Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

MD1990 wrote: »
    Sterling & Gotze could be quite similar. Both follow the money but stagnate football wise. Sterling could be out of the City 11 very soon.

Sterling is playing the same level in City's team as he did in Liverpool's last season. Götze has won a few trophies too since his move. If you're talking about great decisions in their careers then yeah they'd be similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

rob316 wrote: »
    Its natural the manager pays for bad results but everyone on that TC should be dismissed too or at the very least the idea should be binned.

I really hope Klopp is either more adaptable to the TC or has the power to VETO any signing. You might aswell burn the money instead of buying players the manager has no interest in. £29m and £20m for Firmino and Markovic respectively is insane money.
    In fairness Rodgers was going to churn through players anyway with his chopping and changing of tactics. The transfer committee were signing players to fit an agreed system, Rodgers was at something else.

Klopp worked with a transfer committee at Dortmund without any issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Talisman wrote: »
    In fairness Rodgers was going to churn through players anyway with his chopping and changing of tactics. The transfer committee were signing players to fit an agreed system, Rodgers was at something else.

Klopp worked with a transfer committee at Dortmund without any issues.

Not playing the blame game, Rodgers is gone I'm looking to the new man now.

Just highlighting what an absolute monumental **** up the relationship between manager and TC so far has been.

another clueless english journo lol
    Don't give them the attention they seek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

What a moron that Matt Law is he fails to mention the fact Klopp won back to back league titles and got to a CL final.

I've noticed a few English journo's reluctant to take apart Rodgers due to some allegiance to British coaches. They absolutely tore into managers like Rafa and AVB.

Liam O wrote: »
    Sterling is playing the same level in City's team as he did in Liverpool's last season. Götze has won a few trophies too since his move. If you're talking about great decisions in their careers then yeah they'd be similar.
    Yes he is so thats why we done great to get 50m for him. No evidence so far Sterling has made a great decision football wise but time will tell. Gotze has stagnated in the last few years with Bayern though & hasn't really performed consitently for them at all. Don't think Gotze's agent would agree saying it was a great decision apart from more money
    http://www.goal.com/en/news/15/german-football/2015/07/06/13337202/guardiola-has-destroyed-gotze-agent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Maybe giving him too much credit, but I wonder if any of that is him trying to get his name out there by talking crap. Liverpool is a huge market, and Klopp makes it even bigger, especially on social media right now.

Like, it clearly works as now his tweets are getting re-posted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Brev, that's not playing.....

Fixed :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Fans need to stop mocking up sh!t like this. It's cringey.

CQtxFZVWIAEVPka.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

brevity wrote: »
    Fixed :)

Nice song, gives me the chance for a cheap brag, I was playing that earlier on my guitar!

Sorry I meant EPIC song.

monkey9 wrote: »

That's so awfully bad it's actually quite amusing, surely it's a pisstake!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

CQtxFZVWIAEVPka.jpg

Puke inducing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

CQtxFZVWIAEVPka.jpg

anigif_enhanced-buzz-12833-1426647088-9.gif

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

That's awful It's the type of crap you'd like to think was done by a utd fan to take the piss out of us, but you know it wasn't sadly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Yes he is so thats why we done great to get 50m for him. No evidence so far Sterling has made a great decision football wise but time will tell.

As long as he still keeps playing regularly, it'll have been a good decision to go. He's getting the same gametime in a better team for more money.

With the incredible quality they have there, particularly with De Bruyne starting well, he could find himself becoming an impact player before too long alright. Certainly an interesting one to watch. He does still show flashes of brilliance, with some great interplay with Silva in particular though...

For our January window under Klopp, Subotic could be a very interesting one...not first choice at Dortmund anymore so they could be willing to sell at a pretty reasonable price. Still only 26, and played all his best football under Klopp. Subo and Sakho could be an impressive partnership.

Subo, Bender (or like) and a winger and i'd be pretty happy with our team and depth.

5starpool wrote: »
    That's awful It's the type of crap you'd like to think was done by a utd fan to take the piss out of us, but you know it wasn't sadly.

I have to imagine that only the very first ones were genuine, and all the ones since are being ironic....I really, really hope that's the case.

5starpool wrote: »

I'd love to think it's akin to that 'Liverpool fanatic' who does the pisstake commentary of games, going on about how we were robbed.

Does anyone know if that lad is a genuine self mocking Liverpool fan or Everton or United fan, either way it's very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Thidp

Subotic, Gundogan and Reus.

The first two are quite possible, I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Ben Smith just on 5live saying an announcement is now expected late tomorrow evening, with Klopp in Liverpool from tomorrow morning.

\/ need to be quicker than that! :pac: \/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

Ben Smith just on 5live saying an announcement is now expected late tomorrow evening, with Klopp in Liverpool from tomorrow morning.

199pnha4ch72mgif.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

They gave Rodgers something like 90 million net over 7 windows, when ya look at what others are spending it could definitely be considered stingey.

Well lets just be grateful they didn't spend more considering what we acquired for 290 million in the last 3/4 yrs, the club could be heading for financial meltdown otherwise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Lads you're all mad. There is NO WAY Klopp will take the job why would he, Liverpool are just a small club...

but just in case he does i've it on good word from a mate in Manchester that he's rubbish anyway and the two league titles were in the Bundesliga, no good teams even in that. Sure its basically like winning the league with Celtic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Lads you're all mad. There is NO WAY Klopp will take the job why would he, Liverpool are just a small club...

but just in case he does i've it on good word from a mate in Manchester that he's rubbish anyway and the two league titles were in the Bundesliga, no good teams even in that. Sure its basically like winning the league with Celtic.

Sure I was told today that he destroyed Dortmund in the end by finishing 7th last season :pac:

Happy Klopp Eve.

Klopp now 50/1 NOT to be the next Liverpool manager....

cdya.gif

Thidp wrote: »

Subotic has fitness issues. He had a cruciate ligament injury a couple of years ago. Last season he had some discomfort in his back but played almost every game and this season he has been unavailable due to a back injury.

Klopp will know the players but I wouldn't expect him to return to Dortmund for them. It will be an opportunity for him to work with players that were not previously available to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Klopp now 50/1 NOT to be the next Liverpool manager....

Odds don't mean anything though. There was probably some large bets on him. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,981 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Thidp wrote: »

Maybe he doesn't need to sign anybody, there is a wealth of talent at Liverpool that just need to be played in their right positions.

• Advertisement

magma69 wrote: »
    Odds don't mean anything though. There was probably some large bets on him. ;)

It's on the exchanges, big difference. There's 600k exchanged so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

rarnes1 wrote: »
    It's on the exchanges, big difference. There's 600k exchanged so far

I'm just parroting some comments we've heard from United fans over the last few days. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

CQtxFZVWIAEVPka.jpg

RAWK should be shut down, and all those involved in it prohibited from communicating with real people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

I've been reading Red Cafe. No point getting excited about Klopp, he took a side from CL finalists to 7th, he's overrated. And anyway, he's off Bayern as soon as the opportunity arises.

Ah well :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

LiamoSail wrote: »
    I've been reading Red Cafe. No point getting excited about Klopp, he took a side from CL finalists to 7th, he's overrated. And anyway, he's off Bayern as soon as the opportunity arises.

Overrated and crap and one of the top 3 clubs in the world will take him off us anyway.

hmmmm...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/3ntf3z/jurgen_klopp_to_arrive_at_anfield_on_thursday_to/

This article is saying Klopp is going to Liverpool
    AND
    Benitez going to Madrid.
    If both happens in 2015, I will eat a hat and post the video on Youtube.
    Tag this.
    Edit 1: Thank you for the reminder, guys. I will be posting the video on December 25th, 2100. Youtube link will follow as it gets closer. I will be eating a 3 course meal of deep fried fedora, poached tophat, and grilled Manchester United cap.
    Edit 2: Please read Edit 1 for more information.
    Edit 3: I am extremely delighted to see the outpouring of support and excitement from our community regarding this hat eating video. I can't wait to finally upload it.

United fan on Reddit posts this 4 months ago and edits it the other day to put the year he will do it as 2100. Typical of that lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

LiamoSail wrote: »

Same thing has been said on here numerous times by United fans and a 'non United' fan.

I hope Klopp knows what he's doing, he's about to go from being highly coveted to overrated quicker than Clyne did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

SlickRic wrote: »
    it's like waiting for fúcking Christmas.

I always get to open a present on christmas eve though. Maybe Klopp glasses and hat will sign this evening and himself in the morning, be great!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm very sad :(

You're going to find plenty of United fans who are trying to say he's ****, in the same way Pool fans would if ye were linked with someone and then they went to us. But regardless of what those sorts of fans say, a lot of that negative reaction will come from the fact they are overcompensating for their true feelings.

He's a major nab for you lot. Going to be paying far closer attention to Pool matches now, and am envious ye got him. :( Congrats....

I swear to Fowler, the first time Klopp runs up the touchline and jumps head first into the Kop after we score an injury time winner against Man U, i'm going to punch somebody in the face.

Even if that face is mine, i don't care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Same thing has been said on here numerous times by United fans and a 'non United' fan.

I hope Klopp knows what he's doing, he's about to go from being highly coveted to overrated quicker than Clyne did.

To be honest, I think Clyne is a bit overrated. He's solid at the back but doesn't offer much going forward. I'd prefer the socuse cafa (flanaghan - I genuinely forgot his real name and he'll prob be crap if he ever gets back) in there but then he'd be better utilised at left back instead of Moreno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

When its confirmed I might just have a tear in my eye.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'm very sad :(

You're going to find plenty of United fans who are trying to say he's ****, in the same way Pool fans would if ye were linked with someone and then they went to us. But regardless of what those sorts of fans say, a lot of that negative reaction will come from the fact they are overcompensating for their true feelings.

He's a major nab for you lot. Going to be paying far closer attention to Pool matches now, and am envious ye got him. :( Congrats....

He's an absolute coup, there's no doubt about it. The only people almost as happy as Liverpool fans are the British media.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Augme

Great appointed if it happens(I don't want to jinx it....). You can tell by the reaction of opposition fans. The sensible ones are very worried and would have much preferred someone else while the stupid ones are spending their time telling us how over-rated he is. I can only imagine the reaction if we'd hire someone like Gary Monk, opposition fans praising it in their droves.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

I always thought those RAWK pictures were trollbait made by anti-liverpool supporters (you know, those guys who follow Man Utd as an excuse to sh*t on everybody else). If they are actually made by Liverpool fans than they need to take a step back and think about what they are doing. Terrible Terrible lemon Terrible

Im very excited though with Klopp. It almost seems like a perfect fit. We still have massive problems in the players we transferred - namely having no real wingers, but anything was better than the past few weeks. Reminded me far too much of Paul Konchesky, Roy Hodgsen and Christian Poulsen... horrible stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

OH MY GOD ITS SO EXCITING!

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    To be honest, I think Clyne is a bit overrated. He's solid at the back but doesn't offer much going forward. I'd prefer the socuse cafa (flanaghan - I genuinely forgot his real name and he'll prob be crap if he ever gets back) in there but then he'd be better utilised at left back instead of Moreno.

Most people forget all about Steve Finnan, but he's one of the finest right back's we've ever had. He'd get into any Liverpool team. Defensively solid and he was superb going forward and whipping in a cross.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

I swear to Fowler, the first time Klopp runs up the touchline and jumps head first into the Kop after we score an injury time winner against Man U, i'm going to punch somebody in the face.

Even if that face is mine, i don't care.

Fight%20Club%20-%20Edward%20Norton%20punching%20himself%20in%20the%20face.gif

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement