (Leyton Orient) - not in squad
    Ryan Kent (Coventry) Full game in 3-0 win
    Allan (HJK) - played 90 mins in 2-1 win
    Taiwo (FSV Frankfurt) - On bench but didn't play
    Sergio Canos (Brentford) - Came on at 46 mins in 2-0 defeat
    Balotelli (Milan) No game injured
    Ilori (Villa) not in squad
    Alberto (Deportivo) Came on at 66 mins in 1-1 away draw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I wonder how he will celebrate when he wins us the league title.

Can we recall lazar? I think he maybe a player klopp would want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

rob316 wrote: »
    Can we recall lazar? I think he maybe a player klopp would want.

Don't think so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

If we finish 6th or 7th and don't win a cup will some people seriously be calling for a replacement?

No

• Advertisement

It's very hard to stay pragmatic looking at videos of this chap. My preference is changing from Ancelotti to Klopp, when it shouldn't. That said, the fact that we're possibly in contention for either is dreamland stuff at this stage of the game.

Thankfully I'm not pragmatic about Liverpool's "fall from grace". I wouldn't pride myself on being as "realistic" as I could all the time. I still think Liverpool are a massive club, with spending power in the market and on wages and are still a draw for good players, not to mention the stadium getting sorted.

Projection is key from the pitch to the transfer market. Think small, you'll get nothing and you'll deserve as much. I think we could be back soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

I wonder how he will celebrate when he wins us the league title.

He won't as he'll be saving up the celebration for when we win the champions league days later.

Klopp and a half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Seeing as our average is lowest in league, I shall christening him.
    Kindergarten Klopp

Kindergarden Klopp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Klopp on lads.

Seeing as our average is lowest in league, I shall christening him.
    Kindergarten Klopp

well **** ya anyhow!

RoboKlopp

Am I the only one who would prefer Ancelotti?

At the end of the day the manager can only do so much and a big failing of Rodgers (no fault of his) was that he couldn't attract top quality players. I think Ancelotti would still be a bigger draw for potential signings.

Also Klopps last season was a disaster and as raphael honigstein wrote today, getting the players pumped up with brilliant team talks only works for so long until they just aren't receptive.

Obviously I will be delighted with either but I still feel Carlo might be better even given our financial restraints

• Advertisement

Ancelotti is not a development manager, Klopp is and Liverpool are far far from the finished article.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement