Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16 (*EVERYONE READ MOD POST in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Ignore it. It's only headlines to make the story a bit more dramatic. Every one and their dog says it's a done deal.

I don't really want to see too much talk about the past in here going forward but I do think it's likely Rodgers will manage a big club again and be involved in a title run.

Many rational thinking folk will recognise and acknowledge that if given top class players he might well get them performing, there are quite a few clubs with quite a few top class players that don't run at full pelt as much as they should.

Quite often availability is key.

It wouldn't be at all surprising to see him get a 2/3 year contract or even a short term caretaker / interim role initially (like Rafa at Chelsea) to see could he get the best from a team.

No doubt the usual suspects will attempt o rubbish my post but in the absence of them having a crystal ball .... well :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

I'm honestly still ****ting it that there is gonna be an 11th hour collapse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

CQxnJ2YWUAAVE-Y.jpg:large

Could be a last minute hitch yet...

If we **** it up because of this there'll be anarchy...and rightly so.

EDIT:Translation is "Klopp signs today...if he can bear these two"

It makes perfect sense though when you think about it

for the last couple of days the census has been that the deal will be completed by Friday.................... so not really much to speculate about.

So thursday (today) a story like this comes out to make people panic and buy the paper.................

When he signs they will just claim that a compromise was reached even though said compromise was what was going to happen and the hitch never was.

The hitch I think that is there right now is
    • how much wages he will be on
    • how much transfer funds he will get
    • his targets per season
    • how much of the final say he will have on transfers

That is likely what is going on right now. Talks probably began with his agent mid week and reports say he was due to continue talks today meaning that nearly everything is done. I expect a deal to be reached today with a presser for this evening or tomorrow afternoon

***All speculation of course (but I doubt I am too far off)

I'm honestly still ****ting it that there is gonna be an 11th hour collapse

Im just worried that Bayern Chelsea United Barca or City will offer him a job by sacking their managers or the promise of a job at the end of the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Mr.H wrote: »
    Im just worried that Bayern Chelsea United Barca or City will offer him a job by sacking their managers or the promise of a job at the end of the season

Honestly everything I have read and heard about the guy suggest he wouldn't do that. The football romantic in me says this is the job he wants anyway and wouldn't be interested in City or Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Tomkins with an interesting pice. He defends the use of statistics in the game, but the main relevancy is perhaps him shedding even more light on Rodgers and the Transfer Committee.

It really does seem that if Rodgers had full control over transfers, we'd be in a poor state. Alternatively, if he had less control and stuck primarily to coaching the players, he'd nearly still have a job.

http://tomkinstimes.com/2015/10/liverpool-need-to-stay-out-of-the-dark-ages/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I was listening to German radio (Radio Eins)this morning and it was saying something about Klopp and the airport and Liverpool.
    If only my German was a bit better I'd have the full picture. I was asking my son to translate for me as he's fluent, but the git was too busy eating his porridge to pay me any attention.

I hope you grounded him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Morning lads, sorry I'm late, was gunning back a coffee but two or three more and I'll be good to shít myself and join the rest of you soiled fools, freaking out that Klopp won't sign for some unknown, stupid reason.

Always look on the bright side of Klopp.

Du do. Du do do dudu du do.

To be fair, we're pretty much reaching the Life of Brian frenzy level anyway. If Klopp wandered the streets of Liverpool, he'd be absolutely swamped. "THE MESSIAH!".

So yeah, The Life of Jurgen is in full swing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

I hope you grounded him.

and take his food away.

I was listening to German radio (Radio Eins)this morning and it was saying something about Klopp and the airport and Liverpool.
    If only my German was a bit better I'd have the full picture. I was asking my son to translate for me as he's fluent, but the git was too busy eating his porridge to pay me any attention.

Should have slapped his head into it, the cheeky bollocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Knex. wrote: »
    Image is too large.

Pffft...

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Can't ground him, bringing him to the game tonight. But he's not getting a flag now.
    He told me he's supporting Germany tonight as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

If Gary Mac was a stumbling block to Klopp not accepting the job, I genuinely think he would just walk away. That story is nonsense.

rob316 wrote: »
    Honestly everything I have read and heard about the guy suggest he wouldn't do that. The football romantic in me says this is the job he wants anyway and wouldn't be interested in City or Chelsea.

I know its more my paranoia that thinks the richer clubs will get him before us. Maybe its pre signing jitters or maybe its experience of deals going wrong for us over the years.

I am sure we will all be very relieved when this deal is official :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Tomkins with an interesting pice. He defends the use of statistics in the game, but the main relevancy is perhaps him shedding even more light on Rodgers and the Transfer Committee.

It really does seem that if Rodgers had full control over transfers, we'd be in a poor state. Alternatively, if he had less control and stuck primarily to coaching the players, he'd nearly still have a job.

I liked Rodgers as a coach. But when he came to signing players his eye for a player is terrible. He seems to want to buy english which is great in theory but when there is a huge lack of quality english players its a big problem. I also feel our transfer committee isn't as bad as its made out to be. Rodgers clearly treated those signings differently & under Klopp I think alot of them can become good players for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

I have the song. It's a certainty - to the tune of "Feeling Hot Hot Hot!"

Jurgen Klopp-Klopp-Klopp!
    Ole ole...ole ole
    Ole ole...ole ole

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

MD1990 wrote: »
    I liked Rodgers as a coach. But when he came to signing players his eye for a player is terrible. He seems to want to buy english which is great in theory but when there is a huge lack of quality english players its a big problem. I also feel our transfer committee isn't as bad as its made out to be. Rodgers clearly treated those signings differently & under Klopp I think alot of them can become good players for us.
    Ah here ... stop talking sense!

Dickerty wrote: »

Ole ole...ole ole
    Ole ole...ole ole

I'm on board with this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Kloppers Delight

I said a Klip Klopp,
    Klippie to the Klippie,
    The Klip, Klip a Klopp, and you don't stop, a rock it
    To the bang bang boogie, say, up jump the boogie,
    To the rhythm of the boogie, the beat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I'm sure you know exactly the point he was making.

Having some top class players is just step one to competing for the title. You then need to set everything up to wring every drop out of that talent, and everyone around them.

The way you talk about it, you'd swear that City didn't have Silva, Yaya Toure, Kompany and Aguero etc, that Chelsea didn't have Hazard, Oscar, Matic, Terry etc, that Utd didn't have De Gea, Mata, Vidic, Rooney, Van Persie etc.

All our competitors had undeniably better squads and first 11's. Having one player better than theirs doesn't give you a title challenge - it takes all your assets being utilized in the best way possible.

I think it's especially telling that we had a consistent improvement from when he joined until the end of season 2 - that comes down to working on finding the best ways for your players to compliment each other.

it's just blind ignorance to look at the passing and movement of our players and not recognize the work of the manager - Henderson, Coutinho, Sturridge, Suarez, Sterling - their interplay didn't come from one guy being really good, it came from a ****load of work on the training ground. One guy doesn't pass his way through a team, cutting them open. A team working in unison does.

Rodgers built the perfect machine with the parts available at the time, and yeah, when the biggest cog left, he couldn't make the machine work anymore. But that doesn't remove the credit he should get for making that first machine.

You've always been ludicrously harsh on him, and frankly I don't understand it.

Quoted because it's superb.

It's ok to have wanted Rodgers gone and still recognise he played a big role in getting the 13/14 team to function.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

Ole ole...ole ole
    Ole ole...ole ole
    Already coutinho's tune

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

So apparently Klopp was interested in signing Benteke and Firminho at Dortmund. If they were committee signings, then maybe there's been contact with Klopp in the summer. Shneaky contact. Maybe Rodgers got wind of this, which resulted in a lack of focus on his part.

And maybe, just maybe...

they're all lizard people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Ich bin ein Berliner..

There ya go.

Could some stick up a pic of Or new super duper looper manager next to Micky fassbender, they are like twins..

On a side note, I think the ladies are going to wet themselves with Jurgen, probably or best looking manager ever.

Hello Sailor...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

#KloppfortheKop

image2.jpg?w=640

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

ctBCEap.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Ole ole...ole ole
    Ole ole...ole ole

That's the one right there..

Ole ole...ole ole
    Ole ole...ole ole

That song is now in our heads all day. And I'm ok with that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Grayditch wrote: »
    So apparently Klopp was interested in signing Benteke and Firminho at Dortmund. If they were committee signings, then maybe there's been contact with Klopp in the summer. Shneaky contact. Maybe Rodgers got wind of this, which resulted in a lack of focus on his part.

And maybe, just maybe...

The good news is that as you say Dortmund were interested in couple of attacking players at Liverpool, he already saw Ings up close at the Everton game (yes he was there), saw Sturridge close up during that 4-0 drubbing in the pre-season last year, knows Can a bit anyway, will be perfectly aware of Coutinho. He'll have the players not on duty this week to have a few discussions and training sessions with so it shouldn't be too bad for preparation against Spurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

All fair enough, it really was a terrible piece of journalism but I doubt Mario was a Rodgers choice, seemed more a Hobson's choice after his preferred picks were gone.

Can't find the piece now but Sturrdge, Benteke, Ings, Origi, Firmino, Henderson, Coutinho and Ibe, should give him good options in attacking and pressing straight away. Plus if players tire we should have options on the bench. Oh, Lalana as well. Klopp apparently watched loads of videos of us, particularly City last year.

At our best we do press well, Arsenal first half this season when we really should have had 3 or 4 by half time.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

On a serious note on the Klopp songs...

All we need is Klopp.

Jurgen, Jurgen, Jurgen.

All we need is Klopp, Klopp, Klopp. All we need is Klopp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

That's a great read. For someone that really backed Rodgers, he pretty much takes him apart there as someone who can spot a player. Lovren, Lallana, Borini and Allen all his picks, while Edwards/committee came up with Coutinho, Sturridge, Henderson and Firmino. Any outsider would say that removing Rodgers from that equation makes us less likely to sign expensive duds now.

Having said that, I think that Lallana, Allen and Lovren could all blossom under Klopp. Get them back focused on what their strengths are. Lallana is a good example of someone who should do well under that pressure system high up the pitch. He has good energy and two good feet, so winning the ball up there requires players who can transition from defense to attack quickly, like him, Firmino and Countinho, capable of a killer ball without complex build up. Even Milner to some extent, his energy will be crucial.

Grayditch wrote: »

And maybe, just maybe...

Piece I was reading in the mirror or express suggested Klopp may even have recommended Firmino. Seems far fetched but maybe the committee asked for opinions on him as part of their research.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

I thought we all knew how bad a judge Rodgers was by now! The only good bunch he seems to have wanted were this summer - Clyne, Ings, Milner, Benteke (obviously I'll have to change my views of the last one as Dortmund wanted him in 2013!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Saying nothing until he is there holding up a Liverpool scarf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I said only it yesterday - it's very convenient to blame Rodgers for all the sh1te transfers and give credit to the committee for the good ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Saying nothing until he is there holding up a Liverpool scarf

Whoever is the first to post a photo of Klopp doing this will be a hero on here.

I thought we all knew how bad a judge Rodgers was by now! The only good bunch he seems to have wanted were this summer - Clyne, Ings, Milner, Benteke (obviously I'll have to change my views of the last one as Dortmund wanted him in 2013!)

I suppose he had to get some right eventually.

• Advertisement

So I was on the Sky Sports Liverpool manager hunt live thread (on their website)

One entry was titled "fight to keep Coutinho"

It was a brief from an article in the Mirror (I think........... a red top regardless), which says that Man City are ready to swoop for Coutinho as a replacement for Silva at the end of the season and 50 Million could be the starting point.

Now its a red top so its easy to see this is boll1x.

BUT what do you guys think? Would ye sell Coutinho?

For 50 Million I have to say I would be tempted. He hasnt done nearly enough to justify his hype. Dont get me wrong I think with better quality around him he would be seen a lot better but right now in a rebuild we could do with an extra 50 million for the Klopp empire. We have so many players who can play number 10 that losing Coutinho wouldnt exactly hurt us (because I dont think he is involved in enough goals right now that we would be impacted).

So would you sell him and how much would we be happy to get for him?

So I was on the Sky Sports Liverpool manager hunt live thread (on their website)

It was a brief from an article in the Mirror (I think........... a red top regardless), which says that Man City are ready to swoop for Coutinho as a replacement for Silva at the end of the season and 50 Million could be the starting point.

For 50 Million I have to say I would be tempted. He hasnt done nearly enough to justify his hype. Dont get me wrong I think with better quality around him he would be seen a lot better but right now in a rebuild we could do with an extra 50 million for the Klopp empire. We have so many players who can play number 10 that losing Coutinho wouldnt exactly hurt us (because I dont think he is involved in enough goals right now that we would be impacted).

Whatever Herr Klopp wants is fine by me. If Coutinho was sent off on loan to Accrington Stanley I would be able to see the sense in that.

No. I don't want to constantly sell our best players, especially to league rivals.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Sell Coutinho? Madness.

But....I do kind of think that Firmino was brought in as his replacement.

I said only it yesterday - it's very convenient to blame Rodgers for all the sh1te transfers and give credit to the committee for the good ones.

It's like blaming him for the bad times yet praising the players for the good times.

When Coutinho is sold, it will be to foreign climes.

This needs to be number one by this Sunday. Get on to iTunes lads and ladies.

I got about 45 seconds into that then realised I was starting to have thoughts of self harming.

It will be interesting to see if Klopp sets the team up in the same vein as his Dortmund side or if he will try to play to what he see's as our strengths.

I do believe we have a good side. At the risk of the fury from the pro-Rodgers camp (which I am part of) I suggest that maybe our team was under coached, especially in defence. It always seemed like they didnt know what to do when they lost the ball.

Was reading another piece yesterday about the staff Klopp would be looking at bringing in;
    • His assistant Buvac (who manages some fake international side)
    • The video analyst guy (no idea what his name is
    • His keeper coach from Dortmund (although is still at Dortmund for now)
    • Beck (his fitness coach)

Then they talked about other possibles such as
    • Hamann (who has his badges and knows Klopp well)
    • Fowler (who threw his own name into the ring)
    • Sami..............................

Now of course again this is speculation but could you imagine Sami coming back to help our defence................ Yes please

• Advertisement

We need an english version :D

I was going around singing the only words I knew yesterday

I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp, Jurgen Klopp, Jurgen Klopp
    I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp, Jurgen Klopp, Jurgen Klopp

Maybe this is what we can sing on the KOP :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement