Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I sincerely hope Anfield is half empty for the Norwich match. It's the only way FSG will take action, when the money is coming out of their pockets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

https://vine.co/v/eFnh5u66W2J

You have to laugh or you'd cry.:D

martyos121 wrote: »
    I sincerely hope Anfield is half empty for the Norwich match. It's the only way FSG will take action, when the money is coming out of their pockets.

The game is sold out, as will every game probably regardless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

https://vine.co/v/eFnh5u66W2J

You have to laugh or you'd cry.:D

Spending so much time with A****** Smith was bound to rub off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

id say he has them persuaded to give him till danny is back and judge him then,but somethings got to give

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Who though? Klopp aside, who would be both attainable and capable of turning the club around?

Ancelotti's out of work, he could be a possibility, though I'm not sure what his record is like at clubs where he hasn't had significant resources relative to the competition

I know what you are saying but sometimes you have to say f@$k it and take the plunge as it is the team look clueless Rodgers looks clueless and is getting a bit snarky at people. Some time you have to do it be it Kloop be it Ancelotti be it a relative no one who may be good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Wonder if any of those Syrian refugees can manage a Premier League football club?

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

careca wrote: »
    **** it I'm off to watch Narcos. Need something to cheer me up.

Loads of needless bloodshed and fortunes spent?

You've just watched 90 minutes of that! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

LiamoSail wrote: »
    I don't see any point in sacking Rodgers if there isn't a better replacement available.

Every man and his dog would have Klopp, but should he not be interested, who are the candidates?

Right now the most important thing for the club is to get rid of Rodgers before he does any more damage and we finish in the bottom half of the table. There is about 15 managers in the Premier League who are a better manager than Rodgers but only Pellegrini or Mourinho could probably sort out this mess. They ain't going to come so a Pardew or Monk are the next best options. Now I wouldn't want either of them but they would do a hell of a lot better than Rodgers and have us playing a lot better than we are playing now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Look lads, I'm glad this is approaching its conclusion. We can all move on and hopefully put the absolute nonsense around his time as manager behind us. I am ****ing enraged that he survived the end of last season however. That is utterly indefensible from FSG, and speaks to their inability to make a horse race of this club to the standards we should demand.

I have no idea what this sentence means (I'm guessing you stuck it through google translate with umpteen different languages in order to tone back the colourful words you could've used) but I'm completely behind it!
    Sums up this clustermuck in one line.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Lloyd, how does it feel to be a Liverpool fan these days buddy?

Disappointed with the result, debatable free, penalty & a solo goal from a new signing.

I'm very surprised at the last 10/15 pages in here, I'll say it now and I would hope not to be berated for it (not too bothered if I am though), Rodgers will not be sacked after that, with Norwich & Villa coming up thing would look better with 13 points from the first 7 games.

EL and a cup game too of course.

In the post match speel he didn't hang Gomez either, merely mentioned he'll learn to stay on his feet at times, there was no need to slide in at all, worst case scenario was a blind cross.

I thought we were right in there with a chance until their 3rd, even at 2 - 0 down we had a go, plenty attacking play. Origi looked purposeful when he came on.

Anyway, no sacking imminent imo :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

More kudos for Slick's post from me.

Im not afraid to admit that it probably wasn't until the latter end of last season when I really lost faith in Rodgers.

That early 2015 spell blinded me a little.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Augeo wrote: »
    Disappointed with the result, debatable free, penalty & a solo goal from a new signing.

I'm very surprised at the last 10/15 pages in here, I'll say it now and I would hope not to be berated for it (not too bothered if I am though), Rodgers will not be sacked after that, with Norwich & Villa coming up thing would look better with 13 points from the first 7 games.

In the post match speel he didn't hang Gomez either, merely mentioned he'll learn to stay on his feet at times, there was no need to slide in at all, worst case scenario was a blind cross.

I thought we were right in there with a chance until their 3rd, even at 2 - 0 down we had a go, plenty attacking play. Origi looked purposeful when he came on.

I pray to god you're wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

Vicxas wrote: »
    The only person who gave an actual sh1te on that pitch today for Liverpool was Ings. He was tracking back and always looking for the ball.

He may have but there's no use winning it back and lumping it up to Benteke with no one around him. It's great to see a player with heart but only when it's used intelligently
    Was more impressed by Origi when he came on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Admit it.... you are Brendan Rodgers in disguise???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Everyone knows I've wanted rid of him and have long before most so an honest question can anyone defend Rodgers and explain why he should be give more time?

There you go^^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If as some think Klopp wouldn't take the job then de Boer would be FSG's target I think.

Vicxas wrote: »
    I pray to god you're wrong

Folks need to be mindful of the big picture here, the stadium investment is going ahead, a £30m striker just got a very good goal for us at Old Trafford, it's not all bad.

Folks were spattering on about our tough start to the season, here we are now and it's toys out of the pram.

As I mentioned, he won't be sacked anytime soon imo.

Mr Velo wrote: »
    Admit it.... you are Brendan Rodgers in disguise???

Yep, I am, well done for figuring it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I wouldn't be too quick to replace Rodgers, unless we could possibly get someone like Ancelotti.

That would also be on the condition that he doesn't sign any Italian's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Honestly, I don't care if we get 6 points from Norwich and Villa.

I've seen enough.

Folks need to be mindful of the big picture here, the stadium investment is going ahead, a £30m striker just got a very good goal for us at Old Trafford, it's not all bad.

Folks were spattering on about our tough start to the season, here we are now and it's toys out of the pram.

Surely they need to look at the big picture here. Liverpool have been **** for the majority of this calendar year. An influx of signings have yielded us 2 goals and the same defensive problems out of sheer pig ignorance to play the better people in defence.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I wouldn't be too quick to replace Rodgers, unless we could possibly get someone like Ancelotti.

That would also be on the condition that he doesn't sign any Italian's.

Can you give one good reason to keep him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

RAWK seems to have had enough. I've never seen such a crazily negative reaction to a game with the calls for the managers head. You usually get banned for questioning the manager and not seeing the positives. Unwavering support until he is gone is usually the motto but one of the mods started a thread with this and it has been let run. If this is any indication of how the local home support feel in the terraces then he is done.
    mod wrote:
    shove your money ball up your Boston hoop, we lack game intelligence from the board room right through to the playing field. Sort it the **** out, or get the **** out. That was the most spineless performance by a Liverpool team that I have seen in ****ING YEARS. You had better be in the boardroom on Monday, soft lad...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I'd rather give someone else a shot than continue with mediocrity.

Can you give one good reason to keep him?

It's only 5 games into a season.

By the way, if you want to see a well run, well coached, well managed team, look at Atletico Madrid.

Far less resources than the big 2 in Spain, they lose their best players every year, yet are still competitive.

Torres even looks decent again.

That is a team with an identity, where the team actually supercedes the sum of its parts.

It can be done if you have the right man. So don't tell me 'we'll never compete with the big boys'. Bollocks to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

We had a good start to the season points wise, but Rodgers has wasted it.

I don't know why you seem to think 6 points are a given.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement

Where nothing has changed. Best to get rid early and try to get a top 4 place while we can still achieve it.

In his 4th year in the job.

Brendan "Judge me after three years"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Hopefully this turns out as well as your prediction of 3 points. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

I thought Brendan showed great character!

That RAWK post isn't wrong.

It was spineless and gutless today. Plus we were badly coached.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

SlickRic wrote: »
    Honestly, I don't care if we get 6 points from Norwich and Villa.

I've seen enough.

Agreed. It hasn't ben right since Feb/March last year. It feels like he's lost the players too. Once that happens your done.

I worry that FSG will continue with him. They had their chance in the summer and chose not to take it.

• Advertisement

Where nothing has changed. Best to get rid early and try to get a top 4 place while we can still achieve it.

I just don't know to be honest. Today was truly awful because I felt utd were there for the taking, that's what really hurts.

I'd still be willing to give him a few more games and if by then nothing looks to be clicking, then I'd let o driscoll or Gary Mac take over till a decent manager with a good pedigree comes in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It hasn't been right since the Chelsea game in the run in when Gerrard slipped that broke Rodgers as much as it did Gerrard. Since that game Rodgers hasn't trusted himself in anyway shape or form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Unlucky today the bounce of the ball didn't go Liverpools way and then that shocking penalty. Two nothing teams today.

The team looked more terrified today than spineless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

It's like they're over coached and as a result they don't know where to go or what to do if the game goes off "script".

• Advertisement

niallo27 wrote: »
    Unlucky today the bounce of the ball didn't go Liverpools way and then that shocking penalty. Two nothing teams today.

How were we unlucky?

K-9 wrote: »

I don't know why you seem to think 6 points are a given.
    I dont think the 6 points are a given, I said things would look better with 13 points after 7 games. I do hope we get the 6 though.

2nd game on motd tonight.

Runs for cover...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Still could be worse, Juve are on zero points and are losing again tonight, Massimiliano Allegri will be free soon! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

It's funny that the "who is else is available" argument has been in place for more than a year by some.

At some stage it's no longer a reasonable excuse.

2nd game on motd tonight.

Runs for cover...

Another one i cant watch.

How were we unlucky?

Chance from the corner should have gone in, that was 1 all and different game. Utd were rubbish they created nothing. Two rubbish teams both deserved nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Seaba

First half shocking from both teams.
    Second half United had 3 chances and scored 3 goals, we had 3/4 chances and scored 1.
    United are now a good side and we are 'bang average', spineless, rotten etc.

Next week when we beat Norwich (we will) we will be getting slowly back on track and with Sturridge to come back, well....
    United on the other hand will draw with Southampton and all their good work from last weekend.....

:p

Taintless Red @TaintlessRed
    "The greatest trick that Suarez ever pulled, was convincing the world that Rodgers could manage."

niallo27 wrote: »
    Chance from the corner should have gone in, that was 1 all and different game. Utd were rubbish they created nothing. Two rubbish teams both deserved nothing.

So we weren't unlucky. They defended the chance that 'should have gone in'. They also scored their chances with no luck involved at all. And if you say Martial got lucky, I disagree. He ran at Skrtel and made something happen.

The fact they were rubbish and beat us 3-1 says it all really.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement