Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Been trying to keep it cool but I am proper ****ing excited right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Fight%20Club%20-%20Edward%20Norton%20punching%20himself%20in%20the%20face.gif

Except i'll be smiling!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    To be honest, I think Clyne is a bit overrated. He's solid at the back but doesn't offer much going forward. I'd prefer the socuse cafa (flanaghan - I genuinely forgot his real name and he'll prob be crap if he ever gets back) in there but then he'd be better utilised at left back instead of Moreno.

You can't be saying a player is overrated and then say you'd rather put a player in there who is even more overrated.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Is this the first time in the history of this thread that everyone has been excited about anything?

P.S I'm cautious but fairly excited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

MD1990 wrote: »

While there is no doubting the credibility (or lack there of) of the majority of the English press, the last two comments came on the back of BD winning two leagues, coming second and getting to the champions league final. As perfectly illustrated by BR, 2 years is a helluva long time in football nowadays and can ring massive changes of fortune. Still doesn't make Klopp any less of a great coach of course but football pundits and fans alike are at the best of times a fickle bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

monkey9 wrote: »
    Most people forget all about Steve Finnan, but he's one of the finest right back's we've ever had. He'd get into any Liverpool team. Defensively solid and he was superb going forward and whipping in a cross.

Rob Jones was outstanding too before his dodgy back stopped him. He'd have kept Neville on his toes in the England side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Is this the first time in the history of this thread that everyone has been excited about anything?

P.S I'm cautious but fairly excited.

Why would you possibly be cautious? :confused:

We're on the verge of a MASSIVE upgrade in manager. It may not work out, but we've a better chance of being successful than we had last week

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Why would you possibly be cautious? :confused:

We're on the verge of a MASSIVE upgrade in manager. It may not work out, but we've a better chance of being successful than we had last week

Because I'm open minded enough to realise that his form in Germany simply might not transfer to England. The players we have might not take to his way of playing, as someone else said earlier, can you see Sturridge pressing from the front for 90 minutes?

Nothing would make me happier than seeing him succeed but it's OK to be slightly worried too.

Because I'm open minded enough to realise that his form in Germany simply might not transfer to England. The players we have might not take to his way of playing, as someone else said earlier, can you see Sturridge pressing from the front for 90 minutes?

Nothing would make me happier than seeing him succeed but it's OK to be slightly worried too.

Of course it mightn't work, but at worst he doesn't perform and we're flipping about between 5th & 8th and therefore no worse than Rodgers.

He is a proven winner though, something we've been sorely lacking.

As I said, this switch improves our chances of success therefore it seems silly to be worried, particularly when you weren't about Rodgers at the helm

• Advertisement

While there is no doubting the credibility (or lack there of) of the majority of the English press, the last two comments came on the back of BD winning two leagues, coming second and getting to the champions league final. As perfectly illustrated by BR, 2 years is a helluva long time in football nowadays and can ring massive changes of fortune. Still doesn't make Klopp any less of a great coach of course but football pundits and fans alike are at the best of times a fickle bunch.

I do get your point, but what Klopp achieved gives him a hell of a lot more time than what Rodgers achieved.

If i was a Dortmund fan, there's not a chance i'd have been calling for him to be sacked during that final season simply because of what he had already achieved.

If the following season was going the same way, sure, i would then have doubts. But even then, i'd still be backing him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'm very sad :(

You're going to find plenty of United fans who are trying to say he's ****, in the same way Pool fans would if ye were linked with someone and then they went to us. But regardless of what those sorts of fans say, a lot of that negative reaction will come from the fact they are overcompensating for their true feelings.

He's a major nab for you lot. Going to be paying far closer attention to Pool matches now, and am envious ye got him. :( Congrats....

Id have to agree with all this, I'm very excited to see him manage in the PL and i reckon he will have Pool challenging for the top 4 this season no doubt.

Im still hoping that Klopp is a smokescreen for Gary Monk :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Klopp now 1/50 with the bookies - it looks like this is really happening!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Maybe 'The Klopp' could change his name to 'The Rodgers' then everyone is happy.

Happy he is coming, had a small preference for Ancelotti, but on board with zee Kloppmania.

Does anyone actually know what went wrong at Dortmund? What was behind the collapse of fortunes? Champs to struggling back up to 7th?

I've said it already, Klopp isn't a surefire thing at all. And if that turns out to be the case, then we'll deal with it down the road. But now is the time to be excited.

This is our best appointment since Rafa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

It's more than likely the deal was done a few weeks ago, probably after the United match, but FSG are respecting Rodgers by waiting nearly a week before they announce Klopp as manager.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Happy he is coming, had a small preference for Ancelotti, but on board with zee Kloppmania.

Does anyone actually know what went wrong at Dortmund? What was behind the collapse of fortunes? Champs to struggling back up to 7th?

The loss of Lewandowski coupled with a ridiculous injury situation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I do get your point, but what Klopp achieved gives him a hell of a lot more time than what Rodgers achieved.

If i was a Dortmund fan, there's not a chance i'd have been calling for him to be sacked during that final season simply because of what he had already achieved.

If the following season was going the same way, sure, i would then have doubts. But even then, i'd still be backing him.

Absolutely.

If he isn't given a minimum of 2.5 seasons then there is no point giving him the job. It will take time to get rid of the dead wood, gets in some of his players and get them gelled.

Im quite looking forward to seeing his first presser tbh. Managers of his ilk bring more attention to the league and by extension make it more attractive to the upper tier footballers in the world. Not necessarily to sign for LFC but it makes the league a more exciting proposition in general imo.

One of the worst injury lists I can remember at a club aswell as Ramos and Immobile getting nowhere close to replacing Lewandowski.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭mudstack

I'm looking forward to seeing what way the new manager works and what kind of team/formation he picks over the coming weeks. Always an exciting time when a new manager comes in (I reckon that excitement is half the reason some fans want a new manager).

I have to say though, some of the slagging of Rodgers on here has been ridiculous.
    Some didn't feel he was the right man anymore which was fine.

But a lot were calling him this and that and to be honest it said a lot more about the them than Rodgers and they wouldn't be fit to tie his shoe laces.
    Rodgers was nothing but a gentleman from day one at the club and went above and beyond the call of duty. He also steered us to within an inch of the title against all odds, the closest we have ever been to winning the Premiership.
    The way some were going on, you'd think he was out to ruin the club.

Here's an example I seen today which was accompanied with pictures.

By a Fan
    Everyone has their opinion on the news today of Rogers sacked but to me it touched my heart�� 2 years ago my grandad had a wish come through better than he imagined all thanks to Brendan Rogers, grandad had booked his last trip to Anfield for a match but couldn't go due to his illness, but Rogers agreed to come meet him at a hotel and sat chatting to him for as long as my grandad wanted to talk about all the years of Liverpool he has supported, they laughed,cried and respected one another so much..I'll always remember my grandads words that day "I had to pinch myself to make sure this was real" Brendan Rogers also gave tickets to my grandad for the match in Dublin that day but unfortunately he couldn't make it but he came home with the biggest smile and said no game could beat the day I had..2 months later he passed away but with his wish fulfilled and much better ��
    Best of luck in the future gentleman Brendan Rogers

mudstack wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to seeing what way the new manager works and what kind of team/formation he picks over the coming weeks. Always an exciting time when a new manager comes in (I reckon that excitement is half the reason some fans want a new manager).

I have to say though, some of the slagging of Rodgers on here has been ridiculous.

But a lot were calling him this and that and to be honest it said a lot more about the them than Rodgers and they wouldn't be fit to tie his shoe laces.
    Rodgers was nothing but a gentleman from day one at the club and went above and beyond the call of duty. The way some were going on, you'd think he was out to ruin the club.

By a Fan
    Everyone has their opinion on the news today of Rogers sacked but to me it touched my heart�� 2 years ago my grandad had a wish come through better than he imagined all thanks to Brendan Rogers, grandad had booked his last trip to Anfield for a match but couldn't go due to his illness, but Rogers agreed to come meet him at a hotel and sat chatting to him for as long as my grandad wanted to talk about all the years of Liverpool he has supported, they laughed,cried and respected one another so much..I'll always remember my grandads words that day "I had to pinch myself to make sure this was real" Brendan Rogers also gave tickets to my grandad for the match in Dublin that day but unfortunately he couldn't make it but he came home with the biggest smile and said no game could beat the day I had..2 months later he passed away but with his wish fulfilled and much better ��

Show us the link to that - smells like bull****.

They cried together?! Weird :p

Rodgers was nothing but a gentleman from day one at the club and went above and beyond the call of duty. The way some were going on, you'd think he was out to ruin the club.

By a Fan

Indeed. What a "scumbag" as one eejit called him in the heat of the moment.

• Subscribers Posts: 693 ✭✭✭FlipperThePriest

I've said it already, Klopp isn't a surefire thing at all.

Exactly... and sure who is!? That's the beauty of it, what'd be the point in it all if you could predict the outcome. It's all part of the excitement. As he said himself "If, in the last four years, Barcelona were the first team I saw playing when I was four years of age — this serenity of football, they win 5-0, 6-0 — I would have played tennis."

Exciting times.

• Advertisement

By a Fan

Yours Faithfully
    Joe Allen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

An old man on his death bed, it wouldn't be unfathomable that he might cry, especially during what can only be a nostalgic moment for him.

No shame if Rodgers has a heart and his eyes welled up in that moment, tbh. Wouldn't be ridiculing it or calling it weird.

You always were a bit personal with your hatred of Rodgers though. That was a little weird.

Yours Faithfully
    Joe Allen

There yas are :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

I've said it already, Klopp isn't a surefire thing at all. And if that turns out to be the case, then we'll deal with it down the road. But now is the time to be excited.

This is our best appointment since Rafa.

Yep, this feels quite similar in anticipation to when Rafa got the job in 04. I remember the Valencia machine from 2001-2004 and the buzz thinking Rafa was gonna get us playing like that.

It took a season for Rafa to get used to Premier lg and may or may not take Klopp the same to get the swing of it but it feels very similar

I am excite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Yours Faithfully
    Joe Allen

Scumbag

• Advertisement

Knex. wrote: »
    An old man on his death bed, it wouldn't be unfathomable that he might cry, especially during what can only be a nostalgic moment for him.

No shame if Rodgers has a heart and his eyes welled up in that moment, tbh. Wouldn't be ridiculing it or calling it weird.

You always were a bit personal with your hatred of Rodgers though. That was a little weird.

Well id call Rodgers crying meeting a man he never met strange.

I'm sure our poster friend will be along any minute with a link to the pictures he mentioned....

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=947741671966981&id=138806056193884

There ya go pet. He's not a patch on a great man like you though I'm sure.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=947741671966981&id=138806056193884

There ya go pet. He's not a patch on a great man like you though I'm sure.

Mr Alan I hope you'll put your hands up and admit you were wrong.

T-K-O wrote: »
    Scumbag

Ah Joe is ok he tries his best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

There are actually a lot of stories around Liverpool similar to that. Heard a couple on a few podcasts, and even the day he was sacked, Rodgers was there signing autographs for kids for ages after the Derby, knowing full well he was on his last legs as Liverpool manager.

Regardless of what you think of his managerial ability, he is a very decent guy.

Lol @ Alan. Stung

How is that "stung"?! I asked to see the pictures?! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Scumbag

Bit strong, no?

It's a nice story and fair play to Brendan for doing that but the Joe Allen thing was funny in fairness.

There are actually a lot of stories around Liverpool similar to that. Heard a couple on a few podcasts, and even the day he was sacked, Rodgers was there signing autographs for kids for ages after the Derby, knowing full well he was on his last legs as Liverpool manager.

Regardless of what you think of his managerial ability, he is a very decent guy.

This, it requires jedi levels of hate not to see it. Rodgers defiantly got the club and it's position in the community

Mr Alan I hope you'll put your hands up and admit you were wrong.

A fool is never wrong.

• Advertisement

He certainly has his moments and seems sound. However that's obviously 100% irrelevant to his abilities as a manager

Meeting an old man & signing autographs for kids are definitely nice. Throwing coaching staff under a bus to save your own skin, maybe not so much.

How is that "stung"?! I asked to see the pictures?! :confused:

Next you'll be telling us you gave Rodgers a chance and that's not piss on my shoes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Brendan is a good guy. Can we forget about him now and concentrate on Herr Klopp!

Bit strong, no?

It's a nice story and fair play to Brendan for doing that but the Joe Allen thing was funny in fairness.

And for my next act, I'm going to slaughter the Indians!

Scumbag

I shouldn't have said that about Rodgers to be fair. I take it back and apologies. I'm sure he's a decent fella who knew things were going very badly, and sacrificing his coaches was the actions of a drowning man clutching at anything to save himself, a decision he probably now regrets doing.

PS - I hope the mods don't mind me putting it in bold I just want to make sure people see this post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    To be honest, I think Clyne is a bit overrated. He's solid at the back but doesn't offer much going forward. I'd prefer the socuse cafa (flanaghan - I genuinely forgot his real name and he'll prob be crap if he ever gets back) in there but then he'd be better utilised at left back instead of Moreno.

So how soon are you back?

Next you'll be telling us you gave Rodgers a chance and that's not piss on my shoes

My opinions on Rodgers changed over time. In line with his performances, as a normal persons should. Summary over his time at the club & my corresponding feelings;

Appointment/Season 1: Not good enough, never should have gotten the job. Not a winner. Mouth piece. Loves himself. No substance.

Season 2: Jaysus maybe I'm wrong! We're defensively disorganised as **** and horrid in the transfer market, but **** me we're lethal up front!

Season 3: Oh no, was right the first time :(

Season 4: Why is this fella still here?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Ah jasus this was low Alan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

My opinions on Rodgers changed over time. In line with his performances, as a normal persons should. Summary over his time at the club & my corresponding feelings;

Appointment/Season 1: Not good enough, never should have gotten the job. Not a winner. Mouth piece. Loves himself. No substance. Post opinions in loud manner

Season 2: Silence, ignore everything. Secretly miss the misery of midtable. Give boards.ie wide berth

Season 3: Oh no, was right the first time :) Rush to boards.ie to let people know this

Season 4: Why is this fella still here?! Post this and remind others how right I was about Rodgers

FYP

• Advertisement

I shouldn't have said that about Rodgers to be fair. I take it back and apologies. I'm sure he's a decent fella who knew things were going very badly, and sacrificing his coaches was the actions of a drowning man clutching at anything to save himself, a decision he probably now regrets doing.

PS - I hope the mods don't mind me putting it in bold I just want to make sure people see this post.

I was taking the Michael. .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement