Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

klopps and robbersons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

“He is fantastic. He is one of the best coaches I know in the whole world and he was really a milestone for Borussia Dortmund. He took over the club and made them into a world-class team. If Liverpool has the chance to sign Jürgen Klopp, then they should do it. He likes to talk. There are not many coaches left in the world that like to talk so much to the players but he is one of them.

“Liverpool is also one of the biggest clubs in the world, so Liverpool and Jürgen Klopp is definitely a good combination. He is also a winner.”

Beckenbauer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Kahn told Sport1 television: “I can definitely see it happening and there’s absolutely no reservations at all in terms of his expertise. England would be the right next step for Klopp, also in terms of his personal development.

“Only the language may be a barrier. It’s not that I think he would have a problem conversing in English but, when it comes down to motivating the team and his team talks, that’s a small thing that may not translate so well. Jürgen’s always been really good at motivating his players and that is what he would have to prove at Liverpool.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

****ing psyched. Klopp for the Kop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

“He is fantastic. He is one of the best coaches I know in the whole world and he was really a milestone for Borussia Dortmund. He took over the club and made them into a world-class team. If Liverpool has the chance to sign Jürgen Klopp, then they should do it. He likes to talk. There are not many coaches left in the world that like to talk so much to the players but he is one of them.

“Liverpool is also one of the biggest clubs in the world, so Liverpool and Jürgen Klopp is definitely a good combination. He is also a winner.”

Beckenbauer

So Der Kaiser just called our manager a motor-mouth...
    Kahn told Sport1 television: “I can definitely see it happening and there’s absolutely no reservations at all in terms of his expertise. England would be the right next step for Klopp, also in terms of his personal development.

“Only the language may be a barrier. It’s not that I think he would have a problem conversing in English but, when it comes down to motivating the team and his team talks, that’s a small thing that may not translate so well. Jürgen’s always been really good at motivating his players and that is what he would have to prove at Liverpool.”

Emre Can and Roberto Firmino can translate for him. Or maybe they can hire someone of this parish! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Ancekloppi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

So Der Kaiser just called our manager a motor-mouth...

Emre Can and Roberto Firmino can translate for him. Or maybe they can hire someone of this parish! ;)

Our own Moley in the dressing room

Knex. wrote: »
    Ancekloppi

Sounds like Sturridges next injury

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Am I the only one who would prefer Ancelotti?

At the end of the day the manager can only do so much and a big failing of Rodgers (no fault of his) was that he couldn't attract top quality players. I think Ancelotti would still be a bigger draw for potential signings.

Also Klopps last season was a disaster and as raphael honigstein wrote today, getting the players pumped up with brilliant team talks only works for so long until they just aren't receptive.

Obviously I will be delighted with either but I still feel Carlo might be better even given our financial restraints

I wouldn't turn my nose up at Ancelotti by any means but in terms of monetizing relationships (to quote Ballers), Klopps former players are a lot more attainable for far less wages then Ancelotti's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭gnolan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Knex. wrote: »
    Ancekloppi
    Evans & Houllier didn't work out. But a Ancelotti & Klopp partnership could work.:)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Not bad, I'd take it.

CQpRDd1UwAQc-fy.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Klopp's English is pretty much faultless. He probably has a wider vocab then a couple of our English players and I'm not even saying that tongue in cheek. Not an issue at all.

It's a typical thing of German's, Dutch, Scandies thinking their English isn't great when it's actually pretty much perfect, come across this a lot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I see boards is still a bit fooked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

This chap is nuts.

Can't wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

gnolan wrote: »

Alas, i'm pretty confident that's not him...that chap is speaking English, in a very American accent. The last 3 seconds especially "Alright, I'm done".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Am I the only one who would prefer Ancelotti?

At the end of the day the manager can only do so much and a big failing of Rodgers (no fault of his) was that he couldn't attract top quality players. I think Ancelotti would still be a bigger draw for potential signings.

Also Klopps last season was a disaster and as raphael honigstein wrote today, getting the players pumped up with brilliant team talks only works for so long until they just aren't receptive.

Obviously I will be delighted with either but I still feel Carlo might be better even given our financial restraints

Carlo would be an outstanding appointment but he is the guy you call when your world class squad is faltering. He will motivate top players to go that extra mile and win a league or European cup and he is damn good at it.

Trouble is our squad profile does not fit his success pattern. Klopp would have the fire and drive to make us great again and really get anfield rocking.

Jurgen will build a team that will thrill the masses. There is an element of risk with klopp but he is the obvious choice and people will take to him instantly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Bring back Nuri Sahin.

Both of them.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Alas, i'm pretty confident that's not him...that chap is speaking English, in a very American accent. The last 3 seconds especially "Alright, I'm done".

Doesn't matter if it's really him or not. That's our manager in that Vine and he is a lunatic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Grayditch wrote: »
    Bring back Nuri Sahin.

Both of them.

I was thinking about the bold one earlier today and what he'd be saying right now. Be thrilled he would.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

I'm after forwarding that vine is it him or not lads, my reputation is on the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

~Rebel~ wrote: »

Pretty sure the alright I'm done comes from the person recording the video.

Still, Klopp is 6ft4. That guy doesn't quite look that tall to me.

But feck it, I'm saying its him regardless. You can't deny that potato quality HDness.

Edit: Yeah, its an American dude.

Look at it in HD, it's deffo not him.

Sorry :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

That's not him it's some ginger yank.

That's not him it's some ginger yank.

Or Dublin 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Heads are gonna have to roll for this monumental fck up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

We are not getting Klopp. I refuse to believe it until I see him on Ian Ayre's shoulders singing Poor Scouser Tommy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Of course it isn't Klopp lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

I was thinking about the bold one earlier today and what he'd be saying right now. Be thrilled he would.

I've always wondered about how it must feel to be sitebanned. It must feel weird to rack up thousands posts on a website, to just stop (or at least be told to stop) posting on there again. Even though I don't post a lot, it'd feel weird if suddenly I just wasn't allowed on this site forever.

• Advertisement

I was banned for a few months. It was grand. Boards isn't that great. You just find something else sh1te and pointless to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Where the fck is Kess, its gone beyond a joke now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

brevity wrote: »
    Twitter might have news at 10pm as tomorrow's papers are up on the respective sites

Read that back to yourself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I think its funny how provincial the Germans are being with the (potential) appointment. Almost everyone with a cap has had their say!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I think its funny how provincial the Germans are being with the (potential) appointment. Almost everyone with a cap has had their say!

Reckon it's nearly the other way around - every German is getting asked the question.

Like Gundongen's comments...it came across to me that it wasn't really something he was interested in talking about. Basically saying he hadn't talked to Klopp for a while, but yeah, he's a great manager so would be a good fit for loads of clubs, and yeah, liverpool would be one of them.

Which turned into; Gundongen - "Klopp a perfect fit for the Kop" or some such headline.

Beverly Hills Klopp II

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

RoboKlopp

Kloppland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Lowering the standard a bit:

Let's be Klopps

Jurgen Norbert - Mall Klopp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

BarberKlopp

• Advertisement

great signing by Liverpool. Top class manager. Looking forward to him spicing up the premier league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Kindergarten Klopp II.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Sounds like Sturridges next injury

Reminds me of the line in Only Fools & Horses when Del Boy, talking about his father says "One time when I was still at school and I was doing my homework. I asked him what a cubic foot was. He said he didn't know but he tried to have a week off work with it".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

niallo27 wrote: »
    Kindergarten Klopp II.

TimeKlopp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Hopefully not a Little Klopp of Horrors!

A bit off topic

But when is Black Klopps 3 out?

Jurgenna regret this...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Really good article on how Klopp could apply his tactics to the current squad:

http://eplindex.com/14831/jurgen-klopp-succeed-liverpool-failing-dortmund.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Have to say. This week is crawling in waiting for Fridays announcement

Really good article on how Klopp could apply his tactics to the current squad:

http://eplindex.com/14831/jurgen-klopp-succeed-liverpool-failing-dortmund.html

Ha ha.
    Obvious as ****.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement