Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Exciting teams ahead for liverpool.
    Didn't u say we will play hoofball under Klopp just a few days ago though?Did u watch Dortmund at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Wow the more I read about the transfer committee and the relationship and politics with Rodgers is farcical. Both parties mad a mess of things.

It seems pretty evident Rodgers didn't have an eye for a player past the Premier League as everyone says the PL signings were pretty much all his except Sturridge. I actually thought he bought quite well this summer but his reluctance to play Firmino, Markovic etc in the correct position and regularly looks to have cost him his job more than results.

The notion of him taking Firmino if they get him Benteke is ridiculous, these are £30m players for god sake, we cant be so careless with our spending.

I really hope this is all sorted for Klopp as no manager would succeed under such carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭Luap

I'd like to see what it's costing us to sack Rodgers. And What the comparison in wages between himself and Klopp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Luap wrote: »
    I'd like to see what it's costing us to sack Rodgers. And What the comparison in wages between himself and Klopp.

I've heard £25 million and £7.5 million.

More inclined to believe the latter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I've heard £25 million and £7.5 million.

More inclined to believe the latter.

If 25 is the value of his contract 7.5 sounds right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

It is a truly awful programme tbh. No matter what people think of Ken Earley, ever since him, Eoghan and the lads left it is poxy. Not one of them have a clue about football, actually embarrassing listening to them talk.

I really enjoy it to be honest. I miss some of the more in depth discussions on various less main stream sports although that's fair enough with the more limited time they have compared to when they were on newstalk.

They have always elicited some irrational (imo) loathing from some people people that I never got but people are entitled to their opinion I guess!

On a side note I'm always baffled that there isn't an English language sports paper similar to L'equipe.

Edit: Sorry got confused there. In summary Off the ball crap, Second Captains good imo.

AFAIK most of these contracts are capped to one years salary compensation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

MD1990 wrote: »
    You think BC nailed even though what he said about a very good old poster Nuri Sahin was completley untrue. He was a fan of Dortmund years before Klopp was manager iirc. Its know diferent to how anyone starts supporting a team.

For clarity, my comments were not directed at any individual poster. I think the phenomenon of interest in Dortmund while things were good under Klopp was a general one which extended beyond boards.ie.

It is a truly awful programme tbh. No matter what people think of Ken Earley, ever since him, Eoghan and the lads left it is poxy. Not one of them have a clue about football, actually embarrassing listening to them talk.

Off the ball is a great show, I much prefer it with the lads now than the second captains crowd who I never warmed to but now I listen to it all the time. I'm in absolute stitches listening to the quiz on Fridays too its brilliant with Wooly getting annoyed all the time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Choooo Chooo

CQtD2vgWwAAhHok.jpg

wish i knew who to credit for this masterpiece.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭dougal

Great interview from Didi

Didi tells it like it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Will be very interesting to see who Klopp rates/wants out/brings back.

Its a real shame there is no call back clause in Markovichs loan deal. Is he actually a good player or all hype?

Will also be very interesting to see what happens Balotelli when his loan ends.

Was only looking through to see when I last posted on this thread and it was this post. 3 weeks and 3 days ago! Think it was after the United game.
    Ive been a staunch backer of Rodgers since he came in. Genuinely believed he could turn it around. Have to say today is the day I feel his times up. Feel sad saying it but this performance has nailed it home. Klopp is available. Get him in before he joins another club

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

bur wrote: »
    Choooo Chooo

CQtD2vgWwAAhHok.jpg

wish i knew who to credit for this masterpiece.

I like it. But the true genius will only be revealed when a 'football fan' interprets it as being serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Knex. wrote: »
    Pretty sure the alright I'm done comes from the person recording the video.

Still, Klopp is 6ft4. That guy doesn't quite look that tall to me.

But feck it, I'm saying its him regardless. You can't deny that potato quality HDness.

Edit: Yeah, its an American dude.

It was a Kloppelganger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

joe123 wrote: »
    Its a real shame there is no call back clause in Markovic's loan deal. Is he actually a good player or all hype?

I don't think Balotelli would be his cup of tea. But Marko, if he can learn to work a little harder, could work very well with his speed and good feet. Win the ball high up the pitch, player like him, Firmino and Sturridge would be a huge threat...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

joe123 wrote: »
    Will be very interesting to see who Klopp rates/wants out/brings back.

Its a real shame there is no call back clause in Markovichs loan deal. Is he actually a good player or all hype?

Was only looking through to see when I last posted on this thread and it was this post. 3 weeks and 3 days ago! Think it was after the United game.

:P
    Balotelli is gone. No way he could possibly operate under Klopp's system.

I'm just so god damn excited! :D Praying for the announcement tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

rob316 wrote: »
    Wow the more I read about the transfer committee and the relationship and politics with Rodgers is farcical. Both parties mad a mess of things.
    I think you'll find that from now on, any of the signings who've been rubbish will be Rodgers players while any of the successful signings will have been made by the committee.

For me, both are culpable, but it's very easy to shift blame to the guy who's just got sacked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Any chance you think the owners may finally go out and break the bank for a superstar player under klopp ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

ricero wrote: »
    Any chance you think the owners may finally go out and break the bank for a superstar player under klopp ?

We spent 29m on Firmino, and 35m on Benteke in the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

We have spent over 60m on two strikers this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

How much did we spend on those strikers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Balotelli is gone. No way he could possibly operate under Klopp's system.

What are you talking about?
    4-3-3 with Tekkers - Mario - Danny across the front!
    No one is gonna mess with that - plus it'll be perfect for klippity kloppity hoofball.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Why would we wanna do that? We havent the resources of a man united (di maria), Chelsea (Torres) etc to just write it off if the signing goes to sh*t.
    The owners have spalshed a fair amount of cash into the club already and have got nothing on their investment.
    My question would be... will we be able to attract a superstar player under klopp? Consistently in the CL is our only hope/answer to that I think.

If we build it they will come. :)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Assuming it is Klopp who comes in, I'm sure we'll all be brought back down to earth with a bang fairly quickly after the first couple of games. Hopefully he will be able to address some of the shortcomings in the squad, and make us play a little more cohesively and less dangerously at the back.

Teams with new managers often get a performance bounce, so hopefully that will happen to us as well as it did when Kenny was brought in after the unnameable one. Either way, despite being realistic in what he can do this season, I can't help but look forward to the Spurs game and the rest of the season with far more optimism than I had a week ago.

I'm hoping it doesn't all go tits up at the last minute of course, and even if he comes in it could still all end badly, who knows, but I'm excited by the possibilities if it does happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

it's like waiting for fúcking Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Thidp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Knex. wrote: »
    We spent 29m on Firmino, and 35m on Benteke in the summer.

I think he means the likes of a Ronaldo or a Pogba kinda superstar - €35 million is Andy Carroll money.

So the answer is obviously no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I wonder how Sturridge will like pressing the ball for 90+ minutes each game.

I'd also wonder would his body be physically up it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,660 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Why would we wanna do that? We havent the resources of a man united (di maria), Chelsea (Torres) etc to just write it off if the signing goes to sh*t.
    The owners have spalshed a fair amount of cash into the club already and have got nothing on their investment.
    My question would be... will we be able to attract a superstar player under klopp? Consistently in the CL is our only hope/answer to that I think.

If we build it they will come. :)

Yep , if building work continues at a good pace , excitement at (if) a better performing team and manager who shows confidence and know how . The revenue streams will go up and player recruitment shouldn't be too big a problem. At big if though
    I dont mean a ronaldo or messi , but the tier below

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

ardinn wrote: »
    I think he means the likes of a Ronaldo or a Pogba kinda superstar - €35 million is Andy Carroll money.

So the answer is obviously no.

Yea basically this but more of reus or lacazette player. Not top top drawer players yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

ardinn wrote: »
    €35 million is Andy Carroll money.

You shouldnt disrespect money, talking about it like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Yea basically this but more of reus or lacazette player. Not top top drawer players yet

If Reus isn't a top, top drawer player, I don't know who is. He is a complete winger, can play all across the front line, blistering pace, scores for fun, excellent crosser, brilliant passer, world class dribbler. He can do all those things better than ANY of our forwards IMO. Certainly a top, top drawer player in my books.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

We've only spent big money when we've sold our best players and Sterling.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Ground looking impressive here with the new stand taking shape

VF413lJ.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Once we get in the right players I'll be happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

I wonder how Sturridge will like pressing the ball for 90+ minutes each game.

I'd also wonder would his body be physically up it.

It shouldn't be a problem if he's getting 150k a week.

He also did it in 13/14, although he wasn't as rabid at chasing defenders as king luis was that season.

Either way, our front men should be pressing high for most parts of every game they play. Ings has done it well this season, and I'm convinced if any of our strikers did it last season we would've been better off.

This thread is full of wonder! I wonder how I wonder why yesterday you told me about the blue blue sky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

MD1990 wrote: »
    Didn't u say we will play hoofball under Klopp just a few days ago though?Did u watch Dortmund at all.

I believed what someone else wrote, what I read. He was clearly wrong as was I .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

This thread is full of wonder! I wonder how I wonder why yesterday you told me about the blue blue sky.

• Advertisement

Brev, that's not playing.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I wonder what Pilsbury Doughboy is up to these days now?

I wonder has he gotten over his meltdown and Rodgers getting sacked yet?

Sturridge even in 13/14 didn't press much. Don't remember him tackling or recovering balls like Suarez,Sterling,Coutinho & Henderson .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Anfield_klopp.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

The owners have not been stingey by any means, they just haven't bought the right players. I don't know which is worse tbh, I hate waste even if its not my money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Pity we'll never get to see what Sterling would do under a manger like Klopp, actually.

He'd suit his style down to the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

garra wrote: »
    The owners have not been stingey by any means, they just haven't bought the right players. I don't know which is worse tbh, I hate waste even if its not my money.

They gave Rodgers something like 90 million net over 7 windows, when ya look at what others are spending it could definitely be considered stingey.

I think you'll find that from now on, any of the signings who've been rubbish will be Rodgers players while any of the successful signings will have been made by the committee.

For me, both are culpable, but it's very easy to shift blame to the guy who's just got sacked.

Its natural the manager pays for bad results but everyone on that TC should be dismissed too or at the very least the idea should be binned.

I really hope Klopp is either more adaptable to the TC or has the power to VETO any signing. You might aswell burn the money instead of buying players the manager has no interest in. £29m and £20m for Firmino and Markovic respectively is insane money.

K-9 wrote: »
    We've only spent big money when we've sold our best players and Sterling.
    Sterling & Gotze could be quite similar. Both follow the money but stagnate football wise. Sterling could be out of the City 11 very soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

rob316 wrote: »
    Its natural the manager pays for bad results but everyone on that TC should be dismissed too or at the very least the idea should be binned.

I really hope Klopp is either more adaptable to the TC or has the power to VETO any signing. You might as well burn the money instead of buying players the manager has no interest in. £29m and £20m for Firmino and Markovic respectively is insane money.

Only insane if they don't work and its too soon to write either off though I agree with the general thrust of the point.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement