Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

T-K-O wrote: »
    And for my next act, I'm going to slaughter the Indians!

?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I was taking the Michael. .

I know I just wanted to say that anyway. I don't hate Rodgers, now Razor Ruddock I fcuking hate:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

LiamoSail wrote: »
    FYP

Not funny or true.

And has been proven not true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Has my post about Caovyn been deleted? I wasn't being serious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

s_38_295__klopp1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

You's are like kids on Christmas Eve debating the merits of the Easter Bunny.

Would you's ever shut the fvck up and go to bed. The sooner you do, the sooner Santa Klopp arrives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

I know I just wanted to say that anyway. I don't hate Rodgers, now Razor Ruddock I fcuking hate:)

But that header!!

monkey9 wrote: »
    You's are like kids on Christmas Eve debating the merits of the Easter Bunny.

Would you's ever shut the fvck up and go to bed. The sooner you do, the sooner Santa Klopp arrives.

jens-1419435625.jpg
    c3cadc232103909eba3c6acf27cb7945.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Most people forget all about Steve Finnan, but he's one of the finest right back's we've ever had. He'd get into any Liverpool team. Defensively solid and he was superb going forward and whipping in a cross.

Haven't had a full back since that could cross as well. Excellent full back, best I've seen in a Liverpool shirt.

jens-1419435625.jpg
    c3cadc232103909eba3c6acf27cb7945.jpg

That was disturbingly quick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

garra wrote: »
    So how soon are you back?

Sorry, don't quite follow you there?

That was disturbingly quick.

I've had Klopp pic's gifs & memes lined up for about a year waiting for him to be named manager :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Season 2: Jaysus maybe I'm wrong! We're defensively disorganised as **** and horrid in the transfer market, but **** me we're lethal up front!

Maybe? Maybe I'm wrong, are you serious here?...........blowing teams away and you mildly questioned your opinion on a manager bringing it all together? and all it took was the closest title charge we had in the EPL era?...........absolute spoofer comment :pac:

At the end of that season I honestly thought we had an incredible young manager on our hands, its a shame he turned his back on everything that made us great that season.

My opinions on Rodgers changed over time. In line with his performances, as a normal persons should. Summary over his time at the club & my corresponding feelings;

Appointment/Season 1: Not good enough, never should have gotten the job. Not a winner. Mouth piece. Loves himself. No substance.

Season 2: Jaysus maybe I'm wrong! We're defensively disorganised as **** and horrid in the transfer market, but **** me we're lethal up front!

Season 3: Oh no, was right the first time :(

Season 4: Why is this fella still here?!

You just said, season 1. mind made up.season 2 bandwagoned it for awhile.

3&4 back to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

This, it requires jedi levels of hate not to see it. Rodgers defiantly got the club and it's position in the community

I thought he did it willingly enough :P

All the best to Rodgers, I stood behind him till the end (which was about a month ago). He entertained us and I thought his hamming up of his role in "Being Lpool" gave us more clues to his talents than we saw at the time..came across as a first class waffler when the sh1t hit the fan.

garra wrote: »
    I thought he did it willingly enough :P

All the best to Rodgers, I stood behind him till the end (which was about a month ago). He entertained us and I thought his hamming up of his role in "Being Lpool" gave us more clues to his talents than we saw at the time..came across as a first class waffler when the sh1t hit the fan.

I see boards is just like my spelling, fcuked. I'm out (tomorrow could be a great day for us all)

NukaCola wrote: »
    At the end of that season I honestly thought we had an incredible young manager on our hands

But we didn't. He was just along for the ride like the rest of us. Hence why I said "maybe" I was wrong

Thankfully we are now close to having a manager any sane fan will be fully behind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Seems to be a real bang of desperation from the journalists about this. All trying to be the first to have any slight bit of news. I guess being outscooped by some no names on Twitter damaged some pride.

But we didn't. He was just along for the ride like the rest of us. Hence why I said "maybe" I was wrong

Thankfully we are now close to having a manager any sane fan will be fully behind

Ya, my point was we all thought he was the real deal, or the vast majority, I would say you included but apologies if wrong.......did you not say you were wrong? Not that you thought you were wrong but you were actually wrong?

Its not important, just poking a bit of fun and looking forward to a manager that really is the real deal.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Why do people care so much about arguing with Mr Alan? The sooner Klopp is confirmed and we have something definite else to talk about the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Rodgers done a good job overall. 13/14 was an incredible season that I will never forget & Rodgers deserves great credit for that season. I still believe he is a good coach & I think he will go on to have a good career. He also came acoss as a good man despite your constant personal abuse of him which dragged down this thead for years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Twas the night before Jurgen, for all of the Scouse, something great was occurring, no more Rodgers in the house.

5starpool wrote: »
    Why do people care so much about arguing with Mr Alan? The sooner Klopp is confirmed and we have something definite else to talk about the better.

If thats directed at me all I'm doing is poking a bit of fun at someone who is patting himself on the back......it just happens to be MrAlan :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

My opinions on Rodgers changed over time. In line with his performances, as a normal persons should. Summary over his time at the club & my corresponding feelings;

Appointment/Season 1: Not good enough, never should have gotten the job. Not a winner. Mouth piece. Loves himself. No substance.

Season 3: Oh no, was right the first time :(

Season 4: Why is this fella still here?!

Yeah, while I was watching Liverpool smash teams left right and centre and go on a record breaking amount of league wins that season, I just couldn't fully enjoy it with the niggle in the back of my mind about our poor defense and the players we signed, it's all I could think about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

"Season 2 - jaysus, I've a hape a work on here, better avoid boards just until that moment when it looks like we're not gonna win it"

Ya, my point was we all thought he was the real deal, or the vast majority, I would say you included but apologies if wrong.......did you not say you were wrong? Not that you thought you were wrong but you were actually wrong?

Its not important, just poking a bit of fun and looking forward to a manager that really is the real deal.

Yea, I thought I had been wrong. Turned out I hadn't.

Rodgers will find his level and end up at Sunderland or Newcastle or somewhere similar and good luck to him.

Who cares! :D

Klopp is something to be excited about.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

If thats directed at me all I'm doing is poking a bit of fun at someone who is patting himself on the back......it just happens to be MrAlan :pac:

It's aimed at the whole conversation really, not anyone in particular, but including Alan for participating fully in it too. It's a repeated conversation that's very tiresome to me.

• Advertisement

MD1990 wrote: »
    Rodgers done a good job overall.

Emmmm trying to bite my lip here, but no, no he didn't.

He spent nearly £300m and left the club in at best the same position it was in when he took over.

I'd argue it's a worse position when you factor in the lack of any world class talents in the team

It's quite simple, if he'd done a good job, he wouldn't have just been sacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

Im a Newcastle fan and I'm so ****ing jealous.

Ye now have the coolest, maddest, scariest and most inspiring mother ****er managing ye. How could the players not run through a wall for him or the fans not get behind him.

Enjoy the ride ye jammy bastards!!!!

The old net spend doesn't get used as much as it used to back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

tastyt wrote: »

Ye now have the coolest, maddest, scariest and most inspiring mother ****er managing ye. How could the players not run through a wall for him or the fans not get behind him.

It's cool, you can have Rodgers soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/may/21/jurgen-klopp-borussia-dortmund-champions-league

Seeing as it seems to be a done deal, I figured id share this interview klopp did with the guardian before the dortmund bayern final. I remember reading it at the time and finding it fascinating, all the more fascinating now. I strongly recommend reading it, gives is a great insight into the eccentricity of the man. He comes across as a very interesting and likeable guy, but also completely bonkers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

5starpool wrote: »

Why do people....
    • argue with Mr. Alan?
    • argue with the really annoying pro-Rodgers guy?
    • argue with the equally annoying anti-Rodgers guy?
    • tell us about what they had for breakfast?
    • moan about the fact that the forum ain't what it used to be?
    • moan about the people who moan about the fact that the forum ain't what it used to be?
    • make so many UFC references?
    • search people's history of posts just to prove someone wrong?
    • never use Google to find out what fucking channel we're on?
    • never allow for the fact that, occasioanlly, we all change our minds/opinions on things/players?
    • fools fall in love?
    Why?

We are going from a manager who was 5ft5 to one who is 6ft4 that is just more imposing on the sideline as well over the 4th officials.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭S. Goodspeed

The old net spend doesn't get used as much as it used to back in the day.

Neither does our trophy cabinet!

Neither does our trophy cabinet!

It has a second place trophy in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

tastyt wrote: »

Fair point. If they don;t show motivation after Klopp, then there's really no hope for them.

The already fragile mental state of the defence, now - that could go either way...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Can you imagine buying a new cool car. A Tesla for example. Its fcuking cool, its fcuking fast. You've wanted one for ages and spent hours watching YouTube clips on the finer points of the car. No-one can believe that you have managed to buy this car.

The Jeremy Clarksons of this world, even though they know you're on to a winner will say the car's credentials are fraudulent. But you don't give a **** because its like all you're Christmas mornings at once.

AND YOU SPEND THE WHOLE NIGHT BEFORE IT ARRIVES ARGUING THE FINER POINTS OF THE MAZDA 3 YOU TRADED IN TO BUY IT WITH THE MAN DOWN THE ROAD

That's the LFC thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

A lot of people seem to be mentioning being content with 5th or 6th place this season. I understand that there shouldnt be a minimum requirement of bettering that this season and it shouldnt be until the end of next season that we start judging his performance. However, I think were in a really good position to challenge for fourth or even better this season. I think we have a pretty good squad of players, though there are a couple weaknesses admittedly. All the big teams are underperforming so far and the table is very bunched. Were 8 games in and weve already been to old trafford, emirates and goodison. I dont really know how good klopp is, but going by his record and reputation, he'll be one of the best managers in the league. I think we have a decent chance of finishing in the top four and will be slightly disappointed if we dont come very close to doing so.

He was just along for the ride :rolleyes:

This is bullsh!t, Al. You make it sound like we didn't need a manager that year. Just play Suarez and it will be grand. Fvcking bull****.

Sure Shankly was a spoofer, it was Keegan and Toshack that brought him his success. But that was them two alone. Nothing to do with the manager.

Paisley...another spoofer. Had Dalglish playing in his team. All about Dalglish, no other player on the team exists. Forget about tactics. And then the eejit did another silly thing by sticking by Ian Rush. Paisley was a sh!te manager, it was just Rush scoring goals.

As for Dalglish, don't get me started on him. That gobsh!te was playing Beardsley Barnes and Aldridge just to win a game. Yeah fine, they won stuff. But without them, how sh!t would Kenny be. It's almost like he was playing them because they were bought for a specific purpose.

He spent nearly £300m and left the club in at best the same position it was in when he took over.

I'd argue it's a worse position when you factor in the lack of any world class talents in the team

Net spend and yeah, we're in a better position than when Kenny left us.

You really talking about Rodgers in the same breath as Shankly, Paisely & Dalglish? :confused:

Our squad is alot better than it was in 2012. Maybe we had some bigger names but apart from Suarez they were all past there best. Coutinho is a potential world class talent so is Sturridge if he can remain fit. Benteke has shown some promising signs too. Firmino hasn't settled yet but under Klopp i expect him to be a very good player for us. Clyne has made a great start for & Moreno is starting to show what a good player he is. Danny Ings looks like he will be a good striker for us as well. Maybe we lack big name playes but overall I think we have a squad to challenge for the Top 4.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Our squad is alot better than it was in 2012. Maybe we had some bigger names but apart from Suarez they were all past there best. Coutinho is a potential world class talent so is Sturridge if he can remain fit. Benteke has shown some promising signs too. Firmino hasn't settled yet but under Klopp i expect him to be a very good player for us. Clyne has made a great start for & Moreno is starting to show what a good player he is. Danny Ings looks like he will be a good striker for us as well. Maybe we lack big name playes but overall I think we have a squad to challenge for the Top 4.

Which is what we had when Rodgers came....?

If I had a choice between Klopp inheriting the squad we had them or the squad we have now, if pick the one we had then. I think anyone would be mad not to tbh.

Just saw this quote from Giles earlier, sums up Rodgers perfectly;
    I was very critical of him at times because I think he used to talk too much and promise too much. He had this business talk or business speak, rather than football talk. At times he was like the fella who you'd ask the time and he'd tell you how to build a clock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I don't know if I said it already but I'm so excited. We never sign high profile players so this is new territory signing a world class manager, the level of expectation I have is crazy. I definitely need to calm down. My wife is sick of me talking about Klopp the past few days.

Which is what we had when Rodgers came....?

If I had a choice between Klopp inheriting the squad we had them or the squad we have now, if pick the one we had then. I think anyone would be mad not to tbh.

Just saw this quote from Giles earlier, sums up Rodgers perfectly;
    :confused: We finished 8th befoe Rodgers came on 52 points. 17 points behind 4th.
    So no we didn't have a squad to challenge fo Top 4. We were closer to finishing in the bottom 3 than the top 4.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement