Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Just listened to the Off The Ball podcast. They were discussing Gerrards autobiography and basically laughing at it and its contents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Does anyone think that the owners are looking to sell next summer so they got klopp in now as it be more attractive to the potential new owners ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Ah Lloyd, you're being daft. How is supporting Dortmund any different to supporting Liverpool?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Just listened to the Off The Ball podcast. They were discussing Gerrards autobiography and basically laughing at it and its contents

Think that's been fairly obvious from the extracts released via the media thus far. I'm still on "why" tbh. Wait until you've finished playing (he could play three / four seasons in LA if he wanted to) and have established a bit of distance between the whole thing. Then sit down and take your time writing the story of your career when you've had the necessary space to reflect.

Just mad really.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Tick Tock for Kop to Cop Klopp.

Hurry up Jurgen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The sheer pomposity of this nonsense discussion is amusing me at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Knex. wrote: »
    How's the hand anyway?

The painkillers are obviously good.

'Twas quite swollen for a bit there, coming down a good bit now. I'm made of adamantium so it's not broken I'd say, sure it turned out my foot wasn't broken that time. It was one of my toes that was broken a few weeks before my foot, when I stubbed it in the doorframe, which showed up on the scan.
    Found out a while after that it was ligament damage.
    Anyway that's a bit too social for here.
    not yet wrote: »
    I'll put my ace of hearts on that..

I went to school with him:D

I was one of the three wise men who brought him gifts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

ricero wrote: »
    Does anyone think that the owners are looking to sell next summer so they got klopp in now as it be more attractive to the potential new owners ?

To be honest getting someone like Klopp shouts more of wanting to stay rather than preparing to leave

If they wanted to leave I would expect them to sign a seasoned veteran to try to get a top 4 spot and sell straight away. Even selling after "the great season" would have made sense if they wanted out at all

Knex. wrote: »
    Ah Lloyd, you're being daft. How is supporting Dortmund any different to supporting Liverpool?

I'm not being daft sir. The people I'm referencing weren't Dortmund supporters at all. They were 'football cool' supporters if they were anything. And I doubt they give Dortmund a passing thought on a weekly basis now.

The sheer pomposity of this nonsense discussion is amusing me at least.

I aim to please.

• Advertisement

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I'm not being daft sir. The people I'm referencing weren't Dortmund supporters at all. They were 'football cool' supporters if they were anything. And I doubt they give Dortmund a passing thought on a weekly basis now.

Perhaps, but the same thing happens with Real and Barca sure. People like entertaining football and will watch it when you see a team excelling in it. Dortmund's European prominence was at a time when a lot of people were absolutely fed up of Barca's tiki taka, and bored stiff of El Classicos.

Seeing the German teams blitzkrieg the Spanish Giants in those semi finals was absolutely glorious for those of us who love a more direct style, and for pretty much most neutrals too, I'd say. I recall you yourself loving it too, so I'm not really sure of your point.

I don't remember too many people wandering around with Dortmund jerseys or referring to them as "we", or anything, so I do think you're going overboard.

Regardless, I had thought you were following on from Baldy's point which was specifically aimed at Nuri, the poster from here, and that was patently wrong.

He was a fan prior to the mainstream hype and I'm fairly certain he remains one now and will continue to be one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

ricero wrote: »

Nope. Makes no sense TBH. They need the club to succeed and compete at the highest level if they are trying to coin in. That would still be some way off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I still have my St. Pauli tattoo on my hand.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I think the Irish example is different. Those people are latent fans of Ireland and will always be there anytime a team of Irishmen get on the big stage (or any Irish athlete really). I think bc nails what I was referencing below:

That's what annoyed me, yes.

And I still take umbrage to the surprise people express when Athletico / Dortmund / Juventus rock up to a European Cup Final. These are huge clubs that are only ever the right manager and a clump of excellent signings in a condensed period away from scaling the mountain top. I consider us to be in the same bracket also by the way.
    You think BC nailed even though what he said about a very good old poster Nuri Sahin was completley untrue. He was a fan of Dortmund years before Klopp was manager iirc. Its know diferent to how anyone starts supporting a team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭firemansam4

Im really looking forward to the pending announcement on Friday, and hoping it all actually goes through.
    But I see there is already players coming out saying he should wait for Bayern Munich, lets hope his head isn't turned at the last moment, FSG need to wrap this up ASAP.

From sky sports...

"Former Bayern Munich striker Giovane Elber has become the first person to break ranks and suggest a move to Liverpool might not be Jurgen Klopp's best option at the present time.

Elber, speaking to Goal.com, said he feels Klopp should wait for Pep Guardiola to vacate the manager's office at Bayern, something he is confident will happen when the Spaniard's contract expires in 2016. He said:

"Why would Klopp go to England? He belongs to Germany, the Bundesliga needs him. He should recover for a year now, at FC Bayern there is action all the time.

"He is a German manager, he knows the Bundesliga and was in the Champions League final with Dortmund. If he is available, Bayern have to react.""

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Grayditch wrote: »
    I still have my St. Pauli tattoo on my hand.

I think people buy into the culture and politics of St Pauli, which is somewhat different to BVB, where the football is the attraction. Their new away top being an example of that culture

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

It is a truly awful programme tbh. No matter what people think of Ken Earley, ever since him, Eoghan and the lads left it is poxy. Not one of them have a clue about football, actually embarrassing listening to them talk.

But I see there is already players coming out saying he should wait for Bayern Munich, lets hope his head isn't turned at the last moment, FSG need to wrap this up ASAP.

Hardly a shock that an ex-Bayern player wants him to wait in line...that only benefits Bayern.

• Advertisement

It is a truly awful programme tbh. No matter what people think of Ken Earley, ever since him, Eoghan and the lads left it is poxy. Not one of them have a clue about football, actually embarrassing listening to them talk.

Such a shame, it used to be an INCREDIBLE show, never missed the spot...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

And I still take umbrage to the surprise people express when Athletico / Dortmund / Juventus rock up to a European Cup Final. These are huge clubs that are only ever the right manager and a clump of excellent signings in a condensed period away from scaling the mountain top. I consider us to be in the same bracket also by the way.

So like most other clubs then?

You seem to just be purposely ignoring the fact that Dortmund were nowhere near scaling mountain tops when Klopp took over. His tenure was special, it was exciting, his team clicked, he was a madman, the football was great, they beat better teams on paper than themselves. Why would anyone have a problem with foreign fans or neutrals enjoying that while it lasts? Nobody said they turned into die hard Dortmund fans. They enjoyed something good while it lasted. Football is there to be enjoyed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

They podcast now, twice a week, same days as The Guardian FW.

If the Bayern job comes up he'll be gone imo.

Or did I hear rumblings of a 3 year contract? That brings him up to just after the 2018 WC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Stop. Anyone who gives Johnny Giles a platform to impart his thoughts, is okay in my book.
    Could listen to Johnny for hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    'Twas quite swollen for a bit there, coming down a good bit now. I'm made of adamantium so it's not broken I'd say, sure it turned out my foot wasn't broken that time. It was one of my toes that was broken a few weeks before my foot, when I stubbed it in the doorframe, which showed up on the scan.
    Found out a while after that it was ligament damage.
    Anyway that's a bit too social for here.

I was one of the three wise men who brought him gifts.

I'm yore Da...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

5starpool wrote: »

See Shelvey was there plus the famous envelope with the names in it.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement

Vorsprung durch technik Jurgen..

I was going to ask what scouse mixed with german would sound like, then realised I only have to listen to Didi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Second Captains is awful self indulgent waffle though.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »

Them lads are so far up their own arses. Utter tripe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Ah I like second captains anyways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Good to see this affecting 'non United' fans as much as United fans.

Imagine the tears if it actually happens.

Lovren's younger brother named one of the top 50 young talents in the world.

Davor Lovren
    To answer your first question – yes, he is Dejan’s brother, but don’t hold that against him until you’ve seen him play. And you can do that if you watch Dinamo play in the Uefa Youth League. He is also one of the key players in the particularly promising Croatia side (some other names worth remembering are Borna Sosa, Nikola Moro and Josip Brekalo) due to appear at the Under-17 World Cup in Chile which starts this month. He has quick feet, flair in abundance and is very direct, at times reminiscent of Eden Hazard, the star whose style he admires the most.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2015/oct/07/next-generation-2015-50-of-the-best-young-talents-in-world-football?CMP=fb_gu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

This Rovad Nervol sounds great, cheeky £30m bid on the way maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Im really looking forward to the pending announcement on Friday, and hoping it all actually goes through.

From sky sports...

"Former Bayern Munich striker Giovane Elber has become the first person to break ranks and suggest a move to Liverpool might not be Jurgen Klopp's best option at the present time.

Elber, speaking to Goal.com, said he feels Klopp should wait for Pep Guardiola to vacate the manager's office at Bayern, something he is confident will happen when the Spaniard's contract expires in 2016. He said:

"Why would Klopp go to England? He belongs to Germany, the Bundesliga needs him. He should recover for a year now, at FC Bayern there is action all the time.

"He is a German manager, he knows the Bundesliga and was in the Champions League final with Dortmund. If he is available, Bayern have to react.""
    Bayern will have to be satisfied with Ancelotti or Mourinho if he's available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

klose wrote: »
    Ah I like second captains anyways

So do I, but I can see where the posters above are coming. Early's hate-horn for Rodgers is extreme even by the standards of this thread. He's far more focused on the personalities, drama and narratives surrounding football than he is on football itself. Can be like listening to E! News with him sometimes

martyos121 wrote: »

Hopefully those outstanding days are gone now making cheeky bids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Oliver Kay did a webchat, some questions on Klopp and LFC came up...
    https://twitter.com/LFCZA/status/651723791375159296

I knew there was a reason we signed older brother..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I enjoy it. There's no comparison between that and the 'anfield wrap' or 'anfield index' or whatever other god awful podcasts people listen to.

Off The Ball also get excellent guests on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Football Weekly wipes the floor with them.

• Advertisement

That explains a lot. FSG clearly thought they were splashing money on the younger Lovren.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

martyos121 wrote: »
    Old Van Revor

Old Van Revor

It just klopps rolling..

They podcast now, twice a week, same days as The Guardian FW.

If the Bayern job comes up he'll be gone imo.

Or did I hear rumblings of a 3 year contract? That brings him up to just after the 2018 WC.

Yeah Second Captains is a great listen.

Regarding the contract offer, I read it is till the end of this season and 3 more on top of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

I enjoy it. There's no comparison between that and the 'anfield wrap' or 'anfield index' or whatever other god awful podcasts people listen to.

I quite like The Liverpool Way.

I like it; I think they have great guests, analysts, and Eoghan is a fantastic presenter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Exciting teams ahead for liverpool.

When they do other sports, such as cycling and GAA I'll accept that it is not bad listening but their football analysis is awful IMO.

Not mad for the whole podcasts but I do enjoy the YouTube series redmen tv

• Advertisement

brevity wrote: »
    Oliver Kay did a webchat, some questions on Klopp and LFC came up...
    https://twitter.com/LFCZA/status/651723791375159296

Hangballlouie: "What is this? A post for ants? How can we be expected to read the post if we can't even see the text?"

Brevity: "Hangball, this is just a tweet and..."

Hangballlouie: "I don't wanna hear your excuses! The text has to be at least... three times bigger than this!"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement